[Webcomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: [Webcomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

Post by copper »

That snake looks familiar to me for some reason.... I have no idea why.

Run Grape, run! You need the exercise!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

It's not, hip hop is pop, this rhyme's so hot, 'cause poem's still the top
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hmm, seems eyesight is not very amused at Adam's wonderful rhymes...

By the way, is Adam just speaking in rhyme, or is he rapping? Because a giant rapping snake just fills my heart with joy and I want it in cartoon form.
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I must say, that was my idea at first... then i switched to a simple rhyming for him. 'Cause i wanted to use this rap thing in future xD

valerio

Post by valerio »

Perhaps you were asked already and I missed it...but why is Horda called Deadeye and not Eyesight?
Also, ok, he got hypno-eye, but wasn't his eye also a REAL killer, as one of his adversaries discovered at the expense of his own life?
Sorry for the bother
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Stu:
I have to hand it to you. It feels a bit off reading 1x since your style differs slightly from the one Ive gotten used to that Rick has for the years Ive been reading HPC.

But, wow.

Just wow. I really like this alternate universe that you have going. Its more than just a "What if" imho.

Feet out of the stirrup to you.

ps:
I got the guy that introduced me to HPC to start reading 1x and Eyesight.
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

valerio wrote:Perhaps you were asked already and I missed it...but why is Horda called Deadeye and not Eyesight?
Also, ok, he got hypno-eye, but wasn't his eye also a REAL killer, as one of his adversaries discovered at the expense of his own life?
Sorry for the bother
It's more of a codename used to identify that particular fugitive, i never thought about a particular reason for it. Let's say i always thought it's not because of the killer eye, but because of the scar, and since the eye is always on (differently from Spike that can turn on and off his powers), he's forced to keep it closed, like a dead eye. But i basically gave freedom about theories ;)
swedishWolf wrote:Stu:
I have to hand it to you. It feels a bit off reading 1x since your style differs slightly from the one Ive gotten used to that Rick has for the years Ive been reading HPC.

But, wow.

Just wow. I really like this alternate universe that you have going. Its more than just a "What if" imho.

Feet out of the stirrup to you.

ps:
I got the guy that introduced me to HPC to start reading 1x and Eyesight.
At first i tried to keep my style close to Rick's, with time i created my own. I used this comic to improve and get ready for something else ;D

I'm glad you appreciate! We're putting a lot of effort on this comic. Also-- the Eyesight comic is practically on hold... i really have no time to work on (soon) three webcomics unfortunately... :(

rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Too bad Eyesight is on hold but I kinda guessed that already. I hope at least you keep the motivation and encouragement to continue with 1x :)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

_Stu_ wrote:
valerio wrote:Perhaps you were asked already and I missed it...but why is Horda called Deadeye and not Eyesight?
Sorry for the bother
It's more of a codename used to identify that particular fugitive, i never thought about a particular reason for it. Let's say i always thought it's not because of the killer eye, but because of the scar, and since the eye is always on (differently from Spike that can turn on and off his powers), he's forced to keep it closed, like a dead eye. But i basically gave freedom about theories ;)
I figured it was either cause he's losing his eyesight, or cause he's dead now.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Wait a tic... if he is dead and is in Hell, why is his eyesight deteriorating from overusing his power? This is not his physical body! :?
My characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

copper wrote:Wait a tic... if he is dead and is in Hell, why is his eyesight deteriorating from overusing his power? This is not his physical body! :?
it's his spiritual one, and his power could be tied to his spirit. he's losing his spiritual vision
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

swedishWolf wrote:Too bad Eyesight is on hold but I kinda guessed that already. I hope at least you keep the motivation and encouragement to continue with 1x :)
1X is safe for now, don't worry. We're still having a good buffer with it, the updates are regular for a long time ;)
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I figured it was either cause he's losing his eyesight, or cause he's dead now.
Exactly. It can be any motivation, i didn't want to explain this either, wasn't so necessary
copper wrote:Wait a tic... if he is dead and is in Hell, why is his eyesight deteriorating from overusing his power? This is not his physical body! :?
Someone made me this question once... xD and as i said to him

"i learned something about souls, overworld and etc. in cartoonish worlds. If in Bleach souls can die of old age (lawl), and in Dragon Ball they can train in heavens to come back stronger in the world of the livings (by keeping their body for unclear reasons no less), it means often the difference gave to souls and livings is not so big in a matter of fact. The division is often theoretical more than logical, overworld is like a 'life part 2', pass me the term. After all, who needs that kind of logic in a world populated by demons, souls and sort of? Rules are bent to the author's will. After some time, i stopped saying 'this doesn't make any sense' by watching Dragon Ball-- not like the rest of that manga is far from an almost-comedy structure, but that's another story"

