Housepets!: The Game. (Idea)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Nitrosparxx

Housepets!: The Game. (Idea)

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Hey Ya'll. So yeah, this is a kinda of odd Housepets fanfic. I posted something about a Housepets videogame in the wild guessing section of the Comics, so i'm going to post a more detailed version of it here!

Tentativly, it's called. "Housepets!: To The Rescue!"

~The Story~

Babylon Gardens: a beautiful little neighborhood that is fill with people who share special bonds with their beloved pets. It is a quite neighborhood that is peaceful and relaxing…well most of the time. One day a disgruntled man move into town. Dr. Terry Simpson was his name. He seemed harmless, till one day he and his henchmen kidnapped all the pets! Luckily for the residents, he forgot to capture Two of the pets. Now it’s up to these two pets to rescue the missing animals, before he puts them all down!

~Gameplay~

Housepets!: The Game is played by an Overhead view, sort of like legend of Zelda. Your basic attack is a scratch, but you can collect Items and such the bat or frying pan. the goal in each stage is to find all the missing pets in the stage, and free them from the villainous Dr. Simpson. After two rounds, you’ll face off with a boss. Each player gets six hit points, and 5 lives. At the start of the game you can only play as either Grape or Peanut, but you can unlock more characters.

~Controls~

*NOTE: These are for the Wii system only. Why? Because I’m a Nintendork!*

Wii Mote and Nunchuk

C stick- Move
B button/Z button- Scratch/Special weapon
A button- jump
D-Pad- Use item
+ button- Pause
- button- Item Select

Gamecube Controller

C stick- Move
B button- Scratch/Special weapon
A button- Jump
X button/Y button- Use Item
Start- Pause
Z button- Item select

~Items~

Weapons:

Bat: does x2 damage
Tennis racket: does x3 damage
Frying pan: does x4 damage
Tennis balls: does x2 damage, but can run out.
Apples: does x3 damage, but can run out
Bomb: Can blow apart walls and certain objects

Health

Dog biscuits/Cat food: restore one hit point
Dog food/Cat food bags: restore all hit points
Character’s Face: 1-up

Power ups

Orange soda: Temporary invincibility
Pizza: Speed increase

Miscellaneous

Frisbees: Collect for 100 points each
H.P. tokens: 2-3 in each stage. Collect all for 100% completion.
Mr. Bigglesworth: Each stage has one of these cats. Touch him, and he’ll/she’ll act as a checkpoint.

~Levels~

World 1: Babylon Gardens

Pets in Act 1: Bino, Sasha.
Pets in Act 2: Joey, Marvin.
Boss: Heavy Henchman
~Attacks: Whip and throws balls
Pet saved after Boss: Fido

World 2: The park

Pets in Act 1: Rex, Lester.
Pets in Act 2: Ralph, Kevin
Boss: Marcus (fat PETA member)
~Attacks: Attempts body slam
Pet saved after battle: Fox

World 3: The woods

Pets in Act 1: Zach, Raccoon
Pets in Act 2: Tiger, Miles Cub
Boss: Pete
~Attacks: Swoop, tail smack, Slash
Pet saved after boss: Tarot

World 4: Haunted mansion

Pets in Act 1: Sabrina, Spo
Pets in Act 2: Miles Cub, Mr. Bigglesworth
Boss: Escaping the haunts
Pets saved after boss: N/a

World 5: Theme park

Pets in Act 1: Miles cub, Pit
Pets in Act 2: Lucretia, Daryl
Boss: Rollercoaster Battle
~Attacks: Throw bombs, avoid objects
Pet saved after boss: King

World 6: Cat alley

Pets in Act 1: Fiddler, Keys
Pets in Act 2: Jasper, Jinx
Boss: Van
~Attacks: Shoot at you, throwing object, run you over.
Pets saved after Boss: N/a

World 7: The Zoo

Pets in Act 1: Tarmac, Gambit
Pets in Act 2: Shardul, Kangaroo
Boss: Dolphin
~Attacks: Bite, knock you off, fish barrage
Pets saved after boss: Silverbolt

World 8: The Milton’s Manor

Pets in Act 1: Rock, Lana
Pets in Act 2: Duke, Simon
Boss Pt. 1: Dr. Simon
~Attacks: Whip, Gun, Throw bombs, body slam
Boss Pt. 2: A Crane
~Attacks: Hit you, throw bombs, shoot you, run you over.
Pets saved after boss fight: Keene

I'll post stuff like enemy description and cutscene scripts later.
Kirby

Re: Housepets!: The Game. (Idea)

Post by Kirby »

Haha, awesome. I'd play a game like that. Heck, if I had a graphic artist, I'd PROGRAM a game like that XD

... though knowing me, I'd feel the need to make it overly complicated, like given each pet their own unique traits that set them apart from other pets.
Last edited by Kirby on Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler alert: My real name is Kirby.  BAM!

