Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The Hardest Choice 

Post The Hardest Choice
So while I'm working on my Always There fanfic, I decided to go ahead and start a story that's been in the back of my mind for awhile. Enjoy.

----

Chapter 1

Today was a pretty busy day for Fox. Not only did he had a big case to solve at the K-9 unit, but he also had to prepare a birthday party for one of the dogs at the Good Old Dogs Club as well as babysitting his friend Fido's daughter Marie while he and Sabrina were on a date. So he felt that a nice walk down the street of Babylon Gardens while reading one of his favorite books seem like a good way to relax. He was so caught up in the book that he didn't even pay attention to where he was going He continued reading until he bumped into someone and fell down to the ground.

“I'm sorry. I didn't see where I was going.” said Fox.

“Fox?” said a familiar voice.

Fox looked up and saw a familiar tabby cat standing right in front on him. One that he haven't seen in years.

“Allegra?” said Fox as he got up on his feet.

“Fox, oh my gosh it's so great to see you.” said Allegra as she gave him a hug.

“Same here. How have you been.” said Fox, hugging her back.

“Doing great. How about yourself?” said Allegra.

“Doing good. What are you doing her? I thought you and your mom moved to Philadelphia.” said Fox.

“We did but the job she got didn't work out so well, so we had to move back to Babylon.” said Allegra.

“Are you back in your old house?” said Fox.

“Nope. We had to find a new home.” said Allegra.

“Well where are you now?” said Fox.

“You know where Joey is at? Said Allegra.

“Yes.” said Fox.

“My house is right next to his.” said Allegra.

“That's cool. Are you still working at Heathcliff's?” said Fox.

“Actually I just went there today and asked them if I could have my job back. I have an interview with them in a couple of days.” said Allegra.

“That's great to hear.” said Fox.

“By the way, what have you been doing. You look a little more buff since the last time I saw you.” said Allegra.

“Well I joined the K-9 unit last year and became a police dog.” said Fox.

“Really? That's awesome!” said Allegra.

The two walked and talked before making it to Allegra's house.

"Well I gotta get going. Dad wants me to help him out on his motorcycle and I promised to be there by five.” said Fox.

"Okay. It was great seeing you again.” said Allegra.

“Same here.” said Fox as he started to walk away before Allegra called out to him.

“Hey Fox.” said Allegra.

“What is it.” said Fox as he turned around.

“I was wondering if I could come to your house tomorrow and hang out? You know just to catch up on things. If that's okay with you?” said Allegra.

“Sure, that be great.” said Fox.

“Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then. Goodbye.” said Allegra as she walked into her house and closed the door behind.

“Goodbye.” said Fox as he headed straight for home.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:13 am

Post Re: The Hardest Choice
Interesting chapter. If you dont mind some tips, I would put more synonyms for the word "said" so it doesn't repeat over and over.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:23 am

Chapter 2

Allegra was in the bathroom drying off from her morning shower. She grabbed her collar, and left the room for some breakfast. She went downstairs and saw her mom Helen in the kitchen.

“Morning mom. What's for breakfast” said Allegra.

“Morning dear. We're having french toast. How'd you sleep?” said Helen.

“Pretty good.” replied Allegra as she sat down and started eating. “Where's Bruce?”

“He's still in bed sleeping.” answered Helen. “So, what do you have planned for today, honey.”

“Well do you remember someone named Fox? ” said Allegra.

“Oh how can I forgot him. He was that little dog that used to play with you right?” asked Helen.

“Yeah. I'm going to visit him in a few minutes.” said Allegra.

“Oh that's sweet. Maybe you should bring invite him over and we could show him those old poems you used to make about him.” teased Helen.

“Moooom. That was years ago.” grumbled Allegra as she started to blush.

“Oh you know I'm just teasing with you, sweetie. Besides, it's just you and I right now. No need to be embarrassed.” said Helen.

Allegra just shrugged as she finished her breakfast, got up, and headed out the door

“Well I'm heading out.” said Allegra.

“Okay dear. Make sure to be home by seven.” replied Helen.

“Alright. Love you.” said Allegra as she headed out the door and made her way to Fox's house. She walk for about ten minutes when she heard a voice from behind her.

“Excuse me!” shouted the voice. She turned around and saw that it was a ferret named Lana who was holding a bunch of envelopes. “ Hi, I'm Lana. Would you be interested in an invitation?”

“Sure.” said Allegra. “What's the occasion?”

“My brother Duke has a birthday in a couple of weeks, and he want us to throw a big party for him.” Lana replied as she handed her the.

“Thanks.” said Allegra. “Um, is it too much to ask for another invitation?”

“Of course not.” said Lana as she handed her another one. “May I ask who's it for?”

“It's... it's for a friend of mine.” said Allegra.

“Alright. Well take care?” said Lana.

“You too.” said Allegra as she putted the invitations in her collar and headed towards her destination.

----

The Lindberg Residence

Fox was looking around the house to make sure that everything was both clean as a whistle and in a certain place he wanted it to be. As he was looking through the living room, his cousin Bailey walked in to check on him as she and her husband King helped him out.

“Is everything all set?” asked Fox.

“Yes.” answered Bailey. “But Fox, don't you think you're getting a little too excited about this?”

“Maybe, but I haven't seen her in years.” said Fox. 'I don't want her to think I'm some slob.”

“Well if you keep this up, you're going to have a heart attack. I don't this girl of yours would even care if this house was a little bit messy.” chimed in King as he entered the room. “By the way, didn't you have to bring something to Peanut today?”

“What are you talking.... Oh right, I forgot. His books.” said Fox as he headed his way to the living room table and grabbed a stack a stack of books standing there. “Maybe I still got time.”

Just then, all three heard a knock at the door.

“I'll get it.” said Bailey as she headed over and opened the door.

“Hello.” greeted Allegra. “Is this the Lindberg residence?”

“Why yes it is.” said Bailey. “You must be that Allegra girl my cousin Fox's been talking about.”

“I guess. Is he here?” said Allegra.

“Yeah he's right here.” said Bailey. “Hey Fox, someone's here to see you.”

“Thanks Bailey.” thanked Fox as he grabbed his bomber jacket and walked towards the doorway.

“Hey Fox.” said Allegra.

“Hey Allegra.” said Fox. “Hey listen, can you wait for a couple of minutes.”

“What's wrong?” questioned Allegra.

“I borrowed some books from someone and I was supposed to bring them to him today.” said Fox.

“Well I can go with you.” suggested Allegra.

“You sure? I mean it'll just be quick.” asked Fox.

“Of course.” answered Allegra. “I've got a lot of free time on my hands.”

“Alright then. Well be right back.” said Fox.

“Be careful you two.” said Bailey.

“We will.” Fox responded as he and Allegra headed out the door.

----

The Sandwich Residence

“Here we are. Peanut's house.” said Fox as the two walk towards the door. Fox gave it a couple of knocks and it opened, revealing a purple cat named Grape holding a paper bag.

“Hey Grape.” said Fox.

“Hey Fox.” said Grape. “Who's your friend?”

“I'm Allegra. Nice to meet you.” greeted Allegra.

“You know you look familiar. Have we met?” asked Grape.

“Well I used to work at Heathcliff's.” answered Allegra.

“Okay now I remember, you were the waitress there. I knew I've seen you some where before.” said Grape.

“Oh by the way, I almost forgot. We came here to returned some of Peanut's books that I borrowed.” said Fox as he handed them to Grape.

“Thanks Fox.” said Grape. “He's been looking for these all day.”

Allegra took notice what was going on inside the house and saw a bunch of other pets wearing paper bags on their heads.

“What's with the paper bags?” asked Allegra.

“Oh, we're playing imaginate Into the Woods.” said Grape. “Care to join us?”

“Sure.” said Allegra.

“I don't know. “ said Fox. ” We were going to....”

“Come on, it'll be fun!” interrupted Allegra.

“Well.......Alright.” said Fox.

“Well come on in then.” said Grape as Fox and Allegra went inside.

----

A few hours later

“Hey thanks for letting us join guys.” said Allegra.

“No problem.” said Peanut. “Maybe you two can join us again next time.”

“Sure, that be great.” said Fox as he and Allegra headed out.

“Man that was fun.” said Allegra. “How come you didn't tell me about those games?”

“Well to be honest, I only went to them more recently, thanks to Bailey.” Fox responded.

“Speaking of which, who is Bailey.” asked Allegra. “I don't I've ever seen your cousin before.

“Well that's because she used to live far away from Babylon.” answered Fox. “Her family had to move to somewhere else and were forced to give her up, hence why she lives with us now.”

“And what about that corgi I saw in your living room. Who's he?” said Allegra.

“Oh that's her husband, King.” said Fox. “He and I had been friends for awhile now.”

“Oh okay.” said Allegra. “Well we better get going. It's getting late and I promised mom I would be back by seven.”

Fox nodded as they made their way to his house.

----

The Lindberg Residence

“Hey sorry this didn't turn out the way we planed.” Fox apologized.

“There's no need to be sorry.” Allegra responded. “I thought today was fun, and I got see some people I haven't seen I a long time.”

“Yeah I guess you're right.” said Fox

“Oh that reminds me.” said Allegra as she pulled out an invitation out of her collar. “There was a ferret who was handing out invites to her brother's birthday party. And I asked if I could have an extra just for you.”

“Aw, thanks Allegra.” said Fox as he gave her a hug.

“You're welcome.” said Allegra, hugging him back.

“Well, I'll see you later.” said Fox as he headed towards his door.

“You two.” said Allegra as she headed for home.

Fox entered his house and saw King and Bailey in the living room watching TV.

“Hey guys, I'm back.” said Fox.

“Hey Fox.” said Bailey. “What took you so long?”

“Yeah sorry about that. Grape and Peanut were doing their imagination session again and we decided to join in.”

“That's okay. As long as you were having fun with your girlfriend.” teased Bailey.

“Oh ha ha, very funny.” said Fox. “By the way, did anything happen while I was gone?”

“Yeah you got message from Bino about some meeting at the club.” said King.

“Oh that's right, we're talking about fire hydrants and mail men.” Fox muttered to himself as he placed his jacket on a coat hanger. ”I'll call him about it tomorrow when I get up.”

----

Finally got this chapter done. Sorry it took awhile guys.

Last edited by Saturn381 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:40 am

I've always thought that Fox had great potential as a character. I'd like to see what happens next.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]