A Place to Share Your Housepets! Universe Characters

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Douglas Collier

A Place to Share Your Housepets! Universe Characters

Post by Douglas Collier »

Ok, so I've realized that there are a lot of people who have characters that are in the Housepets! universe, but not located specifically in Babylon Gardens (I have another thread for if you have some that are).

Here you can post pictures, character sheets, background information, etc. of your OCs/fursonas that inhabit the Housepets! universe and chat about them. You may also describe and/or post images of your characters' residences (where they live, what their neighborhoods and houses are like, etc.)

NOTE: Since this thread isn't specifically limited to Babylon Gardens, I suppose you RP people technically could share your roleplay OCs/OOCs here - however, I wouldn't recommend it since there are already several threads for that in the RP Out of Character forum.

Rules:
All forum rules apply here, so don't post anything inappropriate.
I'd ask that you don't post long stories and such, but feel free to share links to them or attach them as document files.
If you make changes to your characters or residences, you can edit your post - just make sure to make it known that the post has been edited.

Enjoy! :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Re: A Place to Share Your Housepets! Universe Characters

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What happens if your character is the same in Babylon Gardens and the same in a role-play?
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:What happens if your character is the same in Babylon Gardens and the same in a role-play?
Well, since there's not an official RP for Babylon Gardens, I suppose you could post in the Babylon Gardens thread.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Here are a couple of sketches of my fanfic characters, who reside outside of Babylon Gardens.
Preliminary Plot: Several months before Heidi's trip into Babylon Gardens, a squirrel named Tread-Tail and his band of merry trouble-makers crossed paths with the young apricot-colored poodle. Tread-Tail's grunts were pilfering Holly's buried bones and Heidi was taking the blame. One afternoon, Heidi waited in cover to catch the thieves in the act. However, they managed to evade her trap and scampered off into the wilderness. She pursued her quarry to a massive secluded fortress, inside of which Tread-Tail's army patiently stood on guard. With incoming reinforcements blocking her retreat, Heidi had no choice but to fight back.
Heidi's Signature Move: Four Point Paw Exploding Fur Technique. This strike causes the defender to go bald.
Attachments
ROADKILLERS.jpeg
ROADKILLERS.jpeg (188.37 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
Heidi vs Harrison.jpg
Heidi vs Harrison.jpg (33.89 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who is the tall guy?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

The tall guy is Harrison the Hare (yeah, great name I know). Unlike the other thugs, who only had minor vehicle-related incidences and are mainly working for the money, his story runs a bit deeper. He wasn't always a feral, but his discovery of a horrible truth filled him with resentment toward man and all animals fraternizing with man.
Perhaps Heidi and her words of wisdom can change the outlook of this gang and- what am I saying?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I'm guessing the others are really small since he and Heidi look close to the same height.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The hare is as tall as a human :shock:
I wouldn't be surprised if THAT is one of the reasons he's got a grudge against humans and animals
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Yeah, Harrison is the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar of hares... kind of like this guy:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_u ... 00_306.jpg

The others are ankle-biters by comparison, though Karus (I made a typo before. He's named after one of the characters in Felix Salten's "Bambi: A Life in the Woods," so I'm guessing it's an Austrian name?) is kneeling slightly out of frame.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Admittedly, Harrison does look kind of cute.
Douglas Collier

Wow, apparently I changed species and got promoted to General. :shock: :P
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Oh gosh, I honestly did not consider that :oops: . I named him Douglas because he's suppose to be a Douglas' squirrel, which I think I may have confused with an Abert's squirrel in terms of the ears (though I think that they both have pointed tufts over their ears). Douglas the Abert's squirrel.

Still, not a guy you want to mess with. He looks like he does nothing but bench-press tree branches and crush walnuts with his bare hands.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since Holly can see Harrison's head, does that mean she is also a giant compared to the others?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

To answer your question, I originally intended for the Lotor Brothers to be under waste-high of Harrison and a little under chest-high of Heidi (just a little shorter than Holly). Harrison is supposed to be 40-50% taller than Heidi (at least if you include the ears). I drew these mainly to give myself a rough feel of the characters and can hammer out details later.
Anyway, here are a few preliminary summaries/bios of the Roadkillers.

Karus (code name: Kar Wreck): a young stag with an iron-hard head. He joined the Roadkillers after he was hit by a bus... while attempting to drive an abandoned car he found on the side of the road. He had the right of way, darn it!

Lotor-Motor Brothers (code names: Whip and Lash): twin juvenile raccoons named Mack and Jack. They ran away from their home and joined the Roadkillers in search of adventure and mischief. Beware, for they are masters of subterfuge, misdirection, and cheap shots below the belt.

General Douglas (he needs no code name): the buff commander of the squirrel army. He’s Tread-Tail’s most trusted subordinate. Do not underestimate him based on his height, for he subdues beasts more than five times his size for breakfast.

Harrison (code name: Big Ford): the huge hare with a tragic tale. Shortly after losing his mother when he was just an infant, he was captured by a scientist named Dr. Fetterman and taken to a biotech facility. Initially, Dr. Fetterman saw Harrison as nothing more than just another test subject for an experimental growth hormone, but overtime the two bonded. One day, Dr. Fetterman left the company and took Harrison home, using an anesthetic to make his associates think that the specimen was dead and that he was disposing it safely.
For two years, the couple lived blissfully like father and son, though Dr. Fetterman never revealed what he had done to him. He did not allow Harrison to go outside unless he wore baggy clothes, put on sunglasses, and covered his ears under a hat. However, Harrison had always wondered why he was so much larger than other hares. His questions were answered when he came across Dr. Fetterman’s journal. After confronting his master with the truth and lambasting him for an hour, Harrison disappeared into the wilderness, his heart filled with resentment against man and the animals gullible enough to follow him. He subsequently joined the Roadkillers and became their best weapon.

Tread-Tail: the head honcho. Tread-Tail got his name when a police car accidentally ran over his tail. Something inside him snapped that day, such that he saw humans as a pestilence to the planet. He rallied countless squirrels around the globe to follow him in his quest to overthrow humanity. In the process, he assembled a secret elite squad known as the RoadKillers, which included non-squirrel fighters with a thirst for revenge and chaos. These fighters only know half of his plan, unaware that he intends on having the squirrels rule over the world with an iron fist.
Last edited by dryideabat on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trying to figure out how a deer would be able to drive a vehicle.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Who knows how he did it with those cloven hooves? It just might be one of nature's mysteries! DUN DUN DUN!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Unless he just went straight and couldn't turn.