Help

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Lintharix

Help

Post by Lintharix »

Hi so I'm actually working on the Spanish Translation of HP! and I need at least a suitable font for this strip specifically. Dunno if there is already a post where you can find them all.

Dank yuu!
A doctor would tell me to cheer up, since I'm a bit depressive. ¿What do I think? I don't need that #&@%, I have been under heavy stress for 5 years, I'M SUPPOSED TO REACT LIKE THIS.
Lintharix

Re: Help

Post by Lintharix »

noone knows, WHYYYYY
A doctor would tell me to cheer up, since I'm a bit depressive. ¿What do I think? I don't need that #&@%, I have been under heavy stress for 5 years, I'M SUPPOSED TO REACT LIKE THIS.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Rick, does the lettering for the Spot comics by hand, so lots of workarounds have been devised for translating it. What font is godot using? I thought it looked pretty good.
Lintharix

Post by Lintharix »

Obbl wrote:Rick, does the lettering for the Spot comics by hand, so lots of workarounds have been devised for translating it. What font is godot using? I thought it looked pretty good.
Haven't checked old T-strips. I'm helping him with some arcs that fell behind in some point of this year, so everything I know by now is that normal strips use WebLetterer BB. Managed to translate the letter Pete sent to Keene on arc 63, I had to use other font, but I felt it was bad-quality translation for some moral reason. What can I say, I'm a very confusing person :P

I didn't notice the text was hand-drawn, as I checked some "a"s and they looked the same. Guess I'll use a similar font, thanks anyway.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, what's Godot using for the accented letters? He recently got a new font for those, and it looks a lot more uniform now.
Lintharix

Post by Lintharix »

Obbl wrote:Well, what's Godot using for the accented letters? He recently got a new font for those, and it looks a lot more uniform now.
Komika Hand

Still, I think it's better to draw these. I did that on all my translations, also in one I helped Godot with. It's the last one, 15/12/14