Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SuperStar

Re: Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Post by SuperStar »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:realistically speaking a theme for an animated series should only be 30secs to a minute
*Hayden Christensen voice* The way I see it it should be at least a 1 minute 30.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

As of now, Great Kitsune is handing down the role of Lead Director to me. He's still going to be working on the sound division of the project, but currently he just needs to lighten his work load a bit. He may also not be here as often as he used to. From now on, I will be in charge of all cast voting periods, voice acting sessions, and reviewing the scripts before they are released as an episode (and any other director-y things I might have missed).
Let's keep on working to make this series fantastic! :D When I get my laptop in a week
SuperStar wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:realistically speaking a theme for an animated series should only be 30secs to a minute
*Hayden Christensen voice* The way I see it it should be at least a 1 minute 30.
As Lead Director I say they should be at least 30 minutes B)
(Though I am not apposed to 1 minute and 30 seconds, we just have to be able to actually MAKE a 1 minute and 30 second song. :lol: )
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Don't worry, I wasn't serious. I just mostly watch animes, and I know how much shorter Western intros are in comparison. Heheh.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

SuperStar wrote:Don't worry, I wasn't serious. I just mostly watch animes, and I know how much shorter Western intros are in comparison. Heheh.

Be like Ajin or Madoka Magika and go a full 2:00-2:20
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

So I got the lip syncing down, and decided to demonstrate it in a way that would embarrass myself! :D
https://youtu.be/NQwbU3g87Xk
ImageImageImageImage
Grout_19

Post by Grout_19 »

Is this still an active project? I know it hasn't been that long but I was wondering if this is still going to be worked on. It would be nice to know if there is any need for help in any fields.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yes, it is, it's only been like, a month dude :lol:

Granted, we've been moving a bit slower as of lately, but the first episode is still being animated.
ImageImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

We've been more active on the Discord server than here.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Garfield

Post by Garfield »

Ok, someone made there are more than one animated housepets being made
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

There is? This is the first I've heard of it. To my knowledge I'm the only one who's done animated housepets anything besides the original fan made intro. Could you send me a link to it?
ImageImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

found it through his castingcall profile linked on the other thread. seems to just be audio.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Huh! I'm surprised neither of us knew of eachother's projects! How interesting. I'll talk to him and see if there's anything he may need help with, or if he'd like to help us in any way. It's nice to see other people working on HP! projects as well :D
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I hate to be that guy, but I actually like almost all the auditions to that project better than the ones we got, :|
Garfield

Post by Garfield »

RIP, i talked to that guy, he said most of it will just be somewhat animated, but only a little will be like animation
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:There is? This is the first I've heard of it. To my knowledge I'm the only one who's done animated housepets anything besides the original fan made intro. Could you send me a link to it?
Well, there was MrNeonShot technically.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

He released an animated thingy?! :o

Like I know he was an animator and the animator for the show but i never saw anything from him housepets! wise.
ImageImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've never actually animated anything after the gifs I messed around with. I no longer have access to after effects :'(

I also technically never was any lead here, just some kid who didn't know what he was doing.
I still loved helping with this project, though ^^
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Hey! Are we still talking about making a theme song for the show - because I made one. I hope it's satisfactory.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Dude, that was actually really good! It had a bit of strange hollow-y sound filters, but overall it was really good and if need be we have ways of fixing/leveling the audio. :D
It kind of reminded me of a sitcom opening, really chill too. I'm not sure it would fit the lyrics we made for the show's intro, nor do I think it needs any lyrics at all, but it would be a solid intro theme. Though we DID already have the Season 1 theme scoped out, as the beat was used in the teaser.

It could also be the intro for another season, I know people have talked about wanting to have different intros per season, but then it would be a matter of which one is used first.

But what do you guys think? I could totally see this being the intro :) (also SirRayBarker, ya might wanna clear things with us before ya start putting work into something in case we already did something so your efforts are not in vain :P )
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I'm down for multiple openings as long as one isn't instrumental while another has lyrics. That'd drive me crazy, you know what I mean?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Indeed, there needs to be at least some sort of consistency, and having no lyrics and then some, or lyrics and then lack there of would be quite jarring.
ImageImageImageImage
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Maybe it could be at the end of an episode, at the credits? Or is that already handled? That, or you could use it as BGM?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

The end music is already covered, but from the looks of it quite a few people in the Housepets! Fanimated! discord seem to like this theme. I'm greatly leaning towards using it. Now I just have to think of how to go about it:
Do I write lyrics for it or not and what the intro animation itself will be.
If more people weigh into this decision, It'll certainly be used. But i do want to wait a little bit more in case anyone else has any input on it.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Care to remind me of what the ending theme was? Because I can view SirRayBarker's music being used in the end credits. It's not unheard of for a series to have different songs for the intro and outro. As for lyrics, I'm open to that idea. I did come across a short-lived series (as in just the pilot episode) that had different songs, though the outro was an instrumental. Later found out that there are lyrics for that ending song, it just wasn't used.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

SirRayBarker wrote:Hey! Are we still talking about making a theme song for the show - because I made one. I hope it's satisfactory.
That is a fun tune, SirRay!

I think it's definitely more suited to background music than a theme song though just because of the repetitive nature of it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

I would be perfectly okay with it being used as background music if the credits music is already accounted for.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/h ... -fanimated
As of today, we are going to be hosting all voice actor casting on a new Casting Call Page due to a sudden need to recast (also so I can actually see and manage the casting call cause the previous version was Kitsune's). The roles were abandoned either due to a sudden busy schedule, or an inability to contact the ones you and Kitsune casted.

The following roles are now open again:

Grape
Mr. Sandwich
Mrs. Sandwich

The following are still available and currently listed:

Rex
Joey
Max
Tiger

More roles will be added as they come up in the show.

Now, you may have noticed pretty much immediately that Grape is available again... to be casted I mean. We need to recast her and Mrs. Sandwich very soon, as we were in the middle of animating episode 1 and now have to re-record. If you are in any way interested in auditioning for Grape or Mrs. Sandwich, please do it now. However, I can't stress enough how important of a role Grape is and how many lines she has because of that. You have to be sure you can actually commit to doing the role, and actually get lines done every now and then. Do not prioritize this fan project over any crucial real life stuff you may need to do or any real jobs you could get. Your time and talent are needed, but only if you can spare the time.

This brings me to my second announcement:
As of now, the casting system will be much different. Instead of it being completely based on a community vote, I will be the one to make the final say on who is casted. Now now, don't get all riled up. I'm not removing the "community" aspect from this entirely, I just need to make absolute sure the people casted are A: fit for the job, B: Won't randomly dissapear without any way to contact them, and C: actually know what it is they're auditioning for. A major problem with the previous casting system was that a lot of auditioners were random people, who'd never heard of Housepets! until they auditioned. This worked out for some, but did not work out for a lot. A lot of times those people also just kinda auditioned and never looked back to see if they got casted again or if they were never gave any info to allow us to contact them.
To solve this, I will be taking suggestions as to who you think will be good for a particular role I am casting at the time, asking the dev team their opinions, and then combining and comparing those with my opinions and come up with the final decision. I will look at each audition with a completely neutral take, even on my own auditions. In fact my own auditions would be completely up to you to decide cause I'm pretty darn sure most of you are better voice actors than me and would not claim to be the best of the bunch unless I reeeally didn't like anyone (which I can't imagine happening). When I make the final decision, I will do a bit of vetting with the most popular choices and my own personal choices by having them do a few more lines and asking them a few questions and whatnot, and then I will cast the best suited person. Some characters will require more vetting than others and I will be way more picky about who is chosen *COUGHCOUGHKINGCOUGHCOUGHDONTWANTTOBELYNCHED* but more minor characters I'll be a bit more lax about the choice.

Also, for those of you who already submitted an audition previously: If you're confident in your previous take, just submit the file again! If you think you could do better or got a better mic, feel free to make a new one!

With that said, happy auditioning, and please don't lynch me. :)
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

ATTENTION!
The first episode of Housepets! Fanimated is out now! There will be a stream tomorrow celebrating it's release with bonus sketches suggested by the chat!
https://youtu.be/LJqf5WFMr0o
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hey, guys.

It's come to my attention that I won't be able to voice act for the voice roles I signed up for anymore.

Due to time constraints at the moment most of my Housepets projects are on a minimal low now and I won't be able to voice act for Housepets anymore despite my best efforts.

It was a pleasure getting involved with the project while I could. I hope for a successful project!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Understandable, I probably won't be going much further than episode 1 or 2 at the moment, so it's okay man. Thank you for your support though! :)
ImageImageImageImage
22xander

Post by 22xander »

So what has happened in this two year old still active thread. XD
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

22xander wrote:So what has happened in this two year old still active thread. XD
Well, the Discord server is more active, though it's more of a hangout these days.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here: