Gratuitous Praise For Our Fan Artists And Writers!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Douglas Collier

Gratuitous Praise For Our Fan Artists And Writers!

Post by Douglas Collier »

So, I've noticed that some people feel unappreciated as artists and writers. It's hard to comment on every single chapter, project, or piece of art, so I'd like to create this thread to compliment the fans who work so hard on the stuff they make for everyone to enjoy.

Blasterizer, your work is amazing! You do a great job at capturing emotion in all of your drawings. I look forward to seeing more of your drawings and comics in the future.

Dryideabat, you keep me coming to the fan projects section. Your Not-So-Dynamic-Duo comic is fun to read and is done in a very great art style.

Civilization, your talent is growing; you did your first front-on picture - that's hard to do and is quite an accomplishment! Keep up the great work!

You guys working on Housepets! Fanimated! and Housepets! Tales of Babylon! are doing a great job. I haven't gotten to read much of the fanfiction on this site, but I've found most of it to be pretty good (special shout out to The-J-Man, as well as all you fanwriters!).

Ok, guys, here's your chance to show your appreciation for all the artists, writers, game / show developers, voice actors, etc. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
D-Rock

Re: Gratuitous Praise For Our Fan Artists And Writers!

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks, man, and great job to all artists and writers out there.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You guys are awesome. Keep up the great work.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

Thank you, that means more than you know.
And great job to you and all of the other artists out there. I always enjoy visiting the forums to find some cool masterpieces to enjoy :D
My DA can be found Here!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Appreciate the compliments. Only wants me to work harder now :D

Next stop: Sexiest Most charming Maxwell voice alive.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thanks for the encouraging kind compliments. :D It motivates me to continue doing furry art here amongst so much exquisite talent.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

thanks so much for this! I may be...inconsistent, but it feels great to know I made some great contributions
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Thanks Doug, really appreciate it! I'll be sure to keep writing, just gotta get through writers block first lol
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You've just reminded me to finish off the story in THE LOPER and start the next I've written. Same universe. IOC:- The Fennec

And that's done.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

I'm a little late, but compliments to you guys!
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yes, we have so many creative fans here, and every work they create is a celebration of Rick's work that drew us all to this community! Keep creating, keep celebrating! :D
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well Wowzers! Just noticed this... Again... Maybe, everything is such a blur and just going by...
And then, can't be complete without a thank you... It's not enough Douglas, since you were kind enough to call me out up there. Gave me a burst of energy I really needed.

Got to thank all the real artist and writers willing to put their stuff out there. Inspired me to try scribbling since you lot are so great at it!
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I have to say that I'm also pretty impressed by the work that some members here have done and are doing, very well done. :D I like this community especially for this. ;)
Let's don't forget those who writes fanfictions, and, also if now inactive because of other business things, there's Stu with his great Housepets! 1X webcomic. ;)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Thanks for the kind words, friend! We will continue to try and provide content that meets to your expectations. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Gatsumann

Post by Gatsumann »

I love getting to see the fan art and seeing different creative interpretations of characters. You guys do a great job!

"Wukrii is a fantasy adventure comic with cute characters in a tropical setting. Discover ancient mysteries, new places, species, and people. It has anthro characters & furry's like the hybrid dragon/bunny's called "Drabbunnies".
valerio

Post by valerio »

Drydeabat's story and style evolved a lot in time and he kept a very interesting and funny comic ongoing, epic squirrelly spinoff included! it's been so far a pleasure to translate him!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

valerio wrote:Drydeabat's story and style evolved a lot in time and he kept a very interesting and funny comic ongoing, epic squirrelly spinoff included! it's been so far a pleasure to translate him!
Thanks so much valerio. :D Keep up the great work translating!
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

I'd like to thank everyone for putting up with me as I am accepting this herculean task of writing a epic long series adapting various Super Sentai and Power Ranger series among others with Gokaiger as the general overall series.

I like to thank everyone for working hard on their projects and I hope that there will be more awesomeness to come.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Thanks to Krytus the Dreamer. Without him, the Housepets! And Kingdom Hearts crossover fanfic would never have been created, and without that, I would have never joined the forums. Well, probably wouldn't have.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job to everybody who are writers on the forums and can create great stories!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

We have very talented artists and writers here, you guys are awesome.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

You're a pretty good writer yourself, trekkie!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have definitely been gripped by his fan-fiction though I have been hoping that we could see the next chapters sooner rather than later.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

...Has this thread always been here? I've been here since January and I never noticed it. If I had I would've given praise sooner, since I love doing that :P
Hats off to trekkie, who's made some very touching stories. Same to Jageshemash, your Christmas carol adaptation was outstanding. Also gotta appreciate Hagus who's been working on fun projects ever since he first arrived. And SeanWolf, HousepetZ has been taking the comic to crazy new places for a whole year and I've enjoyed every bit of it. Nicely done to all the fan artists, thanks for making this forum awesome :D
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Aww, thanks guys. As for myself , I like SeanWolf’s thrilling HousePetZ, and Jageshmash’s Christmas Carol and HP! World of Fantasy. Tenno the wolf, and Haugus have also thrilled me with their stories.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

trekkie wrote:Aww, thanks guys. As for myself , I like SeanWolf’s thrilling HousePetZ, and Jageshmash’s Christmas Carol and HP! World of Fantasy. Tenno the wolf, and Haugus have also thrilled me with their stories.
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:...Has this thread always been here? I've been here since January and I never noticed it. If I had I would've given praise sooner, since I love doing that :P
Hats off to trekkie, who's made some very touching stories. Same to Jageshemash, your Christmas carol adaptation was outstanding. Also gotta appreciate Hagus who's been working on fun projects ever since he first arrived. And SeanWolf, HousepetZ has been taking the comic to crazy new places for a whole year and I've enjoyed every bit of it. Nicely done to all the fan artists, thanks for making this forum awesome :D
*blushing furiously*

