Project Thread: Babylon Gardens World and Peanut Companion

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Re: Project Thread: Babylon Gardens World and Peanut Compani

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

NOPE! It's a constant wave of impossible! :lol:
Even when I played through it and tried to survive, I got my party to level 10 but because so many enemies had spawned the game was lagging IMMENSELY. Also, I'm pretty sure I was only getting hurt form the Muskethimbles at that point because of how high my defense was in comparison to the enemies :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Perfect April Fools then man! Nice work at making it impossible, XD
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, I thought, "I'm wary of this, as the day's not over. Eh, screw it, trying it out."

Looks really nice, though! For some reason, I can't get it to read my control properly when I was trying to set up the button inputs. Also short a few buttons, at the most, my control has 12, two of them being the pressed analog sticks. For some reason, it couldn't read the d-pad. I'll try to see what's up with that. I use a Rock Candy wired Xbox 360 control.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. The engine hasn't been coded to read Xinput (d-pad/joystick controls), and for some odd reason can understand all the other buttons minus the left and right triggers. For this reason, I didn't bother showing the controller controls, and I didn't think anyone would remember me mentioning the whole "controller support" thing. I'll have to wait until the creator registers it into the engine in an update. :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I see. Maybe in the meantime I can try that joy2key program, but I avoid that because just getting it to read right is a bit of a hassle. Not that it's hard, just so much to do, I easily get lost trying to program all of the buttons. But seriously, 13 buttons? Quite a bit!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

FINALLY. AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING ON THIS IT'S DONE. And I can't feel my hands!
This is the updated version of the cover art/Title Screen, you can see the old version here (it was before Lucy was removed and Sesame was added to the game): http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/ar ... -473706616
If you where hoping for a Chaoko Draws of this, sadly there wont be because I hadn't thought about making those when I started working on this, and even sped up from the different sessions I drew this in x8 it would still probably be like 3 hours long or in multiple parts.
There will be another size of it for the title screen, and I may make a wallpaper version of it. This version can be seen on DA and downloaded here: http://chaokocartoons.deviantart.com/ar ... -527985135

On another note, I will be slowing down development of this game for a while to help out with the development of Housepets!: Tails of Babylon (which has it's own forum page here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... =13&t=3133 ). I'll still be working on this, but I want to help with that games development as it shows much potential and promise to be made. At the rate I'm making this game it could take 2-4 years to finish with just me'n D-Rock working on it. There should still be monthly updates so stay tuned!
ImageImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

You've done a lot in the time you've given! Nice job! Also, happy to have you on the "team" with us in H!:TOB (official acronym, anyone? :P ).
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Wouldn't it be HP!:ToB? Or HPToB? :3
ImageImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Wouldn't it be HP!:ToB? Or HPToB? :3
Details. :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

We should pronounce it as "Hiptob" xP
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

YES. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Anyway, about that poster. Sorry, I'm not quite in the loop with the "hip" webcomics, so I can't identify on of the characters. Who's the green guy with the punching-stick?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh, that's Prince Mint, he is one of the re-occurring antagonists in the game, in other words he's an OC made for the game. Same for the lady on the left, Mita.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, I need to use an acronym for the game, much faster to type that instead of the full name every time I post on DA.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really like what you did with the poster!