Not quite dead yet, but close to it.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Holy crap this sounds awesome.
Tis a great Idea methinks!
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

This game would make me play the Wii. You, my dear Nitrosparxx, are a genius. :)
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Tis a great idea Nitro has, no? I shooudl totally take this and send it to nintendo if only be,ause every housepets1 fan would probably buy it :3
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

This sounds like a awesome idea for a game. :mrgreen:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

You're a freaking genius, Nitro.
*dies of happiness* :D :D
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

First of all, let me plead neutrality, as I have no preference as to whether or not a fanmade game is made. By all means, it would be cool to be made, but I'm not going to be disappointed if it isn't.

That being said, hasn't this conversation been had twice now? And, if I remember correctly, both times, the idea been shut down. I just curious about the outcome of this one, based on past experiences.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Teh Brawler wrote:First of all, let me plead neutrality, as I have no preference as to whether or not a fanmade game is made. By all means, it would be cool to be made, but I'm not going to be disappointed if it isn't.

That being said, hasn't this conversation been had twice now? And, if I remember correctly, both times, the idea been shut down. I just curious about the outcome of this one, based on past experiences.
Unfortuneatly, I wouldn't know. I'm mearly posting for feedback, and to see what fans would like in the game.

Also, Here is Enemy and Boss descriptions:

~Enemies~

Stray Dogs/Cats: The most basic enemy In the game. They don’t do much, besides wander around the stage aimlessly. Gray fur. Takes one hit to K.O.

~Variants:
Feral Dogs/Cats: Same but have white fur, and move faster
Hostile Dogs/Cats: Same but have black fur, and move even faster

Henchmen: Henchman come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. The can be found wandering around, till they spot you, in which they’ll pursue you poor furry hide. Takes two hits to K.O.

~Variants:
Whipmen: Walk around and fling their whips at you. Not much of a threat. Two hits to K.O.
Gunmen: They stand still in a certain area, and fire guns at you. Get behind them to defeat them. Takes two hits to K.O.
Grenade Throwers: These guys hide behind objects, and throw grenades at you. Can only be defeated by a bomb.
Park Van: Not really an enemy per say, but these white vans are sometimes parked in the open. Gun shots come from all four sides of the van. Takes four hits to K.O.

Feral Wolfs: These guys aren’t much different from the Henchmen, except that they’re wolves and move faster. They only appear in the Zoo and Woods levels. Takes two hits to K.O.

Crows/Parrot: You can find crow is just about every level. The fly around in the sky just out of reach, until you get to close, and then they’ll attempt to dive bomb you. The Parrot are the exact same, except they only appear in the Zoo stage. Takes one hit to K.O.

~Variants:
Vultures: Instead of dive bombing, these guys drop things on you. Impossible to K.O.
Bats: Only appear in the Haunted house level. If they catch you, they start to suck hit point away from you. Takes one hit to K.O.

Brown Bears: One of the more deadly enemies in the game. Brown Bears move slowly, but if you get too close, they’ll swipe you, and knock you back far. Each swipes costs you two hit points. Takes three hits to K.O.

~Variants:
Black Bears: Even more deadlier than the brown bears. Takes four hits to K.O.

Spooks: Generic ghosts that only appear in the haunted house level. They appear randomly out the thin air and surprise you. Takes one hit to K.O.

~Variants:
Blanket Grabbers: These sheet like ghosts hover a little bit and attempt to wrap you up. If they touch you, you’re immobile and you can brak free by moving the C stick left and right. Takes one hit to K.O.

~Bosses~

World 1: Heavy Henchman

Nothing really special about this guy. He stands at one end of the arena, and attempts to whip you and throw bombs. The goal is to sneak around him when he whips, and hit him from behind. Defeated in six hits.

World 2: Marcus

This pudgy man isn’t much harder than the last boss. You can’t attack him when he’s on the other side of the arena because if you do, he’ll smack you back for two hit points of damage. If you wait for a bit, he’ll start to charge and do a belly flop. Get out of the way, and he’ll hit the ground and be temporarily stunned, giving you the chance to strike him. Defeated in Six hits

World 3 Pete.

At first Pete seems quite intimidating, but once you got his pattern down, this is a pretty simple battle. Pete stands at one end of the arena again, and attempts to swipe at you and to tail whip you. Periodically, he’ll fly into the air. Once he does, watch his shadow because that where he’ll land. Once he’s landed, he becomes momentarily immobile, giving you the perfect opportunity to strike. Defeated in Six hits.

World 4: Escaping the Haunts

Not a boss battle per say. You are being pursued down a long corridor by a band of evil haunts. The thing here is dodging the obstacles and watching out for the ghosts attack. They’ll throw objects and try to swipe at you. Defeated by surviving till the end.

World 5: Rollercoaster Battle

You’re given an infinite supply of tennis balls for this boss fight. Your character is positioned on the left while the Boss on stands menacingly on the right. He’ll attempt to throw bombs and junk at you. On top of that there’s obstacles that you have to avoid, making for a tricky battle. Defeated in thirty hits.

World 6: Escaping the van

This is similar to the Haunted House boss, except now the boss has a life bar, and you’re given an infinite supply of tennis balls. The people in the van will attempt to throw bombs and shoot at you, and periodically, it will attempt to run you over. When that happens immediately dash for either side of the road to avoid it. Defeated in forty hits.

World 7: The Dolphins

This is a tough battle. You are positioned on a narrow platform hanging precariously over a tank of water. There are four dolphins to defeat. Each one taking three hits. The dolphins will attempt to knock you into the tank by doing aerobic flips. If you get knocked into the tank, you better make it to the platform quick, or else the dolphin will attempt to bite you. Periodically, they’ll attempt to take a bite out of you when you’re on the plat form. If you dodge, they’ll bite into the platform, immobilizing them. This id your chance to attack. They also have one last attack where they’ll send a barrage of fish at you. Defeated when all four dolphins are K.O.’d

World 8: Dr. Simpson/The Crane

There are two phases to this boss. In the first phase, Dr. Simpson will throw a of attacks at you, such as whipping, shoot, bombing and even body slamming you. Whenever he’s finished an assault, he’ll pause momentarily, giving you the opportunity to strike. Takes six hits to defeat him. The next phase, he’ll gain control of a large crane. The crane will either strike the ground with it’s grapple, or it will fire off rockets and bombs. Dr. Simpson is on top out of reach. In order to reach him, you must disable the generator behind the machine. Four hits will stun it, and Dr. Simpson will drop to the ground. Eight hits, and he’s defeated.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

This all sounds sooooo fun!
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Thanks Naylorfan! :D Sorry this took me so long, I've finished half of the scripts of this game. I tried to make it as faithful to the comic as I possibly could. Enjoy!

~Intro:

*Note: These beginning Scenes are done like a motion comic*

[Scene: The entire town is silhouetted against a red sky. A shadow of a huge monster can be seen. Cut to the imposing figure looming over the town]

???: Muhahaha! This pitiful town is no match for the mighty shadow lord of evil!!

Grape [off camera]: Not so fast, creep!

[Cut to a pan up of Grape, dressed up in a super hero uniform and standing in a heroic pose]

Grape: I, the mighty Grape of Wrath will not let you hurt this town!

[Cut back to the Shadow monster Cackling]

???: Muhahaha! You dare defy me, little girl! Then come at me, and see how long you can last!!

[Cut to grape leaping at the monster. Suddenly…]

Peanut: GRAAAAAAAAAAAPE!!!!

*Right here the game switches to actual game graphics*

[Cut to a shot of grape fallen over in front of Peanut. She gets back up.]

Grape: AAAAHHH!!…Ugh, Peanut! If you weren’t my best friend, I would respond with more hostile intent! What do you want?

Peanut: There’s a new man who moved into the neighborhood, and he looks rather suspicious!

Grape: Oh really? I seem to recall the last time someone weird came into the neighborhood, you just scoffed it off!

Peanut: yeah, but this is different! This guy’s really is strange.

Grape: Oh fine, where is he now?

Peanut: He’s out talking with dad.

Grape: Alright, lets go.

[The two walk out side the house, where they find their owner conversing with a bald man who is garbed in a white lab coat]

Earl: Greetings there friend! Welcome to-

???: You can spare me the welcoming, simpleton. I’m just finding a place to stay.

