Housepets! three’s a pair

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Vitor The Dog

Housepets! three’s a pair

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Chapter 1 Welcome to Babylon Gardens
A brown husky with a blue bandana and a tabby cat not wearing a collar walk around a neighborhood by the name of Babylon Gardens, an ideal neighborhood for humans and animals all to live in peacefully.
The husky and the cat before looked at the newspaper and said that they have been saving up a lot of money to live there and leave two other dogs and cats to take care of their grandmother while they are gone.
The husky's full name was Vitor Henrique Farias, while the cat’s name was Mimi Farias. Both of them came from Brazil but had learned the English language years ago. They came to explore the world a bit and see if they would find friends for Vitor.
Vitor and Mimi were talking about where to live and how it seems that it is difficult to find a home to live in.

“Hmm”
“What is it Vitor?”
“Mimi, how long will it take for us to find a home for ourselves?”
“Well, it’s only a matter of time; don't worry, we will surely find a home to live in. Maybe we should ask someone to afford us a house. I heard from the Milton ferrets that they are currently doing a free discount for pets to afford houses and that-”

Vitor turned away from Mimi's conversation and noticed two muscular dogs walking down the other side of the sidewalk, one of which was wearing a yellow bandana and a brown collar with dog tags and appeared to be a husky; that dog also had a scar on his right eye with three scratches, but Vitor didn't notice it at first glance due to how far he seemed to be and the fact that he appeared to be less muscular next to the dog in front of him who was taller and had Vitor seems to be distracted, looking at them as if he were attracted by them.

“Vitor? Vitor!”
“Oh, w-what is it?”
“Were you paying attention to what I was saying?”
“Ah, y-yes!”
“Hmph! liar.”

Mimi gave a grumpy look into Vitor.

“You have to pay attention to what people are talking about before looking at something else.”
“Right, sorry…”

Mimi and Vitor continued walking until they came to a stop in front of a house, rang the doorbell, and a dog with brown fur, a red collar, and a bone tag appeared.

“Hello there!””

the dog wave his hand, and so do Vitor and Mimi.

“Hi.”
“Hi”.
“So, are you two new pets from the neighborhood?”
“Mhmm, yes we are.”

Mimi nods her head.

“Well, we are pets who are looking for a home to live in. Mind letting us in?”
“Ah well, I'm sorry, but this isn’t a house made for a bunch of people to live in, so...”
“Oh, it’s fine. I understand”
“However, I do know a place for you two to live in.”

The dog pointed to a relatively large house, which is also the home of the wolf pack.

“Oh, thanks there; oh, by the way, what’s your name?”
“My name is Peanut Butter Sandwich. Nice to meet you!”

Peanut offered them a pawshake. Mimi didn't hesitate to give Peanut a pawshake, but when it was Vitor's turn, he did as well, but Peanut noticed that he was looking slightly away and that, despite having someone with him, Vitor seemed to be the shy type of pet, so he smiles, knowing what he'll do the next time they meet.

“And what are your names?”
“My name's Mimi, and the dog next to me is Vitor; he's my brother.”
“Oh cool, I also have a cat sister!" and her name’s Grape.”
“Ah, what a coincidence!”

Mimi and Peanut laugh because they both have siblings of the same species, whereas Vitor looks at the lindberg's house with a blank stare, as if there's something in the lindberg's house that draws his attention, as if something special is waiting for him that he has yet to see for himself, despite the fact that the wolf's house was supposed to be the house they'll live in, and Peanut notices the look to the house.

“Um, is your brother alright?”
“Oh, don't worry about him.Vitor sometimes gets distracted by something, and often if not always he forgets what the topic of the conversation is that we sometimes speak to him about.”
“Okay, well, I also sometimes get distracted doing something else, and grape or mom and dad pull.”
"Hehe, how so?”
“I spend too much time focusing on my 3DS while playing my games, and I hardly notice that someone is calling me or that time has passed.”

The brown dog scratches his head as he feels a slight embarrassment from talking about it. Mimi thanks the dog for the help, and they both say goodbye to the dog.

“Bye!”
“Bye!”
“Bye Bye!”

The dog waved again cheerfully and closed the door as the duo walked to the wolf’s house. They rang another doorbell, and a large muscular wolf with glasses opened the door.

“Hi, sir, we are looking for a home to live in. Would you mind letting us in?”
“Sorry, this house has about 5 dogs and 6 wolves living in it. It’s overcrowded.”
“Oh yes, thanks.”
“Though maybe you can live in the Lindberg's residence, which is a few houses down, there aren’t too many people or animals living there.”
“Okay, thanks there!”
“It’s okay, I’m happy to help.”

The cat and the dog wave goodbye to the wolf, and they go into the Lindberg’s house, which is a few houses next to the sandwiches. It didn’t take too long to get there; that house is where the gray husky lives, though he doesn’t know about his encounter with him. Mimi was about to ring the doorbell until…

“Um, sis?”
“What is it?”
“I feel like I want to ring the doorbell.”
“Huh, well, go ahea--oh wait, this house doesn’t have one.”
“It’s fine”

Vitor begins to knock on the door, and a blond male human with sunglasses opens the door.

“May I Help?”
“Hello sir, we are currently looking for a home to live in. We have foregoing pets who came here because we heard how pet-friendly this neighborhood is. Mind letting us in?”
“Hmmm... well”
“Please, we promise that we will be good pets, and we will do anything if you want.”
“Well, I don’t know if Fox would be okay with this.”
“Fox?”
“It’s a pet of mine. He’s a gray husky. He wears a yellow bandana. He has a collar with dog tags. He has a scar in his right eye. He wears a k9-vest when he’s on duty. He 's my pet dog.”

Vitor recognizes this kind of description that this man provided, and the brown husky wonders if that’s the same dog he saw before, along with the bigger black dog as well. Mimi also recognized this description as well, but she decided to ignore it for now.

“Well, hopefully he’s fine with us here.”
“Yeah, at first he may seem to find you two strange, but after all, it’s easy to befriend him, so you all should be fine.”
“Okay, thanks sir.”

As Vitor and Mimi get inside the house, they see some training equipment for dogs, a few trophies, and a K-9 police certification with the gray husky's full name, Fox Lindberg. Mimi assumed that this dog is from the k9 police dog unit and that he must be hardworking with his job.

“Are these trophies his?”
“Yes, Fox won some trophies along the way, like the frisbee trophy for 2nd place in the best frisbee catch contest years ago.”
“Oh great, I guess he loves this game. Then, I sometimes play this with my brother Vitor, but we haven’t played this in a long while.”
“Yeah, sometimes there are dogs that stop playing this game because of age, not because they lose interest in it, but Fox never gets tired of frisbee throwing.”
“mhmm Good for him”

Vitor looked at the trophies and touched them, and Mimi yelled at him for doing so.

“VITOR!”
“ah! I’m sorry. I’ll put it back where it was.”
“Nono, it’s fine.They are durable, so dropping them on the floor won’t break them.”
“Hpmh, okay, sure.”

Mimi crossed her arms in annoyance as Vitor's tail waggled in delight, having never touched real gold or silver before and feeling something strange, but saying goodbye for doing so. After a while, Mimi and Fox's owner, who introduced himself as Bill Lindberg, talked more about each other's lives and Fox's before devolving a little bit into the black dog whose name was Mungo, then later about Vitor's life as well.

“I'm nervous about meeting this Fox Lindberg, but he said he's a friendly dog and it's nice to be around him, so I shouldn't be.”

He looked down to the window as he noticed Fox and Mungo walking by the house as he saw Mungo saying goodbye to Fox and Fox saying goodbye right back to Mungo before going to the door as Vitor leaves the window and goes to explore his room for a while. The late sunset and earlier night time gave Vitor a mysterious feeling but it’s one to feel that great things may come to his and the gray huskies lives.
Last edited by Vitor The Dog on Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Housepets! three’s a pair

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am loving the work that you have put into this! It is simply marvelous!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:28 pm I am loving the work that you have put into this! It is simply marvelous!
thanks for the feedback i'm very excited to see how my story will turn out

also the 2nd chapter will take a bit longer because i'll be at my grandma's house so i'll be right back in a while
Last edited by D-Rock on Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double-Posting: please use the Edit function to add more to your last post if no one else has posted and less than 24 hours have passed.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that it will be worth the wait if it is anything like the previous chapter! I am really looking forward to it!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Chapter 02 Unexpected meeting
As Mimi and Bill kept talking to each other and Vitor continued to gaze at the window, they heard a door opening from the living room as they hear a voice coming from it.

"I'm home!”
"Hi Fox, how was your day?”
"It was okay, today i went to arrest someone who was drunk driving it was a man who was in his 30s and-”

The gray husky noticed the cat who was in the living room and he made a confused look into Bill and Mimi and asked the following question.

“Um… dad, who is this?”
“Oh this? well, they are your new roommates Mimi and Vitor”

Mimi said to herself in her mind.

“...Wait, that’s one of the dogs that Vitor saw on the sidewalk when we were walking here, I didn't know he lived here…”
“Wait, there's two pets here?”
“Yeah, Mimi, who's the cat right next to me.”
“Hi.”

Mimi waved her hand slightly.

“And a dog named Vitor, who’s in your room right now.”
“Wha- you just let a dog in my room right away?”
“Don’t worry, I'm sure he’s not doing anything with your toys,clothes and-”
“Dad!”

Fox started blushing in embarrassment, probably because of the presence of someone who he doesn’t know of, while mimi giggled a bit.
Fox looked away while blushing, it was clear to mimi that even though Bill says some unwanted things to Fox, it’s clear that he cares for him like a pet owner would.
Mimi tries to break up the awkwardness of the situation.

“Um… would you like for me to call him?”
“Yeah, obviously.”
“Fine then, Vitor!”

Vitor heard Mimi’s voice, as he peaks out of the room, Vitor noticed the gray husky standing with his arms at his hips with a slight angry at his face, Vitor panicked a little bit, as his heart sends a nervous shock and begins to talk towards where Mimi and Bill are.

“Ah, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to touch anything, please forgive me!”

Vitor bowed his head and apologized for touching his things, as Fox crossed his arms and calmed down a bit and his expression turned from a subtle disappointed look to his owner.

“*sigh* Look dad, you shouldn’t allow random pets to be in my room all of a sudden.”
“I know, I just thought that he wouldn’t be the type of dog to break things.”

Fox looked at Vitor’s nervous face, he noticed that he’s about the same height as him and looks slightly identical to him, of course with some differences in fur color and appearance, like fur freckles in his cheeks for example. He definitely doesn’t look like the kind of dog to break things a lot and seems to be obedient to others a little.

"It’s alright though, nothing too major.”

Vitor turned his head right back at Fox and realized something and asked the same question that Mimi had in her mind.

“Wait, you’re that same dog I saw a few hours ago!"
“Wait, you saw me with Mungo?!”

the conversation becomes quiet and awkward again, until.

“Oh i didn’t know you lived here, nice to meet you Fox Lindberg.”[/color]

Vitor closed his eyes and gave Fox a smile as if nothing strange had happened before, as his tail wagged happily to meet another dog, Fox thought it was strange at first seeing his thoughts change suddenly, but doesn’t seem too bothered by it.

“Well Nice to Meet you too Vitor”

Fox gave Vitor a pawshake, while Vitor felt nervous yet excited at the same time, Fox later turned to Mimi and said the same thing to her and gave her a pawshake as well.

“So… are you two new pets from the neighborhood?”
“Yes we are, we’re both foreign pets who came to this neighborhood to start a new life together, but we didn’t find a house to live in, so we asked some pets and humans where to live and some wolf guy with glasses pointed the direction of this house, meet your owner and that’s about it.”

“Wolf with glasses?”
“Yeah, that’s what I said.”
"You mean Miles?”
“Oh, that’s his name?”
“Yeah, i know him he’s from the wolf pack and lives in a household which belong to the Milton ferrets and is pretty occupied for having his entire family, plus cousin and a friend of mine”
“Hmm i see, it’s a small world, who knew some people we talked with knowed about you.”
“Hehe yeah i agree,”

As the two kept talking, Vitor stared at the gray husky and thought of how cute,cool and handsome he is to the point he couldn’t say anything to him except blush a little, but Fox seemed more focused on Mimi More than anything, then Bill pulled Vitor’s attention.

“Hey there, would you like to eat or drink something?”
“Well, Maybe a sandwich of ham and cheese?”
“Okay, coming right up!”

As the rest of the day goes, it was midnight, at around 12:30 am and it was time for everyone to sleep.
Because of how Mimi and Vitor started to live there, they didn’t have a place to sleep yet, so they had to sleep on the couch or the comfy floor of the house.

“Well guess that’s it for this day, it’s time for us to sleep.”

Everyone agreed that it was bedtime.

“Since you two don’t have where to sleep yet, two can either sleep in the couch or in the floor”
“I'll let Vitor sleep on the couch, After all I've been kinda mean towards my brother so i’ll just punish myself if that makes sense, hehe.”
“Fine, I guess that settles it then, goodnight!”
“Goodnight!”
“Goodnight!”
"Goodnight!”

Fox and Bill leave and goes to their rooms to sleep, as Vitor lays on the couch and Mimi lays on the floor.

“Mmmm… this floor is surprisingly comfy, how about you Vitor, feeling alright?”
“Yes.”
“Alright that’s good, well then, goodnight Vit.”
“Goodnight Mimi.”

Mimi sleeps on the floor which has a pillow for her head to rest, as well as a blanket to avoid getting cold, while Vitor sleeps on the couch with the same stuff that Mimi had and Vitor speaks for himself.
“I have met Fox Lindberg and his owner, it seems that Fox is okay with us living here though. I hope we get to be good friends at the end of the day.”

Vitor closed his eyes and fell asleep. Normally he’s scared when he’s sleeping in the dark but something about it made him feel safe, as the night sky was clean with multiple stars, with the bright moonlight shining over the window. Vitor begins to dream of something that he’s in a black static void with 2d white orbs on the floor aligned as if it was a line, more like a tree leading to multiple mirror with dark red gold to them all which had nothing in them just pure black of nothingness, as well as some runes in the all Written…

“Memories of Fox Lindberg”
“Hmm, these dreams again”

It wasn’t Vitor’s first time of Having dreams like these, the First time he had those, wa when he was a puppy dreaming of his parent’s memories, so did he also dream of Mimi’s as well though one thing was different, usually when he dreams like this it always has images of the person’s memories running through them like a video but in Fox’s case there was nothing, Vitor assumed that maybe because he wasn’t sleeping in the same room as Fox’s but as of right now it was unclear of it yet so Vitor decide to wait for another day to come.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This chapter really came out very well-written! Wonderful work on it!
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

I feel like your character and my character would get along nicely. They both have the ability to view other people's memories but I'm guessing yours is more in-depth while my character's ability is tied to extreme emotions, objects and places.
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

thanks for the praise everyone i'm like getting positive feedback from people :D
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

The setup of this is looking great!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that the next part of this is just as wonderful and impressive as the first few you put up!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Hi everyone! just to let you all know that the 3rd chapter is half way done i'll be posting it sooner or later :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Will be really looking forward to what the next chapter is gonna be like! I can't wait to see what you have planned!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Chapter 03: Rivisiting the Sandwiches
As Vitor tries to sleep in the endless void, he hears a familiar voice, though it was not someone from his family, but rather someone he knows of some time ago.