Gotta give it up to you too Trekkie. Resurgemus and PoL are actually what got me shipping Graxnurot in After the Carol.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somewhere out there when she decides to poke her head in again, I think biddyfox will be VERY pleased with the second fanfic you are doing trekkie because she had that idea and was the one who first brought it to the forum.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thanks, Jageshemash! I hope so, Dayzee, I like the idea of the polylove among four of my favorite characters.

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:...Has this thread always been here? I've been here since January and I never noticed it. If I had I would've given praise sooner, since I love doing that :P
trekkie wrote:Aww, thanks guys. As for myself , I like SeanWolf’s thrilling HousePetZ, and Jageshmash’s Christmas Carol and HP! World of Fantasy. Tenno the wolf, and Haugus have also thrilled me with their stories.
*blushes and hides behind his wolf tail* D'aww...thankies :3
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

With all the excellent art, fan-fics, games, and sagas being pumped out by so many creative, energetic souls, keeping up with all the plaudits they merit is pretty demanding of itself!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Matter of factly with ever single piece of media we have around here there is no chance anybody who is reading it will get bored for any reason at all and will never run out of interesting works to look through!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Seanwolf, I know I'm late, but I also wanted to say that I LOVE HousepetZ! It's very well-done!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Be careful. Anymore praise and he will need to make his tail bigger somehow to hide his whole body. XD
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Now most of the people around when the fic was written either don't remember it or left the forums, or the new members wouldn't bother to check it out, but Valerio's story, Housepets the Series, is actually one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Unlike other fics where at would just skip over the storylines of the OCs, your characters, even kinda insignificant figures like Flash or Nevermore, all felt charming, original, fresh and new. Brother Lazarus and Father Ghetti were some of my favorite new characters, although being a Christian I may be biased. Martin was cool, too.

The best thing about the story that separates it from others is it's ability to play with your emotions. One moment you're crying, the next you're laughing, and then you're crying again. Rufus' death, the murder of Silver and Zen, Kevin's diary during the apocalypse arc were all just an emotional rollercoaster.

The Whiteman House was a clever twist on the haunted house seen in the actual comic, while you somehow managed to make me sympathetic for such vile characters as Bino and Mr. Hartford. Also, despite being a senile old hag, Maud Robinson was just too hilarious to really even hate. Also, Martin's sacrifice was great during the battle with the rabid dogs, but thankfully he doesn't end up like Discount Jack. (Also, Zap weirdly reminds me of my grandpa.) I was never really fond of the grapenut ship, but you made their relationship feel natural and really heartwarming.

The only things I wasn't too keen on were:

Noas and Ringle's abuse of Alcor being used solely as comedic relief. I feel like it was wasted potential for a dramatic plotline.

King and Fox's homoerotic relationship subtext. I felt that Flash was just the better written gay character overall and I liked the Allerga and Fox and Bailey and King pairings you wrote so much it just made it seem weird.

Sabrina becoming kind of a jerk to Fido during the cruise arc is understandable because of Fido's overbearing personality and paranoia, but the amount of focus almost made her feel vindictive and petty.

Also, the pregnancy arc was kinda cringe-worthy as the pets still acted like children, making everything feel really strange in a "culture shock" sort of way. However, I realize that to mature the characters just for this arc would go against the spirit of the comic and it made for some hilarious moments, so I'll let it slide.

Other than those small complaints, I loved the story and am very sad it was never finished. (Also, brilliant choice on having Arty Stu do the artwork!)
Last edited by Harry Johnathan on Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a lot of praise that you are giving to a lot of people even if they are no longer here. Good on you!
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:00 am That is a lot of praise that you are giving to a lot of people even if they are no longer here. Good on you!
Funny thing is, for quite a while (I started reading sometime between the end of the Teenage Squirrel arc and the Be Mine arc) I was starting to become annoyed with Housepets during the Imaginate Jurassic Park arc. (Especially Part I, ick!) It was Valerio's fic, along with to Abducted, Thunderstorm, HousepetsZ, Homecoming, Matt, Resurgemus, Housepets 5,000 B.C {written by Rick and may or may not be canon and so isn't actually a fanfic, but still} and Dayshun, which I found accidentally while searching for the actual comic Housepets on Tvtropes, that helped me, well, survive during this period.
Last edited by Harry Johnathan on Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Fine selections, Rydr. Those are some of my favorite fics, too. I still have a crap ton of reading to catch up on after my semester-long absence, but it makes my heart happy to see the creative side of the community is still at it <3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The creative side of the community actually waits for no man so even if you are gone there are still gonna be stories to read because they don't stop. Plus it is a given that everybody in the community will be creative one way or another.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Perhaps we'll start having guest strips again - I kinda miss those.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I figured with the break that Rick is taking that we might have seen some. However it looks like that isn't the case this time around.