Housepets: The Girl

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

FoxRocks

Housepets: The Girl

Post by FoxRocks »

This is fanfic No.2, this involves a dog and her parents moving into Babylon Gardens. The dog's full name is Angelica, but she is referred to an Angel. She is a white husky with a grey tipped tail. She sees Bino's group and how they bully cat lovers; this is her biggest "pet peeve" :lol:. She then makes it clear that she would try to set te record straight, and punch all haters in the face!:twisted: This story will have a mention of 18 Minutes. Her parents are Cindy and George Raymond.

It was a hot summer day in Babylon Garden, many of the residents were probably at water parks, swimming pools, or staying inside with a fan or two in front of them. A moving van, and an SUV drove through the streets. inside were the newest citizens of the ctiy :Cindy Raymond, a beautiful blonde, aged 25, George Raymond, a tall dark haired man, who was 28 years old. Last, but certainly not least, was Angelica, their white husky. Cindy liked to call her Angel ever since she saw it: A small pup's shadow, standing as tall as it could, when a hawk passes overhead. There, Cindy saw a dog with huge, majestic wings!

*ANGEL*

"How far are we?" Angel asked, sounding as disinterested as possible.
George answered,
"Just a block away now, we should see it on the right."
Angel scooted over to the right window and watched all the houses pass by. She noticed a mailbox that had "Sandwich" written on it. Wow was all she thought. They pulled up to their new "humble abode". They all left the car and, unloaded over a hundred labled boxes into their seperate rooms. Cindy, while going upstairs, noticed three other rooms across the hall. One was a bathroom, and the others were bedrooms. She thought it would be nice to let Angel have the smaller room, since she had to sleep in the family foom at the old house.
"Hey Angel? What are you doing, putting your stuff in there?"
Angel was speechless, and thought why shouldn't I? she just said "What do you mean?" Cindy lokked at her with a smirk "You should be putting those up it your new room!" Anger was surprised :o, she didn't even think of that as a possibility.
"You mean it??" Cindy's smirk turned into a grin. "Why wouldn't i mean it?" She showed Angel to her room, it was square, with sky blue walls and a white ceiling. Cindy planned to get a house with an extra room. "I made sure George would find one with a room for you-" Angel wrapped her arms around her, "Thanks, Mom!" She sighed. Cindy huged her back. George passed by and put a small box in the bathroom, then went to the room Cindy and Angel were in.
"Angel," he started "why don't you go out and explore th neighborhood? We can handle the rest." Angel looked uncertain at first, but agreed to it. So she took her iPod with her, and headed out to see the new world.
Last edited by FoxRocks on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Re: Housepets: The Girl

Post by FoxRocks »

I changed the style a bit. How am i doing with this one? :?:
Buy a goat today!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I think you're doing good. :)
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*ANGEL*

Angel found a park bustling with activity. Many other pets were there with their parents. Angel found a nice shady spot with a bench under a large maple tree. She sat down, listened to her music, and took it all in. after a few minutes, a dog approached her.
"Hi, is this seat taken?" He asked. She looked up at him and replied,
"No, it's not." she then removed her legs from the other spot. The dog sat down and opened up a book he had brought with him. He looked at her again and said "I don't think i've seen you around before, you new?" she paused the music.
"Yes, i'm new. Actually we are still moving in, but my Dad let me go out and see the city." The dog put the book down and held out his paw.
"My name is Peanut."
She shook his paw and announced her name,
"Mine is Angelica, but my nickname is Angel."

Peanut seemed interested in knowing the story behind the nickname "Angel". Angel explained the story of her mother seeing her shadow, combined with a hawk's.
"What is your mom's name?" Peanut asked.
"Cindy. My dad's name is George, our last name is Raymond." She knew the questions of her father's name and their last names would come up eveantually. The two talked together for a while, sharing their hobbies and interests. Peanut and Angel both enjoyed reading, although Angel liked to take her time reading it, claiming it could make the story richer. Then, the topic moved to the things they didn't like so much, and this was when Peanut told her about Bino and his group.
"They bully other pets, normally dogs who, they think, are cat-lovers, but sometimes they do it to pets because of their names!" Angel grew angry at this, as it was the one thing she truly dispised...bullies, and a group of them! When Angel was mad, she wasn't much of an angel. :evil:

*PEANUT*

It was very clear to Peanut that Angel got angry, she did a terrible job at hiding it. He wondered if she had an experience with bullies before. Angel began to calm down a bit.
"I'm sorry if I got you mad... are you mad at me?" Angel immediately took it back.
"NO! No, i'm not mad at you... I just hate it when someone is picked on... That can change a dog's life, being picked on." Peanut was afraid to ask, but he did anyway,
"Have you been bullied before?" She looked at him and replied "No, but I know what can happen to someone w...when they couldn't take it anymore..." Angel's voice cracked. It was like an old metal door on squeaky hinges, and those hinges just broke. He tried to comfort her, but she shook him off. Angel spoke up again, calm and determined.
"Who is his closest friend in that group? If i can convince that dog that they are doing wrong, then mabye, he or she can try to stop Bino..." Peanut began to see her plan, and he knew that Bino's closest friend was already hesitant in picking on others.
"Well," he started "his closest friend is Fox, if you see their group, he is the gray husky with dog tags...But he is already somewhat against what Bino does, but has some issues with cat-lovers." Angel knew that he would be the perfect type to work on.
"Good, i'll see what i can do... I will make sure that they won't pick on you, or anyone else!" She began to walk away. Peanut caught the you part.
"WAIT!...I never said that they picked on me." Angel looked back and responded.
"I know, you didn't have to."

*ANGEL*

Angel walked down the streets. She had discriptions of group members, and who they usually target. The iPod she had with her was playing an album by Sick Puppies, and the songs weren't too cheerful. She had the volume almost to max, but she heard a shout. Angel decided to investigate, if it was not because of Bino and his group, then someone could be in trouble.
Angel soon got close enough to hear what they were saying.
"Hey, CAT! Wanna play with some yarn!? I have some right here!" Angel turned to see Bino's group picking on a dog, not a cat. She walked further, pretending not to notice, then ran over to them.
"HEY, What are you doing to him!?" Bino looked at her and sneered, "Who are you to ask such questions litttle lady?" This was ironic, considering the fact that Angel had at least three inched on him.
"Well, who are you to pick on people like that?" Angel and Bino both doged eath other's questions. Bino studied her. "I haven't seen you before, you are not part of the Good Ol' Dogs Club, I never teased you yet, and you are not one of those dogs that hangs in the background...so you're the dog with that new family. "That's right, Bino, I am." Bino's friends and the dog they bullied were both shocked! :shock: Bino seemed a bit suprised, but also shown a hint of challenge. "Well, you know that much, but don't seem to grasp the full picture...Why don't you come to the Good Ol' Dogs meeting tomorrow night? All will be explained there."
Angel thought it over for a minute,
"Good, i'll see if your excuses for your immature and life-threatening behaviors are valid." Bino simply smiled and nodded his agreement.
"Fine, I do hope to see you there. The meeting is at 7:00." Bino and his group left. Angel turned to see the dog looking at her. She spoke in a gentle voice.
"It's all right, I was known for my acting back in my old neighborhood. I kew much more than what I let off." She took out a paw, "I'm called Angel." The dog shook paws with her.
"I'm Tiger..." Angel immediately scolded him.
"NEVER do that to yourself! Don't feel bad about yourself because of what they say!" Angel told Tiger that he, and others should defend themselves, and he told her that they had, but Bino persisted. Angel told him about her plan, and Tiger uderstood.
"So you need to get Fox to stand up against Bino and get him to stop teasing other pets?" Anger suddenly felt uncertain and said "Yes, but I cannot garuntee anyone anything!" Tiger asked Angel one of the most important questions she had heard all day.
"So, what if Fox says no?"

*ANGEL AGAIN*

Angel came home at around 8:00, this was her normal routine, nobody was really worried. George was already in bed, he needed to be up and ready for work at 4:00 am. As Angel was going up the stairs, Cindy inquired,

"How was your day? Meet anyone?"