“Oh, look who’s here again!”

He saw a White dog whose fur had geometric colored shapes around his belly, and had a blue right eye, and a red left eye with green,yellow,blue and red fur on his legs, and arms, as well. He didn’t look like any normal dog breed that was, he did seem to look like another husky thought.

“Ah, it’s you again.”
“So Vitor, I've figured that you have moved away and met some new people, how does it feel to meet new people?”]
“Well, it makes me feel happy.”

Vitor says it, while smiling with his eyes closed.

“Aww how adorable it sounds like you made new friends!”
“I can’t say that for sure yet, if they are my friends.”
“Oh, don’t think that,”

the dog pated Vitor’s head

“Now then, you still didn’t answer my question yet on why are you’re here?
“It’s not my fault that I ended up in these kinds of dreams.”
“Oh sorry, i wasn’t being mean in the first place, i was just asking you a question”

The colored dog says in a bright,cheery tone.

“It seems that if i sleep in someone’s house i get to see people’s memories, but then i kind of stopped having them after i visit all of my parents and sisters memories”
“Mhmmm…”
“but in order for me to see them i must be sleeping in the same room as them.
“You got it right, haha!”

Vitor always thought that the dog sort of bothered him, but nonetheless he isn’t someone that he actively dislikes.
The creepy atmosphere, combined with that dog’s presence made him feel weird, as if he’s in some kind of jail with someone else who doesn’t care what kind of bleak situation they are in, like a crazy person, so then he asked another question.

“How long do you plan to be here?”
“At least till the next day arrives,I'll wait until I'm out of this disturbing place.”
“Well okay then, make sure to not be scared of ghosts or bugs or needles!”

The dog Leaves the place by walking away into the darkness, as Vitor sits next to the white line tree, and closes his eyes saying the following words.

“Tomorrow, it will be another day.”

As the Night passed the house started to become lightened up by the sky turning blue by the sun, no one had awakened yet, until it was time for the birds to sing.
Mimi wakes up as she yawns, as she watches Vitor still asleep, she wonders if she wants to wake up Vitor now or wait until everyone is awake. Since Vitor is a heavy sleeper and doesn’t like to be awakened by force,Mimi chose the latter and went into the Kitchen to prepare some food for everyone.

“Hmm, there’s nothing here besides some bread,cheese,jam and-”

Mimi noticed some donuts inside the fridge

“Oh, donuts. Hmm well, Vitor likes donuts but it's under Bill’s name, maybe I should ask him if Vitor could eat some donuts then.”

Mimi closes the fridge and thinks about if she will make a sandwich for toast, after a while Mimi decided to make some toast for everyone and saw a toast which was the one where people put two slices of bread vertically and as such, she starts to work.
After a few hours, Fox woke up and arrived at the kitchen.

“*yawn* Good Morning Mimi.”

Fox Whips his own eyes from just waking up.

“Good Morning Fox!”

Mimi waves to Fox and Fox waves back giving her a slight smile, as Mimi looks at Fox’s face and wonders something about him.

“Um… Fox?”
“What is it?

Mimi at first felt awkward asking this question to him at first but she did it nonetheless, it was not mentioned yesterday .

“So… how did you get that scar in your eye?”
“Hmm?”
“Like how did you get it and how long was it there?”
“Ah,i got it when i was doing police work around last year during summer, because some badger guy named Steward Herman transformed a teenage kid into a squirrel because he wanted to bankrupt the ECP, which was used to give animals some rights like how humans do, i tackle him while he was talking to one of the Milton ferrets and i hold him still till some bird came in stole a coin which used to transform everyone, i got distracted looked away and when i turn back next thing i saw was his claw which was about to hit my eye”
“Ouch! what happened next?”
“i got incapacitated, i let him away,Mungo and Fido took me to the police hq and prepared a first medicine kit for it, and for a few months i had to wear an eyepatch for the time being till in april where Ralph wanted to check on how we are doing physically at the vet luckily my eye was fine, the vet said that he didn’t get to hit the cornea so i stoped using the eyepatch, i’ll admit though i was disappointed at it.”
“Huh? why?”
“Well… it’s just that I wanted to look cool with it.”

Mimi Giggles a little from the fact that Fox wanted to keep the eyepatch just to look cooler and gives him a compliment.

“Well I think you look cooler with that scar in your eye.”
“Thanks there, though everyone says the same thing to me but I brush it off haha, i think i still have it in my room in my drawers.”
“Huh, cool there.”

While Mimi and Fox were talking with one another, Vitor's ears were twitching and hearing the conversation as he opened his eyes a bit and frowned a bit but it wasn't something to make him sad, Fox heard some ticking noise coming from the toaster.

“Anyway I see that you’re making some toasts for us.”
“Yes, usually I wake up first to prepare some toast for Vitor, he likes when I give him cheese and ham because to him it's tastier that way.”
“Hmmm, i see.”

As the topic goes, Vitor wakes up next much to the surprise of Mimi, since recently he is always the last one to wake up. Seeing him wake up next was a little shocking to her.

“Oh Good Morning Vitor, you’re awake now”
“Good Morning sis.”
“Hi Vitor Good Morning.”

Once again Vitor looked at Fox as if he had some interest in him, which made Fox confused.

“Um Vitor?”

When Fox asked him Vitor snapped back at reality and replied to Fox back.

“Oh, hi Fox.”

Fox was kind of lost at first with the way Vitor was looking at him and he asked Mimi something.

“Does your brother do this all the time Mimi?”
“Well of course not, never really seen Vitor looking at someone like that.”
“Sorry if the way I stared at you was rude to you Fox.”
“No it’s fine, besides I didn't think the way you stared at me was rude in any way.”
“Anyway, Vitor, I made some toasts for us, Well only for Fox so far but I'll make one's for you and me and Mr Bill.”
“Ah Great!”

Vitor got up from the bed and started walking to the table, because he just recently woken up. He's a bit dizzy,sleepy and slower but he arrives shortly and sits in one of the chairs in the table and starts to tap the table quietly with his own hands, waiting for Mimi to finish preparing his food.
While Mimi was Preparing Vitor,Fox and Bill’s toasts, Fox turned to Vitor and asked a question.

“So, how was your first day sleeping here?”
“Eh?, oh well it was fine.”

Because Vitor isn’t so used to having conversation with other people, he doesn’t look at Fox in the face and instead looks at the wall thinking about his own dream from last night until.

“To be honest, it was kind of intriguing sleeping here, though it may be because of the moonlight that was reflecting on the window. It felt romantic, almost made me want to have someone to hug and cuddle with.”
“Hehe yeah…”

Fox looked down feeling a bit sad at the fact that he doesn’t have a companion of his own yet but started to think about someone instead, as Vitor noticed his expression.

"What 's wrong? Did I say something wrong?”
“Oh, it’s nothing.”

Fox blushed slightly when Vitor spoke to him but his cheeks became normal again, but it was too late and Vitor made a comment about it.

“Well it’s okay to blush at things like this, I've been thinking about finding someone to love and how that dog and cat will deserve my affection if they are very nice to me.”
“Yeah, Bailey said this to me about someone deserving of my affection, I guess I'll take her word for it.”
“Yes, we all need someone who could be at our side for the rest of our lives. We just need to find the right person or else it might result in a toxic relationship.”

While Mimi is talking and finishing making toasts for everyone, a Thought just came over Vitor’s head and asked.

“Um, Mimi?”
“Yes?”
“I think I want to walk around and explore the neighborhood a little, and meet new pets around here.”
“I can take you around if you want.”
“Thanks Fox, I appreciate your company.”

Vitor smiled at Fox, as his tail wagged happily.

“It’s fine really after all, I have known this neighborhood for years since I came here the first time.”

Vitor and Mimi believed in what Fox had said and the toaster beeps as the slices come out.

“Ah, it’s done already.”

Mimi gave the toasts to Vitor, then later to Fox.

“Thanks there Mimi.”
“Yes thanks sis!”

Vitor bited his own toast as his ears peak up.

“Hmmm!, delicious!"

Fox bited his own toast as well

“Oh I agree! It 's very good!”
“Thanks, I learned it from my mother, she’s the one who cooks in the house.”

Mimi says it confidently while Bill who has woken up greets the others

“Good Morning everyone!”

Everyone replied with Good Morning back, Bill noticed the toasts that the two huskies were eating and saw Mimi Making toasts.

“Ah! I see Mimi is making toasts for everyone, mind making one for me as well?”
“Of course mr Lindberg”
“Great, I'll be waiting for a while now.”

When Mimi finished making toast for Bill and after everyone ate it including herself, Vitor got up from the chair and walked towards him.

“Mr Lindberg?”
“Yes?”
“Mimi and I want to explore the neighborhood around here, and meet other pets as well. Would you mind if Fox comes with me as well?, just to take me around?”
“No problem. Just make sure to be back before night okay?”
“Okay, Thank you.”

After some time, Mimi,Vitor and Fox prepare themselves for a small tour around Babylon gardens as they leave and wave to Bill and everyone gives him a goodbye.
The three pets are walking in the sidewalk, as the brown husky and tabby cat look around the houses and admire its looks.

“What a beautiful place.”
“I agree with sis, it’s exciting being at an unfamiliar place!”
“Yeah, my dad brought me here since I was a puppy, I have a lot of fun memories around the time I used to be playing as a ninja.”
“Hehe, i know. It’s good having memories of your younger self.”
“Totally.”

Fox once again gave them a vague smile as it turned into a melancholic expression and Vitor noticed his face again, he couldn’t help himself but feel slightly worried about Fox that there is something about him which made him feel a hint of sadness to him, but Vitor choose to ignore it for now again.

“So where do you two wanna go?”
“I think of that house that had a brown dog with a red collar with a bone tag.”
“It’s Peanut, right?”
“Yes, you do know some people around here.”
“Like i said, i’ve lived here years ago, so i practically know almost everyone here.”
“That’s a good thing, Vitor always forgets the name of his own family members even.”
“He does?”
“Yes.”
“Sis!”
“What? I was stating the truth.”
“Hmph.”

Vitor made a grumpy expression from that remark, while Fox laughed it off a bit.

“*giggles*”
“What’s so funny?”
“It’s just the relationship between you two, like the typical brother and sister relationship I saw in those action movies.
“Well, uh, I appreciate that statement.”

The three eventually arrive at the sandwiches house and Fox pressed the doorbell, as Peanut opened the door.

“Oh, hello Fox!”

The dog waved his hand at Fox.

“Hi Peanut, I came here because a dog and a cat wanted to visit you. Don’t mind if you let them in?”
“Sure, why not?”

Peanut saw that it was the same dog and cat he met yesterday. He was shocked but it was a pleasant surprise in the end.

“Ah, Mimi and Vitor, hi there!”
“Hello Peanut.”
“Hi.”

The way that Mimi and Vitor greeted Peanut was different, on one hand Mimi greeted him more loudly and clearly and cheerfully, while Vitor greeted him more quietly and gave him a simple wave, different from Mimi’s more enthusiastic wave.

“So, how are you two doing?”
“Nothing much, we started living in the Lindberg residence now.”
“Ah, that’s great!, and what is it like?"
“It’s good so far, we get to meet Mr Lindberg and his pet Fox.”
“*chuckle* He’s a nice guy, isn’t it?”
“I know right?”

Peanut and Mimi kept talking while Fox started to give a quick talk with Vitor.

“I will go back to my house, make sure to behave okay? i have police work to do”
“I understand.”

Vitor nods his own head up and down as Fox gives him a smile, this time it was a genuine one.

“Okay now, goodbye!”
“Goodbye!”
“Bye!”
“Bye Fox!”

Fox closed the door as he walked back to his house, while Peanut excitedly held Mimi and Vitor’s paws and said.

“Let’s meet my sister Grape! I'm sure she will like your company here.”
“Thanks there.”
“Thanks you too”
“GRAAAPE!”

A purple fur cat comes out of the door wiping her eyes as if she just come out of her sleep and complains.

“Ugh… Peanut, i told you to not yell my name when i’m in my sleep like a thousand times already.”
“Sorry, we have new friends here! Meet Vitor and Mimi!”

Grape was surprised that new pets came around their house, it’s not something she says everyday. Mimi and Vitor were weirded out upon seeing a cat with purple fur. It was something out of the ordinary for them to see a candy colored pet but they didn't ask about it and instead just greeted her normally.

“Hello.”
“Hello.”
“Oh, hi there.”

She started to wave at them awkwardly, because of how Peanut just suddenly introduced them without warning.

“Um, how long were they there?”
“They just came here now.”
“We would like to be around here for a couple of hours, I hope we get to do some fun things together.”
“Yeah!”

The four pets talk with each other about their lives and experiences, as well as a mention of Mr and Mrs Sandwiches, as well as playing games on the wii.

“It was so much fun playing with you guys!”
“Yeah, you two should come here more often.”
“Thank you so much, I love it when my brother has fun with me and himself and it’s even better with many more people around.”
“Hey, how about I show you my Spot comics?”
“You have a comic series Peanut?”
“Yes! I have lots of them laying around in my room, wanna see it?”
“Yes, now I'm curious to know how it is.”
“Great! Come with me!”
“Uh oh.”
"What 's wrong?”
“Well…”

Grape whispers in Vitor’s ear.

“When Peanut shows his Spot comics to someone, he might get too excited to the point of showing almost all of it to someone.”
“Ah, I get worked up on that too when talking about my favorite series.”
“Oh no…”

Grape was perplexed at the fact that Vitor like her brother also talks too much of their things to someone as well, but nonetheless, the two read Peanut’s comics and ask for their opinion on it.

“So what do you think?”
“It’s okay i guess.”
“Aww just that?”
“Well, it’s not bad or anything, but i wouldn’t say groundbreaking either, however it’s fine as it's its own little series of yours, in fact it’s quite fun.”
“*snk* I’m glad you had fun with it.”
“I think I might want to read it again.”
“hey Peanut?”
“What is it Vitor?”
“You wouldn’t mind if i made my own character into your story right?”
“Hmmm…”

Grape whispers in Vitor’s ear again

“Uh, i have to tell you, that Peanut is very possessive over his work, i don’t think he’s gonna allow it.”
“Oh.”

Peanut was unsure of whether or not he would let Vitor put his character into his comic, or deny the request.

“Eh… sorry not really. But you can make your own story with him, as long as he or she or she doesn’t overpower Spot, it will be fine.”
“Okay thank you.”

As Vitor was drawing his own character he spoke to himself, about how much fun he’s having in the neighborhood.

“It’s my second day in Babylon Gardens. It's very fun here, meeting new friends, living new experiences. It makes me happy.”

Though something was not right for him, he reminded himself of the face Fox was making a few minutes ago and as such, he partially worries for him, as he made a slight frown.

“But, I wonder if Fox was right. He seems to feel kind of down when we talk about certain topics, I hope we get to talk more often though.”

As such he continues to draw, enjoying himself with a smile on his face of the happiness that comes to him.
Last edited by Vitor The Dog on Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I did really enjoy reading all of this chapter! You are such a good writer!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:26 pm I did really enjoy reading all of this chapter! You are such a good writer!
thanks i'm the doing the best while i can also sorry if it took a bit longer than the other 2 chapters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh don't worry too much about it because it is understandable. Just as long as you keep on posting them when you can I am pretty sure people won't mind!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:12 pm Oh don't worry too much about it because it is understandable. Just as long as you keep on posting them when you can I am pretty sure people won't mind!
thanks the 4th chapter may or may not take longer because of homework assingments i have frankly it's not too much
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't push yourself to finish the chapter if you are too busy. I'm sure we all can agree that if you need more time you should take it!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Hello everyone just to say that chapter 4 is currently being written so keep your seats tight for the next episode of this series! :)
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Chapter 04 Market Chit-Chat

While Vitor was finishing up his drawing, Grape got up from the floor and asked;

“So, you guys want some water, juice, or something?”

Grape's question drew the attention Grape's question drew the attention of Mimi and the two other dogs, who all responded.

"Yes, I'd like some; I've been thirsty for a while."
“Me too.”
“Me too as well.”
“Okay, I got it then.”

Grape went into the kitchen to grab four water bottles, one for herself and one for herself and three for the others. She grabbed all of them and returned to the room.

“There you go, guys. I hope that your thirst is satisfied.”
“Thank you Grape!”

Peanut opens his bottle and drinks half of it. Vitor and Mimi were surprised that he drank it; while Grape doesn't seem to mind, she is used to seeing Peanut drink half of whatever people give him.

“Ahh, that was refreshing. So, are you almost done with your drawing Vitor?”
“Almost done, I just need to color it.”
“Okay then, I’ll play some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with Grape.”

Vitor's eyes widened. He always wanted to play some Nintendo games, which made him want a Switch for Christmas, but he was unsure whether to finish his drawing or play Mario Kart with them. Instead, he just made some weird noises.

“Ermm…”
“Hmm? What's wrong?”
“Nothing. You guys can play your games.”
“Ooookay, then, weird, but I'll accept it.”

Peanut stood up to go into the living room to play some games with Grape.Meanwhile, Mimi watched as Vitor worked on his sketch. A few hours later, Vitor finished it, ready to show it to Peanut and Grape to see if they liked it.
Vitor got up and walked to the living room. He saw the two pets playing the game together and started thinking.

“Hmmm. I'm not sure if Peanut will like it. My parents and Mimi say that they look nice, but I get the feeling they're only saying that so I don't give up on drawing.”

Vitor exhaled and exhaled again, saying to himself.

“Well, here goes nothing.”
“Um… I finished my drawing.”

Vitor showed off his drawing to them, and Peanut got up from the couch and grabbed it and said.

“Ah! It looks wonderful!”
“Huh?!”

Vitor was surprised how much Peanut liked his drawing, since it looked like a child’s drawing, Normally Vitor doesn’t have the courage to do so because he stresses over others' opinions of him and has some case of inferiority complex. Vitor said to himself in his mind.

“H-He likes it? Ah, I don't know what to say now!”

Vitor’s tail wags when he is admired for his drawing; he gets easily happy if others enjoy his own doings.

“Well, I'm glad you did. I was scared that you might not like it.”
“Yup, Peanut wouldn’t be the type to criticize something that a person puts their heart into.”
“Of course I wouldn't; maybe I'll draw him in the near future. By the way, what’s his name?”
“Oh, I haven't got a name yet. But he does have a superpower which allows him to change his fur color to any combination of colors, and, depending on the color, he gets a different superpower. How about Patchy, considering that the colors makes his fur look like patchwork?”
“Does he have the power to patch things up?”
“No?”
“Then, any ideas for a different name?”
“Uh, how about Blast? No? Uh, Missile?”
“How about Rainbow Canine? After all, he can change colors, right?”
“Oh, that’s a great idea! Grape! Rainbow Canine! Saving some of the citizens of the city behind Spot’s back."

Under his breath, Peanut mumbles something about how Spot is still better though.

“What was that?”
“Nothing.”

The pets hear a door opening, and the gray husky walks in to pick up Vitor and Mimi.

“Hello Fox!”

Peanut and Grape both suddenly jump at the sudden increase in excitement from Vitor, before greeting Fox.

“Oh, Hey There, Fox!”
"Hey guys. "I came up to pick up Vitor and Mimi now that it is almost night time, 6:58 p.m. to be exact."
“Awww, you two are going home already?”
“Yes, I suppose so.”
“Welp, guess we’re going now. It was good playing around with you two.”
“No worries, it was also fun to be around you and your brother as well.”
“Vitor, let’s get going now.”
“Okay then sis”

The tabby cat and the brown husky walk to the door, waving on their way out.

“Bye!”
“Bye!”
"Bye Bye!
“Bye, they always come back!”

Fox closes the door while the crickets make some noise.

“So, how was your day spent in the sandwich house?”
“Ah-”
“It was great. I had so much fun there.”
“Did you get to read Peanut's Spot comic series?”
“Yes, I made my own character for his comic. His name is Rainbow Canine, and he has the power to change his fur color! He also gets different powers depending on the color!”

The three pets talk to one another as they walk back home, and as they reach the Lindberg household, Fox opens the door.

“We’re home.”
“Welcome back! How were you two's day over at the sandwich house?”
“It was cool! We got to hang out with Peanut and Grape, and we got to draw stuff with them.”
"Well, that seems about right. Did any of you eat anything?”
“To be fair, nothing really. Besides the cookies that were laying on the table, I asked Grape if I could take it.”
“Want dinner at the very least?”
“Well yeah I suppose, I am hungry myself.”
“Okay then, Fox, was your day exhausting?.”
“Nah, I'm fine myself.
“Alright then, we’re going to cook up some dinner for Vitor and Mimi.”
“Got it!”
“Thanks there.”
“I appreciate your benevolence Mr Lindberg.”
“No problem there.”
“You can count on us at any time.”
“Thanks”

Everyone sat on the couch, and as the day progressed, it was nearing the time to sleep. Everyone said goodnight to each other as Bill and Fox went into their room, Mimi slept on the floor, and Vitor slept on the couch.

“I guess that settles it for this day then *sigh*.”

Vitor closed his eyes waiting for the next day to arrive
The next day, Vitor woke up...

“*Yawn* Goodmorning Vitor.”
“Good morning sis.”
“Did you sleep well?”
“Yeah, I did. No weird dreams this time around.”
“Hmmm, I see then. Well, should we go and wake up Fox and Mr. Bill?”
“I’m not sure. I don’t want to disturb their sleep.”
“Well, that’s fine by me. Anyway, wanna eat something? Donuts or anything?”
“Donuts.”
“Heh, you’re hung up on these, aren't you? Okay, then, let’s see.”

Mimi got up from the floor and walked towards the fridge, opening it and starting to look for food. Unfortunately, there wasn’t anything good for Vitor to eat.

“Uh, Vitor?”
“Yeah?”
“We’re out of food now. It appears that we will need to visit a grocery store to obtain some.
“Hmph.”

He’s more of an introverted dog than anything and dislikes having to go outside to do stuff, but Vitor has been thinking of entering Fox's room to hang out with him. After a few hours, both Fox and his owner woke up, yawning and greeting Mimi and Vitor.

“Good Morning Mr Lindberg. Good Morning to you too Fox.”
“Good Morning Mimi.”
“Hello Fox and Mr Lindberg.”
“Good Morning you too Vitor and Mimi”

Bill opened the fridge as he spoke and saw very few things to eat. He sighs and turns back to Vitor and Mimi.

“We’re almost out of food now.”
“Yeah.”
“Wait, what?”
“It looks like we need to buy some.”

He closed the fridge as he spoke to the dogs and the cat.

“So, who’s going to go buy some food for today?”
“I'll go buy some.”
“Um… Mr Lindberg?”

Vitor spoke as he got up from the couch.

“Yes Vitor, what is it?"
“I was wondering if I could accompany Fox to purchase some things. I kind of felt like going outside for a bit.”
“Well… Fox, are you okay with this?”
“Personally, I don't mind hanging around with Vitor.”
“Okay, then you are free to go, Vitor.”
“Thank you, Mr. Lindberg.”

Vitor walks right next to where Fox is and tells him.

“Shall we get going now?”
“Yes, Let’s go Fox.”
“Wait, before we go.”

Fox grabs a list of things to buy such as milk, donuts, meat etc.

"Alright, I listed everything for us to buy. Now we are set."
"Okay, Bye Mimi, Bye Mr Lindberg!”
“Bye dad!”
“Bye Fox.”
“Take care of yourselves and Vitor watch out for the cars on the road.”
“Thank you sis.”

Fox and Vitor both wave as Fox closes the door and turns to face Vitor.

“Alright, now we’ll go to the store that’s near here.”
“Of course.”

The two huskies walk away from the neighborhood, and as they walk to the river ridged city, Vitor begins a conversation with Fox.

“Um, Fox?”

Fox’s ears peak up a bit and turns his head to Vitor.

“Yes Vitor?”
“I feel like I want to ask you some questions.”
“What do you want to ask?”
“It’s about your job as a K-9 unit, like why and when did you become one.”

Fox already figured that Vitor would take an interest in his job, but did not expect him to inquire about it so soon

“Oh, I see now. Go ahead and ask me anything.”

Vitor inhales and exhales through his nose and begins askins him.

“So, first off, how long did you become a K-9?”
“Let's see, it's been nearly eight years. I became one during January of the year of 2015, but if you ask when I became a part-time K-9, then it was a year prior, during July.”
“Okay then.”

Vitor looks at the road with the increasing number of cars passing by and asks the following question:

“Next up is why did you decide to become a K-9 yourself?”
“This one may sound a bit strange, but I became one because of… Well.”

Fox had a rough time trying to answer him because of the whole issue with Fido almost 10 years ago, but gave a vague response.

“Let's just say it was because of someone I know.”
“Someone?”
“Yeah, that’s what I said.”
“Hmmm. Though, who was that someone, and what did they do for you to come to this position?”
“I rather not go into the details at least for now.”
“Huh, okay I guess.”

The huskies looked towards both sides of the road. As they saw no cars approach and started to cross, Vitor asked Fox another question.

“And how does it feel to be part of the K-9 yourself?”
“It feels great; it’s fun working there with the other dogs and arresting criminals. I know it’s not perfect, though, and I’m aware of the dangers of it.”
“Like?”
“The scar I mentioned earlier with Mimi, as well as the one dog who wears an eyepatch”
“Oh, but is it like in your case, where his eye is temporarily injured, or did he-”
“Yes, he lost his eye permanently.”
“Ah, well it sucks for him. Good thing that it wasn’t you”

Vitor faced Fox with his eyes closed while smiling in relief that such a terrible thing as losing an eye had happened to him.

“Yeah, you could say I was lucky there.”

Fox scratched his head in regards to his safety there, but, just like the last time, Fox made that one expression that Vitor has been asking about before. At the same time,Fox also held his hands in his back. As Vitor noticed, he asked him about it.

“There you go, making the same face again.”
“What.”
“I noticed that every time we walk, you make this face, Is there something worrying you?”

Fox looks to the front, sighs, and says.

“Nothing, just some random thoughts occurring in my head.”
“*sigh* Well, okay, then sure.”

Fox continues to walk as Vitor follows him, still with his hands behind his back, and Vitor might have detected that there’s something melancholy about the way he is holding them.

As the two dogs walk, they get closer and closer to a supermarket.

“We’re getting closer now.”
“Yep, now we've got to buy the things I listed, and hopefully it won’t take too long to find them.”
“I hope so too.”

Vitor and Fox both arrive at the market, and they grab a cart to put their stuff in and enter inside.

“Okay, first.”

Fox checked over the list of things he noted.

“We need to buy some eggs; I think they are not far away.”
“Mhmm.”

Vitor nods his head in agreement, and they walk to the egg shelves as he brings up another question, this time about the other K-9’s.

"So... I saw that black dog named Mungo who was with you while you were on duty a bit ago. Do you know the other dogs at your station similar to Mungo?"
"Why yes, I do know some of them well: they are Ralph, Kevin, Fido, Terrance and, of course, Mungo."
“And how are they like?”
“The first is Fido. He is a mutt, and I've known him since I was a puppy, and he’s a nice dog.”
“What does he look like? Any specific details?”
“What? Why do you want to know every aspect of him?”
“Um for no reason hehe.”

Vitor and Fox reach the egg shelves, and the gray husky looks over the eggs as he reluctantly responds

"He's a nice dog, very honest with others. Despite you being new here, it's surprising you didn't hear of him earlier. Arguably he is the most popular dog in the neighborhood."
"Hmm, alright then. Since he is popular, how does the neighborhood think of him?"
“To male dogs like me, he is a role model, and to the female ones, they’re down for him.
“*Giggle* My, I imagine how he feels over the fact that the entire neighborhood is praising him.”
“*tch* Yeah.”

Fox grabs a set of eggs and looks at its price.

“Hmm, $1,89 dollars. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to grab another one.”

Fox reaches his hand out and grabs another set, placing it in the cart. Fox also returns to the question about Fido and gives Vitor some extra information.

“Anyway, despite all of the female dogs going crazy for him, his heart already belongs to someone, and it’s not even a dog.”
“Oh?”

Fox turned his eyes to Vitor’s curious expression and made a short sigh.

