Babylon High! - The Housepets! Dating! Game!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SuperStar

Babylon High! - The Housepets! Dating! Game!

Post by SuperStar »

Title is tentative. This is a little joke project I've entertained for a bit, and I ended up letting a lot of it slip on the HP!Fanimated Discord so I'm nailing everything down. This isn't a development page, it's completely concept.

=PREMISE=
Babylon High is one of the first schools built specifically to give pets a higher education. Located just around River Ridge, it was funded by the Milton Foundation. It boasts a near completely pet run staff and special curriculum designed specifically for animals.
The newest transfers are Peanut and Grape Sandwich. The player has the choice to follow Peanut and Grape, and influence their social life, hopefully to result in a romantic relationship with one of the many available pets in the school.
=CHARACTERS=
--Main--
-Peanut Butter Sandwich
A happy go-lucky dog with a wide imagination and love for art. He's optimistic about Babylon High, and hopes to make many friends. However he finds that not everyone at Babylon High is as friendly. Though he may not appear so, he is a pretty clever pup and does well in school.
-Grape Jelly Sandwich
A lazy creative cat who didn't want to come to Babylon High. She catches up on sleep during most classes and this severely effects her grades, though she doesn't care much. When not napping she'll be rereading her favorite Young Adult novels and threatening anyone who mocks her.

--Boys--
-Maxwell
With a ripped ear, a beanie, and a jersey, he thinks he looks pretty slick. He can't decide whether he wants to be a punk or a ladies' man, and ends up a weird combination. He's willing to partake in anything that he thinks will make him seem more of a rebel, though he also appears to lack confidence.
-Bino
Pretentious and smug, Bino attempts to be the social life leader of the school. Considered the class clown by many, and is feared for his catnip bomb pranks. He is very prejudiced against cats, and will take any available minute to make it clear. He has a complicated relationship with his brothers.
-Marvin
Always busy keeping an eye on Tiger(his brother) and cleaning up his messes, Marvin doesn't have much time left for a social life. His only real friend is Maxwell, but even then they barely hang out. He enjoys mathematics, and attempts to calculate the chances of Tiger's antics.
-Joey
One of the biggest nerds in the school, Joey is commonly the target of his own brother, Bino's, pranks. After many public embarrassments Joey has retreated into the nerd clique, and is rarely seen on
-Res
Possibly more socially awkward than Joey, Res is a shy kitty who spends most of his time on his laptop. He's the last in class and first to leave, eats lunch on his own, and does just about anything to stay out of the eye of the other students.
-Fox
A straight-A student and a good athlete, Fox is one of the most popular dogs in school. Friends with both Bino and Fido, he has no enemies. Despite his popularity, he feels pressured balancing between academics and athletics.
-Ptah
A foreign student who claims to come from a royal bloodline. He upholds that cats are superior to dogs, and has influenced his own following among the cat students. He's known to be a bit of player when it comes to girls.
-Tiger
Growing up ridiculed by dogs for his feline name, Tiger is prone to violent outbursts which could be much worse if it weren't for Marvin's interference. He is prone to eat away his paranoia and regrets. He keeps a stress toy which he calls Poom.
-Jasper
A cat of few words. Jasper is part of the drama club, specializing in both Shakespearean and slap-stick comedy. He speaks almost entirely in old movie quotes, and can be quite a charmer if he wasn't prone to injury.
-North Star
A legit wolf, North Star was specifically chosen for Babylon High by the Milton Foundation. He can be very loud and always speaks his mind. His wolf customs can be disconcerting.

--Girls--
-Tarot
A bit of an odd dog, she keeps to herself mostly and when she does talk to someone it's in the form of some sort of premonition, or some warning of conduct. Rumors say she conducts witchcraft rituals on the school grounds after dark.
-Allegra
A kindhearted cat who just wants to help everyone. Due to her personality she's turned into a doormat to many students, but regardless she holds true to herself and always puts others first.
-Duchess
Even higher on the popularity scale than Sasha, Duchess is the literal alpha dog of the school. Sometimes at odds with Bino about who controls the dogs of the school, she relies on her feminine charm and a lot of black mail to hold her place.
-Miss Bigglesworth
Growing up in a sea of identical faces, Miss just wants to stand out. Through her own work and determination she got into Babylon High to get away from her siblings and find herself.
-Natalie
Being a wolf she is considered by many to be frightening. She's a bit of an emo and hopelessly lovesick, pining after a strong dog to come and sweep her off her feet.
-Fiddler
A musically talented cat. She plays the fiddle and many other instruments, her skills is renowned around the school. Supposedly she is currently dating Keys, another cat of considerable musical talent.
-Daisy
Hi, I'm Daisy!
-Sasha
One of the most popular dogs in school. Sasha isn't the brightest girl, and doesn't take dating too seriously, leading to unintentionally dating multiple boys at once.
-Hayley
A cat from down in the country. She's the teasing sort, and with a southern twang, beautiful sandy fur, and an active athlete, she's the target of many cat's affections.
-FINAL CAT PENDING

--Other Students--
-Fido
The most popular guy in school, most girls want to date him and most guys want to be him. He's a star sport player of the school, and always ready to help a fellow student in need. But he can be a little awkward sometimes, as if he's hiding something.
-Kevin
Fido and Fox's fellow jock friend. He's your generic jock, not book smart and heavy with the muscles. He enjoys tackling people, whether it be of friendliness or intimidation.
-Rex
Rex is a very emotional person, but due to his stature he's been employed by Bino as his bodyguard. He doesn't like roughing people up.
-Gris, Devo, and Sten
Some of the more prevalent members of Bino's posse.
-Sabrina
A flirty cat who's Tarot's sister. Rumors of witchcraft spread to her as well.
-Lester & Dallas
Joey's nerd friends, they share most of the same interests as Joey. Lester can be a pretty big jerk, but Dallas is more soft spoken and understanding.
-

--Staff--
-Principle Bahamut
The draconic head of the school. Can seem aloof, but is of strong moral and always does as he sees just.
-Ms. Dragon, Homeroom Teacher
She tries to keep strong persona, but she often breaks down to complain about her failure of a love life.
-Mr. Kitsune, History Teacher
A very cheeky fox, Kitsune tends to be most students favorite teacher.
-Mr. King Milton
The student counselor. Due to his small size he's often mistaken for a student, or even a lost puppy. Despite being a counselor sometimes it seems he's the one in need of counseling.
-Ms. Bailey Lindberg
N/a
-Mr. Terrance, Science Teacher
With a strong British accent and a stern face, students fear falling asleep in his class.
-Mr. Ralph, PE Teacher
A former police dog armed with a whistle and clipboard. Always expects students to do their best.
-Ms. Cerberus, Security Chief
A large intimidating dog. No student can slip around her, it's like she has eyes on the sides of her head.
-Pete, Janitor
A grumpy griffin who tries to make deals with students. He often complains about how unfair life is and how good the students have it.
----
This post will be prone to updates probably.
Bandit1990

Re: Babylon High! - The Housepets! Dating! Game!

Post by Bandit1990 »

That's pretty good.

Dating Sim games aren't really my thing, like at all, but if this were out I'd probably give it a run.

So, reading through your character write-ups, it looks like it's mostly pre Jungle Fever, which is an interesting place to pull from.

Also, props for including Griswold, Devo, and Sten. The Quaternary characters need some love too now and then. :P

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Grape and Sten forever! :mrgreen:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wow, SuperStar, that was one wowser of a lot work, yer honor !

Okay, I'm not clear on how to play besides making pairings. So, how about Marvin and Hayley?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

NHWestoN wrote:Wow, SuperStar, that was one wowser of a lot work, yer honor !

Okay, I'm not clear on how to play besides making pairings. So, how about Marvin and Hayley?
The idea is you follow either Grape or Peanut, and you pair them up with one of the available boys or girls by interacting with them and stuff.

This is a concept thread, as in it's just giving the information and ideas of the game, no actual game development will be here anytime soon.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

You know, I think Mr. Milton and Ms. Lindbergh should get together. ;)

Maybe Ms. Lindbergh would try to help the little “lost” dog, and Mr. Milton wouldn’t take offense to it.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

....and I'd still pair Fox and Daisy but BGarden alignments may not apply in this corner of the cosmos.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

One question: ...can we date Zach too? :?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I recall it once mentioned on the Discord that Zach and Jess might be romanceable, but nothing "official" at this time.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Been working on this for the past few days. I found out that I don't like editing in clothes, but an interesting challenge, though you can tell where I got lazy.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.