"Yeah." Angel replied, she was unusually tired, and wanted to avoid such questions.
Last edited by FoxRocks on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Update is after Peanut and Angel introduce themselves.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Tiger is introduced.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Tell me your thoughts, there is always room for improvement! :D
Buy a goat today!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Your grammar is sometimes hard to understand, understandable if English isn't your first language, try and work on it a bit. Feel free to combine all the stories into one, probably will help the flow a bit. Maybe. Spelling is fine, general mistakes, they don't take away from the story so it's fine.

Good story, short reads, easy to get the general feel though I don't really connect with Angel yet. Could be personality or writing style. Either way it's good. Keep up the good work, I look forward to more installations!

This is all just my opinion, feel free to completely disregard it if you want.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Deske wrote:Your grammar is sometimes hard to understand, understandable if English isn't your first language, try and work on it a bit. Feel free to combine all the stories into one, probably will help the flow a bit. Maybe. Spelling is fine, general mistakes, they don't take away from the story so it's fine.

Good story, short reads, easy to get the general feel though I don't really connect with Angel yet. Could be personality or writing style. Either way it's good. Keep up the good work, I look forward to more installations!

This is all just my opinion, feel free to completely disregard it if you want.
Thank you for the advice,
since I turned 18 in March, I should have better writing skills. My excuse is that I am only able to write these stories at night, when nobody has to use the PC. Even then, I have a small amount of time, due to other things in life, like M.C.C.

As for Angel, I'm thinking she's kinda getting into other people's business.you meddling kids!
I'll try to change what I can, but this and my other fanfic are my first stories written outside of school. (& I was in high literature since 6th grade, so I must have rrreeeaaalllyyy slacked off!) :roll:
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*PEANUT*

The weather is not the greatest today. Peanut thought as he strolled through the park. The sun was encased by gray clouds trying to hold in the rain. He approached the bench that he and Angel sat on yesterday. Just as Peanut sat down, Angel came around the corner.

“Hey.” she said in a neutral voice. “Nice weather, right?” Peanut caught the sarcasm.

Angel sat down next to him and opened up a small book. Peanut studied the cover; it depicted a four funneled ship sailing through heavy seas, but the ship was also on fire! He could see the title, and it read: The Thief.

“Who wrote that book?” Peanut asked.

“Clive Cussler” Angel stated. “His books aren’t as good as they used to be though. This one has a character named Issac Bell, who’s traveling on Mauretania with his fiancé. He is also a detective, and…I don’t want to spoil it for you.”

Peanut got excited “Come on, what happens?”

“You could look for it in the library.” Angel told him, but Peanut said he finished ever book in the library.

“Well,” Angel started “I could lend you my copy when I’m done with it. I’m a fast reader.”

Bet your not as fast as me! Peanut thought.

The rain could not be held back any longer, it drizzled at first, but the rain came down harder in a matter of minutes.

“Want to stay at my house until the storm stops?” Peanut offered. “It’s just a block away.”
Angel took the offer; it was much closer to the park than her house.

*ANGEL*

When they arrived at Peanut’s house, it was already pouring. The first thing she noticed was the mailbox with Sandwich written on it.

That’s the house I saw when we were moving in! Angel was a bit surprised that Peanut lived in the Sandwich household, but when she thought of the two words together, it made sense! Peanut Sandwich…peanut butter sandwich! WOW that’s clever…Peanut opened the door and stepped inside. Almost immediately, a woman ran up and hugged him tightly.

“There you are! Where have you been? And who’s this!?” she exclaimed.

“Mom,” Peanut explained, “I was at the park with Angel.” The woman looked at her.

“…Nice to meet you.” they shook hands. (Except Angel has a paw.)

The lady left and a purple cat came up to them, and by the look on her face, she wasn’t happy.

“What took you so long Peanut!? We were starting to worry!” She steamed.

“It’s fine Grape! Nothing happened.” Peanut insisted.

Grape didn’t even notice Angel until just now. “Oh, hello…you were here for all that…”

“Yes.” Angel said under her breath. She held out a paw and stated “I’m Angel, good to know ya!” Grape shook paws with her.