Earl: Oh…well if you’d like, I’d be happy to show-

???: No that won’t be necessary. Just tell me, what houses have pets in them.

Earl: Erm…well just about everyone who lives here owns a pet of some kind. Also, we have a family of wolves who moved here. There live around down that way.

???: Hmm…very nice…Well simpleton, I’m off!

[The man starts walking]

Earl: Oh wait, I almost forgot. What is your name, sir?

???: Terry Simpson. DOCTOR Terry Simpson.

Earl: Oh, alrighty then. Take care!

[Doctor Simpson walks off. Grape and Peanut start talking to each other]

Grape: Wow…well that guy was rude!

Peanut: Yeah see what I mean? That guy was definitely suspicious!

Grape: Yeah. Well you can never judge a book by it’s cover, so we’ll just have to wait an see.

Peanut: Yeah I guess so…still I can’t help but feel like something bad is going to happen…

Grape: …really Peanut? That was the most creative line you could’ve made?

Peanut: Yeah, well the line you said wasn’t very creative either!

[The two walk back inside the house. Cut to later that night. A bunch of thugs are breaking into houses and are stealing the pets from their homes. After that we cut to the sandwich’s home where Peanut and Grape have just woken up. Suddenly they hear a ruckus happening outside the house]

Grape: Huh? What’s going on?

[The two run outside to see a horde of people gathered around Policeman Bill]

Bill: People please calm down, we’re doing our best to find them!

Grape: What’s going on? And where’s the other pets?

[Mrs. Sandwich comes over to grape and Peanut]

Mrs. Sandwich: Oh, thank heavens you’re still here! Oh my little darlings!

Peanut: Mom! What’s happening?

Mrs. Sandwich: Everyone’s pets were kidnapped last night!

Peanut & Grape: WHAT??

Mrs. Sandwich: Police have been out all morning searching for the pets, but all their searches haven’t been successful.

[Mrs. Sandwich walks away. Peanut and Grape look to each other]

Grape: Peanut…this is horrible!

Peanut: I know…who would’ve done such a thing?

Grape: hmm….[light bulb pops up above her head] That man dad met yesterday! I bet you he’s involved somehow! Remember he asked dad which houses had pets?

Peanut: Yeah! I do!

Grape: I bet you he did it!

Peanut: I knew something wasn’t right about him!

Grape: We can’t just stand around here and do nothing! We’ve got to find all the pets, as well as Dr. Simpson!

Peanut: Yay adventure!…oh wait, do you think mom and dad will let us go?

Grape: …Uh, I don’t think we need to talk to them first.

Peanut: But they’ll start to worry if we’re-

Grape: LET’S GO PEANUT.
--

~Level 1 intro:

Peanut: *sniff, sniff* Hey Grape! I think I can smell some of the other pets around here!

Grape: Really? *sniff, sniff* Hey I can smell them too! The kidnappers must’ve dropped off some pets around here.

Peanut: Come on we’ve got to find them.

[Grape runs off. Peanut starts to follow, but suddenly, he stops]

Peanut: Gee…this is all starting to sound like a video game!

[Peanut runs off]

Boss 1 Intro:

[Open to a picture of Grape and Peanut, growling at an evil looking man, who is brandishing a whip, and is holding a cage with Fido locked up in it]

Peanut: Grape look! That man has Fido!

Heavy Henchman: Huh? Wuzzat? Who are you??

Grape: Let go of that pet, you creep!

Heavy Henchman: Ah, looks like I forgot to bag some animals! No problem though! I put you two down for good!

Peanut: How? You’re not a licensed vet!

Grape: …Peanut, now is not the time…

Level 1 Epilogue:

[A picture of Fido shaking Peanut’s hand. Grape is standing next to him. In the background, Heavy Henchman is laying on the ground and is unconscious]

Fido: Thank you friends for saving me! The police squad could use more animals like you two.

Grape: Thanks, but I don’t think the police would want me.

Peanut: Fido! Who did this? And where are the other pets?

Fido: I don’t know! Those thugs broke into people’s homes and stuffed into these cages. I over one of the thugs mention, “The doctor” however.

Grape: That’s it! That must be Dr. Simpson! Do you know if they said where he is?

Fido: Well on of the thugs said something about the park.

Grape: alright Peanut lets go!