“Well, it’s a cat, so I’m not going to talk about her since you only want to know about the other K-9s, right?”
“Yes, I guess you’ll leave her for some other day.”
“Yep, let’s see the eggs are done so next thing is some meat, let’s go to the butchery”
“Alright.”

Fox and Vitor saw a line in the middle of the shop as Fox made another sigh.

“It looks like we need to wait here for now.”
“*sigh* Yeah.”

Vitor doesn't like being in lines due to how long they can get. However, to Vitor's relief, there weren't too many people or pets around, so at least it was fair alright. And so Fox noted one more thing about Fido to Vitor as well.

“I just remembered a thing I forgot to mention: that he has maybe two or three siblings.”
“Oh and who are they?”
“Well in order of age I'll say Bino, Maxwell and Joey. Again I'll talk more about them once you ask about it.”
“Okay.”

Vitor looks around at the people walking around with their pets on leashes.

“I think that’s kind of it for Fido now.”
“Anyone else to mention?”
“Guess I'll talk about Kevin then.”
“Hmm Kevin.”

Vitor Blinks as some short japanese characters appear in his pupils displaying the words ケビン in it. Fox noticed slightly and questioned it.

“Um, is it me or am I seeing japanese characters in your eye?”

Vitor blinked again and the Japanese characters disappeared.

“Ah it’s nothing.”
“Ooookay…”

Fox looked back to the line and one person moved away as they walked forwards

“Anyway, about Kevin, he is a Doberman, so of course you don’t need to know what he looks like.”
“Yeah, I agree.”
“But if you want some extra bit of information about his appearance soo much is that he has red eyes so...”
“Ah, he's not evil or anything, right?”

Fox noticed the slight fear brewing on Vitor's face. Fox likely figured that Vitor hasn't seen many dogs with red eyes and that he found it strange.

“Don't worry, not only is there no reason to feel eyes with the color red should be associated with evil, Kevin himself is harmless if you aren't a criminal!”
“Oh what a relief. I thought that he might be some dog from the moon sent here to be a spy to cause a war and purify the earth, and who is secretly an immortal.”

Fox was just speechless at what Vitor just said; perhaps it was some reference that he doesn’t get yet.

“You certainly have a wild imagination there.”

Vitor giggled as he scratched his head and blushed subtly as, a few minutes later, it was their turn. They ordered some bread as Vitor gazed off at the people walking around the market once again.
Vitor whispered to Fox’s ear to buy some sweets for him.

“Psst, Fox.”
“Hmm?”
“Can you buy some jelly-filled donuts for me?”
“Oh, sure.”

Fox requested some jelly-filled donuts from the bakery ladies, who handed them to Fox as he placed them in the cart. He thanks them, and they move on.

“I think we’ll need to buy some juice now.”

Vitor's ears immediately perked up.

“Fox, can you buy me some grape juice as well?”
“Well, fine then.”

Fox looked up the prices and brought some juice packs, including lemon, orange, strawberry,and grape.

“Hmm Fox, any other K-9 you would like to talk about?”
“Well how about Ralph? He’s a german shepherd so he-”
"Ah, German shepherds. I always had a fascination with these kinds of dogs, but I've never encountered one in person; the closest I've had is one of mixed breed."
“You know that’s kind of rude to interrupt someone like that.”
“Oh, sorry about that.”

Fox was kind of annoyed by Vitor's sudden interruption, but he comes back to talking about Ralph.

"So, about Ralph, he’s the sergeant there and, by default, the leader among us; he takes himself very seriously, and so do we.”
“Does he look threatening, or is he the one who looks ridiculously adorable and you have to pretend to take him seriously?”
“Well, he looks like all of the normal K-9 dogs, and the other countless German shepherds working there.”
“Hmm, I see then.”

After Fox started giving minor explanations about the other K-9 dogs, Vitor's mind started to wander. Then Mungo suddenly came to mind and he decided to ask Fox more about him.

“One more thing Fox.”
“Hmm?”
“So, a few days ago, you talked about Mungo to Mimi, right?”
“Yeah so?”
“Well, I wasn’t paying attention to the conversation back then; could you explain to me in a bit more detail about him?”

Fox was surprised at how Vitor wasn't paying too much attention to his conversation from before. At first, it felt unnecessary to talk about Mungo again, but considering Vitor's short attention span with previous conversations at home, he started to talk about Mungo in such a way to keep Vitor interested.

“Okay sure. How about Mungo? You probably saw me walking with him at the end of our duty on Friday, right?”
“Yes?”
“So Mungo does have this aura of danger to him, which is reasonable considering that, if he wanted to, he could crush someone's skeleton with ease. Once you actually meet him however, he's actually a gentledog who wouldn't hurt a single fly.”
“Hmm, strong and threatening dogs who actually are goofballs?”
“Well, yes, I think that would be a perfect way to describe Mungo. Actually, when I said he could break someone’s skeleton, I really meant it."
“Really?”
“Trust me, literally the first time I met him, he broke down the doors by sheer accident and broke my spine once.”
“Oh, that sounds painful.”
“Yeah. At least he learned how to hug me more nicely... but sometimes he forgot his own strength and broke down the door of my house like 8 or 9 times.”
“Oh Yikes! I bet he lives in a house made out of diamonds for him to live normally.”
“*chuckles* I thought so too. I met him around the same time I became a part-time K-9, and at first I didn’t like him."
“Hmm? Why?”
“Because he kept reminding me of something I would rather not talk about, at least for now.”
“Huh?”
“It’s complicated, to say the least.”

Vitor was curious as to what Fox didn't want to discuss. Something in Vitor made him want to get it out of him, but he decided against it since they were in public. Not to mention how awkward it would be.

“Okay, I understand; perhaps we should discuss this more privately.”

Later, after the two dogs had finished gathering everything they needed to feast on, Vitor asked Fox another question.

“So which one of the K-9s are you friends with?”
“I’m friends with Fido and I'm friends with Fido and Mungo. it mostly has to do with him being a role model and an inspiration for me, and for Mungo, it has to do with him helping me out with some duties, just like I said it before.”
“Okay and do you have any friends outside of the K-9?”
“Well, I do, I have King as an example.”
“I see what he is like?”
“He’s sometimes pessimistic and easily worried about everything, not to mention he has trouble doing certain things because of his height.”
“Height?”
“Yeah, he’s a corgi, so he needs either my or someone else’s help to do things that are otherwise easy for taller folks. ”
“Oh, that explains it.”

The two dogs arrive at the cashier as they continue to discuss more about King Milton, Fox’s longtime best friend.

“So you knew him for a very long time, huh?”
“Yes, not as long as Fido, but for years on end.”
"Hey, I recall you mentioning being friends with Bino, but you always sound so bitter when you mention him. He doesn't sound like a great pet."
“*sigh* Yeah. With Bino, I "used" to be friends with him. ”

Vitor noticed that Fox put some emphasis on the word used and further asked him about it.

“Used?”
“Yes, to put it bluntly, Bino is an unlikable jerk who I used to be friends with.”
“Oh, how terrible.”
“Mhmm, even during the days that I was his friend, I was questioning myself about why I was friends with him.”
"I understand that: my mother said that I should never be friends with that kind of person or pet. That I at least had some time to cut it off before they destroy my life. So I guess the best course of action is to avoid him at all costs."
“Yes, I should have taken this kind of advice from someone before.”

Fox and Vitor handed everything over to the cashier, letting them scan the items with their barcode scanner and putting them together into the bags. The cashier asked whether Fox wanted to pay with cash or credit card, to which Fox took out his card with no hesitation. The sudden way he pulled the wallet out of his bandana reminded Vitor of a magic trick, which he found impressive.

“Do you just keep that wallet inside your bandana all the time?”
“Not really. Before we left, I picked up my dad’s wallet, but of course I asked him first. I do that all the time whenever I have to buy something.”

Fox says it as he puts the card inside the card reader and types the pin.

“Well, I suppose it’s more practical that way.”
“Yup.”

The reader accepts it, and the two dogs carry their bags. Fox orders Vitor to place the cart back where they found it, and they leave.

“*phew” Well, looks like we have everything now”
“Mhmm.”

Vitor nodded his head.

“I just hope that my arms won’t go numb from carrying these for too long.”
“Heh yeah, luckily I have some muscle to back it up for a while.”
“*giggle* Yup, lucky you.”

Vitor lowered his gaze to Fox's arms and chest, his face flushing slightly, and he inquired:

“U-um, Fox?”
“What is it this time?”

Fox turned to see Vitor’s face, and he saw that his cheeks were reddish.

“Were you blushing?”

This question from Fox caught Vitor by surprise as his cheeks turned back to normal and hid his embarrassment.

“W-what? No, no, no, it’s just your imagination, haha.”

Vitor laughs nervously as Fox shrugs it off with his shoulders.

“Okay then, So, what were you planning on asking me?”
“Well, you see.”
“Hmm?”

Vitor once again looked down and asked.

“Where did you get that shab of yours, hmm?”
“What?”
“You know.”

Fox didn’t understand what he meant by "shab" until he looked at himself, and now he understands what he means.

“Oh, I see it now. I got these sweet babies during my second year as a K-9. I started to see some difference in my muscles around April of that year, and even more so after 6 months of retraining until Christmas.”

Fox said it confidently as he closed his eyes and smiled as his right arm tapped his muscle on the left arm; he even sort of blushed while talking about it as Vitor laughed.

"Haha, what does being a K-9 dog NOT do to a body?"
“Yeah, wonders heh.”

Vitor blushed again, but this time Fox didn’t notice it, and they both had a chuckle at themselves.

“Fox, I like talking to you, even if this is our first conversation.”
“Yup me too.”

Fox let out a sigh, but this time a more welcoming, positive one, and let out a reminder to Vitor.

“You know, talking to you felt like how I talk to Mungo when we are off duty and sometimes on duty; this is also one of the reasons why I befriended him too.”
“Yeah, I've never spoken to anyone besides Peanut and Grape about our lives, and I’m quite impressed with myself for having the courage to speak with you.”
“Of course, some chit-chat will help us out with forming friendships. I do see us becoming good friends. ”
“*giggle* Thanks.”

Vitor closed his eyes and smiled at Fox as he wagged his tail, and they heard a masculine voice from the distance.

“Hey Fox!”
"Oh, speak of the devil! Hey there Mungo!"

Both Fox and Mungo, who were far away, waved at each other as Mungo came in running, and from Vitor’s perspective, he felt kind of scared by the Great Dane's arrival as it felt like the dog was getting bigger and bigger, but there wasn’t anything to worry about given Fox's previous description of him.

“Hi there! It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other, right?”
“It's only been yesterday, but yeah, to your standards, I’ll take it.”
“Hehe.”

Mungo scratched his head as Vitor gave him a normal glare, and when Mungo opened his eyes, he noticed the brown husky standing beside him and asked Fox.

“Hey uh Fox? Um, who's this brown look alike of yours? A distant cousin?”
“Oh this dog here?”

Fox touched Vitor’s shoulders to clarify Mungo's question.

“Yup”
“Well, this is Vitor. Say hi to him, Vitor.”
“H-hi there.”

Vitor wanted to state that he hasn't met a big, strong dog in years, but Mungo's presence alone made Vitor struggle to articulate these thoughts. Mungo noticed Vitor's anxiousness however.

"Hi there little buddy! No need to fear: I don't bite. I'm Mungo, nice to meet you!"

Mungo gives Vitor a pawshake, and he does so as he smiles nervously.

"S-so from what I heard from Fox, y-you're one of his friends from the Academy, r-right?"
“You got it right there.”
“Yep Mungo, Vitor right here is a new pet who just arrived a few days earlier. He came from Brazil along with his cat sister, Mimi; they’re living in my house as of now.”
"How long have they been there?"
“Two days, to be exact"
“So they're relatively new here.”
“Yes, that's what I said before.”
“Hehe I know.”

Mungo noticed the bags that the two huskies were carrying.

“Hey, so I realized that you two were carrying some stuff. Can I help you guys out?”
“Well, Vitor, what do you think?”
“Y-yes, personally, I’m too weak to carry them myself.”
“I can just carry yours if you want, and more if Fox is okay with that.”
“I can carry them just fine, so at least carry the ones that seem heavy.”
“Okay then.”

Vitor distributes the bags containing cola and orange soda, as well as the bag containing eggs and fruits.

“Thanks Mungo.”
“No problem, Vitor; let's go to Fox's house now!”
“Alrighty.”
“Got it!”

The three dogs walk with each other, and as they are getting close to the Lindbergs house.

“Wow Fox. Your friend is quite a handsome fellow.”
“I mean, it's a genetic thing for Great Danes, perhaps along with some exercise he did.”
“Hmm? What were you guys talking about?”
“Ah, nothing much.”
“Just about how all dogs of your breed are naturally beefy and strong.”
“Oh, well, that’s just how we Great Danes are.”

Mungo’s cheeks turned red for a little while, but not enough for Fox and Vitor to see it.

“Yeah, just be careful not to break things by accident.”
“Of course.”

Fox turned to the front as his cheeks blushed a bit from being right next to Mungo. Vitor saw it but decided not to comment on it as it would once again make things awkward for Fox. They kept walking as Fox and Mungo kept speaking to each other.
Fox notices that Vitor has been completely silent since they met, not saying a single word directly to them, and tries to approach him.

“Hey Vitor.”
“Huh?”
“You’ve been a bit quiet lately, ever since I started to talk with Mungo. What's wrong?”
“N-nothing. I just didn’t want to interrupt the conversation between you and Mungo, that’s all.”

Fox saw Vitor's expression, as if he felt Mungo had taken his attention away from him. He felt very happy and confident earlier, but now all of that vanished and looked visibly jealous of Mungo, despite only knowing him a few moments ago. Fox, realizing this, decides to keep it to himself, feeling he'll leave it for later when it is necessary to say.
They eventually arrive Home with Mungo carefully opening the door.

“We’re home!”
“Hi there, boys, and oh, it seems you brought your door-breaking friend Mungo."
“Hey, uh, don’t call me that in front of new pets.”
“Ah Vitor, welcome back home. Did you two bring anything good for us to eat?”
“Yes sis I did.”
“Oh, you must be Vitor’s sister. Mimi, am I right?
“Yes, and you’re…”
“I’m Mungo. Nice to meet you.”

Mungo offered Mimi a pawshake as well for good courtesy, which Mimi accepted.
As the day progressed, Mungo spent the day inside the house talking with Fox. Mimi and Vitor also spoke to each other about the day. As the sun started disappearing with the arrival of dark clouds, Mungo decided it was time to leave.

“Oops, looks like it’s time for me to go now.
“Really?”
“Yeah, I have to leave before my owner gets angry.”
“I hope you had a nice stay here, Mungo. Feel free to come here anytime”
“Thank you very much, Mr. Lindberg, and I'll be right back like always.”
“Mungo, thank you for assisting us with the bags; I appreciate it.”
“No worries Fox, I'm always happy to help.”

Mungo says happily as his tail wags. As for Vitor, he couldn't help but stare at him silently with a blank expression, but his main focus was on Fox as he walked out to the door and grabbed the doorknob.

“Anyways, see you guys tomorrow”
“See you tomorrow too Mungo.”
“Bye Mungo!.”
“Bye.”
“See you, too big guy.”

Everyone waved happily for Mungo except Vitor, who just gave him a simple wave with no energy whatsoever as Mungo carefully closed the door.
Nothing happened for a few hours: just the entire family watching movies and eating dinner. As night fell, Mr. Lindberg and Mimi were already asleep. Vitor was about to join them before he unexpectedly heard Fox's voice.

“Vitor?”
“Mmm what is it Fox?”
“Can we talk for a moment?”
“Oh, sure.”

Vitor got up from the couch, walked towards where Fox was, and stood in front of him.

“So, what is it?”

Fox let out a short sigh and looked directly at Vitor's face.

“So I just noticed that you became very quiet when I started to speak with Mungo, and the way you looked at me suggested that you were not liking his presence, not to mention how you didn’t give him a cheery goodbye. Is there something wrong?”
"Noo, um, nothing's wrong. Like I said earlier, I didn't want to interrupt the conversation between you two. I was just tired after the long day, that's all."

The brown husky whipped his left eye and looked at Fox’s eyes innocently, as if he had done nothing wrong, and Fox didn’t seem to be convinced enough but pretended that he understood the situation.

“*sigh* Alright then, well, we’ll talk more about this tomorrow, okay? I’ll be going to bed now.”
“Wait Fox!”

Fox stopped, and turned around.

“What?”
“Can I sleep in your room?”
“Why? Weren’t you fine sleeping in the living room?”
“The thing is, there aren’t any stars in the sky and no moonlight to make it less scary, so I thought that sleeping in your room would make me feel less scared.”

It made no sense to Fox given that his room isn’t any different from the living room in terms of lighting, but because of Vitor's puppy eyes, his seemingly fragile state and the fact Fox saw him as a friend, he felt he couldn't turn the offer down.

“Yes, you can come, just don’t make too much noise.”
“Thank you.”

Vitor took his blanket and pillow, and they entered the room.

“Now, Vitor, the floor isn’t made of a very hard substance, so feel free to lay down there.”
“Fine by me.”

Vitor lay down on the floor with his blanket and pillow.

“Goodnight Fox.”
“Goodnight Vitor.”

Fox sat in his bed, pulled his blanket over him, closed his eyes, and dozed off. For Vitor, it took him a bit longer, but before he could sleep, he said to himself.

“Fox was suspicious of me, but at the very least, I’m glad I was able to talk him into making me his friend. Hmm, now that I’m in his room, that means I get to see his memories. I'm curious as to what he keeps from me; well, I'll find out later.”

Vitor closed his eyes and dozed off, waking up inside the unsettling space with the dark red mirror, which this time displayed Fox's memories from his perspective.Vitor looked at the one memory that seemed to feature a short male dog and a mysterious female dog who looked like him, but he couldn't tell due to how blurry everything was.

“Here I am; let's see how Fox’s life has been during those years.”

Vitor closed his eyes and touched the mirror from the very bottom which featured two unknown dogs who look like him and from Fox’s perspective it seems that he was being held, a psychedelic portal opened and sucked him inside. Little did Vitor know that he would find himself in a situation of obsession and encounter the stressful events that Fox had to go through in his life—the very beginning of knowing his persona.
Last edited by Vitor The Dog on Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do enjoy the way that you put this chapter together! You did a very nice job on it!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:19 pm I do enjoy the way that you put this chapter together! You did a very nice job on it!
thanks there sorry for the 1 month hiatus i had a bunch of school work but i'm on vacation now so i'll probably end up posting future chapters more quickly :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh its fine and there is no need to apologize! If you have other stuff you are busy with then that will take priority! Either way, looking forward to more soon!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Hello everyone sorry if i'm taking too long to post chapter 5 and i swear it's more of my fault more than anything i procastinate too much but for now chapter 5 is currently on the writing phase soon to be edited by the editor and to be posted soon so stay tuned! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its fine that you haven't been able to write for the story for a long time! I can get how bad procrastination can be. We are all here for you and looking forward to the next parta!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Hello everyone Chapter 5 is now ready and it will be posted tomorrow thanks to energyismassivelight on discord to help me out with the editing and also i should've credited him in chapter 4 where he also helped me out too :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Will be looking forward to seeing what the chapter is about! I'm sure it will be fabulous!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Chapter 05 Family Meeting part 1

Vitor entered the portal and emerged into an strange environment. He saw that the ground was completely white, that it was snowing, and that he could make out a farm in the distance. In contrast to the silvery snow, the sky in front of him was completely dark.

“Hmm. It seems that I'm on some kind of farm. I think it’s too far away.”

Vitor began to advance toward the farm with each stride. Given that he is from Brazil, a southern nation with a tropical environment, he was enthralled by the snow. Throughout the winter, it never snowed. He only felt frigid air before.
Fortunately, he was unable to feel cold from the snow since he was in a ghostly translucent form.

The brown husky saw a sign saying: "Welcome to the Lindberg House Farm, where you can relax in one of Kansas' best farms,'' along with a printed date of 01|12|2001.

"Kansas? Huh, well, I guess Fox just went there at some point? It seems so."

As Vitor continued to move further, he saw a male husky and a female husky, who resembled Fox, carrying a puppy each. When Vitor saw two canines that resembled Fox exactly—there had previously only been one pup—he found it odd until he heard:

"Oh, hon isn't he just that sweet to look at?"
"Yes, my love. He's just that adorable, my sweet little pup."

Vitor stood there staring at the dogs, enthralled by the event because he had just realized…

“Wait, it can’t be that-”

Vitor has definitely strayed into Fox's memory. As he sighed and stared, Vitor was astonished and felt as though he had run out of words.

“So this is how his life began huh?”
“Hmm.”
“What is it sweetheart?”
“I’m thinking of what name we should give him now.”
“Ah right then, all pups should have a name as well. So then, what shall it be?”

The female husky was debating a name as she was observing the face of the Fox puppy and the surrounding snow.
Vitor, while she was pondering, oohed and aahed over how lovely and precious Fox looked in his puppy self.

“Aww, Fox looks so adorable; I wish I could pat and hold him!”

The husky came up with a name and then said…

"Fox. His name shall be Fox Lindberg."
"Oh? Hehe. And why did you decide to name our son after our relative species, hmm?"
"Because his fur color reminds me a lot of arctic foxes. Not to mention that they live in snow, and our pup was born in winter as well."
"Heh, well, you certainly are clever with names there."

Though not really amused, the male husky looked at his wife and seemed at least okay with the notion of his son's moniker.

“Okay, then Fox Lindberg that is.”

The female husky hugged her puppy and smiled as she spoke.

“Hehe, Thank you hon!”
"Ah, so that's how he got his name from, how adorable."

Vitor leans back and places his hands on his back as he watches the couple display their puppy love. However, someone then appeared out of nowhere.
The colored dog simply popped into existence and said:

“Oh, look who’s here.”

Vitor leapt a bit in shock.

"Ah! w-what are you doing here?"
"Oh, not much. I just stopped over to see how you were doing."

With a movement of his left leg, the dog kicked up some of the remaining snow inside.

"*sigh* Right then."
"Anyway, I considered why you chose to visit his memories and saw that you had already taken the initial steps toward really meeting this Fox Lindberg person."
"Okay, well? I don't have anything better to do, but I'm interested to know how his life is going."

The colorful dog chuckled softly and remarked.

"Ah Vitor, since I'm just a figment of your mind and I have some control over your dreams, I already get to see every memory of Fox before you do."
“Lucky.”

Vitor looked down on the floor, then turned to see Fox's mother holding him for a moment before returning his gaze to the colored dog and saying:

"By the way, Patchy—if you did see Fox's memories, could you tell me what they're like and how Fox is?"

Patchy smiled, narrowed his eyes and put his hand on his chin before replying.

“Ah, let’s just say he lives somewhat of an eventful life; it’s interesting to say the least.”
“Eventful?”
“Mhmm! That’s right!”

Patchy appears to be trying to demonstrate something to Vitor as he says this while holding his arms behind his back and grinning.

“Hmmm.”

Without understanding what Patchy meant by "eventful," Vitor puts his left arm in his chest and turns to gaze at Fox again as a puppy. He has a fleeting thought that it must be exhilarating but also unsettling. He then turns to face Patchy and asks:

“Well?”
“What? The main portion of this recollection is done, so I believe it is time to go on at this point because you already saw what was intended to be seen. So for now let’s move.”

Vitor glances around the now-empty setting as Patchy claps his hands together, causing everything to blur and turn dark.
What follows is the appearance of a glow of light just behind Vitor, which immediately grabs his attention.

“Oh, what’s this?”
“Fox's next memory. It’s of the day he was dognapped for the first time.”

Vitor's ears soon pricked up, and he exhibited concern.

“Dognapped?!”
“You'll be able to judge for yourself, so I'll leave you to your own observations for the time being.”
“See you soon!”

Vitor turned to face the ball of light behind him and thought to himself as Patchy began to shine extremely brilliantly, and convert himself into a sphere of light before disappearing.

“Given Patchy's comment, I suppose he has been kidnapped before. Given that Patchy stated it was the first time, how many times has this happened to him?”
“I should probably stop babbling and just get started at this point.”

When Vitor placed his right paw in the light, everything around him started to come to life: the street, the trees, the homes, the people and animals in the neighborhood all reminded him of a video game battle between characters from various brands. Vitor peered about and estimated the time period to be between the early and mid-2000s based on the buildings and how people were dressed.

“I suppose I'm in the 2000s now. What a fondly remembered era, huh?”

Vitor saw Grape walking by; however, something was different—she was a kitten by now, judging by her size, and Vitor was definitely certain of the current decade he was in.

“That clarifies my present-day confusion.”

A sign that read, "Good ol' dogs club event, NO CATS" stood near a dog who the purple cat was approaching, lollipop in mouth.

“Hey cat! Can’t you read?!”

Vitor, who had been following her up until that moment, started to giggle a bit when Grape clawed the puppy's left eye and destroyed the sign as she passed.

“Hehe, ouch, that must have hurt.”

Then, when he walked past the Mongrel dog breed. Vitor heard announcing and saw another puppy in front of the gate wearing a green collar and glasses.

“Alright everyone, please sit down for the presentation. Everyone! Please! Sit!”

Vitor ran up to the crowd of puppies and took a better glance at the dog and realized that he fits the description Fox gave him before: orange eyes and a spot in his right eye.

“I suppose this is Fido, one of the K9 police dogs Fox described before. He really does seem cute as a puppy—despite the fact that I have never seen him as an adult dog.”

Following Fido's entry, a German shepherd appeared as the pups around began to applaud.

“Hey there, pups! Before we get rolling, let’s see if you remember what we talked about last time! What would you do if a stranger offered you treats?”
“Sniff his butt!”
“Joey, for the last time…”
“But then he’s no longer a stranger! Ergo, free treats!”
“Ahaha, what a dork!”

The puppy that talked resembled Fido in appearance, but with a few variances. He had blue eyes, a spot in his left eye, and flat ears, and appeared to be younger than both Fido, and the dog with the green eyes from before.

“Hmm so therefore, this must be Fido's younger sibling. Fox mentioned Bino having—hold on a second.”

The dog's resemblance to Fido and Joey, the dog's younger sibling, and their shared ancestry were immediately apparent to Vitor.

“That odd canine with the emerald eyes must be Bino, Fox's ex-jerk pal.”

When Vitor noticed Fido make his way backstage, he decided to follow him. What he witnessed next made his heart melt with sweetness.

“Boy, officer Ralph really gets you inspired about safety, huh?”
“I guess whatever.”
“*gasp* Aww it’s a puppy Fox!!”

When Vitor spotted a younger, cuter Fox with a bandana over his mouth and a black collar, his tail began to wag.

“*sigh* Even though all puppies and kits are adorable, I wish I could give him in particular a bear hug and a big smooch.”

Bino arrived and informed Fox about Grape arriving here uninvited, Fido noting that their attitude towards cats should be neutral, and Fox claiming that they could be up to something nasty as Vitor blushed at the cuteness of Fox's former tough demeanor.

“...Fox, your life is not an action blockbuster.”
“Not yet it isn’t! Bino, go fetch my black trenchcoat.”
“Aww look at him trying to be tough. He looks so cute, I like it!”

Bino turns to give Fox his trenchcoat as Vitor stands there grinning and gazing at his closed eyes while still blushing.
After Bino fetched Fox’s coat, he wore it, pulled out his bandana and said:

“Alright let’s go!”

Grape stays there licking her lollipops without saying anything as Vitor fauns over it, while Fox starts swinging his stick around repeatedly, flaunting, and strikes a stylish posture.
Bino was behind Fox as he turned around and yelled his name.

“BINO!”
“Well go on! Beat up that tiny little kitten!”
“Fox used to be such an adorable little fool, but if I ever see him as a puppy, I guess I'll find him annoying.”

After a while, night fell. While it was tedious, Vitor remained there till the appointed time came.

“Man, it's so boring to wait here with nothing to do but stroll about looking transparent to everyone. I hope Patchy could at the very least skip time for me.”
“Hello there.”
“AHH!”

Vitor was startled and enraged when the colorful dog suddenly materialized next to him.

“Don’t scare me like that!”
“Sorry for frightening you off in the first instance.”
“*sigh* You could have at least skipped time for me.”
“Sorry I was busy checking things out with wonderland.”

Vitor crossed his arms and mopped, and Patchy tried to justify his lateness for his entrance.

“Well, because it is now night, Fox's most crucial memory fragment has now entered the scene.”
“Which is?”
“Come with me.”

Vitor accepted Patchy's offer of his paw, took it, and stood as he led the way to Fox's house.

“Here we are!”
“Fox’s house?”
“Yup, now here it comes!”

A strange man wearing a cap followed Fox as he made his way home.

“Who’s that?”
“Oh my Dog, Bino really wrecked the show for me. Anyway, I’m almost home before dad can chastise me.”
“Hello there little puppy.”
“Um, who are you?”
“Don’t be afraid. I won't do anything to hurt you.”
“Wait, stay back, I need to eat my dinner first!”
“*gasp* Oh gosh!”

