• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Fighting Game Idea 

Post Re: Fighting Game Idea
Mungo's color palettes may not have any references but they still came out really great! :D

Tue May 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Thanks. few more for now.
Attachment:
North Starpallet.png
North Starpallet.png [ 128.18 KiB | Viewed 1310 times ]

5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are kobold, Natalie, Snow, Zach, Bailey, and I think Spike from Housepets 1X.
Attachment:
Petepalette.png
Petepalette.png [ 69.84 KiB | Viewed 1310 times ]

4, 5, and 10 are Dragon, Max, and Cerberus, 7 and 12 are West of Heaven and Dissension, can't for the life of me remember 6, and 9 is a reference to a really old joke from the ToB thread, calling him a purple mage, more useless than the red and blue mage. :P
Attachment:
Ptahpallet.png
Ptahpallet.png [ 148.14 KiB | Viewed 1310 times ]

5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Grape, Max, Sabrina, Res, Tybalt from Tails of Babylon, and Dragon
Attachment:
Ralph pallets.png
Ralph pallets.png [ 47.27 KiB | Viewed 1310 times ]

5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Kevin, Fido, Fox, Terrence, and Echo and Bravo from Case: Housepets.
Attachment:
Rexpallet.png
Rexpallet.png [ 48.23 KiB | Viewed 1310 times ]

5, 6, and 7 are Daisy, Sasha, and Yeltsin. Like with Mungo, ran out of ideas.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Tue May 07, 2019 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

If you keep running out of ideas in the future if you have to do something like this, just choose colors from a random video game character or colors that work well together. That is what they did in SSB.

Tue May 07, 2019 9:42 pm

Well, sometimes I did, sometimes no one and nothing came to mind. I can be rather random with inspiration. I do have a few others that had outside sources as pallet ideas.
Attachment:
Sabrinapallet.png
Sabrinapallet.png [ 49.28 KiB | Viewed 1283 times ]

5, 6, 7, and 12 are Tarot, Fido, Dex-Starr from the DC comic lines, and Spirit Dragon. Dex-Starr is supposed to be a black cat, but some of the art depicts him as blue-ish.
Attachment:
Sashapallet.png
Sashapallet.png [ 70.17 KiB | Viewed 1283 times ]

5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Kevin, Fido, Fox, Daisy, King, and Pete.
Attachment:
Satau pallet.png
Satau pallet.png [ 56.38 KiB | Viewed 1283 times ]

6, 7, 9, 10, and 12 are Natalie, Tarot, Kitsune, Grape, and Dragon. 5 is the one dog that was pretty close to Satau at the compound, was she ever named?
Attachment:
SpiritDragonpallete.png
SpiritDragonpallete.png [ 48.9 KiB | Viewed 1283 times ]

This is where nearly all references are outside sources. 7, Pete, is the only one. 5 and 6 are Spyro and Cynder from the Spyro franchise, 9 and 10 are Ord and Cassie from the tv series, Dragontales, and 12 is Jake Long from American Dragon.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Wed May 08, 2019 6:56 pm
Profile WWW

I thought that I probably would never meet someone else who also watched DragonTales growing up. That is really nice.

Wed May 08, 2019 8:33 pm

Those ideas were actually Chaoko's, but yes, I grew up on a lot of PBS shows, Dragon Tales among them. Thanks, though!

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Wed May 08, 2019 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

So then I assume that he must have also. Glad to find two people that also watched the same shows at me.

Though admittedly, I didn't know cartoons existed until I was 4. :geek:

Thu May 09, 2019 3:33 pm
Game Master

i preferr https://web.archive.org/web/20120716224 ... tails.com/ over the cartoon of the same name, personally. pity it ended...

Characters

Thu May 09, 2019 9:05 pm

The next few are ones made after the roster was decided.
Attachment:
corypalette.png
corypalette.png [ 70.63 KiB | Viewed 1229 times ]

3, 6, 9, and 10 are Bino, Zach, Dragon and Pete. Don't remember what 7 is, think Rockstar Hawk? 12 was a tomato palette. :P
Attachment:
keenenbreelpalette.png
keenenbreelpalette.png [ 92.54 KiB | Viewed 1229 times ]

Wanted to include as many ToB-playable characters as I could, but hit a massive dilemma; Keene was too short. Tarot and King were short enough, but we also had plans for Nue and Olde, as well as a human character. The differences would be too much. A compromise I suggested was to have Breel be the playable character while Keene would be a support summon. 5 and 6 are references to the other ferrets, can never remember their names. 7 is Sabrina and Tarot. 9, no clue anymore. 10 is in reference to Jordi and Rick from the webcomic, Friends You Are Stuck With. 12 is The Forgotten and Eudoant.
Attachment:
milespalettescomplete.png
milespalettescomplete.png [ 529.87 KiB | Viewed 1229 times ]

Also made Miles, though Chaoko suggested if we go for him, we'd cut North Star. Also not use his tribal paint look. 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 12 are King, Peanut, Bailey, Bino, Lucretia, Natalie, and Deadeye.
Attachment:
respallet.png
respallet.png [ 129.25 KiB | Viewed 1229 times ]

Probably the most unnecessary, but here he is. 10 and 12 are Grape and Peanut, 3 is that one tiger from the Christmas strips.
...5, 6, 7, and 9 are references to the members of Team Babylon at the time; the Natukat, Star, Cobra, and Macabre. Though that was merely because I used a variant of Macabre before I got Rocky. :oops:
Attachment:
WeretigerRespallete.png
WeretigerRespallete.png [ 82.34 KiB | Viewed 1229 times ]

Even made this to go along with it. Transformations were a later idea, mainly because Mirage would have one by default. Also the reason that Macabre eventually gained his Bone Lord form. Not all of them would be as drastic as these, but we never made it far into planning. Only confirmed ones I can remember were Were-rot, White Avenger Bailey, Avatar Satau and Ptah, I think Puzzle Master Peanut, and Avatar Mungo.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Thu May 09, 2019 10:20 pm
Profile WWW

I am assuming that Were-rot must have had something to do with a Natukat character of Chaoko's?

Thu May 09, 2019 11:58 pm

Nope. It's what Chaoko refers Tarot's beast form as.
Attachment:
spotsuperdogpalette.png
spotsuperdogpalette.png [ 65.49 KiB | Viewed 1197 times ]

Attachment:
spotsuperdogpalettealternate.png
spotsuperdogpalettealternate.png [ 3.7 KiB | Viewed 1197 times ]

Yup, Spot could have been a playable character. Most of these palettes were derived from characters in the Spot comics, with the obvious exception of 12 being Peanut. That extra one is because somehow it didn't cross my mind to make a Superman color set. Might have been Star to bring that up. :oops:
Attachment:
whatchickenpallet.png
whatchickenpallet.png [ 27.58 KiB | Viewed 1197 times ]

And yes, we had joke characters. :P Not the only one, either, but we'll get to him later. 5, 6, and 7 are Tarot, Max, and Zach, the characters that caused him to appear. 9 and 10 are Pete and Trinket. Even went so far as to give him a Shadow color.
Attachment:
MysteriousFigurepallet.png
MysteriousFigurepallet.png [ 59.73 KiB | Viewed 1197 times ]

It's obvious, but yeah, Joel was going to appear as his own separate character with a newer design. The idea was that he'd basically be a King clone, but with a much bigger range, hitbox and effects. His story was going to be a lot darker, too. Basically, this was going to be Joel from a timeline where he lost everyone he loved. To show that, for example, King would use his ultimate weapon from Tails of Babylon for his finisher, wherein Joel would use a broken version of Bailey's ultimate weapon for the same attack. 4, 5, 6, and 7 are Olive, Ace, Rook, and Bailey. 9 and 10 are Scorpion and Reptile from the Mortal Kombat series, 12 is Pete.

I think this is it for the comic characters. Several OCs from Tails of Babylon were also planned. I'll post them later.

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Fri May 10, 2019 10:32 pm
Profile WWW

Who were the other members of the forum that had characters in this game? :?:

Sat May 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Four, but I meant Tails of Babylon, the game, not Team Babylon, the people making it, in this instance. Reinhardt, Efran, Blu-e, Nue and Olde, and Baskerville from Tails of Babylon were planned to be playable, while Jenny and Tybalt would make cameos in endings.
Attachment:
Reinhardtpalette.png
Reinhardtpalette.png [ 235.51 KiB | Viewed 1167 times ]

Note to everyone, a grayscale pallet is not a good idea for a character that is already gray. 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10 are Scarface from Animals of Farthing Wood, Tod from The Fox and the Hound, Disney's Robin Hood, Tails from the Sonic franchise, and Kitsune.
Attachment:
Bluepalette.png
Bluepalette.png [ 135.06 KiB | Viewed 1167 times ]

This is the other Joke Character. We had the idea of making him the "Dan Hibiki" of the game. Basically, he was supposed to be a terrible version of how Peanut was going to play. 4 is Falstaff, 10 is Reinhardt. 12 is Nue and Olde. The rest are just playing with ideas, such as straight up full colors or invert.
Attachment:
Efranpalette.png
Efranpalette.png [ 171.97 KiB | Viewed 1167 times ]

5, 6, and 7 are the different ways the character of Woundwort from Watership Down as been portrayed. The first is from the original movie, the second two are from the TV series. 9 is Zach, 10 is Zales from Tails of Babylon, and 12 is Reinhardt.
Attachment:
nueoldepallet.png
nueoldepallet.png [ 550.08 KiB | Viewed 1167 times ]

4 is based on their original color scheme. 5 is based on Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7. 6, 7, and 9 are based on how the nue is portrayed in the Shin Megami Tensei series. 10 is Reinhardt, 12 is Barghest from Tails of Babylon.
Attachment:
Baskervillepallets.png
Baskervillepallets.png [ 134.16 KiB | Viewed 1167 times ]

Don't recall all of them. I know 5 is WereGarurumon from the Digimon series. Want to say 6 is Manectric from Pokémon. Can't recall 4 right now. 10 is supposed to be Poncho, I think. 7 and 12 are Balto and Niju from the formers series of movies.

Maybe I will post the ones I made for forum members later on. Y'all think I should make this a thing?

Icon by ChaokoCartoons

Sat May 11, 2019 11:55 pm
Profile WWW

I really do like how they all have come out nicely and your work! If you want to post more, then go for it! ^_^

Sun May 12, 2019 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6