The Archibald Aftermath (Oneshot)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CanzetYote

The Archibald Aftermath (Oneshot)

Post by CanzetYote »

NOTE: I decided to write this quick little thing after re-reading the Tiger's Very Own Super Special Television Show arc. It's about Tiger's thoughts, feelings and actions as told through his point of view after blowing up the studio and is probably the shortest thing I have ever written in terms of fanfiction. Anyway, feel free to read and review it! Also, I think I'm the first person to actually start doing Tiger-centric angst and hurt-comfort fics. Considering his mental instability and bullying he's gone through, I think he's a perfect character to use in a feels-inducing sort of fic if you dig deep enough into his problems.

The night in the pound was horror but I managed to scrape by with the sound of ringing in my ears. I had screamed myself hoarse, every single P Word I could think of in the English language coming out of my mouth as I was restrained and thrown in my cell. The hours felt like a lifetime before Jerry finally picked me up and put me in the back of his car. I had never seen him so mad at me before. He only said to me, "Tiger. Room. No dinner." No dinner? Isn't that punishment a bit extreme? After all, food helps mend a broken heart. Zach was even more terrified of me than he was before and Marvin couldn't even look me in the eye. So now I sit alone on my box bed on the table, feeling the painful sting of defeat in my chest as I clutch my stuffed companion close to me. I can listen to his sweet, comforting words echo in my head amidst the screams of terrified children and exploding buildings. Very bad dog. Very bad dog. Very bad dog. I guess that's me all right. I can also feel the hot, salty tears as bitter as cyanide stream down my snout from my blackened eyes as I hang my head and mourn the loss of the childhood innocence that I so callously had tainted. The stupid penguin had to go, but at what cost? Maybe, just maybe the water dripping off my nose was tears of remorse. I may be a very bad dog but deep down, I have a heart covered with scars and a mind shrouded by the mist of anxiety. I did what I had to do, it was all a necessary act. But if that's the case then why do I feel so barren and empty? Just a hug. That's all I ask. Just one, single hug. I need to know that I'm still loved. I need to know that I'm still important. I need to know that someone out there actually cares about me and isn't afraid of me. Is that too much to ask? I feel so hurt and confused as I snuggle myself with Poom in my box bed, the pillow absorbing my muffled sobs and bitter tears as I slowly lose energy and crash into the darkness of slumber. I'm certainly no stranger to crying myself to sleep after a day of screaming my head off at idiots and shoveling food into my face. After all, things like that are normal when you're Tiger Arbelt.
D-Rock

Re: The Archibald Aftermath (Oneshot)

Post by D-Rock »

Pretty interesting perspective.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

D-Rock wrote:Pretty interesting perspective.
Yeah, despite being a comic relief who usually appears in one-offs, I think Tiger is extremely insecure and only acts like an ill-tempered, eccentric grump so no one gets close enough to hurt him because he's been hurt so many times before. I think the reason he doesn't have a serious and emotional story arc addressing his problems yet is because his backstory is too dark and upsetting for the comic's PG setting. Kinda the same reason that Sasha doesn't have a story arc about her abusive home life yet. The fact that he's hilarious while having that tragic undercurrent to him is part of the reason he's become my favorite character. Well, that and all the really funny and adorable meme-esq faces he makes.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I owe to you a new perspective on Tiger but, I gotta confess, Tiger's Very Own Super Special Television Show was a hilarious, anarchic riot. I remember too many of those kid talent shows, and Tiger gave them their just desserts. Regards.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Something else that offered to me, remembering your fondness for Tiger. It might be fun if Rick took a oke m, had one character read it over maybe four or five strips while two or three others act it out. ThE Raven by Edger Allen Poe would be perfect for Tiger as the host or the narrator/actor. Whichever part he takes, you'd want an antagonist like Jessica or maybe Grape doing the counterfloil. Trinket is the only bird i can remember in the strip but she could do the raven.

Regards.