Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

valerio

Re: HOUSEPETS! THE SERIES Official Thread

Post by valerio »

corrections done. Thank you for your cooperation, I really appreciate that. :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

kavviyenta wrote:We get to learn more about the LCG. Even it's not perfect, but on the positive end.

Hooray, Elias came into the picture. It is Elias, right?
Yeah it's Elias. Tha Housefox's fursona from back when he was Tha Housedog...and one of Light Greyfield's good friends. :3
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

He chose a big challenge Huh?
8-)
He is doing it right

whens the funeral BTW :lol:
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I love reading your fic val. It always makes me feel like I'm on an emotional... ride of some sort.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I love reading your fic val. It always makes me feel like I'm on an emotional... ride of some sort.
A roller coaster? >.>
Also:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

lightwolf21 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I love reading your fic val. It always makes me feel like I'm on an emotional... ride of some sort.
A roller coaster? >.>
Val will get the reference.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

*fails* :cry:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Oh Volant, why must you fall prey to Vanity and Anger?They are deadly sins for a reason....

Seems he is going to make friends whether he likes it or not. :lol:

Let us see how this epic match up goes. Should be VERY interesting indeed.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

I finally got caught up and am loving the latest developments in the story. Volant releasing his anger on Piper, than being saved by Martin. Then he challenges the toughest dog on the grounds. I really hope that he does good in the fight.
Yes, I am a furry.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Noah’s Park Biopark, Terrace High

‘…And now we’re split up as a Club, and poor Elpis is really depressed. Tegan doesn’t know what to do. And my best friend thinks I am a lunatic for siding with Volant’s cause.’
The zoo’s mascot, a vixen whose spotless, pure fiery red fur had earned the name of an ancient fire deity, held the fray-furred boxer in her arm. “Aw, poor Butch. It’s so unfair: you’re not a lunatic.”
Butch Greene showed a hesitant smile. ‘You really think so, Nusku?’ he said through the sign language.
She nodded. Other than sporting an unusual fur pattern, Nusku was tall for a member of her species. She easily reached the height of a medium canine. “Of course! You and your friends care for Volant. I don’t know if you’re right or wrong, but you believe in what you’re doing. It’s so sweet, I like it in boys.”
The way she said it, with that look from her slit ruby eyes, was causing Butch’s body temperature to raise quickly. Rationally, he knew Nusku had a reputation of flirting, that she was the kind of female who would look out for a toypup rather than a lifemate…and yet, he knew how to make feel one good when he was feeling down. And Drake didn’t know, or didn’t realize, how much the dog was hurt by the mocking. Butch had always supported Drake, he didn’t deserve to be ridiculed in return!
“Getting tense again, luv?” Nusku started working her magic on his shoulders and back. Butch’s expression told enough about his gratitude.
‘What should I do?’ he asked when she was finished.
“Keep fighting for what you believe in, that’s the best piece of advice I can give you. I’ve heard about that shelter, the Lucky Charm Grove: if there is a place that can educate Volant back to a more civil attitude, that’s it.”
Then the couple stopped talking, as they relaxed and enjoyed the sight of the visitors. Nusku found it funny that it was the humans who thought they were enjoying a show, when it was them with their antics to provide quite a spectacle for the animals. Better than TV!
“May I have a say in all of this?” grunted a voice…from below them.
Nusku didn’t stop her embrace with Butch.“No, my dear. Now be a good mat and shut up.”
Hannibal groaned and kept laying down while the other two sat over his back. For being a female, and not nearly built like the Alsatian, she knew how to put a male in his place! She had not appreciated her current boyfriend’s decision to vote against Volant’s return to Terrace High, as the Alsatian had discovered to his dear expenses… “I am in Security,” he said. “It’s my duty to protect the community.”
“What did I say, mat?” she asked casually.
“That you won’t see me ever again if I contradicted you,” he whimpered.
---
Karahalios House, Lev. 49, Apt. 494