The Stranger forcefully catches Fox. Fox tries to defend himself, but due to his frail strength and small stature, he is helpless to stop the stranger from capturing him and carrying him to his home.

“Fox!”
“Let me go, you creep! I swear, when my dad finds out about you, he’ll give you a beating for sure!”
“Quiet, stupid dog!”
“Do you now see it? Right now, everything is proceeding as it did in this recollection.”
“Don't attempt anything right now since-”
"Yeah, I know—I'm basically powerless now.”
“I don't want to watch this any longer, just fast forward to it for me!"
“Huh. We may as well skip this section as the most crucial element of this memory is almost done.”

Patchy made a finger snap. After a day had gone, daybreak had arrived. Vitor clenched his hands.

“I hope he’s doing alright now.”
“Of course he will, it's only a recollection; he won't actually pass away.”
“It still stings to witness this; to see someone like that stranger even exist in our world is depressing, to put it mildly.”
“Mhmm… Do you want to stay here until Grape finishes chatting to the black kitten over there, or do you want me to take you to the stranger's house right now?”
“Well, the second option.”
“Very well then.”

As he teleported to the attic while holding Vitor's hand, Patchy's fur became purple. There, he spotted a tied-up fox with a red bandana in his mouth.
Patchy’s fur turned back to normal when the door opened and a stranger tossed the kitten next to Fox.

“I’m a complete simpleton, what’s your excuse?”
“Oh, he got kittennaped too?”
“Yes.”
“Huh.”

Vitor once again clasped his hands, bowed, and addressed the bound Fox.

“Fox, don't worry; help will arrive for you shortly, okay? You too there, kitten”

Even though he is a ghost, Vitor pats Fox's head, putting himself in a position to pet the puppy.

“You are aware that they are physically incapable of being touched or hearing you, correct?”
“I'm aware of it—just don't make me feel bad.”
“Okay then.”
“So, what now?”
“Well now we just need to wait for a while”
“Well this is it. We’re trapped in the basement of a crazy person, who will probably torture and kill us”
“By the way, Vitor, I never told you what this kitten’s name was, right?”
“No?”
“His name is Maxwell, just to clear some things up.”
“Ah okay then.”

As Maxwell talks to Fox in their final moments, Patchy remarks:

“If only there was someone who could help them right no-”

Everyone saw Grape falling down, which was hard to miss given the loud wump. Maxwell questions how she entered and Grape, dazed, answered “through the window.”

“Oh welp, there she is.”
“Grape?!”
“Yup, she saved everyone!”
“So she's a hero in her own right, huh?”

Grape unties the two animals, and as they race to the upstairs door, Fox is frozen in horror.

“Fox, what’s wrong?”
“I-I can’t do this, I’m absolutely petrified.”
“Fox, please don't be scared. You can get through this and-”

Maxwell interrupts Vitor, grabs Fox and yells at him.”

“You ungrateful, stupid dog! We’re dead either way! But you’ve never had to face life or death because you’re so used to your comfortable home you take it for granted! That’s why this little kitten has more guts than you or your stupid bandit mask ever had. Now dog up!”

Vitor stood there; simply at a loss for words and shocked by Maxwell’s statements.

“Well, that's one motivational cat right there.”
“Uh, Max? Did you ever get a look at Fluffy?”

Everyone took a glance at Fluffy, and they saw it was a crocodile.

“Is it too late for me to back out of my reproof and forge a suicide pact?”
“Yes.”
“Carp.”
“Oh, now I wonder how they will get out of this situation.”

Maxwell instructs Grape and Fox to form a diversion to get away from Fluffy.
As both pets flee, Max rushes in the direction of Fluffy.

“Come on everyone, show what you all got!.”
“Grape definitely packs a punch, doesn't she? Even if I've seen this incident before.”
“She does!”

As he sees Grape engage in combat, Vitor rejoices.

“Stop it! What are you doing?! It’s Fluffy’s birthday! You’re ruining everythi- Uh oh.”

As Fluffy struggles to close its jaw with half of a broken broomstick in it, Grape aimed for the strangers' legs with the broken broomstick and started beating him up.

“Okay it’s about time we both admit we’re out of our league.”
“There are moments when ladies prove to be more courageous than boys, right?.”
“Can’t argue there.”
“Anyway, you already know how it works. Final scene!”

Patchy claps his hands, and the action fast-forwards to the evening when Grape, Fox, and Maxwell all escape the Stranger's home while the Stranger is apprehended. Fluffy is placed in a cage to be freed back to nature. Vitor witnesses Fido sobbing with Fox, while also hugging him. Soon, Grape walks towards the crying Fox.

“Hey cat… I was pretty obnoxious, wasn’t I? I mean I didn’t think it all really mattered before but… but you… thank you so much.”
“Aww how cute.”

Vitor blushed once more as Grape hugged Fox.

“If this gets on the internet, I’ll kick you into next week.”
“You and what army, punk?”
“Ahhh stop! I’ll die of cuteness!”
“I suppose that solves everything for now. Prior to being taught to like cats by the exact cat he had once threatened, Fox was a disruptive puppy who detested cats in general. Vitor, have you since discovered anything new?”
“Well yeah I suppose.”
“Now, he needs that kind of defense. Recall how I claimed that this was the first time he had been abducted?”
“Yeah?”
“Although I think you should view the recollection the next time he is kidnapped, I assume that time has already gone and it is already dawn.”
“So I'll wake up now?”
“Yes, correct.”
“So, for the time being, you won't know anything about Fox's background as I lead you through memory after memory. However, because I've already seen everything, you'll soon feel sorry for Fox and want to always be on his side.”
“Huh? What do you mean?”
“You’ll soon see that it’s time to wake up!”

Patchy snaps his fingers, and all of a sudden Vitor is awake; the light has already risen, and the brown husky begins to reflect.

“Hmm, I'll probably feel bad for Fox soon and want to stand by him at all times? After hearing what Patchy stated, I'm torn now.”

Fox yawns, which Vitor hears. Having been accustomed to seeing Fox as a puppy for a while, seeing Fox’s sweetness and beauty but all grown up, Vitor becomes static and agitated.
After wiping his eyelashes, Fox stretched a little before facing Vitor.

“*yawn* Good morning Vitor.”
“Oh, um, g-good morning Fox.”

Vitor—whose face was still red—responded with a tinge of nervousness. and Fox posed the query.

“Are you blushing?”
“Huh?”
“Did you dream of someone?”

Fox inquired with a smug expression on his face and a rapid response from Vitor.

“What? No I didn't!”
“You know you can tell me about it; after all, we're friends.”

Vitor's cheeks returned to normal, and he adopted a troubled face in place of his earlier worried one.

“Well I rather not, it's nothing really.”

As Fox replied, Vitor glanced down and continued to stare into space.

“For me: I dreamt of some of the dogs who love me. Sometimes I just wished that I could be with them right now.”
“Ah, I see loneliness and all that.”
“Yeah.”

Fox frowned once more, wishing he could be with his angel girlfriends right now. Fox has had trouble finding a love companion in the past comparable to Spring and Summer. Vitor scowled in recognition of this melancholy but swiftly shifted his countenance and spoke the line:

“Fox, don't be sad. Even if you don’t have someone who could love you, you still have your friends and family, like me.”

Vitor said with an innocent smile while comforting Fox with his eyes closed, just like an innocent dog comforting a stressed-out adult or in this case a matured dog.

“Heh thanks Vitor, I appreciate it.”
“Thank you too.”

Fox instantly felt better, stretched out once more, and got out of bed.

“Well, I feel like a new dog now. I believe it is currently 9:40 AM, right?”
“Hehe, I dunno; I don’t have a watch with me.”

Vitor said it jokingly as both huskies chuckle a bit as Fox happily states.

“Come on now. Mimi and dad are probably already eating breakfast right now, and we have to get up before it’s over.”
“Hehe okay!”

Vitor reddened once more, but this time his tail was wagging and he didn't try to disguise it.

“Come on Vitor, let’s go.”
“Right then.”

Vitor snapped back to reality and got up from his bed. As he followed Fox to the kitchen, Vitor was in his own mind:

“Fox was taken before that, I suppose. I feel a sensation of impressiveness coming over me as I look at him right now. How is it possible for a rude yet cute puppy to develop into a gorgeous policeman? I understand that Grape saved him and improved his views on cats, but I do wonder why he occasionally exhibits melancholy behavior. I wonder if he lost someone or something. Or maybe simply a sense of incompleteness, as he searched for something or someone to make him feel complete, I'm afraid of what Patchy said to me, I don't know. I should stop overthinking about it for now.”

When the two huskies entered the living room, they noticed that only Mimi was seated at the kitchen table.

“Morning sis.”
“Good morning Vitor.”
“Good morning Mimi.”
“Good morning to you too Fox.”
“So where's dad?”
“He informed me that if you two got up during this time, I should make breakfast for you two and also to tell Fox that he should write a letter outlining how you’ll be away for a bit: hanging out with your friends, cousin, and the wolves. He has opted to spend the day at an old friend's house.”
“Huh. It's odd that Dad keeps asking me to write letters announcing that I'm gone. I usually return safely. I mean, I already knew that by default.”
“I guess he may be paranoid about having yourself kidnapped.”

Fox paused for a split second, before considering it a reasonable concern to name.

“Eh, possibly.”

Fox was kidnapped when he was a puppy, as Vitor was going to bring out, but it would make Fox and Mimi doubt everything and shatter the cozy atmosphere of breakfast.
Later everyone was enjoying breakfast as per usual. Mimi brings out a question to Fox.

“Hey Fox.”
“Hmm?”
“Do you often spend your Sundays hanging out with pets? Even if you were working a night shift, or something similar?”
“Yes, I do it basically every Saturday and Sunday. On the weekends when I don't, I just read some books and watch summer blockbuster action movies with my dad or by myself.”
“Okay, something worth adding?”
“I don't often go out with people immediately following my day shift, but occasionally I do it before the night shift.”
“Alright sure.”
“Since it’s Sunday and I'm in a mood to see my friend King, I was thinking if you two could come along with me.”
“That sounds wonderful, but oh, Vitor might or might not concur with it. Vitor, what do you think?”
“It wouldn’t hurt to see new faces around so yeah I’m in.”
“Then it’s decided!”

Fox was content that Mimi and Vitor had agreed to visit his friends.

“Okay then, we just need to take a shower first. Oh! Also, Vitor, Mimi.”
“Yeah?”
“King regularly gets worried about almost everything, so get used to that when you meet him. And as for my cousin, please don’t say anything dumb in front of her; she gets quite scary if she’s angered.”
“Sure why not?”
“O-okay.”

It took a few minutes for the three pets to finish organizing themselves. While it was Vitor’s turn in the shower, he was monologuing with himself about King and Bailey.

“King and Bailey, then, huh? If we meet them individually: King, according to Fox, worries about practically everything. I'm curious as to whether Fox worries about King's mental state all the time since he questions practically everything in life, or if King says worrying things in front of Fox which makes him anxious. I have a suspicion that Bailey will become enraged easily if someone offends her without meaning to, but I haven't met them yet, so I shouldn't rely my opinion just on Fox's descriptions.”

Vitor was almost ready, save for the fact that he hadn't tied his bandana and hadn't left the bathroom yet. Fox had already tied his bandana, and Mimi had perfumed herself.

“Um, sis?”
“Yeah?”
“Can you tie my bandana for me please?”

Vitor was speaking to Mimi from the inside of the bathroom.

“*sigh* Sure, Fox, can you wait here for a second?”
“Well sure then.”

Mimi entered, and as she was tying up Vitor’s bandana she started complaining a little:

“I'm amazed that after all these years, you still don't know how to make a knot.”
“It’s complicated for me.”
“No, it really isn’t. It’s just two loops that go around and- nevermind.”

Mimi finished tying Vitor’s bandana.

“There you go.”
“Thanks sis.”

Mimi opened the door as both siblings came out.

“Well, we’re all set, let's get going now.”
“Okay.”

Fox left a letter on the table before leaving and closing the door, as everyone made a trip down to the wolf’s house.

“Okay so since you two have been to the wolf’s house looking for directions on where to live, you all already know where it is right?
“Kinda?”
“Yeah, sort of.”
“Okay, so none of you remembers based on the fact that you two are unclear of its whereabouts, right?”
“No.”
“Yeah me neither.”
“It’s fine though. Once you two come there once or twice it’s likely that neither of you will forget the path.”
“This was something that our parents used to say to us very frequently in the early days of our independent travels.”
“Heh, I'm glad that I reminded you of them.”
“No problem.”

Fox rapped on the door as soon as everyone had reached the wolf's home. A big, hulking wolf wearing glasses unlocked the door.

“Oh, hello Fox!”
“Hi Miles. So I came here to visit King and Bailey and their pups too.”
“Of course! Feel free to- wait a minute you two must be the same pets I saw a few days ago right?”
“Oh them? Yeah, Vitor and Mimi. They’re also curious to see Bailey and King, for like meeting new pets and stuff."
“That’s good, meeting acquaintances is crucial in any case. As I was going to say, feel free to come inside.”
“Thanks, Mr Miles.”
“It’s my pleasure. So Mimi is your name right?”
“Yes that’s true.”
“And Vitor right?”
“Yup you got it right.”

The siblings Farias are shocked by the size of the house once they are let inside, even though it is a typical large American home.
Even though they had never lived in a home this size before, they were pleased by it

“I tell you, in a home like this, I feel like a mother.”
“Yeah, it’s huge in a nice way.”
“Funnily enough, we do have two mothers in this house: my wife Lucretia and King’s wife Bailey.”
“Oh you’re married?”
“Although we aren't legally married, we still see each other as husband and wife, and we even have children.”
“I see it's a non-married relationship then. Our owners are like that too.”
“Yes, but King and Bailey have a legal marriage and children. In reality, all of our children reside here.”
“Man, this home must be big to accommodate that many animals; I can understand why it's so congested.”
“Oh, and it doesn't include our grandparents, siblings, sisters, and nieces and nephews that reside here.”
“Geez, I'm unsure if this house has adequate space for not just your complete family, but also for another family. Living in a house with this many people inside is definitely not something I could handle.”
“Me neither.”
“Yeah, I kinda have to agree with this one.”
“Don’t worry, we have shared rooms for everyone anyway. Fox, you came here to visit King and Bailey and to introduce them to the new pets here, correct?”
“Yes, that’s right.”
“Follow me upstairs.”

After leading everyone upstairs, Miles knocked on the door, but no one answered. One of his children was streaming The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild when Miles opened the door.

“So I won that boss, so now we’ll get to see this ches- *gasp* Dad! I’m streaming!”

Miles slowly closed the door after awkwardly interrupting his son’s live stream.

“Oops, wrong room hehe. There are so many rooms that I can't keep track of them all.”
“It's okay. It is a drawback of being in a large home with several occupants.”

Fox and Vitor chuckled quietly at the happenings. As Miles led everyone to the correct room and unlocked it, they all witnessed the Corgi and Husky pair amusing their puppies.

“Hi there King, your friend came here to see you.”

Miles widened the door to make it easier for Fox to enter.

“Fox!”
“Hey there Bailey!”
“Oh, hi Fox!”

Bailey quickly runs up towards Fox and hugs him. King follows by calmly walking up to him to greet him as well since the last time he saw Fox, Fox wore his eye patch.

“Ah, I’m glad you’re okay.”
“Yes, I'm good. At least my eye did not suffer any damage from that badger guy.”
“Yeah lucky you there, I knew my cousin was tougher than him.”
“Hehe, yeah, otherwise I’ll have to wear my eyepatch for the rest of my life.”
"Well, knowing you, you'd rather prefer the eyepatch, right?"

King crossed his arms with his eyebrow raised at Fox.

“Hey, I wouldn't want tha-”
“Come on Fox. I've known you for a very long time, and I'm aware of your desire to wear an eyepatch like certain characters in summer action movies.”
“Ah- w-well you have a point there.”

Fox and King's brief interaction caused Bailey, Miles, Vitor, and Mimi to chuckle, which made the two aware of Vitor and Mimi’s presence. While Fox was blushing out from embarrassment, Bailey interrupted:

“Um, Fox?”
“W-what?”
“Who is this dog and cat right behind you?”
“Oh, them?”

Fox realized he hadn't yet introduced Vitor and Mimi as he turned around to see them.

“Well the dog here is Vitor, and the cat here is Mimi.”
“I see.”
“Yup, it's the same dog and cat that I briefly mentioned before.”
“Well then.”

Bailey walked up towards the duo and put her hands on her hips, introducing herself.

“It’s nice to meet you two. I'm Bailey Lindberg, Fox’s slightly taller cousin-”
“Hey!”
“-and of course King's wife.”

King walks right next to Bailey, who also introduces himself.

"And I’m King Milton, Fox’s best friend and the father of three puppies."

King and Bailey exchanged pawshakes with Vitor and Mimi after being offered one.

“Thanks there, hehe. It’s nice meeting new pets around here.”
“Yeah, tell me about it.”
“*giggle* You guys can feel free to relax here.”
“No problem. Oh, King said that you guys have puppies right?”
“Yep, you got that right.”
“Can we see them?”

Vitor was so thrilled to meet the Corgi and Bailey's puppies that his tail wagged quickly and his smile was quite broad.

“Sorry, he gets overly excited when he sees puppies inside houses for whatever reason.”
“It’s fine, everyone likes puppies, and no one can resist their charm.”
“Bailey, hold on, we can't simply allow two pets that we hardly even know handle our puppies!”
“Come on, King, you can trust them; they're not the kind to treat people or animals violently or carelessly.”
“I don’t know, I’m not too sure about this.”
“Kingy, you're excessively concerned about our puppies. Although you have wonderful parenting instincts, I recognize that you may be rigid at times. They won’t do anything bad to our kids.”

King let out an annoyed sigh as he looked at Vitor and Mimi in their eyes and told them.

“Okay, you two can play with them a little, just don’t encourage them to do or say anything dumb, okay?”
“Okay!”
“Fine by me.”

When the two entered the room, they discovered three mixed-breed corgi and husky puppies, to which they both ogled.

“They’re so cuuuuuuuuuuute!”
“Hehe, they kind of remind me of when you were a puppy, Vitor.”
“Oh, new people to play with!”
“Hooray!”
“What are their names?”
“Olive is the name of the girl, Ace is the name of the other girl with the blue eyes, and Rook is the name of our lone lad.”
“Lad?”
“He’s the only boy puppy of ours.”
“Oh I see now. Hey there, little pups!”

Mimi gently waved her paw at Olive and Olive waved back.

“Have fun you two!”
“Remember what I said earlier!”
“Let’s go, King! We should chat for a while now.”
“Yeah, you two are friends, and it’s been a while since you two interacted.”
“Yes, I believe it is a good way for me to de-tense for a moment.”
“Have Fun you two!”
“Thanks.”

As Miles shuts the door, everyone departs, making room for Vitor and Mimi to play with the children. Later, Fox, Bailey, and King were conversing downstairs in an ordinary manner for about an hour when they heard a knock at the door.

“Wait, I'll get it.”

To his amazement, when Fox got up from the couch and opened the door, he discovered the large, black Great Dane Mungo standing at the entrance.

“Oh, it’s Mungo!”

Mungo's tail wagged happily as Fox placed his hand on his own hip.

“Hello Fox!”
“So how are you doing?”
“I’m doing great now; I lifted some weight, so you may have noticed that I’m more muscular than before.”

Fox was briefly flushed crimson by Mungo's flex in front of him before responding with…

“B-but you’re always muscular. I noticed nothing different in you from before. How did you know I was here?”
“Well, I was going to pay a visit to you in your house like I promised yesterday, but I saw that no one was home, not even Vitor or Mimi. I then noticed the letter you wrote, and so I came here.”
“So you did see my letter then?”
“Yup. Tell your dad I’m sorry about the door. Speaking of Vitor and Mimi, where are they?”
“Well...”

Fox pointed to the doors upstairs, indicating the locations where the two pets are.

“Upstairs—playing with King and Bailey’s pups now.”

Mungo gasped as his tail wagged solely because Fox mentioned King’s puppies.

“KING’S PUP!?”

Mungo’s loud shouting of these words caught Fox off guard.

“Ah. What was that for!?”
“Sorry, it’s just that I get excited whenever they’re mentioned hehe.”

Fox thinks that Mungo was keeping something from him, yet it doesn't seem to be anything significant, as Mungo shakes his head.

“Let me guess, you want to play with them, right?”
“Obviously!”

After overhearing Fox and Mungo talking, King stood up and screamed at Mungo.

“Nope! Nonono, sorry, nope, nope, no—you do NOT get to play with them!”
“Huh?”
“What?”
“Kingy! Don’t shout like that, everyone can hear us!”

King sighed, as he put both of his hands on his hips, and he looked at everyone in the room.

“Sorry Bailey, i-it's just that last time Mungo almost killed our kids when he was puppysitting them while we were shopping with Natalie.”
“You mean that while he was playing with our pups—say, carrying one of them around on his back while the other two were perched on his shoulders—and you nearly suffered a heart attack? You're exaggerating too much aren’t you?”
“I-I’m not exaggerating!”
“King. I've known you for so long, I can be sure that whenever the topic of your kids comes up, you'll become unduly concerned. Well, at least if it pertains to their safety.”
“I’m just being a decent father figure okay?!”

Vitor and Mimi overhear everyone laughing while King's cheeks flush crimson with embarrassment at the circumstance.

“Sis?”
“What?”
“I think everyone was laughing downstairs.”
“Do you know what they’re laughing about?”
“Oh, I know!”
“Hmm?”
“Mommy and Uncle laughed at our Daddy’s concerns about us.”
“It’s always funny haha.”

Mimi whispers in Vitor’s ear quietly so that the pups can’t hear them.

“I admire their innocence: seem like they are unaware of King's anxiety.”
“You speak as if you already know him.”
“Yes, but I'm just going off of what Fox said about him and what King talked to us back there.”
“Okay then.”

After a while, Vitor becomes weary of entertaining King and Bailey's puppies, so he stands up and addresses them.

“Well, kids, I’m kind of tired now.”
“Awww.”
“Already?”
“Don't worry, kiddies; I can still play with you all, and Mimi will bring you all the pleasure and happiness in the world!”
“YaY!”
“Well kids, see you all later!”

Vitor waves back and closes the door as the puppies wave and bid him farewell. As he made his way back, he overheard a voice that was both familiar and yet unfamiliar to him.
He carefully made his way downstairs so that no one would see him. When he looked up, he recognized Mungo, the big great dane from the day before. Ohing in astonishment and disappointment, Vitor reversed back up the steps while reflecting once more.

“Oh, Mungo has returned once more. I should have been aware of what he said yesterday, but I rather simply wait for him to leave here. Besides, what's the point? I have a suspicion that Fox would confront me and force a conversation. Mungo would probably question me about yesterday. What should I do?”

Vitor was standing as Mimi opened the door and she observed him remain still.

“Hi Vitor, what are you doing here staying static?”
“Hi sis, well I’m doing nothing much, just-”

When Mimi heard Mungo's voice, she instantly turned around as her tail and ears pricked up.

“Vitor, Mungo’s here!”

Vitor was perplexed and unable to express himself clearly at the time. Mimi grabbed his arms while beaming and grinning broadly.

“U-um y-yeah so what?”
“Aren’t you gonna say hello to him?”
“W- well you know I don't know Mungo that well.”

Mimi spoke in a tired tone of voice right before switching to her normal voice.

“Vitor, look. I know you have a hard time talking to other people - I should know. But, please, you-”
“Mungo just came here without warning! I thought we were going to meet him at Fox's place!”
“That was the initial plan, yes, but you can't always get what you want, and sooner or later you have to overcome your social anxiety.”
“Can I not just sit this one out?”
“We did not come all the way to Babylon Gardens for you to just be some random pet silently staring out from Fox's house. We came here to know people, and this starts with you greeting them. You had no problem with Peanut and Grape, why Mungo?”

Vitor didn't say anything. Why would he feel safe among some animals but not others, as Mimi argued? What distinguishes Mungo from the other animals he has already encountered? Maybe because he diverted Fox's focus from him last night? Mimi waits as she anticipates a response from Vitor.

“Well?”
“No.”
“*Sigh* I'm going downstairs with or without you. If you aren’t coming, I'm not going to introduce Mungo to you. Your attitude means most pets won't know who you are.”
“Ok ugh fine, I'll talk to them.”
“That's the spirit.”

The two go down the back stairs as Vitor crosses his arms, upset that his sister had just made him talk to Mungo. In addition this made him anxious, so every step he took on the stairs made him feel as though he were on the verge of being executed.
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Chapter 05 Family Meeting Part 2

“Hello everyone! We’re back!”

Mungo was happy to see them again as he usually enjoyed chatting to people, so Mimi waved happily as everyone greeted her and Vitor.

“Hi Mimi, Hi Vitor!”
“Hi Mungo! Sorry if we took a bit longer to show up; we were playing with the kids up there.”
“Oh, it’s fine. I respect having to spend time with some puppies. I love them myself."
“Well then guess you’re on equal terms with Vitor then, since he also loves puppies. Right, Vitor?”

Vitor was facing Mimi while she waited for him to respond. Vitor just slurred his sentences since he was at a loss for words.

“*mumbling* Y-yes I l-like puppies.”

Vitor glances away from Mungo as he blushes with shame.

“Awww, no need to be shy Vitor!”

Mungo rose from his seat on the couch, directly between Fox and Bailey, and approached Vitor, gently placing his hand on Vitor's shoulder so he didn't break it by accident.

“Why don’t you come down and talk with us for a bit? We could learn about each other a lot.”
“U-um.”
“At least be kind with him, Mungo. Don't get carried away during the conversation; Vitor just arrived a few days ago, and he's bashful.”
“Oh, of course! So Vitor, yesterday Mimi said that you two were from Brazil, right?”
“Yeah?”
“I've heard that the nation has lovely flora and fauna, and many people appreciate it for its shoreline. They are not mistaken; I'll enjoy them as well. I mayhaps even take Fox and the other pets with me someday.”
“Hehe yeah.”

Vitor flashed a foggy grin, concealing his nervousness from everyone else, and stared off into the wall to relax.

“Yes, but Fox and Bailey are huskies, and they struggle in the heat of the sun.”
“Yeah, but I won't mind too much if Kingy provides a towel.”
“Hehe right.”

Naturally, King flushed as he entertained "interesting" thoughts like seeing Bailey getting wet once more and drying herself off with the towel.

“King, you're thinking of passionate thoughts in front of people now.”

King’s ears perked up at Fox’s remark, and his cheeks turned back to normal.

“Well, you’re right, I should stop now.”
“I guess I could use such a vacation to hang out with them.”

The brown dog was dozing off while Mungo spoke to Vitor. He was not listening to anything Mungo or anybody else said; instead, he was only muttering "Yeah" and "mhmm" to appear believable. Vitor’s attention was drawn to outside in the distance, where he saw many dogs were playing tag outside the home, going about their business as usual. He couldn’t make it out, but they looked to have odd facial features, no eyes, and perpetual smiles with their mouths wide. Simply gazing out the window, he was doing nothing else.

“Vitor? Vitor!”
“Ah! What?”
"What do you have to say, Vitor?"
“Huh, about what?”
"About how you are one to get lost in your mind?"
“What?”
“He wasn’t paying attention, was he?”
“Sorry, but Vitor periodically drools during conversations because his brain slips into ‘no-signal mode.”
“I can't blame him since, except when I'm working as a K9, I don't always pay attention to what people are saying.“
“Me too.”
“Well, that’s a relief.”
“At least I feel less awkward about him, and myself now.”

Mungo switches the subject and inquires about Mimi and Vitor's previous living conditions.

“So how were your old home lives back then?”
“It was alright I guess.”
“Yep, the neighborhood was alright. We lived with our owners who moved to a new house with our grandmother named Lucia. She also brought along two male dogs named Toby and Lucky and two female cats named Mew and Preta."
“And how were they like?”
“Our owners treated us okay. We lived a normal life, nothing out of the ordinary. Toby’s a goofball at the very best, and Lucky is the grumpy one that gets easily irritated.”
“It’s just a coming-of-age sort of thing, right?”
“No, it's more of a breed issue. Little, attractive, cute dogs have a tendency to be perpetually upset for no apparent reason.”
“Little and attractive? I think she was referring to you King.”
“Hey now, most Corgis aren’t like this.”
“Most? Is it not genetic?”

Bailey gave King a smug expression that read as humorous teasing.

“I mean, of course not: I'm one of the minorities out there.”
“Right.”

Bailey enthusiastically waggled her tail and kissed King's forehead as they both giggled.

“Aren’t they cute together?”
“Yeah I agree.”
“Granted, it’s always like this, Bailey always manages to cheer up King instantly.”

Vitor recalled what happened in the morning: where he also cheered Fox up.

