Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Houespets! Home Story: Sparks’ Beginning 

Post Houespets! Home Story: Sparks’ Beginning
*(Updated Regularly! Check the posts below the story to see the list of things to do for Parts One and Three and New Updates as well!)*

Part 4: Chapter 4 is now up! Go check it out if you haven't already! :D

If you haven't already read Part One, Part Two, Part Three, and Chapter 1, 2, 3, and 4 of Part Four, they are complete down below past some replies!
---------------------

Welcome to Housepets! Home Stories! This is a fan fiction that I created after coming up with my OC, and main protagonist, Sparks Carlson. This Fic goes back to the year King was just about to set foot in the Gardens, taking place at the start of October. The first parts of the story mainly follow Sparks and his experiences during his first month of being at the Gardens, and start to reveal more about him as the days pass by. Things are changing in Babylon, and it looks like Sparks is experiencing it firsthand…

Background:
I came up with the idea of creating a small backstory for my character after finalizing my one and only drawing of him near the middle of July. Sparks’ name comes from an old nickname an old group of friends gave me which was ‘Sparky’, because of my old dog with the same name and that they thought it would be funny (it was. :P). Before writing the fic itself, I decided to see if HP! had an actual fourm that people could go on to so that they could post something like what I had in mind. Sure enough I found the forums and the fan section where I took a look at the different fan fics out there and tried to see what everything was all about. Fast forward to July 28th, I created an account and posted the first part of my fic! I'm currently still writing my fic and have major plans for it after Sparks' origin is complete, so stick around! There's more epicness in store for the future!

(If you don’t want to see the Cast, go straight to the Fic right below! :D)

Cast:
Sparks Carlson: Male, (Dog) German Shepard/Husky Mix, 3.5 Y/O
Isaac Carlson: Male, Human, 32 Y/O
Isabelle Carlson: Female, Human, 30 Y/O
?

Tera Stevenson: Female, (Cat) Calico, 3.4 Y/O
Stanley Stevenson: Male, (Dog) Bichon Frisé, 25 Y/O
James Stevenson: Male, Human, 40 Y/O
Veronica Stevenson: Female, Human, 39 Y/O
?

Aphrodite Sarantos: Female, Human, 36 Y/O
Nyx Sarantos: Female, (Cat) Tabby, 5.3 Y/O
Hemera Sarantos: Female, (Dog) Great Pyrenees, 4.7 Y/O
Hermes Sarantos: Male, (Cat) Tabby, --
Rose Sarantos: Female, --, --

Apollo (?)
Cadmean (?)
Laelaps (?)

(More to be added later on)

Comments (containing criticism as well) are also appreciated too! There's always room for improvement, and I really hope you guys enjoy the story!

-Houespets! Home Story: Sparks’ Beginning - The Move-

It’s no use. Nobody wants me.

Says a eight month old pup, sitting on his dog bed with his head in his arms, trying desperately to think about anything other than this place. Flashbacks of haunting memories flood his mind as he lies there, remembering the horrible and painful times. It was only five weeks ago that the pup saw his masters and his mom taken by men in black uniforms. The pup was put into the back of a car and the doors were shut behind him. The pup was confused as he sits in the back of the animal control car, Why am I here? Where’s momma? He then starts calling for his mom desperately, but to no avail. They were separated, never to see each other again. Suddenly, reality set back in as the door of the shelter opened.

The pup picked his head up from his arms and begins to wipe the tears away from his black and white coat. It was the start of the young dog’s sixth week at the shelter, and he was struggling to even grasp onto the little hope he has left. He tried to get himself off of his bed in an attempt to look like he would want to be adopted, but he could barely even stand. He then moved his body over to the other corner of the kennel, not even caring anymore about his appearance. He just wanted this to end.

He saw two people, a man and a woman, start to make their trip around the shelter with a worker to guide them. This wasn’t the first time he’s seen this though. He has seen countless humans taking dogs with them from the shelter, only eating away his hopes even faster as dogs leave, one by one. The couple round the final corner of the dog’s section of the shelter, and begin to pass by the pup’s cage. He puts his head in his arms, unable to look anymore. It’s just going to be the same. They’re just going to pass me by. As usual. He thinks to himself. As he searches for the distinct sounds of footsteps in the room, all he could hear was countless dogs, playing in their kennels, trying desperately to make the most of their situations too. Then, he hears the woman start to speak.

“Can I see this one?” she asks.

“You can try,” said the worker as he opens up the cage, “He hasn’t done anything except eat and sleep for weeks. We were starting to worry about ‘im. He won’t even speak to us anymore.”

As the footsteps get closer to him, the pup pick his head up from his arms and sees the human. She then kneeled down to his level and started to speak to him. “Hello,” she began as his ears perk up slightly, “My names Isabelle. What’s yours?”

The teary eyed pup then looks away, not knowing whether to trust the woman or not. Getting no response, she continues. “Let me see, is it… Max? As in Maxwell? It said it on your info sheet on your kennel door. It’s a lovely name.”

The pup cringes at the sound of his name, as the memories from his past fill his mind again. He digs his head deep into his arms as tears start to drop down his face and onto his arms. “You seemed to be troubled, little one. What’s the matter? You can tell me. I won’t bite”

He lifts his head from his arms and looks in the human’s direction. She cares so much. He thinks to himself as the human reaches out to him for a hug. Do I matter that much? She’s just like… Mom. She’s… j-just like her. He then starts to sob as he stands up and quickly staggers over to the kind human. They both connect as she wraps her arms around him tightly and he starts to cry harder, like she’ll never let him go. Then he feels the human’s head start to turn toward the man and the worker. “Isaac, sweetie,” she said, “I think that I’ve made up my mind.”

The pup looks up at the human with his jaw dropped. Did… Did she just say… She did! He then smiled wide as his tail starts to wag back and forth wildly, almost hitting the human. As tears of joy start to fall on his new owner’s shirt, she then spoke once more, “There you go. See? Was that hard?” She then picked him up off of the ground. “Come on, let’s get you home.” Before they could leave, the couple, worker, and the pup who regained his hope, enter the office to finalize the adoption.

As the door to the office closes, the worker breaks the silence. “So,” he starts, “We need to go over some things to finalize the adoption of Maxwell today.” The pup cringes again. This time, the humans take notice. “First, what would you like to do, give him a new name, or keep the one he has already?”

The pup looks at the humans eager to see their response. Please don’t keep my old name. He hopefully thinks to himself. Isabelle looks at Isaac and then back at the pup in her lap. She thinks for a moment, then a spark of inspiration hit her.

“How about… Sparks? What do you think Ise?”

The pup looks at Isaac, waiting for a response. “I like it, what do you think, Sparks?”

Sparks. He thinks. I like it. Then, with everyone’s eyes on him, he responds in a shakily tone. “I like it.”

“Then it’s settled.” The worker confirmed. “His new name will be Sparks. Now if you will sign here and pay up, the adoption will be complete.” The couple both signed their names onto the document and gives the worker a slip of paper to finalize the deal. “Alright Mr. and Mrs. Carlson, that should about do it. Enjoy your new family ‘Sparks.’”

Sparks and the couple leave the building and make their way to the car. Sparks couldn’t believe it. Just today he thought that all hope was lost, then suddenly found it amidst the rubble. Isabelle opened the car door and Sparks climbed into the back seat, eager to see his new home. “I hope you like long rides, because it’s going to take a little while to get back to the flat.”

Sparks didn’t mind. As long as he had a family and a home, that’s all he needs. The car pulls out of the shelters parking lot and now homeward bound. The ride home had all sorts of sights to see like mountains, feral animals, and all of the trees; Sparks was blown away. Isabelle takes out her camera and captures a picture of Sparks. Twenty minutes fly by as the family comes up to a bridge. “Isabelle,” Sparks asks, “Where are we going?”

“You can call me mom sweetie. It’s ok. We’re going to a city called New York. You ever hear of it?” Sparks shakes his head. Isabelle then goes into detail on New York, what they do, and their new home. She explains that they are known artists and they take photos as their job. Not only that, but she also tells him that they have their own flat near the heart of the city, only exciting Sparks more.

Before Isabelle is done talking, Sparks’ attention diverts towards the buildings as they enter into the city. He couldn’t believe how tall they were! He then started to see more and more people flood the sidewalks as they get further into the city. While Sparks gazes at the city, Isabelle, continues to describe and point out buildings. Then, the car turns into a structure and stops at the gate. Isaac flashes a card to the keeper and waves him though. Sparks catches his face, and waves hello to the man. The man notices and replies with the same action to Sparks. The car continues up the structure until they stop in a parking spot marked with yellow lines on the ground. “We’re here.” Isaac says.

