Reboot (A Housepets! FanFic)

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

killerbee102494

Reboot (A Housepets! FanFic)

Post by killerbee102494 »

Greetings and salutations fallowers of Housepets (and maybe readers of Spark's beginning) i have been stewing with this idea for a while. With the help of the ever so important D3ath_0ps, he, FoxRocks, and i have made a universe for our characters. I will be telling a story of death and its effects on the mind of a young cat. However, I will make the story as PG as i can, only getting to PG_13 when needed.

About my charater:
His name is Giga Byte, he is a redish brown (i forgot the type) cat that loves computers.
I will comeback with more later.
Peace

P.S. go read D3ath-0ps story, it's a roller coaster of a ride.http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3002
The only way to understand the madmen is to be one.
D3ath_0ps

Re: Reboot (A Housepets! FanFic)

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Hey Bee! Can't wait to see Giga in action! And thanks for the mention. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It sounds like it is a great concept. I can't wait to see more from you about this! I believe that this will be a great story to read!
killerbee102494

Post by killerbee102494 »

I'm SO sorry for the wait on the first part of the prologue, life and writers block can kick someone HARD but that is all ok. Anyway, on to the show.

ReBoot - Prologue (System Crash)

A red sedan made its way down a small two lane road. The occupants, a middle age woman in a soft blue button down and a male reddish brown cat with golden spoches, were on their way to her younger brother's house. The cat, at the start of his morning was ecstatic because today was his birthday. He already got a present earlier in the before noon, a trip to Fur Central for the gold, but some of it was washed away by his disgruntled owner. Both we angry to some degree for different reasons, even after hours, their mood still hasn't changed.

I don’t see what the big deal is. I’m THREE FUDGING YEARS OLD. I can make my own choices. Gig grumbled as he focused on the passenger side window.

“Mom, why can’t I get the dye fixed? It’s smudged.” agitation in the cat’s voice was evident. All he wanted was something to break up the bland brownish-red fur, nothing to major.

“Because you ruined your beautiful crimson fur with artificial color and after I told you no for three months” She retorted, keeping her eyes on the road. Her voice had disappointment laced all throughout it. The fact that he disobeyed he was bad but the fact that she got involved. Every time I try to make an example, she messes everything up.

The fight between owner and pet has been going on for a better part of the morning. After her ex took him to get artificial color put in, she tried to justify her actions under the excuse of a "gift".

"I'm aloud to give the pet that I bought for you a present and fur dye is it. Besides, the look on his face when i pulled into the parking lot was so cute!" The words echoed in her head, reminding her that she has always held him on a short leash. No, I can't let him just do what he wants, but i should give him some leeway in the rules. He is still young. Signing to get her apology together in her head, she shifted her gaze to the rear view mirror. Giga, from his driver side back seat, was still looking through the passenger side window, not wanting to see her.

"Look, I'm sorr-"

In that moment, her words were stolen from her by a green minivan that had a loose brake line.

To Gig, his simple world morphed into one of fear and pain. He looked at his mother, seeing her form hunched over with the steering column shoved against her chest, then the world exploded with pure, hot, white pain. And the his world became a void of darkness.

Giga was bouncing in place, paws gripping the chair's seat while he waited to be taken back. He watched all kinds of pets walk back, dogs, rabbits, and even cats like him. He was in the lobby of the largest pets salon in the US, Fur Central, because of his ex-mom, Lisa. She told him that his gift was one fur dye in any pattern he wanted (excluding full dye down).

“I can't believe I'm here" he bounced, "I mean, this is a dream come true."

"Well, I get to give you a gift and all the times I've been over, you ask to get your fur dyed and I thought it was time that you get what you wanted" Lisa answered, her auburn curls bounced as she looked over with a warm smile. She was glad that, with the short times she can spend with Gigs, he enjoys the gifts she gives.

“Giga Byte?” a male voice called out from one of front chairs.

Getting up, he ran over to the salon artist, ear flicked forward and shoulders relaxed, "I'm Giga."

The salon artist gave him a warm smile, his red beard trimmed close to his face. The cat's reaction told him that this was his first time here. He loves working with the new pets; the look of awe walking in, the giddiness of the first time.

“First time?”

Blushing from his comment, Giga gave a nod as he pulled himself into the chair. with the action, he earned a chuckle from the artist.

“Alright, what are you in the mood for?”

After thinking for a bit, he answered " you know the pattern of computer components?"

"OOOHHH, l love a challenge, now where would you like it and in what color?" with a grin on face and the precision dye tool in hand, he opened the cabinet of colors.

"Gold, up the right arm"

after pulling Gig's arm onto a side table, he loaded the color into the tool. he asked Gig to relax and try not to fidget too much. but before the artist started, gig asked what his name is.

"My name is Dakota"
The only way to understand the madmen is to be one.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Nice job, killerbee.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really like what you have so far!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

nice story you got here. I will defiantly be reading this.