“Dear, you really look chipper this morning,” Ms. Karahalios said. She patted the table, though she knew her son had learnt by heart the furniture disposition. “Come, your tea and favorite biscuits are ready.”
The Australian Terrier walked quickly to his seat and climbed up. “Thank you Mom. And yes, I do feel a lot better today.” He wagged as if to emphasize that concept.
Khloe beamed. “I knew that you would be fine, once we got rid of that nasty dog once and for all! You’ll see, it can only go better from now on, and you won’t lose your real friends. Like those two nice Gottschalk dogs.”
Elpis knew how to read the captions in his Mom’s voice. And, frankly, it wasn’t that hard to figure the unspoken And you will not attend that silly Club, did I make myself clear?
The dog nodded. “I will choose better my friends. I am sorry for upsetting you, Mom, honest.”
Only her table manners prevented her from ruffling his head. “Elpis, really, you don’t have to apologize. Your father and I know you are born with a heart too big. There are way too many creatures ready to take advantage of you only to get to your money, but don’t worry: we’ll be always here to watch over you, love. Now finish your breakfast.”
Elpis proceeded to do so.
He had all the reason for being chipper, yessir!
His Mom just didn’t need to know them…
---
Gottschalk Household & Administration Offices, level 50

“Punctual. I like it,” the male German Shepherd/Husky mix said as the door opened.
Elpis walked in. “Is it safe?” he asked surreptitiously, looking around like a guerrilla, though more to the benefit of his audience. His ears and nose were in full input mode –he had never set foot in this place. In fact, no animal except for Gauss and Curie, the Foster pets and the Miltons had had such privilege.
The door hissed closed. Gauss rolled his eyes. “Safe as it gets, pup: security here is tighter than at the CIA and the KGB. Are you sure you want to go through this?”
Elpis nodded. “Positive. Thank you guys…but, well, not that I’m complaining…”
“You would like to know why we’re helping, after our voting, back at the Club?” Curie asked.
The trio led Elpis to their room. “It’s a question of image. We cannot officially support Volant’s attitude, but we understand what it is like, to be a…difficult dog.”
Curie nodded. “We had another owner, before Mr. Gottschalk. And we weren’t exactly a…role model, then.”
Elpis shook his head. “Hard to imagine. Everyone believes you come from the most rigid selection of the finest of your breeds, with an ancestry of MWDs and sledding dogs. You are supposed to be born with a code bar and a warranty.”
“Except for the code bar and the warranty,” Gauss said as the room’s door closed behind them, “you are right. Our previous owner was Uncle Sam. We belong to a breeding program called Mixed Lines All-purpose Working Dogs, or MILAWD.”
Curie sat at her desk. Soon Elpis heard her claws ticking on the keyboard. “Those like us are also called ‘the Snowflakes’, because you won’t find two of us identical to each other. So, yes, Gauss and I are supposed to be Military Working Dogs specialized in arctic environment. But we weren’t…psychologically fit.”
“A problem common with us Snowflakes,” Gauss said. “We are supposed to bond to our human partner since puppyhood, but I guess we never found the right one.”
Tictictictictic went the keyboard. “No bonding, no training, no useful. And since Uncle Sam spends a lot of money on each new litter, they sell us to a restricted selection of civilians with special needs in security.”
Elpis scratched his head. “Did Mr. Gottschalk live at the North Pole when he bought you?”
Tictictictic… “No. He chose us because we have the mind flexibility and loyalty proper of a GSD. Luckily, winters are decent here…Ah!”
Elpis detected the satisfaction in her voice. “You got in touch with Volant?!”
“No. I managed to bypass our security network and get in touch with Volant’s email at the Lucky Charm Grove.”
“What did you insert through all this time?”
“The password. Only the Security and Dad know it—“
Gauss cleared his throat.
“ Sorry. Mr. Gottschalk. And us, of course. Here.” She left the seat, leaving Elpis free to take her place. “The mail browser is on. Enter the address [email protected]
The Australian Terrier nodded and his fingers flew. “LCG stands for the shelter, but I take it Mr. Foster plans to expand his business, if that BG is a clue.”
Gauss nodded. “He, Mr. Gottschalk and the Miltons have great plans for the creation of whole communities that will incorporate shelters, citadels and self-providing agricultural cooperatives. All pet-friendly, pet-centered.” He kept his voice cool, but the pride in it couldn’t be denied. “They are still looking for a political figure to help them bend the laws so that the animals of said communities will have more and stronger rights in said communities, closer to real citizens than just ‘property’.”
Elpis thought they had all reason to be proud. There wasn’t a lack of initiatives for animal welfare in the world, but this was the first time three big shot businessmen joined forces in a project of this scope and extension. Old Henry Milton would’ve been proud, himself! “And why do you refer to your Dad with such formality? Military training?”
“Yup,” Curie said, wagging. “We did learn something under the Army, after all.”
“Guys, I think you should seriously need to relax. Don’t tell me you joined the Club just because your Dad ordered it, or to keep an eye on us.”
Silence answered him. Such an awkward silence that the small dog could hear the embarrassment coming from the Gottschalk dogs. “Oh, please!”
Gauss crossed his arms and scoffed, turning his head like the primadonna he was. “Well, in Volant’s case it turned out we were right, Mr. Goodheart!”
“He’s not a bad guy, I tell you. I’d keep an eye on those Mac and Piper, instead.” He finished composing the email, then sent the message, trusting the siblings not to keep a copy of it.
“Why all the care?” Curie asked. “I mean, what makes you so sure about him?”
Elpis turned the chair, looking at them as if he could see them. “In case you didn’t notice, I wasn’t the only one voting in favor of his return, back at the Club.”
Gauss and Curie exchanged a look. They all had voted mainly about giving Volant support. As for coming back, that wouldn’t be a fast process, and it depended exclusively on Volant’s attitude…and on their owner’s decision…
“Those who voted for Volant,” Gauss said, “voted with you. Believe me, there is much indecision about that vote, but you seem to be very…persuading. So, again, what makes you so sure about that Volant character?”
Elpis sighed. “He…he talked to me about him. I mean, he told me everything. But he made me swear I wouldn’t tell to anyone, not even Tegan. And I believe him, I can tell that, at least. It cost him a lot, he has a strong armor around him, but he gave me that much trust. He said he will tell the others if and when he’ll be ready, but for now I am the only repository of his past. And I shall not betray his trust. At the cost of leaving him at the shelter.
“But, believe me. There’s more to him than you can suppose.”
Last edited by valerio on Sat May 05, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Magnificent, Elpis loyalty is as big as his heart.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Man, nothing can keep Elpis from getting in touch with Volant.

Can't wait to find out what was in the E-mail.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmmm, I wonder why he puts up with those parents of his. I feel for him though. Overbearing or overprotective parents can be quite a nuisance.

You know, for such a good dog, Elpis sure knows how to get around the system...

I want to hear the rest of Volant's story, if there is still a mystery hanging around him.
My characters
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

great update!
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
valerio

Post by valerio »

Lucky Charm Grove for the Abandoned and the Ferals

“Good morning, class! To the benefit of our new student, I am professor Goren. I will take care of your Principles of General Education, or as I like to call it, Knowledge 101.” A perfectly normal and cheerful introduction, followed by a chuckle and smiles and mock eyes-rolling from the class of dogs, cats, and actual ferals –that is, unless you wanted to count foxes and raccoons as actual pets.
A perfectly normal introduction, Volant thought again, if you forgot that Prof. Goren was a beagle. Eyeglasses and a ruler, and the flawless tone of one used to rule his class.
But that wasn’t Volant’s major worry, right now. He was screaming inside, as he stood in front of the students like some exhibit. He hated being at the center of attention, he wanted a corner where to hide, why this torture?! Couldn’t they just tell him to sit down in the only free chair?!
And then, again, he saw Alvaro. The black husky was regarding him as if taunting him to break down and break the disciplinary rules. Volant didn’t care about the rules, but he would not give that so called ‘pet fighter’ the pretext to mock him! Not to mention that the Rhodesian Ridgeback didn’t want to be grounded, not when he had an appointment with that husky, in the gym, later in the afternoon…
The ruler tapped him on the shoulder. “Will our new student introduce himself, now?”
Volant’s eyes met the Beagle’s, as the bigger dog tried to read any implicit threat or hostility behind that smile, but saw nothing of that –and he had learnt the hard way to read body language…
This Goren guy must be an incredibly trusting dog, or a stupid one, Volant decided, before saying, “My name is Volant, formerly Male.”
Goren cleared his throat. Volant rolled his eyes. “Legally, I have still an owner, happy? But since I was thrown here for disciplinary problems and since I do not want to be reunited with him, I believe it’s silly that I have a stupid family name. Can I sit down now?”
Goren didn’t look any fazed by that introduction nor by the snappy tone used. He just pointed at the empty seat with the ruler. “Please do.” Then, once the new student had taken his place, the Beagle tapped his own desk. “Now, we’ll try to understand something about the essentially empty space that is matter, no matter how hard…”
Every desk was made for two animals, with each seat and desk side made do be adjusted to the student’s size. Luckily, Elias Thompson didn’t need to adjust his own place near to Volant. “You’re really a people dog,” the boxer/Labrador mix whispered while keeping his eyes glued to the professor.
“Thank you.”
“Sarcasm. You managed to offend the whole class. Except for the ferals, that is. You won’t gain many supporters, today in the ring.”
“Don’t need any. Shut up.”