Isabelle opens the door for Sparks and he jumps out. “Sparks,” Isabelle says as she open up a plastic bag in her hand, “I have to put a collar and leash on you now. You can hold the leash if you want.”

“Sure mom.” Sparks replies as she puts it on. Both the leash and the collar match appearing as a stunning red color on Sparks.

They all walk together as they enter the lobby of the building. The room looks intricate and fancy to Sparks, seeing this for the first time. The family then goes into the elevator and goes up to the top floor. They then step off of the elevator and walk down the hall, to the left and come to a door. Isaac then digs for his key that’s nestled deep into his pocket. After a minute of searching, he pulls out the key to their home. “Welcome home, Sparks!” Isaac says as he opens the door.

Sparks walked in and was amazed at what he saw. The room looks huge with its glass windows overlooking the river and glass staircase leading to the second story. “You like it?” Isabelle asks. “I can show you your room if you want.” Sparks agrees and follows her up the stairs. She then leads him to the first door on the right in the hallway and opens the door to let Sparks check out the room.

As Sparks sets foot in his new room, he couldn’t believe his eyes. In his room, he had a Full sized bed with two end tables on each side and had a desk with a computer at the wall near the door with a mirror right beside it. Sparks then turns toward Isabelle with a tear in his eye. He then runs up to Isabelle and hugs her tightly. Not knowing what to say, he just says, “Thank you so much, mom.”

“Your welcome sweetie. Make yourself at home. Just, make sure you use the bathroom and not our walls or floors, ok?” She says with a hint of jokiness in her voice.

“Mooommm!” Sparks says embarrassed.

It was clear that Sparks was going to love it at his new home. About a week later, he showed his parents that he could sing by singing a song called “Blackbird” by The Beatles, note for note. When he was finished, Isaac and Isabelle were amazed. “Where did you learn how to sing sweetie?” Isabelle asks him.

Sparks then freezes in his place as his ears drop. He figured it out. Back when he was with his mother, his real mom, there were times that he couldn’t sleep because the owners were fighting. What she would do was sing to him and he would fall right to the arms of the sandman. Then as he come back to reality, he found himself on the ground crying. “I-it was my m-mom. She used to sing to me when I couldn’t sleep.”

As Isabelle rushes over to comfort the now saddened Sparks, He realized that even though he misses his mother, and he will never forget her, but he has someone now to help cover the hole that was once filled by his mother.

After he showed his parents his talent they get an idea for a collar for Sparks. They call a local collar making company in the city and place a special order for Sparks to be delivered to the flat. A week passes by and the package comes in the mail, waiting to be opened. “Sparks!” Isaac calls, “We have a surprise for you!”

He rushes down the stairs and into the living room where both his mom and dad are waiting holding a package. “What’s this?” Sparks asks.

“Why don’t you open it and find out?”

Sparks is handed the box and he begins to open it. When he finds out what’s inside, his jaw drops. He then picks up the collar with the bass clef ID tag dangling from it. As he holds it in his hands, Sparks feels joy, sadness, and love all at the same time. Then, he smiles wide and says as he puts it on, “This. Is. AWESOME. I love you guys so much! Thanks!”

“Your welcome sweetie. By the way it was my idea.” Isabelle says jokingly

“Oh, ha ha.” Isaac responds as Sparks comes to hug them both.

Sparks was now definitely sure of it. His new family was the best.

Over the next two years, while Sparks makes music with his gift of the voice in his mini recording studio, graciously given to him by his new family, Isaac and Isabelle travel NYC, searching for new places, people, and sights to take marvelous pictures of with Sparks by their side.

One day, on and muggy September morning, Sparks woke up to his mom and dad and this mentioned place called “Babylon Gardens” once more. Ever since the writer of the Pridelands series, Ms. Auburn, paid a visit to their flat, there has been more talk about this place. Miss Auburn was a friend of the Carlson's ever since they were children and paid visits to them when she could. Sparks lazily walks down the stairs and is greeted at the bottom by Isabelle. “Good morning Sparks!”

“Morning!” the three year old dog replies as he stretches out and yawns like he normally does in the mornings. And in the Afternoons. As well as the nights. Sparks seems to have this cat side when it came to naps for some reason.

“So, Sparks,” Isaac said, “Isabelle and I were thinking about moving us from our flat to a quiet place in the suburbs called Babylon Gardens. I hear that a lot of pets mingle around there. What do you think?”

Sparks didn't know what to think. Although he loves his own space, he always hates the sounds of the city because they have always kept him up at night. On some occasions he tried to listen to music to knock him out, but to no avail. He always wanted to tell them, but he always decided against it because it didn’t really seem to matter. He thought about this and then comes up with his opinion. “It sounds nice. When do we start packing?

“Well,” Isabelle said, “There’s a house just near the end of the street here. It’s got three bedrooms, two bathrooms and garage as well! I’ll call and make an offer.”

A day goes by as the family waits for a call back from the sellers. At about noon, the phone rings and Isaac picks it up. “Hello?” He asks as receives the call. “Yes this is them. Yes,” he then turns in excitement and mouths ‘we got it’ to us as we cheer silently in the background. “Alright, ok, yes. Ok, Have a fantastic day. Goodbye.”

“We got it?!” Sparks asks with excitement.

“We got it! We can leave tomorrow if we want!”

As the family celebrates, they begin the process of packing up their things into boxes. Isaac calls a moving company to help with moving their stuff, as well as the apartment’s office to inform them that they were leaving tomorrow. It takes them all night to pack everything up and they get everything near the front door. The next day at nine in the morning, the moving crew comes and busts down all the furniture that they could and move it to the van parked at the front of the building. By 1 o’clock all of the boxes, furniture, and parts are packed into the van.

With the flat empty with only Sparks and Isaac inside, they take one final look at this place before they depart. Then, Isaac breaks the silence. “Ready to go Sparks?” Isaac asks.

“Yeah.” He replies.

As the two make their way to the car, they Isaac speaks to Sparks. “It’ll be a great change you know,” Isaac said with Sparks’ gaze fixed on him now, “You’ll get to see more dogs as well as cats. You’ll love it.”

“Y-yeah.” Sparks said with a hint of anxiousness in his voice. Sparks then recalls his life back at the shelter. Ever since his time there, he always had this lingering shyness or anxiousness about speaking to other dogs and animals. He thinks that it may have developed when he was at his final weeks there. Although despite his nervousness, he was going to make the most of this new change and then makes a goal to attempt to socialize outside of his new house when he arrives.

The two of them enter the car and begin their journey to their new house. “Did I mentioned that it’s going to be a three hour drive?” Isabelle asks as both Isaac and Sparks groan. This was doing to be a long road ahead of them.

About halfway through the drive, the family decided to stop and stretch their legs as well as their appetites. As he entered the rest stop with his leash in hand, Sparks enters a one of the convenient stores and spots some bracelets. Using some leftover allowance money that he saved from the daily flat-work, he bought two bracelets. One of these bracelets was a thin strap of leather that was bound together by some blue and tan colored rope and the other had a stone in the center of it carved with a peace sign and was bound together by string with long loose straps at the end of it. Once the family was all set with food, snacks, and their “business”, they set out once again for their new home.

After about two hours of driving, they pull into the street of their new house. “Look at all of the dogs and cats!” Isabelle said. Sparks looks out of his car window to see countless dogs and cats playing, enjoying the last few days of warm weather before it turns cold. The car then pulls up to the font of the house with the van tailing past them, trying to pull into the driveway of the home backwards. Sparks opens the door and starts to stretch out as he exits the car. He takes a moment to look around the block seeing what was going on. He could already feel his anxiety starting to kick in. After observing his surroundings, he then tries to help everyone unpack and set up everything, but was stopped by Isabelle. “Don’t worry about the boxes sweetie. We can handle this. Why don’t you walk down the sidewalk and see if you can’t find a friend to hang out with? Oh, and be back by dinner at seven.”

Sparks left the family and the movers to do their job and walks down the block, looking for something to do. As he was walking, he notices a dog further down the sidewalk, appearing the same age if not a little older then him, walking the opposite direction. He has a yellow bandana and what appears to be a black collar with dog tags around his neck as he walks with his arms behind his back. The moment when they are about to cross paths, the dog with the yellow bandana waves at Sparks. Not to be rude, he replies with the same action, only with a hint of nervousness and uncertainty. After they cross, questions flow through Sparks’ mind as he quickly glances at him and then back in front of him, Who was that dog? Was he waving at me? Maybe I should have said somethi--. He was then cut off by the same dog that he just passed.

“Hey wait up!” The dog said as he stops in front of the now startled Sparks, “Aren’t you the new dog in the neighborhood?” Sparks nods his head as nerves prevent him from saying anything. “Well then in that case, welcome to the neighborhood, I’m Fox. What’s your name?” Fox asks.

“Sparks.” He said quietly.

“Huh? I didn’t catch that, could you say it again? Don’t worry, I don’t bite.”

Sparks’ ears perked. That’s the same thing that was said to him back at the shelter, a year and a half ago. “Sparks.” He repeated.

“Nice to meet you Sparks! Since you’re the new guy, I’ll let you sniff first.” Fox insisted as he stuck his hind quarters near Sparks.

Out of respect, Sparks sniffs Fox and lets him do the same. It seems like this friendship is coming to a great start, Sparks thinks to himself. “So, is there anything to do around here?”

“Sure there is! Come on I’ll show you!”

Fox then shows Sparks a variety of games and activities to play such as tug-of-war, snatch the squeaky bone, and just regular old tag. The fact that Sparks actually had a friend to play games with made this one of the greatest moments of his life! Sparks, remembers back at New York when there was nothing really to do. His dad showed him how to play a card game called Magic: the Gathering and they played that while Isabelle was out taking pictures. As they tire from all the physical activity, they find a nearby tree to sit down at.

“Say Fox?” Sparks asked panting.

“Yeah Sparks?” Fox replied panting as well.

“This was the most fun that I've ever had before. I just wanted to say, thanks.”

“No problem! Say, we can do this tomorrow if you want, or do you want to come with me to the ‘Good Ol’ Dogs Club’ meeting?”

As long as Sparks had someone to hang out with, he didn’t care either way. “Either one is fine.”

“Alright. Hey, don’t you have to be home by dinner?”

“Yeah. I guess I should get going then; it should be around that time. I gotta set up my bedroom at some point right?” Sparks says as he sits up from his spot on the tree.

“I guess. I’ll see you tomorrow then!” Fox responds as he also lifts himself up off the tree and back on the sidewalk.

“See ya!” Spark says as they both wave farewell.

He looks away from Fox and starts heading in the direction of his new home. Sparks feels overjoyed that he made a new friend on the first day at his new home. He can already tell that moving here was going to be the best time of his life.

END OF PART ONE

(Fox and my character designs inspired by Housepets!)

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 54 times in total.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Houespets! Home Story: Sparks’ Beginning
Great job D3ath_0ps. Can't wait for more.

Welcome to the forums by the way. :)

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks Saturn! :D

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Smiley McSmiles

Hey, this is looking good. Sparks is a real sweety. :D
Do you mind critique, or were you just looking to get this out?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 am

I wanted to post what I had so far so I could get the first part, or the origin of Sparks, finished so I could come up with ideas for the next story. Maybe a little bit of critique as well. :P

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:57 am
Profile WWW

A good thing to note is that I changed the age of Sparks by one year. I just found out about the amount of years compared to humans and dogs is about 3.5 years on average (In the Housepets! universe) so Sparks is now about 10 years old in dog years!

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 am
Profile WWW

A little update to my progress of the story:

- Part 2 Story Notes COMPLETE! FINALLY.
- Title Made for Pt. 2
- Part 2's Story is complete! (3:08 AM, 7/24/14)

To-do:

- Rewrite Part One. I know it could be a lot better.
- Finalize what characters fit where, when will they be introduced, and small/improtant details. (Part 2 yes, 1 no.)
- Edit, Re-Edit, Revise Final Draft (Starting Now for Part two! :D)
- Post Final Copy of Pt. 2

Thinking Fuel So Far (Pt. 2):

- Two bags of Popcorn
- Four Cans of Root beer and a Bottle of Pepsi
- 0 Cups of Coffee
- Five Bottles of Water

Final amounts to be posted at the bottom of the second part.

Contemplating re-writing Part One. I feel that it could be better and deserves to be written better. What do you guys think?

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:30 am, edited 14 times in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Smiley McSmiles

D3ath_0ps wrote:
Maybe a little bit of critique as well. :P
Muahahaha!!! You're doom is at hand! :twisted:

*Ahem*

I just wanted to note that it can really throw a reader around when you keep switching tenses. Try to narrate the story either in the past tense or present tense, else it gets a little whiplashy. ;)
I shall now eagerly await the next installment :D

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Obbl wrote:
D3ath_0ps wrote:
Maybe a little bit of critique as well. :P
Muahahaha!!! You're doom is at hand! :twisted:

*Ahem*

I just wanted to note that it can really throw a reader around when you keep switching tenses. Try to narrate the story either in the past tense or present tense, else it gets a little whiplashy. ;)
I shall now eagerly await the next installment :D

Yeah, I tend to have a little bit of trouble with that. XP I'll take another look at it and correct some things (Edit: Fixed! I hope...). If there is anything else I should note, please by all means tell me. I aim to improve all the time! Thanks!

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 pm
Profile WWW

Post Housepets! Home Story: Sparks - The “Good” Ol’ Dogs Club
Hey guys! Welcome to Part Two of Four of Sparks' Origin Story! As I finish formatting and editing this part, I have come to the decision to redo the First Part, delaying the Third part until that's finished. Until then, Enjoy Part One up above, and Part Two down below!

Now, FOR THE MAIN EVENT. HEEEEERRRRRREEEESSSS THE FAAAAN FIIIIIC! *Audience Screams*

-Housepets! Home Story: Sparks' Beginning - The "Good" Ol' Dogs Club-

The second day of Spark’s new life at Babylon Gardens was just beginning as he awoke from his deep slumber with his bed sheets halfway on the ground. The groggy three year old dog sat up off of his bed and begins to rub his eyes, attempting to wake himself up further. Just as he was about to stretch out like he normally did in the mornings, he glanced over at the clock that was beside his bed to find that it was almost twelve o’clock in the afternoon. He then finishes his stretch, retrieves his collar from the drawer of his end table and puts it on, and makes his way out of his room to the kitchen to find something to eat.

As he comes down the stairs and around the corner to the kitchen, he finds a note on the dining room table. Sparks stops at the table and turns his head in confusion. What’s this note doing here? He thinks to himself as Flashbacks of Isaac teaching him how to read and write when he was a pup fill his mind. After this moment of thought, he picks up the note and begins reading.

Hey Sparks! We’ll be out for a bit to take pictures around the neighborhood. Hope you don’t mind! We left you a bowl of kibble on the counter just in case you’re hungry. See you when we get back!
~ Isabelle & Isaac ~

As Sparks sets the note down, he glances over at the counter. Just as the note said, there was the food right on the counter. Lunch. Perfect. Thanks guys! He thought to himself as he grabs the bowl and brings it to the table.

Sparks then sits down and eats his kibble as he contemplates what to do for today. While he’s thinking, thoughts of Fox flood his mind. He then remembers about what he said just before he left the day before, the promise to go to the Good Ol’ Dogs meeting. Not only does he want to get some music done today, but he wants to hang out with Fox. He mentally creates a schedule for himself, looking at all the possible things he could be doing today. Then, he thinks of a solid schedule. The first step is to start working on his music and making sure everything’s set up correctly in his little studio.

Before Sparks left the kitchen to make music, he first wrote a note out to Fox if he were to come to the house. After the note was written out, he then stuck it to the front door and unlocked it. As Sparks makes his way to his studio that was set up in the room next to his, he then started to think about what he wanted to do. Just as quick as he questioned this, he got a ‘spark’ of inspiration. He then rushed over to his seat at his workstation and powered up his computer. While the computer was booting up, he takes down notes of what he thought up. Ok, start out with an old videogame type of intro, then buildup, then a pixelated sound of background instruments while singing was going. As he finished writing down his notes, Sparks thought to himself, Great start so far. He then opens his music making program on his booted up computer and puts on his headphones, ready to make music like he did at his old flat in New York.

About three hours of frustrating, tedious, and worthwhile music making passed by before Sparks’ eyes as he reviews the work he’s done so far. Although he knows that completing this new song is far from over, he starts from the beginning of the track eager to listen to what he’s accomplished today. Just as he’s about to hit play, he hears his name being yelled though his headphones. It was Fox! He then quickly set down his headphones and rushed down to see Fox waiting at the front door. “Hey Fox!” Sparks eagerly greeted.

“Hey Sparks! Whatcha doing upstairs?”

“Oh nothing. I was just doing some music stuff.”

“You’re into music?”

“Yeah, I… uh… like to remix and make songs.”

“Really? That sounds cool! Can I see?”

“S-sure. Follow me.” Sparks nervously replied.

No one has ever looked at his music before besides Isabelle and Isaac. On the inside, Sparks’ anxiety jumps to very high levels. How’ll he like it? Will he hate it? What if he laughs? Sparks thinks nervously to himself. He then leads Fox to the miniature studio and lets him take a look. When Fox set his eyes on the memory-foam-covered walls with the workstation in the corner, his mouth drops. Sparks’ guess was that this had to have been the most intricate room he’s ever been in. Sparks lets Fox look around the room while he sets up a track to play from his computer. Once he has a file to play, he turns around from his computer, offers Fox the chair and gives some information about the song he chose.

“So, this song is a remix of one of my favorite artists, Wolfgun. He’s got some really cool electronic music and I’ve done some of his popular songs too.” Sparks explains as he presses the play button. “Hope you like it. It’s called Metatron.”

The song starts out with oh’s as the song continues to build. Next, the bridge comes in with Sparks on the vocals, one of his favorite parts. After the end of the chorus comes the part that Sparks is worried about, the high part. This high part has been tough to hit ever since his voice changed when he was two, and continues to be a struggle even today. Despite this, as he listens, the high part goes off without a hitch and the song continues to play. He also notices that Fox’s foot has been taping the entire time, so he at least had him interested. Once the entire song plays, Fox turns towards Sparks. What will he say? Sparks anxiously thinks to himself.
“Sparks,” Fox starts, “That was amazing! I didn’t know you could sing!”

Sparks, grateful and embarrassed, said “Really? Th-thanks! Yeah, it’s been with me ever since I was young.”

“That’s really cool!”

“Thanks,” Sparks paused, then remembered, “Didn’t you want to play a little before this meeting?”

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me! Sure we can play for a little bit if you want.”

“Cool, let me finish up here and I’ll meet you outside.”

“Alright, see you out there.” Fox says as he heads for the front door.

Sparks shuts down and saves his work as he begins to leave. He glanced at his computer one more time to double check if he didn’t leave anything on or open. Once this is finished, he makes his way to the front door. As he nears it, he finds Fox sitting on the porch waiting for him. Then Fox’s ears perk and he sits up and turns toward Sparks. “Ready?” He asks.

“Yep.” He confirms as they make their way down the sidewalk.

As they walk, they both talk about music and what they listen to. Apparently, Fox likes to listen to more calming music, but has a taste for alternative and electronic once and a while. When he asks what kind of music Sparks listens to, he says that he really doesn’t have any preference; he likes to listen to everything. Just as they were about to reach the cul-de-sac, Fox looks over at a building to his left. Sparks saw that there were dogs everywhere inside, outside, and around the structure.

“Look’s like they started early. I guess we can play after the meeting, right?”

“Yeah I guess” Sparks replies as his palms begin to sweat.

This would be the ultimate test of his will. Ok, don’t panic. There are about 50 dogs in there, but don’t panic. Sparks tells himself. He follows Fox over to the building and goes inside. At that moment, Sparks’ eyes grow wide, his hands start to shake, and he started to breath rapidly. Before his condition gets any worse, he then quickly made it outside and started to calm himself back down. He thought that maybe if he were to see the room filled with dogs and have a panic attack now, maybe this will avoid further ones down the road. Just as he was about to sit down next to the front door of the club, Fox comes and sits next to him.
“Sparks, what’s wrong? What happened?” He asks.

Sparks then tells him about the time he was in the shelter when he was younger and about what happens if he’s in a large groups of people or animals. “So ever since then, I just get nervous around people, and when that happens, my brain starts to panic.”

“You should have told me before we went in there! I’m your friend right? I can help calm you down if you need too.”

“I should have told you. Hey, at least you know now right?” he said jokingly.

“Yeah I guess. Are you ready to go back inside? I got a friend you should meet.” He asks Sparks.

Sparks breaths for a second and attempts to calm his nerves. “Sure, I’m ready.” He says as he follows Fox inside.

When he entered back into the room, it was clear that everyone was having a great time. There were dogs of all shapes, sizes, and not to mention all of the different smells, everywhere in the room. As Fox guided him through to another section, Sparks takes his time to assess and look over the place. Then, Fox stops and greets this other dog in front of him. He looks like he exercises everyday with the amount of muscle on him. Fox then turns towards Sparks. “Sparks, I would like you to meet Fido, the founder of the Club.”

Sparks looks over at Fido and says with a shaky tone, “Nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” he replied as they exchange sniffs. “So I hear that you’re the new dog in the neighborhood, is that right?”

“Y-yeah; just moved in yesterday.”

“Nice. Can’t wait to see you around the neighborhood Sparks. Listen, I hate to leave in the middle of the conversation, but I have to start the meeting. I hope I’ll see you around then.”

“Same. Nice meeting you Fido.”

“You too.” He responded as he made his way to the stage.

“Well that wasn’t that bad right?” Fox remarked.

“No, it wasn’t, surprisingly.” Sparks shockingly said.

“Good. Oh hey, did you know that he’s also the leader of the K-9 unit?”

“No, I didn’t.” That explains why he’s so buff. Sparks thought to himself.

“Oh, the meeting’s about to start.” Fox pointed out as Fido took the stage.

“Hello everyone!” Fido announce clearly. “Welcome to the meeting, first up, I would like to introduce a new member that just moved in yesterday. Everyone give a big welcome to Sparks!”

As Fido pointed Sparks out in the crowd, Sparks waved to the large amount of eyes that were now staring at him. Then, the crowds focus returned to their leader, ready to speak once again. Before Sparks could focus back on Fido, Fox nudged Sparks and whispered, “I have to see someone really quick, you mind being on you own for a second?”

“Not at all.”

“Good. I’ll be right back.”

While Fido speaks to the crowd and Fox away doing whatever, Sparks’ attention suddenly catches the treats table, located in the back of the room. Sparks makes his way over to the table and reaches in for a treat out of hundreds in the bowl in front of him. Then, to the right of him, he sees a purple hand reach for the treats as well. He looked over to see what body was accompanying the hand now reaching for the bowl and was shocked to see what he saw. It was a cat, looking a little older than him eating a freshly picked treat. Her tag on her chest resembled a fish and her collar was a darker shade of purple, complimenting her fur. Then deciding that he should expand his social circle, Sparks inhales and exhales and starts to speak. “Hello.”

“Look, if you going to ask why I’m eating a dog biscuit, I like them. Sue me.”

“I wasn’t going to ask, I was just trying to say hello. I saw that all the time back at my old place. Anyways, I should probably introduce myself. I’m Sparks.”

“Oh, so you’re the new guy?”

“Yep.”

“Well, then hi, I’m Grape. I’m here with my ‘brother’ Peanut. Wait, aren’t you afraid of talking to me? Aren’t you afraid of people accusing you to be a cat lover, or something?”

“Not really. I was taught by my mom and dad that I should always be friends with anyone I meet, granted that I’m not being shy or antisocial that day or the person that I’m talking to doesn’t look like their friendly.”

“You seem to be very smart for your age.”

“I try at least. I-I mean, I’m not trying to sound ignorant or anything-”

“Your fine. I got it. I’ve got to go, wouldn’t want anyone to suspect anything. Nice meeting you… Sparks.”

“Same, Grape.”

The cat walks off towards the other side of the room and disappears into the crowd of people. As Sparks stands there thinking about what just happened, he came to a surprising conclusion, Grape is the first animal that he has actually spoken with without anyone to help him. Back at New York, Sparks got to speak with all kinds of cats and dogs of owners that Isaac and Isabelle knew, so speaking to cats is not really a big deal in his mind. He would have to watch it here though, it seems that being labeled a “cat-lover” is not something to be proud of. Sparks then focuses his attention back up on Fido, who was still tending to the crowd of dogs. Then, Sparks picked up on something that peaked his interests.

“So the Halloween party is almost a month away and we’re looking for dogs that may have any Halloween related music that they could play at the party. If you do have some music that could be played, please speak with me at the end of the meeting.”

This is perfect! Sparks thought to himself. I could ask if I could DJ at the party! They have a stage and everything too, so all that I would need to set up is the sound system!

As the meeting comes to an end, a majority of the dogs leave and some stay behind. Sparks tries to make his way over to Fido, who got off at the front of the stage. He pushes through the crowd, occasionally accidently bumping into people before finding Fido right in front of him. He makes his way over to him, waiting for conversations to end before he interjects his voice. Finally, as people leave, Fido then turns Sparks’ way; although, he could feel that someone besides Fido was watching him.

“Hey Sparks, what’s up”

“Hi Fido!” Sparks began. It’s like he was getting more comfortable with the people around him. “I was wondering, are you looking for people to help with music at the Halloween party?

“Sure am! Do you have anything to play at the party?”

“Sort of. I was wondering if I could manage the music at the party. I could use other’s music and add some of my own in to liven up the party. I even have everything to make this happen too. What do you think?”

Fido contemplated Sparks’ odd request as the eagerness for a response rose. He could tell that Fido looked interested. Then Fido decided. “Sure why not! But before anything’s official, I need to see what you’ll do first. You mind if I just get a preview?”

“N-not at all! If you come to my house, I can show you what I could do at the party.”

“Great! Can’t wait to see.” Then Fido looks somewhere behind Sparks. “I have to run. I’ll see you tomorrow Sparks!”

“See ya!”

Awesome! Sparks thought, Now I just have to get a quick little preview made for Fido then I’ll be all--

He was then cut off mid-thought as he was tapped on the shoulder. When he turned around, he saw a dog that looked like Fido, except with droopy ears, and a B on the ID tag on his green collar. There were two other dogs by his side as well; like body guards.

“So I hear that you wanna run the music at the party.” The dog said.

“Yep,” Sparks responded with excitement. “I feel that I could do it. It’s not that difficult.”

“That’s nice,” the dog smirked. “Allow me to introduce myself, I’m Bino. The co-founder of the club. Say, what’s your name again?”

Sparks doesn’t like this situation one bit, but he complies anyway, seeing that Bino is the co-founder. “Sparks.” He says clearly.

“Sparks huh. You mean Sparkles? As in a cat’s name?” He said, ridiculing the defenseless Sparks as his posse snickers. “This cat-lover probably can’t even sing for the life of ‘im.” He then tries to ‘imitate’ Sparks by ‘singing’ aloud. Sparks starts to form tears in his eyes as he continues to be mocked with countless eyes traced right on him. “What’s the matter Sparkles? Can’t take the heat?”

Sparks now has tears coming down on his face like a waterfall. Before he could be mocked any further, Sparks rushes out of the room to the outside, just as he was at the beginning of the event. What did I do? Why did I deserve that? I can’t believe this. Sparks thinks to himself as he continues to sob quietly in his arms. Then out of nowhere, Fox comes right beside the defenseless Sparks for comfort.

“What happened?!”

Sparks lifts his head slightly off of his arms so that he could be audible. “B-bino.”

Fox then gets this angry look in his eye as he stands back up. “Wait here.”

He rushes back into the room and as Sparks remains where he is, he overhears some mumbling between Fox and Bino. He couldn’t make out what they were saying, but it was clear that Fox was at least standing up for Sparks. Fox then comes back out of the room to the outside to find Sparks, still there.

“Let’s go Sparks. I think it’s about time to go home anyway.”

The two of them stand back up as Sparks wipes away the tears from his fur. The two walk back down the sidewalk and talk about the meeting.

“So,” Sparks says as he sniffles one final time. “I might be in charge of the music at the Halloween party.”

“That’s great! Do you have any idea what you’re going to play besides Halloween music?"

“Hold on, there’s one thing that I have to take care of first. I have to show Fido my skills at actually running music tomorrow, so I’ll know by then."

“Cool.”

“Yeah. So what did you say to Bino back there?”

“Oh, nothing. Don’t worry about it. Let’s just say that if he tries to mess with you, he’ll have to answer to me.”

“Good. I had a bad felling about him even before we started talking, but since he said he was the co-founder of the club, I wanted to act friendly.”

“He only runs it when Fido’s not around, which is only a little bit of the time, so don’t worry.”

“Alright.” The two make it to the front porch of the Carlson house and stop at the front door. “So if I have time tomorrow, could we play for a bit?”

“Sure thing. If you want to play anytime, my house is right across the street from where the club meets. Ok?”

“Yep. Thanks again Fox.”

The two hug and say their final goodbyes for the night. Sparks opens up the door to find Isabelle and Isaac watching a movie together in the living room. He is then greeted by Isabelle.

“Hey Sparks! Hanging out with Fox?"

“Yeah. Crazy night tonight. What are you watching?”

“We were just watching Finding Nemo. Wanna join?

“Sure!” Sparks says as he finds a spot on the couch.

Looking back at what happened today, Sparks is glad to have a friend like Fox. Without him, tonight would have ended way differently than he could have imagined. Now he has to prepare for the next adventure, prepping for the Halloween party.

END OF PART TWO

Song that was Mentioned:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOWRAudBWI)

Sparks' Cover? Maybe. :P

Official Thinking Fuel Tracker 2000 (Because 3000's overrated):

-Two Bags of Popcorn
-Four Cans of Root Beer
-A bottle of Pepsi
-Five Bottles of water
-Two bags of chips (Cheetos Specifically. ^w^)

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:10 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Housepets! Home Story: Sparks - The “Good” Ol’ Dogs Club
Updates! Woo!

Things Completed:

-Part 2

Things To Do:

-Reconstruct the Story for Part One
-Restart Part One
-Edit, Revise, and Reread Part One
-Repost Part One (Just Replace it or Create a New Post. Prob just Replace.)
-Start and Complete the Story Notes for Part 3
-Start Part 3
-Edit, Revise, and Reread Part 3
-Post Part 3

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:20 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Housepets! Home Story: Sparks - The “Good” Ol’ Dogs Club
Another great update. It's nice that Fox is there to help Sparks. :)

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Great to hear Saturn! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the story so far. Yeah, Fox is great friend. :)

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:19 am
Profile WWW

EDIT : PART THREE COMPLETE!

Could someone delete this post? There's no option for me... XP

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:14 am
Profile WWW

Working on some art for the new girl. I'm still having trouble drawing cats! >:I

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:29 am
Profile WWW

Wow, Great job. I was wondering, for the Halloween party, if I could make a suggestion. Ok, so during the Halloween party, Bino becomes jealous of Sparky's talent and decides to sabotage the DJ booth. Then Fox finds out what happened and beats the living crap out of Bino. You can handle all of the details. You don't have to use my ideas or anything, I just wanted to give you one more option. :)

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:14 pm

Miles the Wolf wrote:
Wow, Great job. I was wondering, for the Halloween party, if I could make a suggestion. Ok, so during the Halloween party, Bino becomes jealous of Sparky's talent and decides to sabotage the DJ booth. Then Fox finds out what happened and beats the living crap out of Bino. You can handle all of the details. You don't have to use my ideas or anything, I just wanted to give you one more option. :)

Oooo! I like this idea. I have almost the whole story planned out with a situation with Bino and Sparks at the party, but this is just perfect. I'm definatly going to consider this idea. Thanks for your feedback too! It's always appreciated! :D

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:01 pm
Profile WWW

Hello guys and gals! Welcome to the third installment of the Sparks' Beginning!

I just want to say thanks for taking the time and reading my little fanfic that I conjured up. I really appreciate it! :D

Now, the fic. Enjoy!

-Housepets! Home Story: Sparks' Beginning - Hopes and Dreams-

A sliding glass door opens while a human steps out onto the darkly lit back porch holding a pup, scared and frightened, in hand. The human stops at the top of the porch’s stairs as he weakly throws the defenseless five month old pup into the grassy space.

“NOW THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU’VE DONE, YOU STUPID ANIMAL!” The human yelled as the pup weakly attempts to get up from his position on the ground.

The glass door then slams shut and a *click* was heard after. He was stuck out here. As he gets up, he feels a sharp sense of pain in his hip, holding it with one of his paws as he winces. He staggers to his feet and then feels a stinging sensation coming from above his eye. At that moment, he tries to investigate by touching the area with his paw, but when he brought it back down to his face, he saw that he has some of the blood on the fur of his paw.

Yep. Definitely cut. He gloomily thought to himself. Let’s just get to my favorite spot and call it a night. Trying to get to the corner of the fence to sleep, he notices a hole in the chain link. He stops and looks at the fence.

During this pause, thoughts of escape flood to his mind. I could get away. I could go and no one would care.

Contemplating his escape, the pup looks back at the house. But what about mom? He questions himself. He knows that his biological mom was in that house still, probably being punished for his behavior as well. He takes a moment to collect his thoughts. Then came to a conclusion, It’s what she would want. To escape this nightmare. He takes a moment to breathe and finally says out loud with his head hanging low, “I’m sorry mom. Goodbye.”

He slips though the fence, making his way to the other side. He looks back once more at the place he called “home” and turns away, heading for the forest next to the fence.

Slowly walking deeper into the forest, the young dog steps further and further away from “home” while his paw covers his right hip. He couldn’t help but smile at his situation. Sure he’s hurt, but at least he out of there now. The feeling of freedom felt… great. No more abuse, no more anguish. This was his world for the taking. Suddenly, a figure appears in front of the now startled pup.

“GAH!” He screams as he collapses near a tree. He took the time to analyze his foe. It was a black, white, and orange calico, looking no older than him, staring him down with its claws drawn. Suddenly, the pup then senses his life flashing before his eyes as the feline creeps closer to him. Shaking, he then puts his head in his arms to escape the situation and gives a silent final word, “Mom,” he whispers, “I’m sorry.”

As he waits for the moment of his demise, he then feels something soft touch him on his arm. Confused, the young dog pulls his head up as is greeted by a paw on his arm and calming young female voice. “Hey? You lost little dog?”

“No! I was… just… walking.” He replies with a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

“Sure… Lets get you up off of the ground, then we can talk.” The cat helps pull the pup up from his position as he winces in pain clutching his hip once more. “Are you ok? Are you hurt?”

“I’m fine.” He responded.

He then looks at the calico as she begins to speak again, “If you say so... I guess... Hey, I haven’t seen you around here before… So you must be new. I’m Tera! Whats your name little doggie?” She replied with her hand extended toward him.

He thought about his situation for a second. Should I trust her? After a moment of thought, he responds with nervousness shaking her hand with his free paw, “Maxwell…”

“Hiya Max!” Tera paused, looking at his green collar, “So, what are you doin’ out here in the first place?”

“I… was… just walking through…”

“Oh come on. I can see your collar. How’d you get hurt? Do you have an owner?”

Max twitched. He didn’t even want to think about his “family” right now. He looked back at the house, still visible in the moonlight. He couldn’t believe his owners. Why would they even hit me like that? IN THE FACE?! AND THROW ME LIKE I’M NOTHING?!

He looked away almost panting, as he tries to control his breathing. Tera looks in the direction of where he was looking and spots the house. “Are you…” she began, as she questions his actions, “Are you running away?”

All the pup could do is nod his head.

"What happened that made you want to run away?"

Max looks down as his ears drop.

"Did they..." she begins with a hint of surprise, "Did they hit you?"

He did not look up as he slowly nods his head once more.

“Are they the reason for this?!” pointing at the cut on his white patch of fur above his eye. “And this?!” pointing to the paw covering his hip.

He nodded again, with his eyes starting to get watery as he slides back down, sitting against the tree.

"How could they do that?" She whispers, calming herself back down.

Tera stands in shock. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Never in her life has she seen an owner do something like this. The cat looks at him, baffled while Max starts to cry in his arms. She then comes down beside him, comforting the hurt, defenseless pup. She puts her paws around the now quietly sobbing Maxwell and begins to comfort him, gently petting his head fur.

“Sh, sh. It’s ok.” She calmly says as she holds him tighter

He puts his head back against the tree, tears flowing onto his black and white fur. “Why do they hate me so much? Do they even love me?” He asks while his whole body begins to shake.

As he continues to sob, he continues to be comforted by the mysterious feline. Why is she helping me? Out of all the people to help, she comes? His brain ponders as his sobs begin to dissipate. Then again, she is kind of like mom. She’s kind, and her fur is so soft.

He then starts to feel himself drift in and out of sleep as his head nestles into the cats fur. As this happens, Tera’s voice calmly whispers, “I’ll stay with you tonight. Then if you want to return to your home, I can help take you back. Deal?”

“Deal…” he says as he finally drifts off.

Sparks wakes up as his body jerks upward. What a weird dream… He thinks as stretches on his bed and begins to rub his eyes. Sparks looks over to his right towards his alarm clock that read 3:21 AM. He hops off groggy, heads out of his room, and move towards the kitchen for a late night snack.

He opens the cupboard near the refrigerator, beginning to scan his options. After looking at the whole contents of the whole cabinet, his eyes gravitate toward the kibble at the bottom of the stash of food before him. He then grabs the bag with his bowl from the counter and heads toward the dining room table. Sparks pours some of the dry food into his bowl, causing a loud metal *cling* for every piece hitting the bowl. Once the metal bowl is filled halfway, he puts the bag back into the cupboard and goes back over to the bowl sitting at one of the seats on the table in front of him. He takes his seat and begins snacking.

Why did I dream of Tera… He contemplates as he munches on his food. That was sooo long ago. One of the greatest moments of my life though. My first…

His thought was cut off as the lights turns on, blinding Sparks as the person entered into the room. It was Isaac, peering into the kitchen, curious of something. “Oh, hey Sparks.” Isaac greeted.

Sparks waved back as he chews the kibble in his mouth.

“Can’t sleep?”

Sparks nods as he continues to eat.

“Dream?” He asks as the dog nods again. “Was it a good one?”

Sparks gulps down his food, ready to reply.

“Yeah, a dream about someone that I haven’t seen in a long time.”

Isaac looks at Sparks with confusion as Sparks finishes his food. “Who, son?”

“A girl. Her name is Tera.” He answers with a smile on his face as he walks over to the counter placing the bowl there.

Isaac smirks, then sighs. “A girl eh? Must have been a good dream then. Well, I just wanted to know what the noise was. I’m going back to bed, and you should probably do the same. Don’t you have that thing with… what’s his name… Fido, tomorrow?

Sparks nods. “I might DJ at the Halloween party. It’s going to be so much fun!”

“Great! If you need any help, just get me and I’ll be right there. You’ll have the best costume there, no doubt. Good night Sparks.” Says Isaac, leaving the room with a simple wave goodbye.

“Good night Dad.” Sparks responds.

Sparks sighs and stares off into space. Why would she appear in my dreams… He keeps repeating to himself. After a minute, he shakes himself out of his trance and moves towards the stairs as he turns out the lights in the kitchen. He reaches his room with a satisfied tummy and goes back to his bed to continue sleeping.

He drifts back to sleep with ease and a familiar face enters his dreams once more.

After being sent outside near midnight, Max goes through the hole in the fence once again, hoping to find his new friend waiting in the woods. He quickly walks towards the meeting spot, dodging all of the loose braches on the ground, just waiting for paws to catch. He makes his way towards the tree and looks around, searching all of the braches as well as the other trees around him. “Tera?” He calls out. Waiting for a response, he looks around once more. Then, after about thirty seconds, he calls out again. “Tera?”

He again waits for a response. Where is she?

Suddenly, he hears a chilling whisper in his ear. “BOO!”

“GAH!” Maxwell jumps. “We really need a bell for you! This is the fifth time!”

“Aw, you’re no fun Maxie!” She sticks her tongue out as she drops down from the branch she was hanging from. "So," She begins, "How have your owners been since they... you know..."

"They've just been the same. They act like nothing happened and I'm invisible."

"That must be awful..."

"Yeah..." His head drops and frowns. The silence was almost unbearable. Max's mind enters the outer realms of space and back again, now hoping that either one of them breaks the silence. Say something... anything. Please.

Just as he was thinking this, Tera's eyes go wide and her head turns toward the dog. “Hey, I just remembered, I wanna show you something. Follow me!”

The confused dog asks no questions, but follows the feline anyway. Max looks at Tera walking at his pace on the ground, making sure every so often that he was right behind her. They walk past tree after tree through the woods, passing by a couple of feral animals along the way. After a couple minutes of walking, a large field could be seen through the trees. “We’re almost there.” She says.

Max follow’s her through the trees as they reach the field. “This is awesome!” the pup happily said. He was in awe at how vast the field was. Tera then takes Max’s hand as he looks down at his paw, blushing and smiling.

“Come on!” She impatiently commands.

They then travel to the center of the colossal field. Max, however, was still wondering what more that Tera could show him. Suddenly, she stops and says to the dog, “Ok we’re here.” She then holds his arm as she starts to get giddy with excitement. “Look up.”

They both look up to see an array of shooting stars filling the night sky. Max was in awe at the sight. He couldn’t believe it. His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped at the magical spectacle before him. There was no other moment that could happen in his life to even come close to what he was feeling tonight. The cat and dog then take a quick moment to lay down on the grass of the field to take in the view of whole sky above them. After a moment of ‘wows’ and sighs, Tera breaks the silence between them. “Isn’t it pretty?”

“Yeah.” He responds.

“Max?”

“Yeah Tera?”

She then gets closer to him, cuddling and holding his body. “Do you like me?”

The dogs face turns a bright red and responds, “I do. A lot actually.”

“Good. Can you make a promise?”

“Sure.”

“No matter where we go or end up, can this never change?”

Max gets confused at the question. Where would I end up? “S-sure. If you don’t mind me asking, why the sad question? Isn’t this supposed to be a happy moment?”

“Well… yes, but what I mean is…” she pauses and sighs, “I’ve seen this happen before, remember? You know that my old owners left me to fend for myself. They were so mean and couldn’t stand to have me. Your situation with your owners; I’m scared that you’ll go away, never to be seen again.” She pauses again, starting to cry, “I just… don’t want to lose this moment. I couldn’t even imagine nights without you.”

“Hey, it’s ok, I’m still here.” He says calmly as he rests his head against hers, now buried in Max’s chest, “No matter what, nothing will happen to us.”

Tera brings her head up. “Promise?”

“Promise.” He assures the saddened calico.

They both look deeply into each others eyes, almost in a trance. They were both feeling the same. As the world started to fade from their minds, their heads start to gravitate towards each other. Nothing but the thoughts of the two of them crossed their minds. This was their moment. They bring their heads closer and closer to each other. Just as they are about to connect, the dream quickly fades.

Sparks once again jolts out of his sleep and begins to think about the dream. He looks around his room, remembering that moment with the calico, looking at the night sky together. They were never able to have that moment again. The day after Sparks and Tera shared their last night together, the police came and arrested his two previous owners and he was put into the shelter. The thoughts of Tera alone bring Sparks to tears as he begins to cry uncontrollably, pulling up his knees to his chest at thought of never seeing his 'friend' ever again. I’m sorry Tera. He thinks to himself, beginning to sob. I guess I wasn’t able to keep our promise.

Suddenly, his alarm sounds as the clock strikes eight o’clock in the morning and Sparks jumps. In his depression, he suddenly becomes hostile, reaching for the alarm clock. He then throws the device across his room, hitting the floor and breaking off one of the bells that had taken him by surprise.

It took Sparks about ten minutes for his crying to dissipate into just muffled puffs of air. He begins to calm down as he wipes the tears away from his face and starts to try and control his breathing. Alright. He sighs. Let’s get breakfast. Maybe that’ll take my mind off of things. He sniffs the air, getting a little hint of what was on the menu today. Mom sure does know how to cook a mean egg.

He grabs his collar from the end table and heads toward the kitchen. As he enters, Isabelle is by the stove while Isaac sits at the table with his laptop, sipping a fresh cup of coffee. “Good morning sweetie!” Isabelle greeted.

“Good morning.” Said the groggy, gloomy Sparks, heading for the coffee maker.

“So, son,” Isaac said, “You sleep well?”

“I guess.”

Sparks fills his coffee mug with water and pours it into the back of the machine. Gonna need something strong today. He selects the miniature pack of coffee grounds and puts it into the single cup brewer.

His father then spoke up as Sparks starts the brewing process. “Going for the coffee first, Eh? That’s not a good sign." His parents knew him very well knowing his tendencies when he is distressed. "Did you get enough sleep after your snack?”

Sparks sighs, “No, I got some sleep. It’s just that… I had another dream last night. About Tera.”

“Tera?” asks Isabelle, confused, “Who’s that? Someone in the neighborhood?”

“No. She’s someone from long ago, from when I was with my old ‘owners.’”

“Was she a friend?” Isabelle says while she comes over to the table with the frying pan with eggs inside, placing them on the plate in front of the groggy dog.

“Yeah. A great one…” He blushes slightly.

Spark’s mom and dad exchange a look at each other, giving each other a grin. Then they look back at Sparks.

“She…” he begins shakily, “We used to talk to each other every night, in the woods right behind my old home. We talked about all sorts of stuff, like what it must be like with a real family, our hopes and dreams, you name it. The last night I was with her, she showed me the night sky. There were shooting stars everywhere! It was wonderful and magical…” He pauses suddenly. Just as he starts, to speak again, he clenches his fists. “We then… *sigh* we made a promise that day. A promise that I believe that I failed to keep. Now she’s gone. I just… can’t believe that I forgot.” He looks down gloomily at the eggs on his plate. “I just hope that she hasn’t.”

“I’m sure that she hasn’t sweetie. Now eat up. Wouldn’t want your eggs to get cold, right?”

“Yeah…”

Sparks digs in and starts eating, still thinking about the feline. The thought of leaving her was eating away at him. I miss Tera. *sighs* But, I have stuff to do today. I won't accomplish anything today moping. After breakfast, its game time. Let’s show Fido what I can do!

Sparks quickly ate his breakfast, thanks Isabelle for the meal, and takes his coffee to his little studio to start making his list of songs to play for the audition. He searches the internet for good Halloween songs and decides what he’s going to play from there. Alright… I could start with ‘Thriller, move into the Ghostbusters theme, then to ‘Monster’ by Imagine Dragons, next ‘Tombstones’ by Wolfgun, after, ‘Monster Mash’, then end with the two song album ‘Dark Arts’ by Wolfgun. Seems alright… Let’s put it together.

Sparks downloads all the songs and loads up his DJ program on his computer, beginning the mixing process.

-

About five hours later, at one o’clock in the afternoon, Sparks was at his computer with his head laying on his desk, burnt out from the extensive work, not to mention the crash from his coffee. “It’s done.” He whispers. Suddenly, a knock was heard at the front door. “I’LL GET IT!” Sparks screams. He rushes down the stairs to the door and sees a familiar face as he opens it. “Fido!” He greets noticing something move on his head fur, “Come on in!”

“So Sparks,” he starts as he walks into the house, “Are you ready to give me a little taste of what you can do?”

“Yep. Just finished a little bit ago! Follow me.” Sparks leads as the both go up the stairs and into the studio. Fido stops at the sight of the studio.

“Wow. Nice room.”

“Thanks. Wanna take a seat?” Sparks asks pulling up a chair for his guest.

“Sure.”

Unexpectedly, a voice could be heard from behind Sparks as he sets up his speakers and control panel. “*yawn* Hey, where are we? Why are the walls covered in cheese? Who’s this?”

Sparks turns around to find a mouse, sitting on the top of Fido’s head. “Oh, hello! You’re in my miniature recording studio, friend. The walls have foam covering them so it makes the room sound proof. My name is Sparks. What’s yours?” He says with a smile.

“Spo. And don't ask about the name!” The mouse replied.

“Nice to meet you Spo.” Sparks says as they shake hand and finger. “You’re just in time to hear my audition for the Halloween party. Wanna listen?”

“As long as you don't blow out my eardrums, Eh, why not.”

Sparks finishes setting up his speakers and his program and starts to turn toward the two sitting behind him. “That… should… do it. Alright, ready!”

“Go ahead!” Fido says with excitement.

Sparks takes a moment to inhale and exhale, then he begins his mix. The mix starts out as planned, using Thriller for the first song. Using the DJ console in front of him, he adjusts some of the sliders and knobs to adjust volumes of the song and lets it play. He looks at his computer screen in front of him to analyze the track. Near the end of the song, he sets up the transition to the next song. Just with a simple few motions, he was onto the next song, ‘Monster.’ This repeated for all of the songs in his playlist, eventually reaching the end of his little mix with the song, ‘Ghosts.’ Everything went off without a hitch.

Sparks breathes a sigh of relief and turns toward Fido, waiting for a response.

“Sparks,” he begins, “That was amazing!"

"Yeah, you didn't kill my ears, so I guess it was fine." Fido crosses his arms and growls at Spo. "What? I said it was good!"

Fido continues. "You can definitely play the music at the party. You’ll have to set up the equipment though for the stage as well as find a power source, like a generator, to run whatever you need.”

“I understand.”

“Good. Well, I must be off. Gotta go to the station; have to be there by three. Cya later Sparks!”

“Bye Fido! And thanks!” He waves goodbye.

“No problem.”

Sparks dances uncontrollably, like the Twitch streamer 'Firedragon764' when he gets a Personal Best or World Record speed run, as Fido leaves, excited and feeling better than ever before. He couldn’t wait. After his burst of excitement, he went down the stairs to tell his mom and dad about the great news. “Mom!”

“Yes? What is it?” Isabelle asks.

“I did it! I’m going to DJ at the party!”

“That’s wonderful! Congratulations sweetie! Oh, I have some news too! Turns out were getting new neighbors soon. I’ve heard that they have a dog and a cat in their family. They should be here in about two days. Isn’t that wonderful?”

“That’s pretty cool!”

Sparks couldn’t believe it. First, the DJ spot now new neighbors? This week couldn’t possibly get any better! As Sparks revels at his new gig, he wonders about his new neighbors too. I wonder who’s moving into the neighborhood…

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 4

END OF PART 3

A/N 8/12/14 1:00 AM: So you might have noticed that I changed some things about the story in this part if you have read it before. One of the bigger changes being that Tera is now a Calico. This was dawned upon me that I totally mixed up what species of cat I was going to use and I'm just now fixing it. I also fixed some parts that I felt were a little rushed as well. Almost done with school work by the way! Should finish up by tomorrow and then I can continue working on the story. SO EXCITED! ^w^

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:05 pm
Profile WWW

PART FOUR IS NOW OUT ON THE NEXT PAGE!

THE PREVIEW IS NOW GONE! :D

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Last edited by D3ath_0ps on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:54 pm
Profile WWW

I require MORE

Yukon : S6 | P6 | E8 | C5 | I6 | A7 | L4 | #666699 | Richardson Valley
Colorado : S6 | P7 | E6 | C4 | I8 | A7 | L7 | R4 | C2: 5 | #194719 | SRP - STEELHAVEN

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:24 am

Deske wrote:
I require MORE

More you say? Well your in luck! Look above! :D

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Profile WWW

That was adorable. I still require more, but my appetite had been sated for now.

Colorado : S6 | P7 | E6 | C4 | I8 | A7 | L7 | R4 | C2: 5 | #194719 | SRP - STEELHAVEN

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 am

Deske wrote:
That was adorable. I still require more, but my appetite had been sated for now.

lol, Will do Deske. Glad you enjoyed the DAAWWWness. XP

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:48 am
Profile WWW

Hey guys, gals, and the guests visiting the forums!

Here's a little update regarding the story of Sparks.

Part 4 is being made as you read this message and am happy to report that this part will be over double the size of the biggest part I have on here, which is Part 2 at 15-17000 characters. This new part currently is sitting at 40000+ characters and climbing. I wan't lying when I said that this was going to be a long part. Also, did you read the heading of the Preview? I suggest taking a look at it again to get a little spoiler for the part. :P

This part has been really fun to write and I'm so happy on how much progress I've been making with the story. I just can't wait till I get done with writing and editing to share the continuation of the now MINUSCULE preview I posted. (I'm really excited if you can't tell. XP)

Hopefully you've enjoyed the story so far! I'll see you back here for the last part concerning the origin of Sparks! ^W^/

- D3ath_0ps (Sparks)

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

[color=#0080BF]I LOVE this story! I'm also writing a fanfic with a character called Angel, a siberian husky who is a hothead when it comes to the "Bino Bullies"I thought of that just now!May I have Sparks mentioned in my fanfic? Angel moved to Babylon Gardens yesterday,as this is written so they're both kinda the "new dogs!"

Keep up the good work!color]

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:15 am

FoxRocks wrote:
[color=#0080BF]I LOVE this story! I'm also writing a fanfic with a character called Angel, a siberian husky who is a hothead when it comes to the "Bino Bullies"I thought of that just now!May I have Sparks mentioned in my fanfic? Angel moved to Babylon Gardens yesterday,as this is written so they're both kinda the "new dogs!"

Keep up the good work!color]

I wouldn't mind you adding Sparks or even Tera (If you want) in your fic! Although, I do recomend waiting until the release of the final part! Just so it doesn't mess with your story if I add info in after you finish writing your story that completely messes with your plot line. Also, I did start to look at the beginning of your fic as well! I've been really busy with school and writing, I haven't gotten the chance to see it yet completely. When I get the chance, I'll defiantly look at your fic further! Thanks for reading! :D

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:28 am
Profile WWW

Thank you, I'm still fixing up my writing skills. The HP! fanfics are my test subjects! :twisted:! I have to write later at night, and deal with school things, so I really have an hour or two every few nights. Angel hasn't gone to the Good ol' Dogs meeting yet, but I think mine takes place earlier, because it's the middle of summer for them currently.

After I figure out how, i'll post fan art of it.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 am

Alright. My story takes place near the end of September to October 30th, The day of the Halloween Party. So there's a decent gap between where your story takes place and mine does, so it works! :D

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 am
Profile WWW

hmmm...We may have to figure out what happens after that, mine prolly ends in January when *SPOILER SPOILER*. I think about how different Angel and Sparks are. Sparks started out shy, Angel was more outgoing, and HATES BINO's GROUP because *SPOILER*. So far, she's fine with Fox though.

Interesting how both characters saw diferent sides of fox, with Angel seeing him with Bino's group. (I think that counts as the bad side). THAT wouldn't lead to some argument between them at all...Angel also has some involvement in the fanfic 18 minutes which I am also working on, the one Angel is tied to is based on one of my relatives.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:00 am

Well now I've laughed, I've cried, I've been very excited... what's next?
Also, I thought I saw somewhere that this was supposed to be a trilogy. No, okay then. *applause*

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:26 am

Miles the Wolf wrote:
Well now I've laughed, I've cried, I've been very excited... what's next?
Also, I thought I saw somewhere that this was supposed to be a trilogy. No, okay then. *applause*

Just wait and see my friend! Sparks' (origin) story is not done yet!
Na. I decided that there was still more story to tell to the point of the party, so now it's more like a quad..ril...ogy... New words! XP

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:44 am
Profile WWW

YAY!
I did think about having Angel in the music buisness when I was forging her in my mind, she was either going to be a simple singer or guitarist. Now i'm not so sure about it since it might give off the impression of being a bit too similar to this. I don't anyone thinking that I copied you or vice versa. I should prolly just PM you from now on instead of filling up your comments section. ;)

Good luck with the fanfic, I enjoy it very much! :D

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:25 pm

So. My computer decided to get rid of at least twelve hours of work from my story, no way to get it back. Basically all of the awesome stuff that I have written is now gone. Time to start again I guess. I feel so done, but I guess it gives me the chance to try again. IT WAS SO GOOD THOUGH. :cry:

Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm going to take a small break then restart. I'll see if I can actually get the work back, but it seems unlikely. Wish me luck guys, because today has been the worst day ever. Not only that, it keeps getting worse by the second. :cry:

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Smiley McSmiles

Computers can be so cruel :(
Hang in there! You're doing a great job :D

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:12 pm

Did you say in a different topic that the story would stretch out longer than before, or did I read it incorrectly? Yay or Nay?

Yay! :D
Nay. :(

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:07 am

Short Answer:
YAY :D

Long Answer:
I believe that I did say that the story would continue beyond the origin story with little snip-its here and there, but yeah, it will defiantly continue after the origin is complete. The fourth and final part in the origin that concerns the development of our main character Sparks part will predictably (NOT SURE YET ON LENGTH) be stretched out and go more into depth than before because what's tied in currently to whats happening right now. I predict as well that I may in fact go over the 60000 character limit with this next part.

Another thing to note for the story is that I've taken the liberty in creating a todo list for the final part and when I got everything together in one big list, I saw that I'm not even (I probably am) 25% through and I'm already at 30000 characters including the preview and prewritten parts that I had before the data loss, although the other bits can be a bit shorter than I realize (probably). I even have to add some other artistic elements to tie the whole part together as well like singing, drawing, and of course story telling. I wasn't lying when I said that this part will be big. This will FOR SURE end the origin, but not Sparks all together. I gots plans for him and his little cat friend. :P

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:15 am
Profile WWW

Good lord man, upload it in parts. Cliffhangers everywhere.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:54 am

When will we see the update? :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:45 pm

The update will roll out soon(ish), I have to deal with college stuff first before I can move forward with the story. Once that's done, I'll be working on finishing the part. :D

No ETA on when it will be out though, unfortunately. :(

CH. 4 OUT NOW!

Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

i just finished reading and i thought that it was good. Fix the pacing and the grammer and it would be perfect.

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next