Long story short, rules are ofter mashed by the rule of convenience in these cases ;)

Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Though I must ask, since when has logic really appealed to us? :lol:
And it seems in Dragon ball only the powerful or really good/evil actually keep their bodies.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In Dragonball, anyone with a understanding of chi can form their bodies in heaven/hell. Anyone else that just travel to heaven/hell (the common folk) just tend to manifest as little puffs of smoke/spirits/blue light, similar to how the Japanese use to believe that floating light around lamps at light were the souls of people lost.

In Bleach, the rules are much different, but generally anyone that's either a hollow or shinigami is a soul, and everyone fighting in Bleach is a soul manifested into power. It becomes complicated when Fullbringers are introduced since they are humans with blended powers of hollow in them, but you have to consider that shinigami and hollows are manifestation of dead people to be more precise and that's the reason you see some of the crazy powers in Bleach - you look at it as more willingly controlled as opposed as to the body being the manifestation of power.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

He definitely needs a hug

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GameCobra wrote:In Dragonball, anyone with a understanding of chi can form their bodies in heaven/hell. Anyone else that just travel to heaven/hell (the common folk) just tend to manifest as little puffs of smoke/spirits/blue light, similar to how the Japanese use to believe that floating light around lamps at light were the souls of people lost.

In Bleach, the rules are much different, but generally anyone that's either a hollow or shinigami is a soul, and everyone fighting in Bleach is a soul manifested into power. It becomes complicated when Fullbringers are introduced since they are humans with blended powers of hollow in them, but you have to consider that shinigami and hollows are manifestation of dead people to be more precise and that's the reason you see some of the crazy powers in Bleach - you look at it as more willingly controlled as opposed as to the body being the manifestation of power.
Translation of the first thing: "only the characters i find useful for some reason can" :lol: also, that's not completely true... it is said they keep their actual body, not form a new one. But if they keep their body, they're still dead? Because of the halo? After all they have a body and inside that, their soul. Also they can train in heaven to become stronger on earth. I've never seen a true logic in that heaven, simply because its rules are basically the same of this world, i mean, if you're Goku you can even go there when you're ALIVE, i mean, wat?

Bleach is just so confusing and often convenient i actually can't remember much about it... i was just referring to the fact the Soul Society is formed by souls that can die of illness (?), of old age (!?), also they have a childhood (o_o), and they go to work after school (no this is just TOO much). At least Dragon Ball is clearly a parody... Bleach is totally not

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Seems like Spike managed to get Adam's attention.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

...I don't know why, but that strikes me both as awesome and bad, bad, bad, BAD move...
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Hehe, Falcoooooon Puuunch! :D
Time to take to your heels, snake... oh... :oops:
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

Black soul bullet... Seriously bro?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EIHJIQx1uQ
Yeah, totally I haven't seen that before. :roll:
_Stu_ wrote:Translation of the first thing: "only the characters i find useful for some reason can" :lol: also, that's not completely true... it is said they keep their actual body, not form a new one. But if they keep their body, they're still dead? Because of the halo? After all they have a body and inside that, their soul. Also they can train in heaven to become stronger on earth. I've never seen a true logic in that heaven, simply because its rules are basically the same of this world, i mean, if you're Goku you can even go there when you're ALIVE, i mean, wat?
Yeah, the other life in anime is always so weird and convenient.
However, IIRC, in Dragonball people only conserve their bodies only if it requested beforehand to Enma-sama and it has to be for a noble cause (such as train with the Kaiohs to save the universe) or if they send you to hell where your soul and body are going to be consumed bit by bit till you cease to exist (remember, bad people can't go back to life, not even with the Dragonballs). If you goes to paradise then you're only a soul (as we saw with Videl and Dabura).
Also, Goku can't go to heaven ALIVE by his own whim, he only is able to visit the Kaiohs' planets which are not the heaven and it was stated that they are in some part of the universe. The only ones who can go to heaven while they're alive are magic beings such as Kami-sama or the fortuneteller baba.
_Stu_ wrote:Bleach is just so confusing and often convenient i actually can't remember much about it... i was just referring to the fact the Soul Society is formed by souls that can die of illness (?), of old age (!?), also they have a childhood (o_o), and they go to work after school (no this is just TOO much). At least Dragon Ball is clearly a parody... Bleach is totally not
Yeah, Bleach is way too much harder to comprehend. I am not completely sure, but I think people in Soul society keep living their lives from the moment they were when they died. That means if you died as a child then you'll grow older. However, since they are now disembodied, their lives are way much longer here (everyone easily can live milleniums here). When a soul is killed (or dies by old age) it has been said that they come back to life in earth. Same goes with Hollows. It's all a cycle.
ImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I feel sorry for the snake now. :(
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Mh, i stopped reading OP after Marineford... i was a little bored of it. Btw i can quote lots of punches with a quality in it, don't see the point :/ wave punch from JoJo for example... a punch is a punch i guess