Perching on a branch near the school building’s window, a raven sadly shook his head. Then he opened his wings and took off. Until the end of the lessons, he wouldn’t be allowed into the building and he surely didn’t want to apply for a studentship.

He landed on the roof of the clinic. He was pretty sure that by the end of the day, Volant would pass the glass doors as a patient. “I don’t really mind keeping an eye on him, man, but you could’ve asked me something easier. Like Peanut. At least, that pup was funny, nice to get along with. Volant is like a rock tempered by ice.”
No one else, save for a selected few, could’ve seen the ghostly bird figure standing near the raven. <I know the feeling, brother of the skies. But believe me, Volant is worth all the effort. It’s not his fault for being betrayed twice from those he loved with all his heart.>
“Yeah, but being a jerk now is his fault, Lugh…*sigh* But I guess you know better than me. Any spoiler about his previous lives?”
<Earn his trust, and he’ll tell you.>
Never ruffled up his feathers and looked away, indignant. “Tss! He should already trust me! I mean, do I look like a politician? Peanut trusted me right away, he was ready to become my meal!”
<Are you really using a fever-delirious dog as an example? Now I understand Grape’s distrust toward you.>
The – living – raven scoffed. “That was low, even for a ghost.”
<Spoke the dog-eater.>
Never rolled his eyes, while he chanted, “Okay, okay, keep throwing a moment of gluttony in my face! Sheesh, and that other one doesn’t count, he was already dead! I was doing my ecological duties!”
<Never doubted that. Now pay attention-->
“To what, now—ACK!” he was cut in mid-sentence by a sort of missile. A sharp pain raked through his body, as talons and a beak dug into his flesh!
<That.>

Never felt as if a vise was holding him, pinning his wings against his body. Only his reflexes saved him as the cruel beak tried to rip his eyes off their sockets.
“Your resistance is futile, raven,” said the red-tailed hawk –even worse, a big female! The biggest and meanest of the species. The bird of prey pulled her prey toward the open sky. “I wanted to make you a favor, by eating your eyes: you wouldn’t have seen the ground coming toward you.” Her talons dug deeper.
“Mind if I pass, madame?” he groaned. He was in pain, but the wounds didn’t feel much serious. She was only playing with him, a very unusual attitude for a predator of that species.
“My name is Bora. Remember it when you die.” Up she went. The pressure increased. A few drops of blood dripped from the raven’s flesh. She didn’t want to break his wings, he realized. She wanted to rip his lungs, so that he would be windless and unable to fly.
Bora stopped her ascension: this was the perfect position, now she could finish this meddling bird! And once Volant found the corpse of his new friend, right on his doorstep, his sanity would dissolve like a snowball in hell!
This is for you, Piper!
The talons dug! Dug so strongly as to pierce muscle and bone like paper.
And Bora screamed! As a predator, herself, she had never experienced something like that! It was as if the rules of the world had been overturned in that moment of searing pain during which she was the prey!
Her own talons opened and Nevermore was free.
The hawk was left alone to deal with the monstrous Harpy Eagle (harpia harpyja), four times heavier than her, and definitely the biggest fish in the pond!
Bora knew every single moment of pain she had just inflicted, as this blue-and-white feathered crested female told her with the voice of death itself, “My name is Tisiphone, feral. Consider this a warning: next time, you won’t even know I attacked!” And then she just didn’t let Bora go, she tossed her like a useless piece of meat.
Bora was too shocked, too scared to think about anything else than fleeing for dear life. If she harbored vengeance, that was the very last of her worries at that moment…
Once the hawk had disappeared, Tisiphone approached Nevermore and both flew to the ground. “You all right?” She asked.
“Yup, I guess. Luckily, Grape got me used to rough games.”
The eagle chuckled. “Ex-girlfriend of yours?”
“Nah, too uppity for my tastes. Thanks, gal, that was close.”
“Don’t mention it, cutie.” The eagle flew to a red-haired woman who wore an LCG security outfit and a padded cover running from her right shoulder to wrist. Never landed on the other shoulder. “Before you say it, Betty, yes, I am going to hit the clinic, but you two will not mention this accident to Volant, okay? He doesn’t need any more stress. I mean it!”
The woman and the bird scanned the sky. “As you wish,” Bethany ‘Betty’ Hardy said. “But we’ll keep an eye on you, just in case.”
“Now, that would be appreciated.” He gladly dozed off, now that the adrenaline had worn off. Before his mind closed for good, he wondered one last time why he had been attacked. This was definitely worth investigating…
---
The bell rang.
Professor Goren looked at the watch on the wall, just as his class did the same with impatient eyes. “Well, I’d say that you earned your lunch. When you’re back, we’ll browse through some Sci-Fi literature about nuclear energy and compare it to what we learnt today.”
“YAY!” said most of the students, then they stood up…and rushed towards the door like a herd of buffaloes.
Goren sighed happily, as he cleaned his glasses. “I guess some things never change… Oh, Volant. May I help you?”
The Rhodesian Ridgeback was still sitting at his desk. He was looking at the chalkboard with a puzzled glance. “Why?”
The beagle walked to him. “’Why’ what?”
Volant kept looking at the writing and the figures drawn in white. “Why all of this? The school, I mean. I don’t remember humans adopting pets to tutor their babies, and there are no ‘show and tell’ competitions at the dog shows.”
Goren sat down next to Volant. He put off his eyeglasses and put them into his collar. “Mr. Foster believes that putting our brains to use won’t hurt us. And for all you know, you may find a use for these lessons. Anyway, if you’re bored about the theoretic, you should not be so with the ‘tooling’ classes.”
“Hm?”
“Carpentry, electrician, plumber, car mechanic… There is a huge list of applications for handiworks. The classes cover the second half of the day, until dinnertime. Many humans appreciate that their pets can be useful for small jobs.”
“Do you mean, other than dusting, cleaning the dishes and play fetch?” while talking, Volant kept throwing glances at the window. He thought that by now Never was waiting for him at the cafeteria…
“Something wrong, Volant?”
“Uh? What? Oh, no, no. Just thinking about…someone.”
Goren squeezed his shoulder. “Give it a chance, Volant. And, sorry to break it to you, but you’re not the first student to think that school is a boooore.” He rolled his eyes mockingly as he almost howled the word. Then he stood up. “Oh, and by the way, be ready to get some ice in the next days.”
Volant stood up. He somehow liked this laid back dog, but he still hated to be condescended. His modicum of respect showed in his detached attitude, rather than a snapping tone. And anyway, he was hungry and just wanted to fill his own stomach into sleepiness, so that he could stand the next classes –heh, after all, what could they do if he snored through the lesson? Expel him?
“You weren’t exactly nice, before, you know. Except for Alvaro, each one of them is working hard to be in a family again, and you spat on their hopes.”
I’m not listening lalalalala! “And should I care because..?”
“Because even the ferals, here, are trying to build a new life for themselves. But again, these are things a teacher cannot teach. You’ll learn the old way, by experience.”
Volant walked toward the door. “Whatever. I’m gonna grab some munchies now, see you.
Goren watched the door closing behind his student. Despite what he had just heard, he muttered to himself, “Can’t fool me, pup.”
For Goren had seen how the big dog had just listened to the lesson with an almost rapt expression, eyes and ears glued to each word, almost without breathing. He might have avoided drawing attention to himself, but the beagle bet that if had interrogated that big boy, Volant would’ve scored a solid ‘A’…
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I love your OCs.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Nice debut of Goren and Tisiphone. Made better by the latter when her name was mentioned earlier in Episode 2:14 and we didn't know who you're referring to...that or it's just a coincidence.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ahahah, no! That was a reference to the wrath of the furies. :lol:
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Silly Volant, his warm inner enthusiasm betrays his cold uncaring exterior. Looks like the little doggie actually enjoys school...HERETIC!
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Seems Never is one lucky bird. Seems like he can't get into trouble.

Hmmm, Volant is a smart doggy who is just too stubborn for his own good. Reminds me of another dog whose name starts with a "B".

That Beagle reminds me of the dog teacher in Karlos' fic..... any reason why? :|
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Bravo, Copper: that was a homage to the doggy prof working in Karlos' ficcie :P
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well I noticed it too, but Cu beat me to saying it.
Of course I first noticed that Volant was acting like Matt, but still.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Doubtful, since Matt is already in this fic. he is being retrained by a former police dog...
My characters
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

copper wrote:Doubtful, since Matt is already in this fic. he is being retrained by a former police dog...
Matt from Karlos's fic?
Also:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, He showed up here, too, only in this universe Bino is still Jeff's and Matt got a dog from the shelter.

You're writing a fic based in this universe, pay attention to the details. :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ladies and gentlemen,
having this ficcie reached the 50,000 views landmark, I'll have the honor to celebrate them with you through this much appreciated artistic contribution by Stu, who rightly earned endless gratitude.
Enjoy, and thank you all for (still) being faithful readers! :D :D :D :D
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Awww, ain't that sweet? 8-)

It was more than worth it to read your fic, Valerio.
My characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Awesome work, _Stu_
and congrats Val. Stick with it, you'll get another 0 in no time.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:yeah, He showed up here, too, only in this universe Bino is still Jeff's and Matt got a dog from the shelter.

XP Well...forgive me for not remembering thousands of pages worth of material. lolz.
Also:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

lightwolf21 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:yeah, He showed up here, too, only in this universe Bino is still Jeff's and Matt got a dog from the shelter.

XP Well...forgive me for not remembering thousands of pages worth of material. lolz.
only 36 page... oh, you didn't mean pages of the thread. :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:only 36 page... oh, you didn't mean pages of the thread. :P
*shakes head* I've been considering making an excel sheet to see how many unique characters there are with brief descriptions and which chapter they first appeared in but I just don't have time to read it all again right now.
Also:
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Congratulations Valerio! And thanks to you and your marvelous fic :D

If anyone wants (and i know no one actually asked and/or will ask) this is the full res image. Imageshack automatic resize is nasty, second only to the bugged sandwich combos in Tekken Tag Tournament 2

My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Who's the guy under Tegan?
valerio

Post by valerio »

That's Samson 'Sam' Watkins, best of friends.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Samson actually look handsome for a Saint Bernard. On the other hand, Tegan's face fur is so poofed up that it look like she has a beard.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I tried to follow this example... actually it seems she has a beard :?
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Tegan and the other cat are both cute
It looks cool for me :D
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Totally awesome 50,000 view drawing.

Before we know it, it's going to be 100,000 views.
Then 200,000
And 500,000
Then... (keeps going on and on)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Fulcrum, Terrace High

Piper was a happy parrot, as he stood on his perch inside the elevator. He could’ve flown up to his destination, but this time he wanted to treat himself –not to mention that Ms. Rozen, that nice veterinarian, had recommended he strained himself as less as possible.
For once, Piper didn’t mind such advice. After all, he had his own henchbird to do the dirty job…and take the blame in case things didn’t go the right way…
Shame on you, Piper! He thought while humming 'Are you happy now?'. He had to admit it, though Bora made him uneasy and had this unwholesome attitude for bad taste predator jokes, she harbored some feeling for him…and she didn’t look bad –for a bird of prey, that is. Not to mention the two of them were on the same wavelength. Macajuel was OK, but Bora was one he could relate to.
The elevator doors opened on the building’s last floor, the Stellarium. The finest panoramic post, day and night…and a discreet corner for a meeting to plan the defeat of one’s enemies.
“Bora,” Piper called out, after making sure no prying ears were around. “Bora, my dear killer lady, your beau is here and ready to listen to some most comforting news!” She had told him about that raven, and the positive influence that meddling bird was having on Volant. And, now, such insult couldn’t be allowed, nossir! Volant Male wasn’t supposed to recover, to become a good doggie and come back to Terrace High. He was supposed to rot in that shelter, never to come back or find a new family.
You didn’t betray your pals, try to kill them, and get away with a medal! “Bora?” Piper called again, to no avail. Perhaps she was still back at the Lucky Charm Grove (ew, could a place get a sappier name?!) and collect details of the consequences of their plan. Yes, he could forgive her if she added some meat to the tale. Hm, perhaps he could take advantage of this delay and go take a recorder. He’d replay her tale as a bedtime story. I so love having these nifty ideas!
Piper was about to turn and fly back to the elevator…when a red-feathered missile hit him! Piper was almost crushed to the pavement, pinned down by a Very Angry red-tailed hawk! “Bora! What the beak?! What’s got into you? Bora, luv, it’s me!”
“Don’t I know that, you idiot?!” she almost growled, prickling his flesh with her talons, making it clear that one wrong move meant a lot of pain, if not worse. “If you just wanted to get rid of me, you could’ve said so, traitorous parrot!”
The military macaw didn’t have a clue of what she was talking about. All he understood was that the plan had somehow backfired, badly. “Bora, what…what happened?”
Her beak came a hair’s breadth from his left eye. Her voice became a threatening whisper. “You said that the shelter’s security is made of humans and dogs, right?”
He nodded. He somehow managed to stay calm –not that panic would help him right now. “…Right?” Then it occurred to him: they had shot her! He hadn’t thought that the Foster guy could have ordered everynecessary measure to protect his guests, even lethal force against other animals—
“Wrong!”
Wut?
“Their security has an eagle!”
“An eagle?” Now, that was a novelty, since last time Piper had checked.
Bora decided her ‘friend’ wasn’t lying. She was fairly sure the parrot hadn’t a death wish. “A harpy eagle. Blue and white female by the name of Tisiphone. I was lucky I got out of it alive.” She showed him the bloody punctures adorning her body, where the eagle’s talon had dug… “Hey, what’s wrong now? You look like you just saw a ghost.”
‘Terrified’ was an apt description for Piper’s expression. His pupils had almost disappeared in the white of his eyes. “Tisiphone, you said..?” His voice was a barely audible whisper, as if he was fearing he could be heard even from here.
Bora was puzzled, now. “Yes. Do you know her?”
Like the brains know the brawn. “Let’s just say that I hope it’s a coincidence.” Piper regained his composure. “Foster has upgraded his security since that wolf escaped from under his nose. Bora, don’t get near that place until I say you so.”
The hawk scoffed. “Don’t need you to know that. This time you live, but next time you send me into a trap like that…” she didn’t need to finish. She spread her wings and flew away.
Piper watched her go, not knowing if feeling relieved for being alive…or scared for his own fate.
“Tisisphone…” It had to be a coincidence. It had been six years since last time he had seen her. And if she learnt that he was here, alive, Piper’s life would take a very bad turn…
How ironic! Volant’s past had finally haunted him out of Terrace High, and now Piper could face the same destiny!
“Nah, you’re just overreacting, you idiot. It’s just a coincidence. Who would not give such a name to such a monster bird? I only need someone to investigate this for me. Someone I can trust—”
And all of a sudden, Piper knew who could be the right one! His worried expression gave way to the familiar, sly one. “Oh, Piper old boy, sometimes you’re too smart for anyone’s good!”
---
The Daily Fact offices

Frits Cardore was happy.
He didn’t really get along with other pets, preferring the company of his Mom. But she also loved her job, and it had happened more than once that Frits would actually think she’d leave him for some stupid prize-worth story. As a consequence, his tendency to isolate himself socially had accentuated.
But those days were over: Mom’s boss had decided the e-newspaper must have Frits as its own pet mascot, just like every other shop must have at least one, as per the condominium’s guidelines…
Frits had earned his position: unlike the rest of the staff’s pets, the Retriever mix was truly fascinated by the reporter’s job. A requisite ‘Beef’ wanted of his mascot was that he or she must work, not just sit idle and play games. And though the dog, probably, wasn’t destined to earn a Pulitzer, he would gladly cover everything possible regarding the local animal life. His point of view was much appreciated, it made for an original read.
Frits was still socially awkward, but in journalism he had found a new enthusiasm. He loved to go chase news just as he loved to chase his Frisbee! And since he wasn’t an aggressive reporter, each interview was more like a chat between two old friends.
Even when he had really never met his interviewee before.
“So, you came up with this decision after the latest events involving Peanut and Tegan?”
Frits hadn’t lived in the times when a telephone was the best option for an interview from one’s office. But he had to admit it, he hadn’t imagined that the experience of a videochat could be so…radically transformed by a ShoWall. The dog was sitting in his own office, while a whole graphene-covered wall was showing the portion of room where a human named Joel Zechariah Robinson would sit.
“Yes,” Joel said, nodding. “Babylon Gardens got its own security forces, but they cannot be present on the whole territory 24/7. And even if, thanks to Bino and his club—“
“*growl*” came from a corner off-screen.
The man turned his head toward the sound. “Heel, King! Sorry, as I was saying, the local dog club has organized neighborhood watch day shifts, while the cats cover the night shifts. It is quite efficient, since there are pets everywhere in the gardens.”
Frits frowned. “Do I detect a ‘but’?”
“Yes. A good organization, like the recent events proved, can sneak in, kidnap a pet and be gone before we can say ‘heck!’. This led me to the idea of extending the neighborhood watch…to the ferals.”
Frits was left speechless, for a moment. “Ferals?”
“Yes. The small ones and the flying ones: mice, rats, squirrels, and especially birds. Should this work, we’ll have a very capillary and efficient surveillance net.”
Frits was genuinely intrigued. “Annd..I take it that these ferals will come from your brother’s shelter?”
“Correct. They must be trained and used to carry technologies to warn the authorities. And of course they will want to be rewarded for their job… So, yes, I can’t imagine better man than Martin to provide for their needs in exchange of their services. And it will help the integration between ferals and humans. Just like old times.”
“…I’m sorry?”
Joel allowed himself a complacent smile. “I did some research before coming up with this interview. Looks like the use of ferals as scouts was quite common in Europe until the end of the Roman Empire, when Christianity decreed that ferals were agents of Satan and never to be trusted. Islam followed not much later. As of today, only in a few countries in the third world do ferals work with humans.”
Frits made a mental note to do some research himself. Perhaps he could write a series of articles rather than a single one. “But why not raise those animals, at this point?”
Joel nodded. “money. Animals are not stupid, if they accept the bargain, they will also provide for themselves rather than being locked in cages at the end of the shift or lose their independence. And they may teach their young ones to be of help in turn, thus eliminating the need for breeding farms. After all, we do not need a single stock to do the job, just a net of volunteers. We will save on the costs.”
“And do the authorities approve of this project?”
Joel chuckled. “Again, when they’ll see the costs projections they will think better than say ‘no’.”
Frits tapped his claw against the chair’s armrest. “And what about the ferals? Are you so sure they will agree to this?”
“Gli faremo una proposta che non potranno rifiutare,” Joel said in a perfect imitation of Marlon Brando. “Any other question?”
“Not for now.” Frits had a lot of them, but the secret of a good interview was not to wear out the interviewee. “I hope we can get in touch again, Sir. Thank you for your availability.”
“My pleasure. Hope to have good news for you the next time we meet. Goodbye.” A moment later, the image disappeared and the dog found himself staring at a wall decorated with virtual paintings.
And someone rang at the door, startling him out of the article he was already writing in his mind. “Come in,” he said.
The door opened, and in flew the Military Macaw, who landed on the desk a moment later. “Hi there, Newshound! I saw that the red light was off and decided to pay a visit.”
Frits nodded absentmindedly, as he started typing the first draft of the article. He got bad vibes from that parrot, but he wasn’t as ill-mannered as to say him so. “I’m sorry, Piper, but I am really busy. What can I do for you?”
Piper shrugged. “Oh, nothing sensational. I wanted to ask you about that article you wrote, regarding the Lucky Charm Grove’s security.”
Frits blinked. “Uh? I never wrote such an article.”
Piper’s surprise would’ve fooled even a paranoid dog like Bino. “Really?! And here I thought you wanted to reassure the local fauna about Volant. I mean, that place has had its share of troubles, what with between terrorist bombs and one of their guests’ escape… I think you would do a great job of reassuring us all with a detailed article. Those of sound mind who voted against Volant’s return would feel…well, better. No?”
Frits thought about that, his eyes focusing on the new idea. “Hmm, could work.” And even though he didn’t really like Piper, the thought of Volant escaping from the shelter like Kurt Russel and with a vengeance agenda, made him feel…uneasy. “I will let you know, okay?”
Piper nodded. “My dear, take your time, and do a good job.”