Untitled King Milton Project: A Housepets Fan Adaptation

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SgtPinkie

Untitled King Milton Project: A Housepets Fan Adaptation

Post by SgtPinkie »

This is being written partially for school, partially out of boredom, and partially because OMGTHISCOMICUGAIZTHISCOMICOMGUGAIZICANTEVEN. It is far from finished, and what has been finished may eventually change. Now, this will be a mostly straightforward adaptation of King's storyline up through Heaven's Not Enough. At this point, it's mostly verbatim with a few additions and changes here and there. That may change. My hope is to eventually get Rick's approval and film it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AmI ... sp=sharing

Since the actors at my disposal are not familiar with the comic, I typed up these character descriptions. Some of them aren't totally accurate, and a lot of characters are missing or lacking in info. At the time, I wasn't sure how far I would go with this, so I kept it to the key players. Since starting the actual script, I've added Bino and Sasha. Peanut, Grape, and Max may appear but not as major characters

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lIO ... sp=sharing

Criticism is encouraged on the script.

(As for Spot (Superdog), he may also be featured in some capacity)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: Untitled King Milton Project: A Housepets Fan Adaptation

Post by Obbl »

Soooooooooooo, when you say "mostly verbatim", what you mean is: Joel's personality is completely changed, and the dialogue is rather heavily edited, but the events transpire mostly as in the comic :P Not that I mind, personally, just be straight up about it ;)

Also, sarcasm is not a replacement for character dialogue. It has it's uses but does wear on the viewer over time. Just... something to be aware of, perhaps =3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually looks like it could be something interesting after you work on it a bit more. Nice job on rerouting some of Joel's personality!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

When did joel become fatman?

In canon Joel joined PETA because they were his only option; he wanted to work with animals but no one else would take him due to his criminal record. he didn't start playing the bad guy in earnest until he realized they were screwed and he was going to be arrested no matter what he did, and his Freudian excuse moment felt more like a bitter 'why me, i'm trying to help' moment as a result.

if your going to rewrite a character, you should do it to a background character that had little personality to start, or show what event(s) changes their personality from canon. otherwise anyone in your audience familiar with the source material will just be going WTF.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.