Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
HousepetZ!: Babylon Saga 

Post HousepetZ!: Babylon Saga
Maybe I'm posting this too soon, but I feel you all deserve to get the first chapter as soon as it's done, considering how long you've all been waiting.

---CHAPTER 1: Peanut & Grape; A Beginning
A brown dog walked down the street, holding close to him his handbag. It was sunset, the sky red. He was hurrying home. His mother had asked him to pick up some items at the convenience store in the neighborhood and he was returning. When he passed an alleyway a light brown dog with drooping ears and a green collar walked out and approached him. The brown dog stopped in his tracks, a little startled. The green collared dog just waved.

“Hey, you’re the new dog right?” He asked. The dog just nodded. “That’s great. I hear you’ve been here a week already, but this is our first time meeting. In fact unless I’m mistaken you haven’t talked to any of the neighborhood dogs yet.” The green collared one said walking right up to him. “My name’s Bino, and I’m the leader dog around here. It’s my duty to welcome you into the community.” He said with a smile and handing his paw out for a shake. The brown dog didn’t like his smile, it’s seemed fake, forced even. The dog swallowed a little, and accepted the paw-shake. “Welcome to the neighborhood dog. Say, what’cha got in the bag?” Bino asked. The brown dog tightened his hold on the bag.

“Oh, uh, just some groceries.” The dog said. Bino’s face shifted to that of a suspicious dog.

“That can’t be just it. I smell more than just groceries. What else you got in there?” Bino asked.

“Well, uh, just some drawings.” The dog said waverly. Bino laughed a little.

“You’re an artist are you?” He said chuckling. “Let me see some.” The dog clenched his bag tighter.

“N-no…” He said quietly.

“Oh come on,” Bino said reaching for the bag.

“No!” The dog stepped backwards away from Bino, but ended up tripping. As he fell he lost grip on his bag and it landed next to Bino’s feet. The bag was opened a little and piece of paper was sticking out. Bino kneeled down and picked up the paper. The dog gulped. Bino clenched the paper hard, wrinkling the edges. On the paper was drawn a picture of a dog… with a cat’s tail.

“What is this…?” Bino asked quietly. The dog started stumbling up to his feet.

“I-its, uh…”

“What are you, a cat lover?!” Bino snapped. The brown dog shrank a little.

“I’m not a cat lover! I just happen to like… certain features of theirs.” The dog said twiddling his fingers. Bino threw the picture and bag back at the dog, hitting him slightly into the brick wall. Bino walked up to him and grabbed the fur on his chest and pushed him against the wall.

“Here in Babylon Gardens, we don’t allow cat lovers!” Bino said knocking him across the face with his other paw. The dog collapsed to the ground, but Bino pulled him up again, with the same cheek that was just punched against the wall. Bino scraped him across the brick, and then hit him on the left ear. The dog fell over, hearing a ringing in his ears. Bino was about to sock him again when,

“Hey mutt!” Bino turned around and saw a cat leaning at the entrance to the alley. The cat was oddly purple in color, with an indigo color and very striking yellow eyes. “What’s the deal?” The cat asked with a sort of taunting tone.

“Stay out of this Princess Per-”

“Don’t call me that!” Before Bino knew it the cat had caught him in a neck-lock and he was being held up against the wall. “How’s it feel now that the mittens on the other kitten?” She taunted.

“Don’t mess with me cat!” Bino said skillfully swinging himself to the side causing the cat to lose balance. Bino broke free and then kicked her feet away causing her to fall face first onto the ground. “What were you saying?” He shouted into the her ears. He placed his hindpaw on top of her head, and pushed down some. “Enjoying the concrete?” He asked.

“Stop!” Bino felt a small piece of broken brick hit against his back. He turned and saw the dog there backing up against a wall in fright, clenching his bag with one paw, and his other was next to small pile of broken bricks.

“You just keep getting into more and more trouble for yourself.” Bino said angrily. Grape took the chance and rolled away from his foot, sprung up and grabbed a broom off of the wall.

“Let’s do this, cat to dog.” The cat hissed. Bino turned at her, and smiled.

“Very well, kitty!” Bino lunged at her and planted a fist against her face. A slightly loud noise sounded out as it hit her but she just stumbled back a bit. The dog hugged himself in shock. “Oh would you look at that.” Bino said shaking his paw a little. “Guess I forgot to hold back.” He said with a laugh. “But I see that you were able to handle it. Sort of odd.” He said popping his knuckles. “You’re a pretty good fighter, but let’s see how you manage with-” The cat shot her fist into his gut before he noticed.
“You talk too much.” She said with a smirk. Bino crippled down and clutched his stomach.

“Owww…” He said as he collapsed to the ground. The cat dropped the broom, and turned to the brown dog.

“Please don’t hurt me.” He said meekly. The cat smiled a little.

“Don’t worry, I’m not gonna hurt you.” She said offering her paw to help him up. He looked at her paw, and the at her. Her eyes looks nice. He slowly accepted the paw and got up, trying not to blush. The cat’s ears perked up as a noise came from a distance. “I should get out of her before his friends show up, you too.” The cat said. She was about to steal away into the darkness of the alley when the dog grabbed her shoulder.

“Wait! I’m sorry but. Uh, my name’s Peanut. I couldn’t catch your name. Was it, Princess Per-” The cat’s ears jerked up in annoyance. “Sorry, sorry!” He said awkwardly. “But, I want to thank you properly.” The cat’s ears went back to normal. “If you… don’t like your name then… I could give you a nickname.” Peanut said. The cat turned around, wearing a warm smile.

“Well, what do you have in mind?” She asked. Peanut thought for a moment.

“How about… Grape?” The cat stood there, not saying anything, thinking it over. She smiled at him.

“Grape sounds fine.”

Peanut approached home, and saw that there wasn’t a car in the driveway.
“Dad isn’t home yet.” He said to himself. He opened the door quietly, and slunk indoors. He entered the kitchen and placed the groceries onto the table. “Hey Mom?” He called entering the living room. He found Mrs. Sandwich sitting on the couch listening to the news while reading a book.

“Oh Peanut dear, you’re back.” She said not looking up from her book, but sounding sincere.

“I got the groceries; I left them on the kitchen table.” Peanut said. Mrs. Sandwich smiled, and looked up.

“Thank you dear- Oh my.” Mrs. Sandwich’s voice wavered. “What happened?” She asked concernedly. Peanut felt the scrape on the side of his face.

“Nothing, I- I just tripped.” Peanut stammered. Mrs. Sandwich stared at him thinking. Peanut looked away. “Well, I guess I’ll go do the dishes.” Peanut said, trying to avoid the conversation.

“No. You’re going upstairs and taking a shower. Clean yourself off, and tend to that scrape.” Mrs. Sandwich said definitely. Peanut was still looking away. He looked down towards at his feet, and then back at his mother.

“Right.”

Grape was awake in her bed. She hadn’t slept a wink for a reason. She looked around the room. Her younger was asleep in his bed at the other side. She looked at the clock; it was time. She crept out of bed and silently approached the window. The moon was high in the dark night sky. It released an eerie light all over the town. She put her paws on the window and lifted it open; however she heard a stir behind her. She turned around and saw her brother there, still half-asleep, clenching his pillow.

“Peri… are you sneaking out again…?” He asked. Grape’s ears twitched in annoyance.

“I told you, don’t call me Peri. And go back to sleep Res.” She said sharply. Res backed up a little, but didn’t leave.

“Me and Mom are worried about you.” He said, with a small whine to his sleepy voice. Grape’s ears twitched again.

“She’s not our Mom, and you know that.” She said turning back to the window. She opened the window just a little, and she went through with her perfect cat skills. She turned and Res was still there, staring at her. “See you later, Res.” She said quietly, as she slipped off into the night. Res clenched his pillow tighter, and returned to his bed.

Grape arrived at an abandoned house at the edge of the neighborhood. Many people avoided this house, they said it was haunted and all sorts of things. But she knew better, she knew what was actually inside. She let herself in through a passage in the back. She entered a wide room, illuminated only slightly by a single small candle in the center of the room. She looked around and approached the candle. Within seconds she quickly turned around a caught the secret oncoming swipe from behind and flipped the owner of the swipe toward the center. However the mysterious figure stopped mid-air and somehow turned the tables of the fight, and before Grape knew it she was on the floor with the figure slightly twisting her arm onto her back.

“Okay, okay! You win this one, Max.” She spat. The figure let go and stood up, smiling. The figure was a tuxedo cat with a blue bell-collar and turquoise eyes. His smile was very large and white, reflecting light from the candle into other parts of the room. The noise of a switch being turned on sounded out, and the ceiling light turned on. Grape and Max turned to see a completely black cat enter the room, carrying a tray with some food on it. She approached the two, and set the tray on the table that the candle was one, and then put out the candle.

“You’re late.” The black cat said.

“I just took a bit getting here.” Grape said. The black cat looked at her, then at Max. When Max didn’t say anything, the black cat elbowed him in the side.
“Owch! Sabrina, sis, come on!” He said turning to her, however he was greeted by a stare. The stare told him what was up. “OH. Ah.” Max turned to Grape. “You have to make sure no one knows what you’re doing.” He said. “And don’t try to hide it, we all know that you picked a fight with Bino earlier.” Grape released a *meep*, like she was shocked, but at the sometime trying to say something to justify herself, but decided just to shut up before she even started.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t exhibit any Special Powers.” Grape said, turning away holding her arm. Max felt what was left of his left ear.

“Bino is one of the Griffon’s top fighters…” He said. “You can’t risk him seeing your skills. If anyone ever found out I of all people am training you, there’ll be all kinds of danger.” He said.

“I understand that, I’m not scared.” Grape said. Sabrina grabbed her shoulder, and turned her so that she was looking at them.

“Listen Peri, it would be dangerous for not just you, but us, and your own family.” Sabrina said, staring straight at her, as if into her soul. Grape turned away again.

“I don’t have a family.” She said sternly. “And I told you not to call me that.” She said defiantly. Max moaned.

“Then what do you expect us to call you? You’re always like ‘Don’t call me that’, but you never give us a substitute.” Max complained. Grape turned to him with a smile.

“Well now I’m giving you one; Grape.”
---

Well, that wait was sort of long, but here's the first chapter! What do you guys think of it?

Check out the Housepets! Wiki! (http://housepetscomic.wikia.com/wiki/Housepets!_Wiki)

Sat May 02, 2015 8:45 am

Location: A Room Filled With Stars, Galaxies, and Story Ideas. We Are Just Here At This Point.
Post Re: HousepetZ!: Babylon Saga
You have my attention.

Flukely: The Imagination Mage. Mark of Mickey: Lab Coat
James: The Flowing Archer.

Need help understanding "The Band of 'Heroes'"? PM us!

Sat May 02, 2015 9:27 am

I love how this is all being put together! Great job!

Sat May 02, 2015 3:26 pm

i only watched a few episodes of DBZ, so i think i can follow along. Good story by the way.

link to My fanfic: Symbolic Power
Link to my fanfic: The centipede's quest

Sat May 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Okay, perhaps it's just the Dragonball reference in the title coloring my expectations, but I'm getting an absolutely awful DB:E vibe from that scene with Bino...

Please never do anything reminiscent of that terrible movie ever again.

Sat May 02, 2015 7:02 pm

Buster wrote:
Okay, perhaps it's just the Dragonball reference in the title coloring my expectations, but I'm getting an absolutely awful DB:E vibe from that scene with Bino...

Please never do anything reminiscent of that terrible movie ever again.

I had no thoughts at all of DB:E while making this. Don't worry, the scene was simply because I wanted a small fight scene, but didn't want to do a full out ki-battle right away. But also remember this, despite the name this fanfic is more than just DBZ inspired, it also takes inspiration from multiple other animes.

Check out the Housepets! Wiki! (http://housepetscomic.wikia.com/wiki/Housepets!_Wiki)

Sat May 02, 2015 7:19 pm

I never really saw DBZ:E. Is it really as bad as people make out?

And i am loving this so much right now!

Sat May 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Amazee Dayzee wrote:
I never really saw DBZ:E. Is it really as bad as people make out?

And i am loving this so much right now!

It's an okay movie, but it's a terrible Dragon Ball movie.

Sun May 03, 2015 7:05 am

I will take everybody's opinion for it then. When is the next chapter? :)

Sun May 03, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm gonna try to maintain a schedule, so maybe Saturday. If I get enough progress done on the story I'll try for twice a week, though don't hold me to anything.

Sun May 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Well then I guess we will have to wait to see how it goes then!

Mon May 04, 2015 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]