“Pleasure,” she stopped and turned to Peanut. “Can I talk to you for a second?”

“Alright.” Peanut said, and followed Grape around a corner.

Angel managed to indirectly eavesdrop on them, it wasn’t intentional, but she couldn’t pull herself away now, especially since her tail was caught in the door…

“She’s not your girlfriend is she?” Grape snickered.

"Wha-NO!" Peanut said, blushing a bit. "We only met yesterday..."

Grape persisted, "WOW, that was FAST! What's Tarot gonna say?"

"Is something wrong?" Peanut questioned

"Well...she hasn't gone through the orientation yet, has she?" Grape grinned.

"No...Is this that thing Max made up?" Peanut wondered

"Well it's an official thing now, so she's gotta do it." Grape decided.

"Fine," Peanut said. "What challenge does she have to do?"

"Something that plays on whatever fears she has." Grape replied

"Should I tell her when we do it?" Peanut asked Grape.

"Go ahead." Grape hodded to him and Peanut walked back to Angel.

“What’s that?” Angel asked, and pointed to nothing in particular.

“What’s what?” Peanut asked and looked toward the direction Angel was pointing in. Angel quickly opened the door, got her tail out of the way, and then closed it again.

“OH, oh okay, never mind, I know what that is!” Angel stated.

How was this? I copied it from Windows Word to catch any spelling and grammer mistakes. (But not this part). Criticism is expected. :D
Last edited by FoxRocks on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buy a goat today!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Well there's life. Shorts fine now that I know why. You seemed like a pretty good writer so I wondered why you didn't lengthen them.

Now...

This one was short, even expecting shortness, this one caught me off guard with how short it was. Grammar was much better except for one thing that if I actually started to care would make me more of a nitpicker than normal. Very nice story, my only major complaint is the length, but that is an incredibly small complaint in the grand scheme. Very good job. I like this.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

I'll get to work then! It's like, 12:30am, but classes are late today, so I can work a bit longer. I would like to fix as much as possible to help me get back on track.
Buy a goat today!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Please don't waste sleep time too much just because I told you it was short.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

It's no problem, I'll add an extention to the previous post. I have penty of time to do everything I need, & This is good prectice! ;)
Buy a goat today!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Feel free to take more than a few days on each part. Could give you some time to think about stuff or what. Keep on writing though, it's a fun story.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Angel will be going through the orientation that Max & Grape did not make up. This will prolly happen after the Good ol' Dogs meeting she may or may not decide to go to.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*CHAPTER 2: The Reveal

*ANGEL*

The storm subsided, but the weather was still colder. Angel was amazed at how quickly it went from the low 80's to 60's. It somehow reminded her of how fast things can go bad.

"I have to go, I need to get to the Good ol' Dogs meeting." Angel announced.

"Well good! We were gonna go there too!" Peanut said. He looked at Grape, who was smirking.

"We need to tell you something 'important' on the way." Peanut huffed.

The 3 friends walked on the damp road, Peanut explained the "orientation" challenge she would "have" to do.

"You're not trying to add me to a secret society, are you?" Angel joked. That was sooo bad! She thought to herself.

They all arrived at the Good ol' Dogs Club at 6:50. Then they went their seperate ways. I need to look for Fox. Angel thought about what she said to Tiger. She figured that if she found Bino, she would find Fox. After peaking in several places, she found Bino and Fox fighting with each other, and by the sound of it, they fought many times before. Angel left them to deal with each other, sooner or later one wound come out. After a few more seconds of shouting, Fox stormed out and went through the back door.

"Wow," Angel thought outloud, "Bino doesn't get along with anybody does he?"

Angel walked to the back door and thought, Now, DON'T GET ANGRY! I CAN DO IT! JUST KEEP CALM!

Angel slid out the back door without making a sound. She walked up to a spot about 10 feet to the right of Fox. She put her arms over the low fence and sighed. Fox looked over at her, a bit suprised.

"I was such a hothead last time you saw me." Angel began, "I want to apologize for my behavior."

"You defended Tiger." Fox stated. Angel looked over at him, she didn't quite expected to hear that knid of response.

