WARNING: A new site is coming

What are we doing!?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: WARNING: A new site is coming

Post by Hlaoroo »

Could you perhaps have a separate category or separate page for archiving the guest strips? That way you don't have to fit them in again and they're also kept separate from the canon comics which would prevent any possible confusion.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Kinda maybe? Probably. Possibly.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

rickgriffin wrote:Kinda maybe? Probably. Possibly.

Naaaaa!

That's just what they would be expecting us to do!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Toboe

Post by Toboe »

Any chance that we'll ever have character tags again?
Ebly wrote:you're a geek tobes <3
Awaken as a Bear
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Toboe wrote:Any chance that we'll ever have character tags again?
I have started adding character tags, but they aren't showing up in the posts, I think I might need to hack that in
james42519

Post by james42519 »

still wish this worked on ie on my lumia 640 windows phone. some reason it is blurry and zooming in makes it more blurry. old site had them full size so i could zoom and move it around to read. i have data saving turned off and changed between mobile and full site. i used uc browser to test it and it worked even using the windows mobile user agent. i really don't know what else to try to get this to work right on ie now. this makes no sense why this is happening to me.

ie
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arw_JZOhLuSbstU_zWe30OIvGkEz3g

uc browser
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arw_JZOhLuSbstVAdan-sLkw7iE9Vw

the old site with ie
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Arw_JZOhLuSbstVEes_nhiQ0tWLaww
killerman33 wrote:I did not find a problem with the old site, however will we still get forum pages where we can talk about the current topic?
yeah i didn't see anything wrong with old one. what is it with sites trying to over simplify stuff. the clean look just looks ugly to me on every site that tries it. the old version always looked better before they try and make it look clean and new
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

still wish this worked on ie on my lumia 640 windows phone. some reason it is blurry and zooming in makes it more blurry.
I installed a plugin called Disable Responsive Images that might fix this issue.
yeah i didn't see anything wrong with old one.
The old site was on Wordpress 2 which was heavily depreciated and becoming increasingly broken on the backend. The last few months I had not even been able to use the media uploader. You know that Cast page everyone wants? Impossible without doing all of that by hand, manually, through FTP, when the media uploader is broken. I'm also pretty sure some malware was secretly injected when I had google ads running on the site, which I definitely wanted wiped clean and could not do without starting over.
james42519

Post by james42519 »

rickgriffin wrote:
still wish this worked on ie on my lumia 640 windows phone. some reason it is blurry and zooming in makes it more blurry.
I installed a plugin called Disable Responsive Images that might fix this issue.
The old site was on Wordpress 2 which was heavily depreciated and becoming increasingly broken on the backend. The last few months I had not even been able to use the media uploader. You know that Cast page everyone wants? Impossible without doing all of that by hand, manually, through FTP, when the media uploader is broken. I'm also pretty sure some malware was secretly injected when I had google ads running on the site, which I definitely wanted wiped clean and could not do without starting over.

No don't seem like it did anything. Oh well.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

james42519 wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:

Are you using a Windows 10 insider beta or WP 8.1?
james42519

Post by james42519 »

james42519 wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:

Are you using a Windows 10 insider beta or WP 8.1?[/quote]
oh guess i should have said that 8.1 u2. what came with the l640. guess will update to 10 soon. this is from at&t gophone and using on net10
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Hmmm weird then, I'm using W10 insider's last stable preview and it looks fine, I guess it should be the same for 8.1 u2. Have you tried resizing the page/using other orientation/loading the desktop version?
james42519

Post by james42519 »

NoSoyFurry wrote:Hmmm weird then, I'm using W10 insider's last stable preview and it looks fine, I guess it should be the same for 8.1 u2. Have you tried resizing the page/using other orientation/loading the desktop version?
how you resize? you mean zoom? yeah i changed agent to desktop too. other orientation? like i said uc browser seems to works but there is something wrong on ie.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

james42519 wrote:
NoSoyFurry wrote:Hmmm weird then, I'm using W10 insider's last stable preview and it looks fine, I guess it should be the same for 8.1 u2. Have you tried resizing the page/using other orientation/loading the desktop version?
how you resize? you mean zoom? yeah i changed agent to desktop too. other orientation? like i said uc browser seems to works but there is something wrong on ie.
I mean if you hold it horizontally instead of vertically, does it change? Have you tried incognito mode btw?
What about opening the image itself on another tab?

Forget about the resize part I'm stupid :P
james42519

Post by james42519 »

NoSoyFurry wrote:
james42519 wrote:
I mean if you hold it horizontally instead of vertically, does it change? Have you tried incognito mode btw?
What about opening the image itself on another tab?

Forget about the resize part I'm stupid :P
Weird turning landscape fixes it. Like it makes it load a higher res version. It stays like that going back to portrait. Not sure if there is a way to make it load the version that get with landscape when in portrait without turning phone
hackle

Post by hackle »

I prefered the older version better >~< I can't access character page ._ .
Last edited by hackle on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Are we getting the bonus page? With those removed strips I mean.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I have to admit, I'm having trouble enjoying the new format of the strips. The time in between comics makes it hard to get into the flow of the story (two days in between strips strangely makes a big difference - from a feeling of anticipation to one of longing, indifference, or impatience until the comic updates), and I feel like the length of the strips kind of mutes the punchlines of the jokes a little. Of course I'll definitely keep reading and hopefully will get used to the new format, but the comic seems less fun or interesting somehow - or rather I've become less invested in it (this from someone who has consistently obsessed over it for nearly two years now).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'm sure it just takes getting used to. I follow comics of all sorts of update schedules; one just once a week, only one other three times a week, some just two, and one whenever the artist manages to get a page out. It's become a sort of joke on that one with the erratic updates.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Keep in mind that Rick is still building the site, guys. The cast page will return and Rick will return to the normal posting schedule as soon as he has time. A massive change like this takes time to implement though and there are definitely going to be bugs to iron out. Please be patient!

As to the new layout of the strips themselves, that's a matter of personal taste. I kinda like that they're bigger because you can see the cuteness closer up and they're easier to read with bigger text. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

You know what, I think I can get used to it after all - it's like the Calvin and Hobbes Sunday comics. It'll take a little longer to get through arcs, but with more plot detail given, they'll be more comprehensive. And once the books come out, I'll be able to read them without the wait. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

It's getting a lot for me to get used to too :/ It's almost like the punchlines are too far apart to be propperly enjoyed IMO.

But wasn't rick gonna keep the new schedule indefinitely? Is it temporal?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hey, Rick. I found some people recently that are interested in purchasing some of your merchandise. Better update the site with it soon! :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

So I just noticed that the voting button is not on the new site, so Housepets! has disappeared from the recent TWC week lists... >_>
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

So I think I know what I need to do re: adding back in the old alt text to the site n such, so I am now gonna ask for volunteers to go in and help Diss add in alt text and character tags. Anyone who wants to help shoot me a PM or something!
Douglas Collier

(Covertly changes one of the background character's names to Douglas)
<.<
>.>
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'll be auditing any changes made. :b

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Douglas Collier

Well, I can offer some assistance with at least one background character - the chihuahua with the urinary cyst is named Sten, if that helps any. He can be found in Love And War (One By One Equals Zero and Butt Of This Joke) and The King And I (Here Come Da Bride)

*peers at wedding guests* . . . Wait. Is that Mungo in the third row on the right?! :shock:
james42519

Post by james42519 »

SuperStar wrote:So I just noticed that the voting button is not on the new site, so Housepets! has disappeared from the recent TWC week lists... >_>
Voting? Don't remember seeing that before. I would have done it if I seen it. Also still not loading right on phone.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Sweet! :D Very nice, Rick, very nice. Take your time fixing it, it won't do to rush and potentially mess it up. Also, I like the new comic format, makes me more involved and feel like I'm not missing too much if I don't check in often. :)
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

I've noticed a lot of guest comics are missing (Some significant to the plot such as the naked arc ones), aswell as some "special strips" like Peanut's dog-cat drawing.

Comic descriptions and that text arc where king goes to the k9pd party aswell.
Someone

Post by Someone »

So when is everything completely going back to normal? (Missing bone/fish buttons, stories, comics, merchandise, bios, etc)
Off to a good start.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Someone wrote:So when is everything completely going back to normal? (Missing bone/fish buttons, stories, comics, merchandise, bios, etc)

Now is the new normal!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Douglas Collier

I do miss the character tags, though. It's so much harder to locate specific strips without them - them and the picture that used to accompany archived strips to help indicate which ones were which.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Douglas Collier wrote:I do miss the character tags, though. It's so much harder to locate specific strips without them - them and the picture that used to accompany archived strips to help indicate which ones were which.
You can still browse by changing the URL just like before. Eg:

http://www.housepetscomic.com/character/Bailey
http://www.housepetscomic.com/character/Great-Kitsune

Regarding the other stuffs, I think Rick will get to it when he has time.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Not A Furry wrote:You can still browse by changing the URL just like before. Eg:

Oh, good to know. Thanks.
But it would be great if they come back officially.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Cyon

Post by Cyon »

Not A Furry wrote:You can still browse by changing the URL just like before. Eg:

Regarding the other stuffs, I think Rick will get to it when he has time.
Good to know. Maybe in the future though he could set up a tab by the merchandise button for a list of all of these links. On another forum I'm on, someone programmed a page search index using these tags.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Character tags have been added. Apparently adding in lists for custom taxonomies was more complicated than I thought.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yay! This'll make searching around significantly easier, especially for resources. Also, they actually look like tags. Nice.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Where are they exactly? Cause I can't seem to find them.

Edit: Never mind, I found them.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Yeah, they're only on the individual comic pages. Sadly still missing on the main page. But it's progress! YAY!
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage