Bruno
Oliver (Savestate)
Green-Eyed Monster
Ghost
Freddy (Simon and Freddy)
Tiger
Gold
Shadow

That Green-Eyed Monster one wouldn't happen to be a reference to how Bino has that trope marked down in TV Tropes' characters page for this comic now, would it? If so, I love it.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Post Re: Fighting Game Idea
Of course! :lol:

Icon by Krytus the Dreamer.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

Okay, here's a question. Since this is connected to Tails of Babylon, should have the characters use their weapons when they fight or not?

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:02 pm

I would figure as part of their specials or finishers.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Banner Artist

Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
Indeed, either that or have it be apart of their more specialized techniques or heavy hits, but typically they will be involved in their finishers.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:12 am
Profile WWW

I guess for example, Peanut's projectile could be the Fun Ball, while his finisher utilizes Guardian Spirit. Grape could use the broom in a mid-range special, while her finisher would have Serial Sleeper.

Though maybe Tarot and Sabrina could actually have their respective starting weapons as part of their regular attacks. The short-lived Fighting is Magic My Little Pony game had Twilight do all of her fighting with a spellbook.

We could also see about making characters that fight in units. I know it's possible, though the only example I can think of was never finished in Mugen.

...I think I'll do Fido palettes next.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:29 pm
Profile WWW

Grape could have a projectile where she sweeps the ground dirt rough at someone. It's mostly a short ranged projectile, but it's pretty high, eats other projectiles and can somewhat stop people from jumping in on her.

Peanut could use a water gun as a beam attack. it comes out very fast, but unlike other beams it aims for the head, easily being ducked under. Could also give him a Hadouken snowball, complete with Peanut getting really into the spirit of it and thrusts his palms out while shooting the snowball.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm up for Grape having an attack that works similarly to Shao Khan's Emperor's Shield attack. I figured that the fun ball would be Peanut's projectile, though I'm for having him throw it in a similar fashion to a Hadouken.

Getting started on Fido's proposed palettes, I need ideas for six of them. Already did the ones that are shared among the rest of the submitted cast.

Had an idea for a villain. How about a Manticore? Though preferably not the variant with the human face, that's creepy. Since ToB had Nue and Barghest, let's make this one female, to shake it up a bit. Don't have an idea for motives, though.

EDIT: Did some more reading on mythological creatures, how about an al-mi'raj or skvader?

Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:38 am
Profile WWW

Let's not do the manticore, it's basically a European nue. I like the idea of a rabbit like celestial.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:19 am

Alright, I'm up for rabbit. We could call her Mirage, to make the naming easier. Want to add the wings from the skvader? Horned, winged rabbit!

Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

We could call her Mirage Al'mir'aj, :P Like Spirit Dragon or whatnot.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Okay. So, currently working on her concept. It'll be an edit of a Zach image. Don't have the luxury of having a female rabbit model.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:46 pm
Profile WWW

Attachment:
mirageconcept.png
mirageconcept.png [ 3.18 KiB | Viewed 2418 times ]

Boom, quick concept of Mirage. I may have gotten carried away with her spikes. Now, this could be a "mortal" first form. Her true form could be about the size of a human adult, like Pete, Dragon, and Kitsune's "casual" form. That I can't do with my current level.

Like the poems she's from, she's deceptively vicious, though she could also carry herself like a sweet girl, even when fighting. Still not sure on a motive. Oddly enough, I had a (pretty bad) idea for motive from another game. The final boss holds a tournament literally because she's bored, and has the grand prize be reincarnation for the participant who wins, as they're all already dead. Won't go into further detail on the game for reasons.

Something to justify making a tournament is surprisingly hard for me to come up with.

Also, still need ideas for six Fido palettes.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Banner Artist

Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
An interesting design, though still hard to determine without a female model :P I'll see what I can whip up, cause I find this neat so far.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:00 pm
Profile WWW

Liking this so far. Sounds good to have a "villain" who's sweety-happy like.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Alright. Though may I suggest making her claws noticeable? Rabbits are vicious fighters when they need to be in reality.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

Nice job, D-Rock. Mirage's description kinda reminds me of BB Hood from Darkstalkers for some reason.

D-Rock Wrote:
Alright. Though may I suggest making her claws noticeable? Rabbits are vicious fighters when they need to be in reality.

I would say yes.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm AWARE of BB Hood, but I've never played Darkstalkers. My brother and I were street fighter and mortal kombat kids.

Second note, I forgot to change her eye color. Use what you see fit.

UPDATE: So I received this suggestion.
Krytus The Dreamer Wrote:
Since you've taken the time to actually suggest things for my story i wanted to try suggesting something for that fighting game you're working on. like what i do with your suggestions you don't necessarily have to follow it but i think its an interesting idea.

What if the tournament was a U&U simulator that trains noobs how to properly play "the game", and the characters in the roster are like Super Smash bros style Amiibos that have replicated memories and personalities of the cast. This can explain why the can come in all kinds of skins and why they can also encounter themselves, which solves the violence thing if you consider they're replicas meant to simulate the avatar status, and when they're beaten they revert back into statues or something.

As a side note i can't stop thinking about Kitsune managing this training simulator in a little hobby shop named Tool Kit.

Personally, I think that this works for the Arcade build, or even the Training mode. Not for the Story build, though. So, what're everyone else's thoughts?

Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

That sounds like it would work.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:08 am
Banner Artist

That sounds really neat, and would make a lot of sense, but if we were to have two different kinds of plots or realities of the game that'd be kinda weird right? I mean the story version wouldn't have to involve the concept of the Arcade at all, but if the villain's whole thing is tournaments then why not just have her be the main deal in both?

It's either one or the other in my opinion, and while the proposed concept is REALLY neat, I personally don't think we should use it for this game.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:18 am
Profile WWW

Well, we still have plenty of time to figure this out. I remember suggesting the Arcade build would have Barghest as the final boss, though, while the Saga build would be a continuation of ToB.
UPDATE: Got the palettes for Mirage. She was fun!
Attachment:
miragecharactercolors.png
miragecharactercolors.png [ 68.13 KiB | Viewed 2248 times ]

Normal
Reversed
Black and White
Classic Zach (turns out that Zach had a pinkish color when he was first introduced)
Hazel (Watership Down TV Series)
Inverted (mostly)
Primrose (Watership Down TV Series)
Ghost
Pete
Spirit Dragon
Gold
Nue and Olde

Still need six ideas for Fido.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 am
Profile WWW

I needed something to preoccupy myself, have some Zach palettes.
Attachment:
Zachfaceset.png
Zachfaceset.png [ 51.36 KiB | Viewed 1957 times ]

Normal
reversed
Black and White
Jack Savage (Zootopia)
Karishad
Grape
Blackavar (Watership Down TV series)
Ghost
White Mage (FF1)
Slate (original)
Gold
Shadow

...looking at Slate now, it almost could be another character from the WD tv series, Vervain. And before anyone says anything about the Grape collar, from what I understand of the palettes in MUGEN colors that are shared will be altered at once, and Zach currently shares his eye color with his collar.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

So...

A while ago, I got bored and started thinking about this. So, on a random whim, decided to make a mock-up of an intro movie. While really just messing around, I had fun with the different Movie Maker effects. Timing could have been better, but overall I liked how it came out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zzdH ... p=drivesdk

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:25 am
Profile WWW

Hmmmmmm......I thought of a sort of different idea for a Housepets! fighting game. It's 3-on-3 much like King Of Fighters:

Hero Team: Peanut, Grape, Maxwell (Basically, an equivalent to the classic Kyo/Benimaru/Daimon Japan team but with a female on the team)
King's Team: King, Bailey, Fox (The game's equivalent to the K' Team. Bailey is slow but strong and kinda acts like a female version of Maxima, leaving Fox to be like a male equivalent to Kula/Whip)
Arbelt Team: Tiger, Marvin, Zach (The game's version of the Ash/Duolon/Shen team. Zach is basically the Ash of the game, being a kinda feminine guy. Marvin is a quiet gentleman like Duolon and Tiger's a hotheaded brawler like Shen)
Nerd Team: Joey, Lester, Dallas (Basically, a nerdier male version of the High School Girls team. They'd probably have the catchiest and most cutesy J-pop ish fight theme)
K9 Unit Team: Fido, Kevin, Ralph (Kinda the Ikari Warriors of the game. Fido is the balanced fighter, Kevin is the grappler and Ralph is a speed fighter)
Good Ol Dogs Team: Bino, Rex, Duchess (Kinda the "Outlaw" team of the game, although Bino could be like the game's Iori)
Womens' Team: Sasha, Tarot, Sabrina (The all-female team)
Ferals Team: Jessica, Trinket, Cory (Kinda like the Korea team with Jess taking Kim's role and Trinket and Cory being the Choi and Chang of the game. Why Cory and Trinket instead of Falstaff and Truck? Well, Cory's skunk spray could be utilized into some creative attacks and Trinket could easily be the Choi of the game)
Demigods Team: Kitsune, Pete, Dragon (Basically, an unlockable boss team)
Unlockable Standalones: Itsuki, Res, Satau, Ptah, Mungo

I have no clue who the Final Boss could be. Thoughts?

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Never played king of fighters, so wouldn't know how that would work. Team-based fighters that I've played are limited, like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had a single powerful final boss as opposed to a two-man team (there is one character on each faction that can only be played alone). Marvel vs. Capcom 3, which had 3 vs. 3 setups, also used three people for the final boss; Akuma, Wesker, and finally, if you beat those two, and they often fought simultaneously, you'd go up against Galactus.

In case y'all didn't know, I used the American intro song from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the video I posted.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5