Trailer 1

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Penwrite

Trailer 1

Post by Penwrite »

Disclaimer: I am not Rick Griffin. I make no money from this writing.

A/N: Hey, gang, listen up. This is a unique kind of fanfic that, though I didn’t create it, I’ve greatly refined. It’s a “fan fiction trailer”, where I arrange little bits and glimpses of a coming fan fiction I’m working on to present a vague idea of what y’all can look forward to. I hope that this sort of thing is allowed, and if it isn’t than I won’t raise a fuss when it’s taken down. And remember friends...this fan fiction really is coming.

Housepets: An Adventure for the Ages trailer 1 (suggested listening music: Freedom Fighters, by Two Steps from Hell)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open to a black screen. Slowly, the music begins to play as scenes of pets playing and having fun in the snow are seen.

“I understand where all of you are coming from, but I don’t care!”

Fido, King, and Peanut are seen struggling through an icy wasteland, the wind blowing hard against them.

“I know what it’s like to create characters, create worlds. To the maker, all his creations are real and precious.”

Green energy surrounds the wolf cubs and Tarot, Tarot’s mouth open in a silent plea for help as her control is lost.

“You guys may think they’re not real, that they’re figments of someone’s imagination, that they don’t count. But they do!”

Scene cuts to Fido in medieval armor sword fighting against several armored knights.

“Their lives are real to them, important to them! That’s enough for me!”

Peanut and Grape sit cuddled together against a tree, her head resting on his shoulder.

Scene cuts to Fox jumping across a gulch, his fur glowing in patterns of black and cobalt.

Scene cuts to Peanut and King trying to wake a comatose Tarot, her eyes and the eyes of the surrounding cubs glowing green.

“Right now those people need our help! And I’m gonna give it to ‘em!”

Scene changes to show Peanut standing on a rocky outcropping overlooking a plain, back turned to it as he stares down at Grape, Fido, Max, Fox, and Sabrina. All their furs are glowing like Fox’s earlier.

“Now who’s coming with me!?”

Scene changes to show Fox and Max wrestling around on the ground, biting and snarling at each other.

Scene change to Sabrina jumping over Grape’s back and kicking a cat-sized gryphon in the beak.

Scene change to Fox jumping onto the back of a stone golem, as it towers over King’s quivering form.

Scene change to Peanut riding through a winding canyon on a lightcycle-like vehicle.

Scene change to Grape in the form of Princess Illaya watching in terror as a towering figure charges at her, gears grinding with each step.

Scene of Max and Peanut doing a fist bump, while Grape rolls her eyes in the background.

Scene change to Spot(Superdog) zooming through the air, firing his heat vision down on a crowd of stone golems.

Scene change to Grape in the form of Princess Illaya standing over the unconscious body of Fido and aiming her bow at a charging figure.

Scene change to a hooded figure dropping a pair of 20-sided dice at the footpaws of King. “You lose...”

Housepets: An Adventure for the Ages

Screen fades to black, before slowly fading in to show King holding a plate piled high with food, chomping on a turkey leg. “What, I like turkey, okay?”
valerio

Re: Trailer 1

Post by valerio »

I stand in awe and ready to read. :D :D
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ah shush now, Val, you do me too much honor. I'm simply a fan, prepping to play in someone else's sandbox. 8-)
valerio

Post by valerio »

naylorfan90 wrote:Ah shush now, Val, you do me too much honor. I'm simply a fan, prepping to play in someone else's sandbox. 8-)
Heh, you started with style, here, and, to quote another forumite. 'Don't sell yourself short' :D
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Ah shush now, Val, you do me too much honor. I'm simply a fan, prepping to play in someone else's sandbox. 8-)
Heh, you started with style, here, and, to quote another forumite. 'Don't sell yourself short' :D
Yay, I got quoted! :D
Anyway, I like the layout...just like a movie trailer. :)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Thanks, Tha Housedog. Anyways, I'm glad y'all liked it, and you should be able to expect trailer 2 to hit around Christmas. Then the first chapter itself I think will be ready by New Years.

A little clarification too. Don't be worried or anything if it looks like it's gonna be a super-dramatic action extraveganza. There'll be plenty of humor as well. It's simply easier to pre-plan action than comedy, which is kind of an 'in the moment" thing with me.

And as for romance...
valerio

Post by valerio »

naylorfan90 wrote:Thanks, Tha Housedog. Anyways, I'm glad y'all liked it, and you should be able to expect trailer 2 to hit around Christmas. Then the first chapter itself I think will be ready by New Years.

A little clarification too. Don't be worried or anything if it looks like it's gonna be a super-dramatic action extraveganza. There'll be plenty of humor as well. It's simply easier to pre-plan action than comedy, which is kind of an 'in the moment" thing with me.

And as for romance...
If you'll work your magic as if in the Peanut and King story, I'm all for it! :mrgreen:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Heh heh heh, turkey leg.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Love the trailer, Naylor. Awesome.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Barkeron wrote:trailer, Naylor.
BAHAHAHA :lol:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Nice. I think it is going to be a good story. Can't wait to read it! Trailers for fanfics? Inspired!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

copper wrote:Nice. I think it is going to be a good story. Can't wait to read it! Trailers for fanfics? Inspired!
Thanks. I don't really deserve any credit though, I didn't come up with them. I just do them better.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

naylorfan90 wrote:
copper wrote:Nice. I think it is going to be a good story. Can't wait to read it! Trailers for fanfics? Inspired!
Thanks. I don't really deserve any credit though, I didn't come up with them. I just do them better.
Don't belittle your creativity. Half of what is written today is just a new twist on an old idea or basic theme.
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:
Don't belittle your creativity. Half of what is written today is just a new twist on an old idea or basic theme.
Look at ASD. It was originally Copper's idea, and Lightwolf21 and I expanded on it.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Thanks for bringing that up, Tha Housedog. You do well to strengthen my point. Are you still doing those other two ideas?
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:Thanks for bringing that up, Tha Housedog. You do well to strengthen my point. Are you still doing those other two ideas?
Maybe not the first one...but definitely the Daisy/ferrets one.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tha Housedog wrote: Maybe not the first one...but definitely the Daisy/ferrets one.
The first one would be good to premiere on Valentine's Day, so there is plenty of time. Yay for Daisy! Your style would be perfect on that one!
My characters
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ah-HEM.

I believe we were talking about me? *struts around snootily*

Hehe. :P
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote: Maybe not the first one...but definitely the Daisy/ferrets one.
The first one would be good to premiere on Valentine's Day, so there is plenty of time. Yay for Daisy! Your style would be perfect on that one!
Um...thanks? I still have to figure out how I'm going to do that...or when.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

naylorfan90 wrote:Ah-HEM.

I'm sorry Naylorfan. We will only talk about your extreme awesomeness from now on. :lol:
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Ah-HEM.

I'm sorry Naylorfan. We will only talk about your extreme awesomeness from now on. :lol:
Short conversation topic. :P
I'm just kidding, gosh.
Must. Read. Next. Nayl. Fic!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Well, maybe not all the time. :lol: Maybe I'll post stuff on here occasionally, like things I'll be drawing inspiration from for my fic. Anyone interested in that?
valerio

Post by valerio »

naylorfan90 wrote:Well, maybe not all the time. :lol: Maybe I'll post stuff on here occasionally, like things I'll be drawing inspiration from for my fic. Anyone interested in that?
of course!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Well, maybe not all the time. :lol: Maybe I'll post stuff on here occasionally, like things I'll be drawing inspiration from for my fic. Anyone interested in that?
of course!
Yep! :mrgreen:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Always.
My characters
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

A little update, gang. The first chapter's coming along nicely, so I think I'll skip the second trailer and post the first chap this Thursday, the first day I'll be home from college for Christmas. To keep y'all entertained 'till then, I'll go ahead and list a few things that I'm going to be drawing inspiration from for this epic.

First off is Wakfu, a French animated series. Some of the writing is superb in my opinion, and when I plan out sequences for my stories I use the Wakfu animation style. The episode I'll be drawing my of my inspiration from will be ep. 25, so if anyone's curious, check it out and you might get an idea of what to expect from me. :geek:
valerio

Post by valerio »

naylorfan90 wrote:A little update, gang. The first chapter's coming along nicely, so I think I'll skip the second trailer and post the first chap this Thursday, the first day I'll be home from college for Christmas. To keep y'all entertained 'till then, I'll go ahead and list a few things that I'm going to be drawing inspiration from for this epic.

First off is Wakfu, a French animated series. Some of the writing is superb in my opinion, and when I plan out sequences for my stories I use the Wakfu animation style. The episode I'll be drawing my of my inspiration from will be ep. 25, so if anyone's curious, check it out and you might get an idea of what to expect from me. :geek:
YES!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I can't wait until Thursday.

So this is an epic, huh? That sounds interesting.
My characters
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

copper wrote:I can't wait until Thursday.

So this is an epic, huh? That sounds interesting.
Well, it won't start in media res like a pure epic, but I'll certainly be going for an epic scale, brought down to earth an scenes of cuteness and humor. :3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Even better. I can't wait.
My characters
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Second inspiration to mention is...anything by Edgar Wright. His movies, like Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, have been huge inspirations for my sense of humor.

Better?
Last edited by Penwrite on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Ah.

Yep, that's me, I post with almost nothing to say.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Private Elliot wrote:Ah.

Yep, that's me, I post with almost nothing to say.
Don't worry, private. Your avatar says all that needs to be said. *nod sagely*
valerio

Post by valerio »

naylorfan90 wrote:Second inspiration to mention is...Avatar: the Last Airbender. Though obviously there won't be anyone throwing lightning and fire around (or will there!?!?!), I will be aiming for about this kinda blend of action, comedy, and story. *nods sagely*
You HAD to mention that??
I feel like my enthusiasm has been crushed to a bloody pulp... :shock:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Second inspiration to mention is...Avatar: the Last Airbender. Though obviously there won't be anyone throwing lightning and fire around (or will there!?!?!), I will be aiming for about this kinda blend of action, comedy, and story. *nods sagely*
C'mon, it wasn't that bad...>.>
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

valerio wrote:
-_- Okay then. No story then. Good day, sir.
valerio

Post by valerio »

naylorfan90 wrote:
valerio wrote:
-_- Okay then. No story then. Good day, sir.
DON'T YOU DARE!!!
I say that that movie is the last pit in which that formerly great director fell, but YOU can surely make a great job out of it, so DON'T YOU DARE not to write it!!
Or I'll go all creepy after yoouuuu.... :twisted:
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

*facepalms* Wait...you were talking about the movie?

*** you M. Night SHYAMALAAAAAAA!!! :x GRAAAAARRRRH!!!

I meant the animated tv series that M. Night's abomination was allegedly based on. I say allegedly because the series is in an entirely different league.

X3
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

naylorfan90 wrote:*facepalms* Wait...you were talking about the movie?

I meant the animated tv series that M. Night's abomination was allegedly based on. I say allegedly because the series is in an entirely different league.

X3
Definitely. Avatar: The Last Airbender was a masterpiece. The movie wasn't terrible, but it was borderline insulting.
valerio

Post by valerio »

naylorfan90 wrote:*facepalms* Wait...you were talking about the movie?

X3
*whew* ah, okay. *feels better*