[END OF LEVEL 1]

~Level 2 Intro:

Peanut: Alright! THE PARK!!

Grape: Peanut! We’re not here to play! We’ve got pets to save!

Peanut: Oh alright…Can we play fetch after we’re done saving the pets?

Grape: Ugh…Peanut….

Peanut: Pleeeeeese?

Grape: …oh fine…

Peanut: YAY!!

Boss 2 intro:

[Open to a picture of Marcus, rolling up his sleeves, as Dr. Simpson is pointing at a very intimidated Peanut and Grape]

Grape: Look it’s Dr. Simpson!

Dr. Simpson: Ack! How’d you two get here? Marcus, get them! I must flee.

Marcus: Sure thing boss!

Peanut: Wow…that guy is big! He must eat a lot.

Marcus: What the-?! IT’S A GLADULAR PROBLEM, YOU FLEABITTEN MUTT!!

Grape: Pfft. Denial…

Level 2 Epilogue:

[A shot of Marcus being chased by a very angry Fox. Peanut and Grape are staying out of his way]

Marcus: AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Fox: Hey! Get back here you oversized wimp!!

Peanut: Gee…for a fat guy, he sure knows how to run…

Grape: I guess it’s not that hard once you get kinetic energy flowing through your gut.

Peanut: Yep…

[END OF LEVEL 2]
--

~Level 3 Intro:

Grape: Alright, Fox said that Marcus was trying to take him here, so I guess that means that others might be here.

Peanut: Oh boy! This means we get to meet wolves!

Grape: …Uh Peanut, I don’t think they’ll be happy to see us skulking around…

Boss 3 Intro:

[Open to a picture of Pete, menacingly staring down Peanut and Grape. Directly underneath him is Tarot]

Grape: Look, a gryphon! And he has Tarot!

Tarot: Peanut help me!

Pete: Ha, you foolish low order beings! I will-

Peanut: Awesome! A gryphon! This is so cool!

Grape: I had no Idea they even existed!

Pete: Huh?! Hey! Didn’t you two pay attention? I said I’m going to-

Peanut: I wonder how it flies since it’s so big.

Grape: Well you know there do exist big birds

Pete: Hey, stop disrupting my-

Peanut: Do you think that other mythical creatures exist?

Grape: I don’t know. It’s quite possible.

Pete: WILL YOU STOP IGNORING ME?!

Level 3 Epilogue:

[A shot of Pete getting sucked into a tornado, while Peanut, Tarot, and Grape look up at him]

Pete: NO!!!

Tarot: Hmph! That what you get for cheating, you jerk!

Peanut: Tarot!

Tarot: Peanut, my darling! Listen closely: when I looked into the future, I could see those thugs taking animals into that abandoned mansion! Hurry, you must get there!

Grape: Thank you Tarot!…Hey wait, if you could’ve foreseen that, how come you didn’t foresee those guys stealing you?

Tarot: Oh! I must get going. I’m sensing a disturbance somewhere!

Grape: …

[END OF LEVEL 3]
--

~Level 4 intro:

Grape: It sure is spooky in here…

Peanut: Uh, um, Grape? Do you believe in ghosts?

Grape: No. Why are you scared? Do you need me to hold your hand?

Peanut: N-No! I’m n-n-not afraid. EEK! What was that?!

Grape: …

Peanut: Oh, uh…heh heh…must’ve been my imagination…heh heh…

Boss 4 Intro:

[Peanut and Grape are looking in horror at a monstrous collection of ghouls all crowed in a narrow hallway]

Peanut: G-G-G-Grape?? W-W-What’s th-that??

Grape: I-I-I think I-it’s a trick by the thugs…

The haunts: Get out…shut off the light…get out…now…

Grape: Peanut?

Peanut: Yes??

Grape: RUUUUUUUNNN!!!!!

Level 4 Epilogue:

[A picture of Grape and Peanut running out of the mansion.]

The Haunt: Yah, ha, ha, ha, hah!

Peanut: Yow! That was close!

Grape: Whew, I’ll say.

Peanut: humph…ghosts aren’t real eh?

Grape: Oh pipe down you dummy. I’m not right all the time you know.

Peanut: you’re…you’re not…?

Grape: Oh brother…

[END OF LEVEL 4]
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I love it! However, I would suggest a slight change, near the beginning. Maybe a little gameplay tutorial between them seeing Dr. Simpson talking with Earl and them going to bed.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Topic locked by request of OP
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"