For the rest, i don't get why Goku can reach King Kai's planet from the overworld, then also when alive. It is somewhere in the universe, this means livings and dead are part of the same global universe? Everyone else can find that planet? Sometimes Goku can't use instant transmission 'cause "that one's ki is too far it can't be reached" (because he can use it by sensing a ki he knows, stated), then he can reach Kai's planet... because he can feel his really weak ki? Is that planet far or close to earth? I suppose quite far, or everyone would find it. Still, he can sense that ki? Convenience is always behind the tree... it's normal to use it, sometimes. With moderation.

Bleach is still a mess based on the one's theories... U.U people die, souls die, in every way, for some reason... never been sure why. Kubo never explained. Probably 'cause he can't, but there's no need to. That comic has far worse issues

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh,yeah. Forgot about the whole permission thing. If that's the case, they can be permitted to use %100 of their bodie's powers the whole time =P

But the reason I forgot about it is because guys like Frieza and Cell existed... but then again... I forgot it was Toei's filler episode. Silly Toei ~ making filler errors.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Oh this is *sniff* touching as much as it's weird

valerio

Post by valerio »

Ah, those touching father/daughter moments...
Gren

Post by Gren »

_Stu_ wrote:Blah Blah Blah Marineford... i was a little bored of it. Blah Blah Blah
*shake hands*
Man, you're the first person in the world (besides me) I ever met that was bored with Marineford. I can't agree more with you, that arc alongside with Fishman Island (the following arc) were the worst arcs ever in the whole series. But the next one and the current one are the bestest things ever! Seriously man, you can't miss it!
_Stu_ wrote:Mh, i stopped reading OP
I'm not sure if I buy it.
*looks at Eyesight's scar*
Yeah, you can't fool me. :roll:

Also Grape, you're SO out of character right now.
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

One punch was all it took? Geeze, he needs to come back to redeem himself!

And Grape needs a broom. When she gets a broom in her hand, she is unstoppable!
My characters
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Gren wrote:Also Grape, you're SO out of character right now.
A couple of years ago I ranted on the players in our "been playing star wars roleplaying game more than 20 years" about this. Things may seem weird or out of place, but just because they know how its usually done doesnt mean they know all the details.

Be it something the gamemaster/comic author have simply missed (and will correct later) or some schemes behind schemes in progress, it doesnt matter. Youre wasting precious time arguing instead of having fun.

Especially now that theyre in hell, who knows what kind of emotionall stress it puts on them, its not like taking a stroll through a park. This park is central park at night, in the movie Escape From New York and its christmas so all bad guys have gotten weapons and <behaviour altering candy> As presents.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Oh c'mon, it's not convenient when it's something useful, hardly believable and it comes at the right time! No wait

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gren wrote:I'm not sure if I buy it.
*looks at Eyesight's scar*
Yeah, you can't fool me. :roll:
That's a reference i made, it's different :/

Btw, i don't think Grape is that out of character... as i don't think we've ever seen her in a situation like this. Oh right, also there's a giant snake that even Eyesight is afraid of, that's secondary

kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Not to mention, it was shown at the beginning of chapter 10 that Grape is afraid of snake.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

So is everyone going to meet Matt now?
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Hide it hide it hide it hide it hide it hide it hide it hide it hide it hide it HIDE THAT MENTAL IMAGE!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Yes, Eyesight: That's called an error BIG TIME. *slow applause*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

copper wrote:So is everyone going to meet Matt now?
I like that this was the last comment before this comic.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

copper wrote:So is everyone going to meet Matt now?
How will Primo react to this then when he hears it from Grape or Eyesight??

Dun Dun DUUUUUUN </special sound effects>
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Is Matt drunk? :lol: