Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Help 

Post Help
Hi so I'm actually working on the Spanish Translation of HP! and I need at least a suitable font for this strip specifically. Dunno if there is already a post where you can find them all.

Dank yuu!

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Post Re: Help
noone knows, WHYYYYY

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:24 pm
Smiley McSmiles

Rick, does the lettering for the Spot comics by hand, so lots of workarounds have been devised for translating it. What font is godot using? I thought it looked pretty good.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Obbl wrote:
Rick, does the lettering for the Spot comics by hand, so lots of workarounds have been devised for translating it. What font is godot using? I thought it looked pretty good.

Haven't checked old T-strips. I'm helping him with some arcs that fell behind in some point of this year, so everything I know by now is that normal strips use WebLetterer BB. Managed to translate the letter Pete sent to Keene on arc 63, I had to use other font, but I felt it was bad-quality translation for some moral reason. What can I say, I'm a very confusing person :P

I didn't notice the text was hand-drawn, as I checked some "a"s and they looked the same. Guess I'll use a similar font, thanks anyway.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 pm
Smiley McSmiles

Well, what's Godot using for the accented letters? He recently got a new font for those, and it looks a lot more uniform now.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Obbl wrote:
Well, what's Godot using for the accented letters? He recently got a new font for those, and it looks a lot more uniform now.

Komika Hand

Still, I think it's better to draw these. I did that on all my translations, also in one I helped Godot with. It's the last one, 15/12/14

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]