“In any case, both of the cats are the flirty variety. Vitor didn’t really seem interested in them. Lately, though, I've felt bad for Preta because her boyfriend vanished a while ago. Preta is arguably more so than her sister whenever they come up with any of the dogs, and yes, including my brother, they always tease him in such a way that I feel like it's best to leave them alone.”
“She had a boyfriend?”
“He lived with us as well, and oddly, his name was Big. He is a little dog.”
“In with the ironic naming convention huh?”
“Yeah, but he was named like this because our aunt found him in a big supermarket that shared his name, that we go to from time to time.”
“He was such a nice dog.”
“He was a big sweetheart like Mungo, only more innocent because of his size.”
“Thanks, I guess?”
“Anyway, right now, Toby, Lucy, her sister, and Lucia are comforting her for her loss, and I hope she’s doing okay.”
“Yes, I hope she’ll find her boyfriend soon.”
“I really hope so, and if he was adopted by another owner, I hope he is currently content.”
“I hope so too.”
“Okay, now I'll ask the next question. Vitor, Mimi, how long have you two known each other?”
“It's been a long time—it was around ten years ago Vitor's owners visited our other grandmother's house and there was me. I was playing with my biological brother and our other grandmother’s dog shian and of course Vitor. We had so much fun together- oh and I can't forget Vitor’s cousins too. All of which were girls. It's a world of harmony for all of us. Our owners were thinking about bringing me into their home, but Vitor wasn't really fond of the idea.”
“I used to dislike cats too.”
“I think half of the dogs in the world used to be like that.”
“They brought me out because they believed Vitor was feeling a little lonely, but at first Vitor didn't like me until he gradually let go of the clichés, and today we are all happy siblings.”
“That’s adorable.”
“Mhmm. Even if we occasionally argue over the smallest of issues, Vitor still feels grateful that I'm there for him. Right, Vitor?”
“Yes of course.”

Vitor adds with a sincere grin and upbeat tone of voice, but once again, he was doing a wonderful job of keeping his anxiety a secret from everyone.

“Okay then, does anyone want tea?”
“Me!”
“Alright then, I'll go ask Lucretia for some chamomile tea.”
“Okie dokie.”

After more hours passed everyone was chatting along with each other as well as for some tea drinking, lunch and meeting Miles’s family and all-around friendly interaction.
It was 4:30 p.m. and the sun was still shining brightly, but eventually, the visit was reaching its end.

“-and after three weeks, we just forgot about the game. The funniest part, undoubtedly, was when we attempted to cut down a tree in order to obtain Grape as a result of our involvement in that!”
“My my Fox, your old friendship with Bino before you met King was very interesting huh?”
“Yeah. Though I'm happy to have let go of Bino, I admit I kinda miss those days when things were chaotic yet funny.”
“I still remember when you told me that story at Christmas after your reinstatement—it was the most fun thing I’ve heard about you Fox!”
“Yup, I'm glad we got to talk about things out here.”
“Yeah right!”

After hearing everyone's experiences, Vitor's tail started to wag joyfully. Perhaps talking to everyone wasn't such a horrible idea for him after all.

“Hmmm. It's 4:30; I think dad has come home and is waiting for us.”
“That means you’re all going home now right?”
“Yeah, but it was great spending time with all of you!”
“No need to thank us.”
“Yes, meeting you two has somewhat made me less worried. Maybe I should just accept the fact that it’s not all dogs. Wow, saying that makes me feel like how I was when I became a Cor- I mean when I first came into this neighborhood and became a citizen in it yeah that’s what I meant.”

Bailey whispered in King’s ear quietly

“Hon you almost blew up your cover.”
“Sorry my tongue slipped out.”
“Aaaanyway, we're leaving right away before dad starts to worry about us.”

The majority of the living room pets were perspiring anxiously, and Mungo began whistling as he turned away. Mimi and Vitor remained silent and didn't get anything.
Everyone turned to the stairs after hearing footsteps coming downstairs, only to see Miles.

“Hello everyone, I'm back from playing my son's legend of the zelda call of the wild or something like that. Anyway did i miss anything or-”
“Um, nothing really. We were about to leave now.”
“Oh, well I hope you all enjoyed your stay here. Come back here next time.”
“Thanks Mr Miles.”
“No problem Mimi.”
“Also, hi Mungo.”
“Hi Mr Milton Wolf. Sorry but I'm leaving too well. I'm going over to Fox’s house with the other two pets over here.”
“No worries there.”

For a few minutes, the three dogs and cat bid farewell to everyone they met and leave.

“Bye everyone take care of yourselves.”
“Bye Fox.”
“Bye Fox I hope you and Mungo do well at work tomorrow!”
“Don’t let the criminals escape buddy.”
“Bye bye everyone!”
“Goodbye.”
“Hope you all do great!”

Miles closed the door as everyone started leaving and walked to Fox’s house.

“See, I knew that it wouldn’t be so bad.”
“Yeah I guess so.”
“Do you guys wanna watch Sunday movies with me? I got The Matrix, action cop movi- well mostly just any summer action blockbusters.”
“Oh I would like to, I love watching action movies.”
“Save a seat and a popcorn for me!”
“And you Vitor?”
“Hmm, nah, I’ll give it a pass.”
“Really?”
“I admit that I'm feeling a little drowsy right now, but I'm not saying that to avoid interacting with any of you; I'm really honestly exhausted.”
“Okay, I’ll leave you some rest then.”
“Wait, exhausted from what?”
“To be quite honest, I'm not sure either; all I've felt lately is sleepiness.”
“Well, fine by me then.”
“Thanks Fox.”

A different group of dogs were playing with balloons, flying kites, and whispering in each other's ears as they moved, yet no one seemed to notice them. Only Vitor could, and seeing them made him unhappy. They all stopped playing with one another and turned their heads toward Vitor motionlessly, almost as though he had just told them to stop.
Fox opened the weirdly new-seeming door and saw that his owner was inside.

“We’re back!”
“Hi there everyone, how was your visit to the wolf's house?”
“It was great, we met a big wolf named Miles, Fox’s best friend King, and his wife Bailey. We got to chat with them and learn about their lives as well as Fox’s.”
“And we also got to know about Mimi and Vitor’s lives too.”
“I see that Mungo came along then.”
“Well, I was gonna visit everyone till I found out they were near the wolf’s whereabouts.”
“Vitor! Did you and your sister meet their puppies?”
“We did.”
“They were so adorable!”
“I'm delighted you all had a fantastic day; Fox did a great job showing them around.”
“No need to thank me dad.”
“Well it was expected from my good boy here!”
“Hey now stop it, at least not in front of Mungo and siblings here.”

Bill congratulates Fox on introducing the tabby cat and brow dog to the neighborhood, and the three pets behind him chuckle.
Vitor glanced out the window as the hours passed and the sun began to set. He stood up to go, but Mimi stopped him and inquired as to what he was doing.

“Hey, where are you going?”
“I’m just going out and relaxing a bit outside.”
“Well alright then, don’t take too long.”

In addition to observing a stunning sunset and a good number of orange-colored clouds in the sky, Vitor also saw a kite flying by and turned to face its direction. The look on Vitor's face shifts from content to concerned. An hour and twenty minutes were up. Vitor was seated on the lawn with his arms over his knees when Fox entered the door behind him and approached him to attract his attention.

“Hey there.”
“Oh, hi Fox.”

Fox took a seat next to Vitor and turned to face him, asking him a question about what he had just stated.

“So what are you doing here? You promised you wouldn’t stay here for too long.”
“It’s nothing really.”
“Is there something bothering you?”
“Like I said, nothing in particular comes to mind.”
“Fine then.”

Fox got up in his paws, put his hands behind him, and said:

“Just don’t wait too long. I'm going to go see another movie with Mimi and Mungo, and then we're going to have dinner—if that’s okay with you.”

Fox starts to walk away, but Vitor calls out his name:

“Wait Fox!”
“Hmm?”

Fox pauses and returns back to him.

“I want to talk to you about something, actually.”
“Go on.”

Vitor said as he looked in the direction of the wolf's house.

“You see, if I encounter my owners' family or any other animals, I always go mute. I wish I was less reserved and more outgoing among my friends and family. As you already know from yesterday, I dislike talking to people, so in a way I am kind of envious of what you do. Like how you are gregarious and have no qualms about engaging in discussion. In fact, I am envious of just about everyone since, in contrast to them, I am too reclusive to engage in conversation with anybody. Are you following what I'm saying?”
“I see then.”

Fox rubbed his forehead. Vitor's speech brought back memories of when he and King were first friends years ago. How Fox always comforted King’s pessimism when he spent his first years just getting used to being a short dog.

“Look, Vitor, don't you recall how we mentioned yesterday how good it is to converse with one another?”
“Yes, but with you, it's different since I was speaking exclusively with you and no one else. I become too anxious when there are a lot of people around; too many people calling me out. But when it's just one person, like you, I get more at ease and have no issues with anyone.”
“Okay, so if I understand your reasoning correctly, you are okay with chatting to them as long as there aren't too many people around.”
“Hmm.”
“So, Vitor, I've met a few animals who act or behave like you.”
“Like?”
“Joey—Fido's youngest sibling—for example. I think it's because he just talks to his DND playing mates and doesn't interact with anybody else.”
“Mhmm?”
“Okay, so perhaps he was a reasonable choice, but you remind me more of King when we first became friends. King didn't get along well with other dogs or cats, but I suppose that's because he doesn't trust people very much and it took him some time to become used to this area. Because of me, he is now here with his wife, kids, and everything.”
“But isn't that because you're his buddy and you kind of have to check on him to see if everything is okay?”
“I mean yeah, but it’s a thing friends do all the time.”
“Okay, well, mom, dad, and even Mimi mentioned the value of having friends so that you may talk about anything with them and learn about their secrets, etc.”
“Yeah, they're right about that.”

Fox's face turned grumpy for a brief moment as he suddenly remembered the day he learned Fido loved cats and Vitor bringing up the subject of friends having to share everything with them, which Fido didn't do for him. This was something that had happened years earlier though, which he had long since forgotten. When Vitor hailed him, Fox instantly turned around and adopted a neutral look.

“Fox?”
“Oh! Um, yeah?”
“I have the impression that you could confide in me about anything, whether it be about you or the other way around. We should talk to each other about everything: as friends.”
“Yeah, it’s good to have friends so you can just chat about these sort of things.”
“Yes, of course.”

Vitor smiled and blushed in front of Fox; he almost did the same thing too. Fox looked forward and his cheeks turned back to normal.

“Thank you, Fox, I think you will be my best friend.”
“Really? I mean, I have nothing to complain about, but if that's what you want, then so be it.”
“Okay then.”

Fox stood back up. He confidently replied as he put his hands on his hips and gave Vitor a smug smile.

“Anyway I’m going now, don't take too long there, my best friend!”
“Alrighty then, best friend!”

Vitor's tail waggled joyfully with his talk with Fox. Fox was a little startled by the brown husky enthusiasm, but not significantly.
After seeing canines playing with each other in Vitor's field of view for ten more minutes, Fox departs and Vitor doesn't appear very worried by the dogs any longer.
It was time for Mungo to leave the home at 8:57 p.m., so he bid everyone adieu.

“Look at the time; I have to leave everyone or my owner will be furious.”
“I see then, well Mungo, it was nice talking to you again.”
“No worries, Oh, and also Fox.”
“Hmm?”
“Tomorrow we’re going to have work during the day shift, so don’t wake up late.”
“Oh Mungo, you know I never wake up late.”
“I know hehe just making sure.”
“Anyway, bye Mr Lindberg, bye Mimi, bye Vitor, bye Fox!”
“Bye Mungo”

Mungo left alone after opening and closing the door. Before he could depart, everyone was waving at him. The wave Vitor made this time seemed more sincere and plausible.

Except for Vitor, everyone else was sleeping around 12:40 a.m. When he first began to consider the words Fox had said to him, he was lying on the floor next to Fox's bed.

“Today was a good day. I got to meet Fox's friend and his relatives and the wolves too. I should be thanking Mimi for being a decent sister to me, and Fox because it seems like over time we're bonding with each other more and more, but I wonder what his life has in store for me. I kind of feel nervous now. Not to mention he would leave to go to work too, so I don't know how I feel.”

When Vitor stood up, he noticed the gray husky dozing. With his lovely dog face, soft brows, and the sensual scar on his face, Fox's sleeping form drew Vitor's attention. Vitor wanted to pat him but wasn't sure whether he should when his cheeks grew scarlet.

“Why am I doing this? He looks too wonderful to just be left alone, and I don't want people to think I'm creepy, especially my closest buddy. Perhaps a little head touch wouldn't be harmful.”

When Vitor patted Fox’s head gently, Fox’s ears twitched, his tail wagged and he began to smile. It was clear that he was dreaming of someone. He wasn’t aware that it was Vitor.
The brown husky left it at that as he went back to his quote-on-quote bed. He lay on the floor and closed his eyes to wait for the next day to come.

How long will Fox be gone without Vitor seeing him? Time will only tell.

Unbeknownst to Vitor, some dogs were creepily watching Fox and Vitor sleep from outside the windows. The dogs kept quietly chanting:

“du bist schwach”
“du bist schwach”
“du bist schwach”
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Gonna take me a bit longer to get through all of this since it was just posted but it does look really good! I can't wait to dive in to the rest of it! ^_^
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:55 pm Gonna take me a bit longer to get through all of this since it was just posted but it does look really good! I can't wait to dive in to the rest of it! ^_^
Thanks also the reason why i split this chapter into 2 parts it's because chapter 5 was sooooo long that it exceed the character limits in the forum replies so i had to do something to improvise it
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I understand why you did that. I read through both parts and it came out so incredible!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

also in the meantime to make this forum a bit more active you can all ask questions about my ocs or some stuff about the story
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If any questions come up I will be sure to ask! Right now I am just enjoying the story!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:56 pm If any questions come up I will be sure to ask! Right now I am just enjoying the story!
thanks there also chapter 6 will be more short compared to part 4 and 5 later on
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am sure that it will still be just great! I look forward to it!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:41 am I am sure that it will still be just great! I look forward to it!
thanks another thing i had in mind is showing art of my characters and if possible some events from the story too
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you were to do that then please post it here! I am sure it would be wonderful!
Wrenisprobablyb0red

Post by Wrenisprobablyb0red »

Just caught up. It's been an interesting read so far!
I came here looking for (noun), but this is so much better!
Vitor The Dog

Post by Vitor The Dog »

hello everyone sorry for the 2 months of complete silence school has begun for me and so my schedule will be slow again but i promise that for chapter 6 will be coming at the time where i don't have too much homework close on deadlines to worry about so stay tuned for chapter 6! :D