Open Housepets Fan Fiction Extraordinaire

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Anthroguy101

Open Housepets Fan Fiction Extraordinaire

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I decided to do something unique, you guys. I'm going to start a piece of fan fiction that anyone can add to in any way, as long as the storyline is continuous and on-topic with Housepets!

Here's how it will go: each poster will add to what the last poster wrote, continuing with the previously-written plot in whichever way they choose. I will be the first one to start.

----------------------
Nighttime in Babylon Gardens. All seems calm and quiet. All except the Sandwich household. "Moooom, Grape won't let me listen to my music."

"I'm trying to get some sleep," said Grape, "it's half past 10:00!"

Yes, finally the Sandwitch family pitched in and got Peanut an iPod(r). They found out that his barking at the neighbors was too loud, and after weeks they finally tried a last-ditch effort to get some peace and quiet, but to no avail.

Yet as the Sandwiches were having problems of their own, they had yet to learn that Peanut's barking had a cause...
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Game

Re: Open Housepets FF

Post by The Game »

A cause that was almost unknown to Peanut himself. Emphasis on 'almost'.
He knew the cause, but he told no one. He didn't want to risk himself the embarrassment. He knew telling someone would lead to nothin' but trouble, but he was practically dying from the secret. The cause of his loud calls and shouts, was ever in-famous, Truth.

(ps- I've never done one of these before, so try not to cause me emotioanl if this sucks :lol: )
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

[Intermission]
No no, The Game, You're doing good.
(btw, if you're going to comment on the work, please use the Intermission tags)
[/Intermission]
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

[intermission]
This will attempt to be in the style of the narration from Lars Von Trier's Dogville. Sorry if it's a little abstract and bad.
[/intermission]

The Truth was all to clear to Peanut. He measured each pet he met with the same expectations he set for himself. He would naively befriend all believing in the good of his fellow creatures. But after all the torment from some of the pets of Babylon Garden, he realized that if he were to act with as much cruelty as the cruelest dog of all, Bino, he would never forgive himself. He would shout and scream at one so selfish and so cruel until he tired out the ears of all around him. So with this knowledge, Peanut's decision was made. He would bark all night, angry that everyone else is this world could not live up to his unrealistic expectations.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Anthroguy101

Re: Open Housepets Fan Fiction Extraordinaire

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Well, this thread died rather quickly.
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

i tried. i failed. i blame Lars Von Trier.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Hey, I tried and died too! So don't Blame me!
I actually wanted to see what other peeps would write
wELL THANKS FOR CRUSHING MY DREAMS!!! :D
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Perhaps I should give this more time? Sorry, thegame and loudhawaiianshirt, that call may have been premature. Again, anyone can add to this, and I hope they do.

EDIT: Never mind, this experiment was a failure. I should have known better than to call quits like that, and now I'm sure this will go nowhere and have no chance because of it. Can one of the moderators delete this, or perhaps lock this up if they can't? Thank you.
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Well.....since no one has locked it..... TRY AGAIN!

If you won't.... I will!

Joey's Week
"See ya guys!" Joey said to his friend, leaving his friend's house. He had just played D&D with his friends all day and he was tired. He saw his dog house in his dad's backyard. He entered it blissfully, happy to get some shut-eye. Finally, I can go to sleep Joey thought to himself. No Peanut, no Bino, and no TAROT! Finally! Joey smiled as he looked at his dog house. Joey yawned. He sighed in happiness as he saw his dog-bed. "Ahh...time to relax!" Joey said. As he began to lay down on his dog-bed he did not see the yellow eyes glaring at him from outside the dog house.Hello... Jonathan.the creature whispered to himself as he stared at Joey. Little did Joey know that the weirdest week of his life would begin.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Samson

Post by Samson »

Joey's heart thudded in his chest with heavy 'whumps' against his ribcage. His body tensed up with fright and shivered at the presence of the two eyeballs that gazed unblinking, wide, and dialated through the cool darkness that enveloped him. He breathed in heavy gasps as he continued to stare into those creepy eyes managing to squeek out a timid "Who are you?" with a frightened voice that was hard to form words with before a cold and boney hand quickly seized his wrist and pulled. :twisted:
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

(OH GOSH THE NECRO-ING THAT HAPPENS IN THIS FORUM)

"My name isn't important at the moment," the creature stated with a smirk. At least, it seemed like it was a smirk; it was hard to tell in the limited light. "What is important is how you're going to get out of the situation you've put yourself in." The creature picked at its teeth, and smiled menacingly. "You have made quite a mess, alright. Are you aware that Squeak, your current significant other, is actually an avatar?"

"Y-you mean one of those blue humanoid things? I don't particularly like James Cameron, but I guess there's some possibility, what with the disguise technologies of the setti-"

"SILENCE, YOU FOOL!"

Joey was quick to shut up at that point.

"Instead of going into mass details about the subject, I will just let you know that your lovely Squeak is a character for a powerful being in a multiverse game. And an evil one at that."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Samson

Post by Samson »

Dude Brawler you are really good.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"What!? No, that can't be true," Joey yelled out at the hidden being. He wrenched his wrist from the boney grip, that by the second felt more and more like some kind of claw, and stepped back. "There's no way that my lil' Squeak is evil! Cosmic rpg character...eh, maybe, but not evil!"

Shaking his head to clear it of such thoughts, Joey turned his glare to the being and crossed his arms. "I don't know what's going on, but I've hung out with enough weirdos and watched enough anime to know a sneaky villain when I meet one! Now come out of those shadows and show yourself!"

"Very...well!" A gale roared to life as the being grew, impossibly large to be in Joey's doghouse but in there all the same. The shadows slid back to reveal elegant blue feathers, while a pair of talon-like claws slammed to the ground in front of Joey. "Now Joey, let's talk like a pair of civilized beings!"
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Joey woke up in a flash. "Ugh... my head. I thought I saw a griffin last night. Better talk to Grape about that thought." Joey said with a smile. Peanut had told him about Grape's dream about a blue griffin. But then he focused on the subject the dream had been about. Squeak as a cosmic tool for evil purposes...hahaahhahahahahahaa Joey laughed at the thought. Squeak as a cosmic tool for evil purposes? That is as bad as the dub of japanese movies! As he laughed at the idea, he noticed that it was 10:30 A.M. . "OH CRUD, I'm late for D&D!" Joey said running to grab his books, not noticing the blue feather on his bed.

Three hours later
Joey groaned. Banana peels + a new female cat that moved in + him = an awkward moment. Tv Tropes will have a field day Joey thought.

Dang this is working better than the first try!
Last edited by EmoPeanut on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

(( I saw this, and I couldn't help but jump in! ))

After the D&D session, Joey was in an incredibly good mood. His good mood came from the fact that his druid had just reached level 15, meaning it gained the ability to wild-shape into a huge-sized creature, "I could turn into a dragon, or a tyrannosaurus, or a giant griffin, or a-... Wait a minute!" He said suddenly, the memories of this morning flooding back to him.
-
Joey was on his way to the Sandwich house, barely paying attention as he was daydreaming about the griffin, and he suddenly tripped over something. He was able to catch himself before he fell, and looked behind him,
"Hey, it's you. Um... King! That's it!" He said, snapping his finger when he remembered the name.
King rubbed his back, "Yeah, I'm King. We've met how many times now, and you can't remember my name?" He asked, sarcastically.
Joey shrugged, "Sorry, I was just thinking of something, so I didn't remember your name." He said.
King sighed and looked around, "Yeah, it's okay. Hey, have you seen Fox?" He asked.
Joey shrugged his head, "I think I saw him hanging out with Fido in the park." He said, "I gotta go and talk to Grape about this weird big blue griffin I saw this morning. I'll talk to you later." He said, turning to leave.
King wend deadpan the moment Joey spoke of Pete. King just stood there, frozen, a look of shock and terror on his face, 'Crap! He's back?' He thought
Joey had already turned and was heading to the Sandwich house. He knocked on the door and waited for an answer.
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Joey opened the door to see a nervous Peanut. Peanut ran to Joey, almost sprinting. "You go to help me JOEy......their BACK!" "Back who;s back... oh...AH!" Joey realized right before three certain barn cats jumped on him. He groaned. Must listen to Peanut next time. Do not enter house when his coz's are here.He thought, irritated. "Ooh, another cute dog..... can you stay?" She asked Joey in a manner Joey knew was not platonic. He got up from the floor in a nervous manner.

"I just wanted to invtie my friend Peanut over for D&D.... no one else!" Joey said when he saw the two cats smile. Joey sighed. Here we go again. Joey thought, getting tired.

WHY IS ALWAYS CATS? Joey wanted to scream but he couldn't. In fact he couldn't move. he had been running from Peanut's friends and he slipped on a banana peel and fell on top of the female cat that just moved next door to Peanut. He looked at the cute (wait cute?) cat under him. Guess I am a cat lover.... what do I do? Wait until the author makes you do something. A familiar voice said. AUTHOR...... am I in a story? WHy do I get the smart ones?
Last edited by EmoPeanut on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erm... I don't want to seem rude, but could you put somewhat more effort into this? There were much too many technical errors that I couldn't understand it, and I personally despise breaking the fourth wall.

And why 3 hours later? And Joey wanted to talk to Grape, not play D&D with Peanut...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[Gosh darn it...I took too long writing up my response, and EmoPeanut beat me to it. Sigh, oh well.]

Meanwhile, well down the block, King was having similar troubles to Joey. It had all started when Joey had mentioned seeing Pete. King had felt his blood freeze at the news, and knew that he had to know what was going on, if just for his own safety.

King had followed Joey to the Sandwich house, and listened while hiding in some bushes as the commotion with the three cats went on.

Gee, glad I didn't tag along, King thought to himself. He watched the trio of barn cats chase after Joey and then, when he thought it was clear, left his hiding spot in the bushes. "I don't know what those three would do to a cute little guy like me..."

"Oh, we have some ideas..."

King froze at the soft, mocking voice. Hesitantly he looked up at the three cats looking over the top of a fence at him. "...oh darn it."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[Oh dang it! I took too long with my posts... :( Sorry guys, I guess just ignore what I wrote...]
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

ctcmjh......Joey was making a excuse, and I was trying to lead back to the point before you added your post. Sorry for the confusion. He was making an excuse and it got a bit out of control
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'm still confused. You timeskipped into the future... To go to the past?
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

I got completely confused by the flashback part at the D&D section. I think both us are just completely confused...... lets just call it Insane fanfic writer's sickness and call it a day on the subject
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[So, wait, is the thread dead again? :( ]
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

No..... ctcmjh and I were just confused. Keep on writing!
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Emo, the story would make so much more sense if you removed the "Three Hours Later" thing. Could you remove that please?
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Fixed it..... now lets get back to torturing JOEY...... that came out wrong.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Samson

Post by Samson »

Joey froze as his ears filled with the stinging cackle of the unknown entity seizing his suddenly numb arm and laughing a wild laugh of lunacy.
Samson

Post by Samson »

May we please start over, or add something else? Perhaps a different environment but same characters?
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Sure Samson.... lets all pretend Joey had the weirdest dream about that weird day...... now lets restart!

Points at Samson.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Samson

Post by Samson »

EmoPeanut wrote:Sure Samson.... lets all pretend Joey had the weirdest dream about that weird day...... now lets restart!

Points at Samson.
I'm a tad confused. Are you pointing at me marking me for execution, the recipient of thrown tomatoes, or are you being serious?

If you are being serious here goes my crap-shoot.

Joey awoke suddenly and sat up quickly gasping and trembling. His doghouse was showing faint light thanks to the red glow of the rising sun peeking across the horizon.
How does that rhyme go? He thought to himself. Red in the morning sailor take warning?
The strange event that he had just experienced had indeed been a dream. A nightmare more like it. But just because he was safe from the unknown creature lurking in the dark confines of his doghouse, did not mean he wasn't going to experience the strangest week of his life.
"What's wrong Joey?" Came the anticipating, concerned voice of his partner, Squeak, through the dim and eerie glow.
Samson

Post by Samson »

Hello?
Heeeeelooooooooo?
:oops:
**walks away**
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

I give up..... everytime we try, it is destroyed. Pet-Friendly does this better, and it isn't and a Fanfic....... I guess it will never be...
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Samson

Post by Samson »

EmoPeanut wrote:I give up..... everytime we try, it is destroyed. Pet-Friendly does this better, and it isn't and a Fanfic....... I guess it will never be...
You and I could write one. You're really good at it.
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

since no one but you and me are going to do it..... sure, begin the insanity.

Chapter 1: Crossover to the extreme.
Peanut stared at the horror of all things. It...... was......... a cat and mouse chasing each other. But not any mouse and cat. Holy Peanut sandwiches...... is THAT TOM and Jerry? Peanut thought. It was...... Tom and Jerry. Peanut began running to see this sight. He finally caught up to them when he heard this: "Get back here you stupid mouse, your DEAD JERRY!"

Author 1's comments
Yes, TOm and Jerry Samson....... I can't wait.... MUWHAAHAHAH

And before any mods say anything.

All rights except for and/or fanmade characters belong to the owners of the Trademarks Housepets! and/or Tom and Jerry.
Copyright and stuff......
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Samson

Post by Samson »

Peanut gazed mesmerized at the random appearance of the two characters in his neighborhood. There they were fighting in the knee deep snow, Jerry running and dodging Tom's relentless pursuit. Jerry ran with his little feet skittering back and forth wobbling slightly from the weight of the can of anchovies he grasped in his tiny hands. Tom sprinted faster with his arms outstretched and his claws drawn, he was so focused on Jerry that Tom did not notice the thick board fence that formed the walls of the alleyway.
SMACK!
Tom collided with a thundering report and fell on his backside grimacing with a flat face.
"Oh man," Peanut said between his giggles, "that was classic."
His loud comment had attracted the attention of Tom. Who was not at all pleased with the humiliation he was receiving from the laughing dog that was Peanut Butter Sandwich.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

is this thread dead :?: i would like to provoke the resurrection of this thread please if so
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Samson

Post by Samson »

YingBlanc wrote:is this thread dead :?: i would like to provoke the resurrection of this thread please if so
No. To the best of my knowledge this thread is still open. I believe, though, it carries a certain itch to whoever posts here. When people start posting here they tend to stray away, possibly because they think to themselves, "Hey this writing stuff is pretty fun, I think I'll start my own story."

As for resurrection, or posting. I say go for it YingBlanc!
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

okay's can i start this story off again with another storyline or do i have to continue the current?
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

I'm back , I'm back. Sorry, but for some reason this thread provokes people to make mistakes or finish stories early or never complete them.

Since I have returned, can we continue with Tom and Jerry crossover? PLEASE!
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
Samson

Post by Samson »

YingBlanc, EmoPeanut. This is my proposition. We do both. Yingblanc starts a story with a title, and EmoPeanut creates a title for his Tom and Jerry idea. Label each post with the story title then add to it. If it alright with you two, I would like to post with you. Or we can coordinate via PM's to construct a story. Up to you.
HOWEVER, we should probably clear this with Anthroguy101 who originated the whole idea.
What do you say?
Last edited by Samson on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.