"Why?" Fox asked, "Everyone knows that Bino is just gonna make you his top priority if you get in his way." Angel decided that some might be scared to do anything, or else they would be the next "victim".

"I don't like it when Bino picks on them, but he's my friend..." Fox trailed off.

"But do you get along with him well enough?" Angel countered. Fox looked at her like she was a mind reader.

"...Half the dogs in there could have heard you two." She said.

"I've known Bino since we were pups, but we're so different now, he changed so much." Fox confided.

Angel felt a little sympathy for him, but thought otherwise "Is it him that's shanged, or you?" Angel protested.

Sorry, that's it. There was much more, I worked on this chapter for 3 hours today, but when I posted it, the website said I wasn't logged in. So I logged in, and all of it was deleted. :cry: So I wrote some of the chapter again, and this is what you guys have for now, cuz i'm REALLY hating computers at the moment! :x But I think i'm improving my writing skills! & some concept art of Angel should be in the art forum if a moderator looked at it and gave it the OK!
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

What do you think the "Orientation Challenge" that Max and Grape DIDN'T, I repeat DIDN'T just make up is going to be for Angel?
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

The Story is looking good so far Fox! Keep it up!

Oh, and SHOW THAT COMPUTER WHO'S THE BOSS. :twisted: Computers just love to screw up peoples work.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

THX, I don't know if it involves me using Internet Explorer or not, but now I copy and paste it to Word before submission. I even had a sad backstory put in already!

Stay tuned for more, no idea how long this story is going to be, but it needs to stretch over a few months.

Here is the book that Angel had before the storm hit, and her iPod.totaly not mine!
Attachments
DSC02309.gif
DSC02309.gif (212.38 KiB) Viewed 24948 times
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Quick sketch of Angel herself (concept)
I draw better if I work on it for hours at a time!
Attachments
DSC02311.gif
DSC02311.gif (84.62 KiB) Viewed 24948 times
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*ANGEL*

The Good ol' Dogs meeting ended at 8:00. Everybody left, except for Fido and Bino, who stayed behind to close down.

"I may have not convinced Fox, but I did 'start the fire'." Angel thought aloud. She decided to walk home alone, she liked the silence after having to hear Bino talk half the time. Angel took out her book out, and read as she walked.

"Oh, he wants to marry her on board!" She murmured to herself.

August

*ANGEL*

The sky was clear of clouds, and the semi-warm air blew across the park. Since she arrived at Babylon Gardens back in May, she would always meet Peanut at the park bench where they first met. Most of the time, Angel got there first, but Peanut beat her to it today.

"Hey," Angel smiled, "I finished The Thief, so as promissed, here's my copy."

"I thought you were a fast reader!" Peanut said.

"I am." Angel teased, "But that doesn't mean I didn't want to take my time."

After about 25 minutes, Peanut handed her the book and said he was finished. Angel was dumb founded.

"There is now way it's possible for you to finish this in under a half hour!" She countered. "Name events that happened in all of the sections." Angel commanded.

Peanut did so, and Angel said that he could go into the book of World Records. Angel pulled out her iPod and played an Owl City album. The music was so loud, Peanut could hear it, so Angel took out the earbuds and played it on full blast. Angel asked Peanut a personal question.

"Do you have a crush?" She asked.

"Why?" Peanut gulped.

"Well, most of these songs seem to be about romance, and you kinda looked like you were day dreaming about someone or something...You can tell me." Angel insisted.

"Well...alright, but not here." Peanut started.

"We could go to your house and talk about it." Angel interrupted.

"No, yours might be better." He advised

Peanut and Angel entered the Raymond household.

"Why hello there, Peanut!" Cindy exclaimed.

"Hi Mrs. Raymond." Peanut replied.

"Angel, can you call before inviting friends? Me and George might be busy during any of those times...Oh! I also found the guitar you were looking for!" Cindy smiled.

"Really!? Where was it?" Angel blurted.

"In the one box we never opened. It was one of those 'it's right in your face' things." She chided.

Angel and Peanut went upstairs to Angel's room. Next to her bed, was said guitar, which was white and red, and badly out of tune. Angel began retuning it when Peanut began his story of his love life, which, to Angel seemed like her guitar, "out of tune".

"So...you love Grape, who is going out with Max, and your Tarot appeared at your door one night, and it's only getting harder to tell Grape you love her?" Angel summed up. "THAT would make a good comic, and fanfics!"

"Yes, I just don't know how to say it!" Peanut choked.

"Does she like music?" Angel asked, even though she had been talking to Grape for a while, and knew the answer.

"Yeah, but what-" Peanut was stopped.

"Shh. I have a great idea! If this doesn't work, then nothing will!" Angel was very excited, and was positive her plan would work.

"What is your plan?" Peanut inquired.

"You will sing for her! You can sing right? Have a good voice?" Angel asked.

"W-well I guess, but what doe-" Peanut was interrupted again.

"Do not question it, my young apprentice, I will teach you in the ways of song! So practice as much as you can." Angel affirmed.
She told Peanut to not say a word to anyone, or else Grape would somehow find out. Angel gave him a few lying lessons, because Peanut was such a terrible liar, which was something she liked about him, but she would have to change that for now. They would meet again the next day for the first session.

How's this? It's a bit short. (It seemed longer when I was typing it.)
Buy a goat today!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Seems about the same size as the rest of them, give it take. Looks nice, the pacing seems pretty great. Really nice story, can't wait for the next part.
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

*PEANUT*

Peanut ventured into the Sandwich house and quietly shut the door behind him. He managed to slip into his room without causing a disturbance. He pulled out Angel's copy of The Thief, and began reading, despite him finishing the book, Angel said he might have missed something important, and she was right.

" HE'S A WHAT!?" Peanut barked loud enough to wake up Grape, who was on the other side of the house.

*ANGEL*

The night air was a bit cooler than before, soon fall would come. The first day of September was coming, which meant fall was coming as well. Angel always wanted to leave her window open on cool nights, but George always said they would waste money, because the air conditioning was on, and that air would escape. Angel had the light on, and was hunched over some instructions for playing guitar notes. She decided to stop after a few minutes and practice her singing voice alone. It had been so long since she sang, and she gagged while practicing the exercises! She thought about singing softly, while gradually raising her voice. Good idea. She thought to herself as her voice came out smoothly, singing the lyrics of a song she was always fond of;

"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone,
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer..."

Angel was satisfied with herself after that, and went to bed earlier than usual, to get a head start on her "student's" first day. Even though she had a very good voice, she never made a big deal out of it...her old friend did though

*song is by Christina Perrily*

This was a short update, but it's what I could do.

*UPDATE!!!*

*ANGEL*

The alarm on the clock rang out with a loud BZZ! BZZ! BZZ! Angel woke up scared out of her wits and almost hit the ceiling. "Oh DOG!" she growled to herself, with ears hot with emberassment, despite the fact that she was alone.

"Hmm, 6:30...Peanut should be here at 12:15, so I have lots of time for practice." Angel addressed herself.

The groggy husky made her way down the stairs and found George at the kitchen counter, on his laptop.

"Mornin' Lassie." He joked.

"Good morning Laddie." She clucked. (Authors note: yes, i said clucked!)

"What are your plans today?" George inquired.

"I'm gonna help a friend."

"...I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more-"

Knock-Knock

"..."

Angel slowly put doen her guitar and made her way to the door. She opened the door slightly and asked,

"Yes?" Angel asked timidly.

"Hi, you said I should come at 12:15." Peanut pointed out.

"OH, yes, yeah... uh, come in." She babbled

Peanut looked aroud for a while, than sat down on her bed.

"I love your singing voice!" Peanut squeaked, "How do you get yourself to sound like that?" He exclaimed.

"Through the same thing you will go through-LOTS of practice! Now I want you to sing these lyrics." Angel handed Peanut a slip of paper

(A little off key)
"Breathe and I'll carry you away into the velvet sky
And we'll stir the stars around
And watch them fall away into the Hudson Bay
And plummet out of sight and sound
The open summer breeze will sweep you through the hills
Where I live in the alpine heights
Below the Northern Lights, I spend my coldest nights
Alone, awake and thinking of...the weekend we were in love--"

"STOP! RIGHT THERE!" Angel screamed in his ear.

"ALRIGHT!" He barked back, "How did I do?"

"Well," Angel started, "You were off key for the most part, but at the end you were perfect!"

"So why did you tell me to stop?" He asked

"Cuz you needed to know. Now try to keep that kind of pitch for the most part." She advised, "Soon you will sing so well you could perform on stage!" Angel promised.

Fin of part one of chapter 2.

I'm getting better! ;)

Song On The Wing by Owl City
Last edited by FoxRocks on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm loving this story so far. I hope that I can see more from this soon!
2fab4u

Post by 2fab4u »

I have just finished reading what is here so far and have connected reasonably well with "angel".
loving the story so far keep it up, seeing sick puppies being mentioned is great as well.
Hello, the names Drake :)
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

2fab4u wrote:I have just finished reading what is here so far and have connected reasonably well with "angel".
loving the story so far keep it up, seeing sick puppies being mentioned is great as well.
Thank you! I should probably use their cleaner songs......yeah.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

The update has led to the iminent apperance of another character, as well as a series of not-so unfortunate events! Stay tuned for more. :)
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

:O Another character? I wonder who it could be? Can't wait for the next update to find out!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

I think you know who it is...credit goes to his creator... 8-)
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They might, but I certainly don't. xP
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

I had this idea...What if I made a furry costume of Angel? It sounds like a cool idea, but I'm not gonna buy it from anyone, because the heads alone are $900 or MORE! So It would mainly be a head, tail, paws, mabye a bit or arm and leg. I would have to make it a bit cheap. She would have to wear clothes then, but I don't see anything wrong with that! (If there is anyone w/ a Peanut suit, we should meet up and talk about life. :P)

She would be for cosplay at my school, not Halloween, I have other plans.....
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

CHAPTER 2 PART 2

SEPTEMBER

*ANGEL*

It was now September, fall was coming. It was going to be a little cooler than before, which would be followed by Angel's first Christmas in Babylon Gardens. She had been teaching Peanut to control his vocals better, and although he improved, he didn't have it just yet. Just after Angel and Peanut left her room, Cindy walked up to them.

"Hello," she said with a grin. "I didn't know you could sing so well Angel."

Angel blushed a bit. "T-thank you..."

"No, really!" Cindy exclaimed. "You sing so well, Marilyn Monroe would want your autograph!"

"Moooooom!" Angel's ears were now hot with embarrassment.

The two canines left the house, and Angel walked with Peanut to his house. On the way, Peanut spoke up.

"...Marilyn Monroe, really?"

"PEANUT!"

SEPTEMBER 29

*ANGEL*

Angel woke up from the strangest dream she ever had. She always got frustrated when she couldn't remember them, and this one was no different. All she could remember upon waking up was that it was a pleasant dream, and the image of some dog's face. The groggy dog got out of bed, and stumbled down the stairs.

"Hello sleeping beauty." George smiled.

"Good morning...ah, I’ll think of something later."

Angel and George always called each other names when they woke up, normally sarcastically. It was just for fun, they didn't take it seriously, it actually turned into a game. Cindy never liked it, and the time George tried it on her, she hid the TV remote for 3 days, and after that, she blocked all the sports channels for a week! George was reading the newspaper, and saw that the small house, that had been vacant for sometime, was sold.

"Looks like there will be some new neighbors." George stated.

Cindy new better, "George, they are not really neighbors if they are six blocks away."

The husky left her humble abode to walk around the town. She didn't need to practice with Peanut today, and all she had really seen was the park, the Good Ol' Dogs club, and Peanut's house.

SEPTEMBER 30

*PEANUT*

The Sandwich house was quiet. Most were sleeping, it was 3:00 am. Peanut had gotten up in the middle of the night, after having a dream that up until now, seemed like it would stay a dream forever. Peanut thought of Angel's idea constantly, wondering if it would work. He thought about songs he could sing and how they would fit. He wanted songe that could describe his love for Grape, but he wondered if she would end up hearing them. Now were could I even start? Peanut wondered. He needed the perfect time and place to do it...he didn't know when or where that was, but it could present itself like a gift at any moment.

*ANGEL*

When Angel wasn't with Peanut, listening to music, or reading, she normally just sat around. Recently, she decided to take up modeling when she had absolutely nothing left to do. Now, she had a small part of a New York harbor with a small steamer docked there. The scale was large enough to have small people, and she couldn't help but feel bad when they broke. While she was adding another passenger to the boat, she decided to walk around the town again, maybe she would meet some new people...

The husky had been walking around for about 10 minutes, when she passed that small house her dad had been talking about. A moving truck was there, and she could see some people bringing in the boxes, as well as a black and white dog. She decided to say hi some other time, right now, she had her own things to attend to.
Angel was listening to The Bird & The Worm, by Owl City, and she heard the words
"...The glow in the dark stars on your ceiling
Will shine for us..."

She decided to go to the store and get some glow in the dark paint for her ceiling. Angel got the glow in the dark paint, and while she was there she found some red hair dye, she wanted to remember she had it.

It had been a while since Angel really left her house. Peanut had come over, and they practiced some, but other than that she remained in her room. She was actually painting stars on the ceiling. Although it would normally take an hour at most to put a hundred dots on the ceiling, she was making real star formations. She had the Big Dipper, and other various known patterns painted on, and she actually decided to do the walls too. When she finished her "masterpiece", she looked up at them and enjoyed the new view. She decided to explore the wide world of Babylon Gardens again by following her old route.

"I'M GOING OUT!" She barked to Cindy, who was in the kitchen. Cindy responded with the usual,

"Alright, be sure to be home for dinner!"

Angel walked down the six blocks to that house with the new family. Maybe she could say "hi". It turned out that there was another moving truck there for the next house over. The new guys are rollin' in now! She mused to herself. Angel then heard an excited voice call out the name 'Tera', almost questionably. She then heard singing, as well as sobbing. Se didn't recognize the song, but it was beautiful. When she peeked around the truck with her crimson eyes, she saw a black and white dog holding what appeared to be a calico. Many would have seen it and thought about how wrong it seemed to them, but for Angel, it was nothing but incredibly sweet. She was ready to go over there and give them a friendly welcome, but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Fox coming from the other side. By the look on his face, he was not one who liked this kind of situation. Well, I am I no way surprised...can't seem to accept the facts... Angel never liked people who criticized things such as cat & dog. She turned back, away from the shocked husky and two lovers and clenched the silver locket in her paw. Why did you do it? Angel was fully aware of the anger and sadness rising in her, and she fled the scene, returning to her home.

"You're back earlier that I expected." Cindy exclaimed as she heard the door close. She walked over to find Angel sitting against the door, releasing her tears.

"Honey, what's the matter?" Cindy kneeled down and put a hand on Angel's shoulder. Angel clutched the locket, and Cindy took notice.

"Is this about Anna?" Cindy asked. But right away, she knew that was a mistake, Angel sobbed, and wrapped her arms around Cindy's waist.

"I'm sorry Angel, we all miss her very much..." Cindy's words seemed empty to Angel. Words seemed utterly useless to describe such things. Why did you do it?

This update seemed a little dark, but it explaines why Angel doesn't like groups like Bino's. If you didn't understand, you will soon. Angel did talk to Fox in the prev. chapter about Bino and what-not, but there was no difinitive answer, so Angel does not trust him just yet. :cry:
Last edited by FoxRocks on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Buy a goat today!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

We are at September 30th, and for some, (points finger) this is an important date...
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am enjoying what you have been writing so far a lot. Keep it up!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Another small update. :D
Buy a goat today!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yay for updates!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

Another update, with Angel passing Spark's house as he and his family are moving in.

You should read the fanfic by D3ath_0ps if you haven't already.

I'd give you a link, but it's not hard to click the backwards button and click on his story topic!

~FoxR.
Buy a goat today!
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

All the updates tonight! :P

I would do the same thing If I could. Glow in the dark paint would be SOOOOOOOOOO cool!
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

I have glow in the dark paint and a ceiling........I should do that soon.
Buy a goat today!