Sentinels of the Multiverse (New Series featuring Housepets)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Stormrun

Sentinels of the Multiverse (New Series featuring Housepets)

Post by Stormrun »

Hey, all!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but there's Housepets Characters in it, so I figured some people might be a little interested. My friends and I have been making a campy, Guardians of the Galaxy-esque youtube series for a while now about a Multiversal Police Force, and due to the nature of the multiverse (and not at all because I'm just a huge fan of the webcomic :roll: ) the next part of the story partially takes place in Babylon Gardens! The trailer is up now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qX7ZPSXXQk

I know this isn't for everyone (and it's probably way too fan fictiony and confusing TBH), but maybe some of you might enjoy it?
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Bandit1990

Re: Sentinels of the Multiverse (New Series featuring Housep

Post by Bandit1990 »

Looks interesting,

I like crossover fics.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

bobbing cutouts? really? i get that not everybody can animate by hand, but you couldn't at least spring for a furry SFM model and re-texture it or something?

the only time i've seen bobbing cutouts work is in monty python skits, and those are visually awful on purpose because it's so over the top it makes it funny.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Eh, it's a little hokey.

Doesn't really bother me as long as the story's good.

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Buster wrote:bobbing cutouts? really? i get that not everybody can animate by hand, but you couldn't at least spring for a furry SFM model and re-texture it or something?

the only time i've seen bobbing cutouts work is in monty python skits, and those are visually awful on purpose because it's so over the top it makes it funny.
Yeah, it's definitely not very professional looking! In the start, I did want to try and re-texture some Gmod models I found, but it ended up looking kinda odd. While the bobbing cutouts thing is sloppy looking for sure, I feel it at least looks like Housepets, and I felt like staying closer to the art style was more important than actually making animation look good.

And I also can't animate/draw to save my life, so there's that.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Buster wrote:bobbing cutouts? really? i get that not everybody can animate by hand, but you couldn't at least spring for a furry SFM model and re-texture it or something?

It's better than anything I can make, so I think it's pretty good.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, Stormrun, you gotta start somewhere, and I'm in the "better than anything I can do" club, too. Anything for a good story....

Regards.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Thanks for the support!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

What's the ETA on Ep 2? Is there a schedule, or is it ready when it's ready?

Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

I actually just filmed a bunch of Episode 2 today! I hope to have it out by the end of November, with the pace right now being an unfortunately slow one episode per month. After December, though, I should be able to release them a lot faster.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Episode 2 is up! While there's a lot less housepets this time around, a certain celestial space gryphon does play an important role...
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I saw it.

Is Golden Sun going to be a recurring organization, or was that just a thing to set up Delta Squad?

Also, In the canon you established, the HP universe came into being, then was destroyed, then came back and left a fragment (if I followed that correctly), So what was Pete in prison for before?

Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Bandit1990 wrote:I saw it.

Is Golden Sun going to be a recurring organization, or was that just a thing to set up Delta Squad?

Also, In the canon you established, the HP universe came into being, then was destroyed, then came back and left a fragment (if I followed that correctly), So what was Pete in prison for before?
For now, the Golden Suns is just one of the basic factions in the multiverse, though they may show up a few more times! They're basically the space mafia, so they're not exactly a world ending threat.

There was a lot of unnecessarily confusing lore I put in way back when I started this, but what ended up happening was this:

An evil space demon named Erebus (The guy from the first episode in the shadowy red place) tried to destroy the multiverse by smashing a bunch of timelines together in an event called "the convergence", and though he was stopped, most of the celestials were destroyed in the battle. Pete, who had known about Erebus ahead of time, tried to escape before the battle began, and though he did eventually come back to help save the day at the last minute, the surviving celestials imprisoned him for not warning them sooner. The Security Force, however, was always a bit more relaxed and sympathetic with him, so when he broke out of prison a while ago, they let him hide in their ranks in secret, hence why he's hanging out with Delta Squad, and not allowed to go to Forge Station (The new home of the Celestials.)

What I also really didn't make clear (Mostly because I didn't originally intend for this to be seen by a larger audience, and because it's a sequel to a really old, really bad movie I made a few years ago) was that there are currently two housepets timelines: one that survived the convergence, and now orbits the Nexus (seen when they return home) that Pete originated from, but the more traditional, other Housepets timeline where the other people are currently stuck. The "Nexus Housepets" are a more aged up, technologically advanced future version of their traditional world, with their version of Earth having earned the nickname of "Babylon."

Thanks for sticking around and watching, by the way! I never expected actual people to enjoy what's essentially self-insert fan fiction I made for my friends and I, but I'm glad you're interested!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Thanks,

That's a lot more clear.

I like fan-fiction, this is a good story and it looks like it's going somewhere.

Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Bandit1990 wrote:Thanks,

That's a lot more clear.

I like fan-fiction, this is a good story and it looks like it's going somewhere.
Thank you! That means a lot!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cleared it up for me, too ... and I confuse easily so getting me unbefuddled is no small achievement.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

NHWestoN wrote:Cleared it up for me, too ... and I confuse easily so getting me unbefuddled is no small achievement.
Yeah, the lore is definitely overly-complex. A lot it started out as inside jokes that weren't meant to be taken seriously ("Hahah, what if the guy who makes Housepets was the bad guy?") but it soon got too out of control and suddenly it's an essential part of the story.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Hello once again everybody!

If anyone is interested, I'm currently in need of a voice actor for everyone's favorite U&U loving Kitsune who'd be willing to do a fair amount of expositional lines! I've recorded most of the lines myself already, but not only do I already voice too many characters in this dang series, but I'd also like to open it up to anybody who wants to participate! If you're interested in giving it a shot, let me know, and I can send you the script! The mic doesn't need to be crazy HD or anything, but it needs to be somewhat clear, especially given the amount of lines he has.

PS: I also have need of one or two cameo lines for a certain human turned corgi, so let me know if you'd be interested in that, too!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I'd be willing to help out, although I have me experience with voicework/acting so I can't make any promises on quality.

Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Bandit1990 wrote:I'd be willing to help out, although I have me experience with voicework/acting so I can't make any promises on quality.
It's mostly just reading lines, and since nobody involved is a professional of any sort, making sure the mic is of some quality is really the only part that matters! Would you be interested in the somewhat daunting larger role, or the fun cameo one?
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Well, King's my favorite character (if you couldn't tell :P ), but I'm game for whichever you need more.

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

wait. is there a prequel?

The story, though it sums it up, feels like it needs a prequel
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If there isn't, I'm sure that he could start to work on one if the demand is there.
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Hawkfang42 wrote:wait. is there a prequel?

The story, though it sums it up, feels like it needs a prequel
Yeah, there is a prequel! Unfortunately, Housepets Content in the prequel stuff is fairly lax (save for an exceedingly bad comic from 2014 that just DOES NOT hold up) I didn't post it here because I didn't think it made sense to post a 3-4 hour movie with maybe 10 minutes of Housepets content. It is on the channel, though, if anyone's interested, and I have a link to where the awful comics are stored (though I'd advise against reading them, as they're mostly summed up in the intro to SotM)
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh come on now! I'm sure they aren't that bad! 8-)
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh come on now! I'm sure they aren't that bad! 8-)
They're bad enough that I originally planned to remake them in a movie rather than a comic, in an attempt to fix a lot of it's flaws. The problem was, however, that one of the main characters at the time was a friend of mine who I ended up having a falling out with, so I I'd have to recast his character for a movie remake, and it ended up just being more effort than that story deserved.

Plus, the uh, """"art"""" looked like this:

So uh..... make of that what you will.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ah, well ... T'was fun.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I like the show but it would be nice if you could make a version that severely cut down on the swearing.
Rp characters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will admit that I kind of like the swearing in that version but then again I'm kind of vulgar. :lol:
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Yeah, I know the language isn't exactly everyone's thing. For me, my guideline was that I would never have the Housepets characters curse; it felt very out of character and against the spirit of the comic. For the MVSF stuff, I figured that space cops would not necessarily be as clean and tidy. I do apologize if it ruins some of the fun, however.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well there was one instance of King saying "crap" before it got changed to "carp".
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay, two things: One, which of your five billion videos is the prequel; and two, can I voice act a character?
Rp characters
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

True!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But I think Rick doesn't want any naughty language at all. I'm surprised he still had Fox tell two of the Good Ol' Dogs Club members that they sucked.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

"Suck" isn't a swear. Like at all. :|
And King was never altered to say "carp" instead of "crap." He still has that as part of his dialogue with Bahamut. That was Max that was changed to "carp". And both fit, thematically speaking.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never said it was a swear. I said it was naughty language. And it is kind of rude telling someone that they suck.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

It would be cool if you made them go to Babylon, the original Housepets! Universe.
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rp characters
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

Yeah, I think it would have been a lot more fun to do a more conventional Housepets Story, instead of the weird "space-cop/time-travel/and also-Bino-is-there-I-guess" combo that I ended up with. With a lot of these movies, however, I have to plan them out and start working on them a while in advance, so while it's just finishing up now, I'd been working on the basic ideas for SotM for maybe two years now? While the extra time gives me more room to polish ideas and set up character models, it also ties me to other ideas that, in hindsight, don't hold up too well.
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whatever happens with it and what you decide, I'm sure that it will be a great story that is entertaining!
Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

The final episode of SotM is up on Youtube, if anyone is interested! This series took way, WAY longer to make than I thought, but I'm glad to have finally finished it!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』