Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Sentinels of the Multiverse (New Series featuring Housepets) 

Post Sentinels of the Multiverse (New Series featuring Housepets)
Hey, all!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but there's Housepets Characters in it, so I figured some people might be a little interested. My friends and I have been making a campy, Guardians of the Galaxy-esque youtube series for a while now about a Multiversal Police Force, and due to the nature of the multiverse (and not at all because I'm just a huge fan of the webcomic :roll: ) the next part of the story partially takes place in Babylon Gardens! The trailer is up now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qX7ZPSXXQk

I know this isn't for everyone (and it's probably way too fan fictiony and confusing TBH), but maybe some of you might enjoy it?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:31 am

Post Re: Sentinels of the Multiverse (New Series featuring Housep
Looks interesting,

I like crossover fics.

I can't resist an interesting problem, If you take SPO, and interpret it as a 3 digit number written in Base-26, when converted back to decimal it equals 13,275.

Support Team Megabots in the Robot Duel!

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:19 am

bobbing cutouts? really? i get that not everybody can animate by hand, but you couldn't at least spring for a furry SFM model and re-texture it or something?

the only time i've seen bobbing cutouts work is in monty python skits, and those are visually awful on purpose because it's so over the top it makes it funny.

Epsilon - Steelhaven 10-10-5-2-5-5-5 (5-7)
Kobor - BOH 9-6-10-4-5-3-5 (6)
Talya - BOH 5-10-6-4-9-3-5 (6)
Kol - BOH 9-8-8-5-5-4-5 (4)
Characters

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 am

Eh, it's a little hokey.

Doesn't really bother me as long as the story's good.

I can't resist an interesting problem, If you take SPO, and interpret it as a 3 digit number written in Base-26, when converted back to decimal it equals 13,275.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:31 am

Buster Wrote:
bobbing cutouts? really? i get that not everybody can animate by hand, but you couldn't at least spring for a furry SFM model and re-texture it or something?

the only time i've seen bobbing cutouts work is in monty python skits, and those are visually awful on purpose because it's so over the top it makes it funny.

Yeah, it's definitely not very professional looking! In the start, I did want to try and re-texture some Gmod models I found, but it ended up looking kinda odd. While the bobbing cutouts thing is sloppy looking for sure, I feel it at least looks like Housepets, and I felt like staying closer to the art style was more important than actually making animation look good.

And I also can't animate/draw to save my life, so there's that.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Buster Wrote:

It's better than anything I can make, so I think it's pretty good.

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Well, Stormrun, you gotta start somewhere, and I'm in the "better than anything I can do" club, too. Anything for a good story....

Regards.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Thanks for the support!

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:34 am

What's the ETA on Ep 2? Is there a schedule, or is it ready when it's ready?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:58 am

I actually just filmed a bunch of Episode 2 today! I hope to have it out by the end of November, with the pace right now being an unfortunately slow one episode per month. After December, though, I should be able to release them a lot faster.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:29 am

Episode 2 is up! While there's a lot less housepets this time around, a certain celestial space gryphon does play an important role...

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 pm

I saw it.

Is Golden Sun going to be a recurring organization, or was that just a thing to set up Delta Squad?

Also, In the canon you established, the HP universe came into being, then was destroyed, then came back and left a fragment (if I followed that correctly), So what was Pete in prison for before?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Bandit1990 Wrote:
I saw it.

Is Golden Sun going to be a recurring organization, or was that just a thing to set up Delta Squad?

Also, In the canon you established, the HP universe came into being, then was destroyed, then came back and left a fragment (if I followed that correctly), So what was Pete in prison for before?

For now, the Golden Suns is just one of the basic factions in the multiverse, though they may show up a few more times! They're basically the space mafia, so they're not exactly a world ending threat.

There was a lot of unnecessarily confusing lore I put in way back when I started this, but what ended up happening was this:

An evil space demon named Erebus (The guy from the first episode in the shadowy red place) tried to destroy the multiverse by smashing a bunch of timelines together in an event called "the convergence", and though he was stopped, most of the celestials were destroyed in the battle. Pete, who had known about Erebus ahead of time, tried to escape before the battle began, and though he did eventually come back to help save the day at the last minute, the surviving celestials imprisoned him for not warning them sooner. The Security Force, however, was always a bit more relaxed and sympathetic with him, so when he broke out of prison a while ago, they let him hide in their ranks in secret, hence why he's hanging out with Delta Squad, and not allowed to go to Forge Station (The new home of the Celestials.)

What I also really didn't make clear (Mostly because I didn't originally intend for this to be seen by a larger audience, and because it's a sequel to a really old, really bad movie I made a few years ago) was that there are currently two housepets timelines: one that survived the convergence, and now orbits the Nexus (seen when they return home) that Pete originated from, but the more traditional, other Housepets timeline where the other people are currently stuck. The "Nexus Housepets" are a more aged up, technologically advanced future version of their traditional world, with their version of Earth having earned the nickname of "Babylon."

Thanks for sticking around and watching, by the way! I never expected actual people to enjoy what's essentially self-insert fan fiction I made for my friends and I, but I'm glad you're interested!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:56 am

Thanks,

That's a lot more clear.

I like fan-fiction, this is a good story and it looks like it's going somewhere.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:27 am

Bandit1990 Wrote:
Thanks,

That's a lot more clear.

I like fan-fiction, this is a good story and it looks like it's going somewhere.

Thank you! That means a lot!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:58 am

Cleared it up for me, too ... and I confuse easily so getting me unbefuddled is no small achievement.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:32 pm

NHWestoN Wrote:
Cleared it up for me, too ... and I confuse easily so getting me unbefuddled is no small achievement.

Yeah, the lore is definitely overly-complex. A lot it started out as inside jokes that weren't meant to be taken seriously ("Hahah, what if the guy who makes Housepets was the bad guy?") but it soon got too out of control and suddenly it's an essential part of the story.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]