Another bit of fanart

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Another bit of fanart

Post by copper »

Looks a bit blocky, though not really, heh. It is good art and I like it! Awesome little pic you have contributed, thank you! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

what's a PG rating good for?

nothing, that's what

ImageImage
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

thank you, Petey-boy, but I'll just pass.
No offense eh?
And don't look at me like that.
Please...
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

I will never look at birds the same way again...

(But in any case, A Peanut and Dragon Pic would be funny.)
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
Karl

Post by Karl »

He looks adorable ^^,
I'm a bookworm!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Karlos wrote:He looks adorable ^^,
That's... one way of putting it. :shock:
Looks really cool! He kinda reminds me of that guy from Star Fox... what was his name again?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

ShadowLightning wrote:
Karlos wrote:He looks adorable ^^,
That's... one way of putting it. :shock:
Looks really cool! He kinda reminds me of that guy from Star Fox... what was his name again?
You mean Falco Lombardi?

Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Rade's drawing is really cool!
Looks like the dog is out of the bag in that scene, Is it not?

Fox McCloud? Falcon Lombardi?
I think my first born son's name will be "Human."
snakebug wrote:I will never look at birds the same way again...
Only now do I know the definition of fear!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I don't know why, but I would love to see that face, and in a steampunk outfit.... it just fits!

I will come over, if nothing more that to shake your hand and say Hi!
My characters
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

copper wrote:I don't know why, but I would love to see that face, and in a steampunk outfit.... it just fits!
I'd love to see that, too :)
Silly Zealot wrote:Fox McCloud? Falcon Lombardi?
I think my first born son's name will be "Human."
... if you follow the Starfox-logic you shouldn't do that. Fox is the only member of the Starfox team whose name doesn't betray his species ;) (Falco Lombardi is a pheasant, Peppy Hare is a rabbit and Slippy Toad is a frog :mrgreen: )
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

I'm glad you all like it. Lol I just found this thread! Shows how much I roam around the forums =P. I'll be making another here soon.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Here ya go. It's a completely different approach then my last. I had to think about this one. Instead of using someone's work, I thought of my own. I still think I like my previous one better, but this is what I got. I'm just starting to mess around with ink pens and color pencils, so I would have colored in more of King, but was afraid to mess something up. This took me way to long to get down and I'll admit this looked better in my head. Basically just think of our little hero King, is trapped or has walk into some big corridor and all he sees in the dark is the outlining of Pete's body and his piercing menacing eyes. I hope you like =)

Last edited by Tatsuo on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
valerio

Post by valerio »

awesome!!! :D :D
Go King, kick some lion butt!
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

It looks cool! The shading/shadows were done really well and the fact that their eyes are the only things colored in is a nice touch. Good job :)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Thanks guys =). The shading was not my best. I was playing around with a black color pencil and found out it's not good for rubbing in and shading. So a lot of the bottom shading above King is uneven. Most of this drawing was me learning. Especially trying to get King's pose down and foreshortening his left hand. I had a friend help me with that. All in all I had fun with it. Ive also made a promise to myself when I get a graphics tablet, I'm going to go back and make all my drawings Epic.

snakebug wrote:(But in any case, A Peanut and Dragon Pic would be funny.)

If no ones taken that challenge I'll give it a shot. Don't know how good it would be. Because my great grandmother is right, I need to start drawing some happy faces :).
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I really like it! Very epic pose and situation!
My characters
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Thank you man. Glad you like it =).
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Pete:-"Bow before me... SUBMIT!"
Joel/King:-"Never..."
Me:-"Never? Then stop wearing the collar he gave you, Einstein!"
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Silly Zealot wrote:Pete:-"Bow before me... SUBMIT!"
Joel/King:-"Never..."
Me:-"Never? Then stop wearing the collar he gave you, Einstein!"

I'd say since he has possession of his "fate" he has some power and some say. I've often thought what would happen if King were to destroy the watch linking his fate. I'd like to think because he has no fate, he'd be able to make is own and ultimately never give in to Pete's wishes. There's a lot more detail I could give, but I don't think that's where the story is going to go.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

What I'm trying to say is that that collar was literally placed around Joel/King's neck as a way of representing "Haha. You are my pet now. I even gave you a pet collar and pet name to boot!", making Joel/King a bit of a hypocrite, since he is still using that same pet collar, that same pet name, AND that same pet body (Which he doesn't want to let go of anymore, apparently.).
I'm rather preocuppied that he is now more than willing to spend the rest of his life, and perhaps for eternity, in the body an evil blue parrakeet gave him.

EDIT: In hindsight, I should discuss these things elsewhere, ere I get banned for off-topicness.

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Something different, I think?
For almost a year now, I've been imagining what musical instrument each and every Housepets character would play if they were all musically inclined. I did a similar fanart piece before, and ever since then, I've always wanted to draw all of them with their respective instruments. Sadly, I never had enough courage to try any of them, since instruments are so hard to draw.

Still, while waiting fro my DS to recharge, and spurred by my mum's words of encouragement last night, I drew out my most favourite character, Peanut playing the cello. I always see him as a classical music enthusiast, though he's open to all sorts of styles, and I think the cello is a very prominent instrument when played alone but has the ability to blend in perfectly within a crowd.

5 hours in total...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

DAAAWWWWW!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kudos, I hope this is the first of a memorable series, Kuro!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Peanut's stance is way off, but I love it! The cello eh? That is an interesting choice.
My characters
Gren

Post by Gren »

Nice drawing, though I always imagined him more inclined to Jazz. I think the sax would fit perfectly on him.

Good to hear I wasn't the only one wondering for the perfect instrument for each character. :lol:
ImageImage
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

I agree with Valerio. I hope you'll show us more of these so we can see what the other housepets are playing :D Good job!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I admit hearing a classic cello melody as I see this, that must mean it's very good, right?
It's not a sign of my insanity acting up again..... right?

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

YAY COLOR! I'm jelly dude. You can tell you put in the work. You may have the pose slightly off as said above, but you've got a grasp on how to make hands. Which is a lot more then other people can say. As well as me. Great piece man. I look forward to more =)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gren wrote:Nice drawing, though I always imagined him more inclined to Jazz. I think the sax would fit perfectly on him.

Good to hear I wasn't the only one wondering for the perfect instrument for each character. :lol:
Max is Sax!
Gren

Post by Gren »

valerio wrote:
Gren wrote:Nice drawing, though I always imagined him more inclined to Jazz. I think the sax would fit perfectly on him.

Max is Sax!
Nice catchy phrase, but Maxwell is meant for trumpet!
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

Really? I see Bino with trumpet -fits more his blasting personality :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I have to agree with Val. Knowing Max, he probably would have figured out that playing a sax would draw more attention with girls. If he already knows Spanish, then chances are he'd pick up sax playing as well if just to add more charm to his personality.

Humorously, I would picture Bino being a Pianist... if he practiced =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:I have to agree with Val. Knowing Max, he probably would have figured out that playing a sax would draw more attention with girls. If he already knows Spanish, then chances are he'd pick up sax playing as well if just to add more charm to his personality.
Humorously, I would picture Bino being a Pianist... if he practiced =P
You got it straight! :D And let's face it, a duet with Max and his Sax, Grape and a Trombone, would just do great!
And no: Sasha is made for piano, we know that already!
I can see Fox as a guitarist, and King energically playing a violin.
Gren

Post by Gren »

But the sax is the kind of instrument that it can only be played by a true artist. An instrument meant for improvisation; chaotic and yet harmonic, such as Peanut is. :lol:

Besides, Max is not the kind of guy who will play an exotic instrument just to draw the attention. He is not eccentric. However, I'm pretty sure he will get the girls with that deep and charming voice he surely have (he must be one of the best singers of BG for sure).
GameCobra wrote:Humorously, I would picture Bino being a Pianist... if he practiced =P
Piano is reserved for Sasha and Keys. Besides, Bino is too lazy to even get to practice with such complex instruments. I figured that he would play a tiny and silly instrument like a triangle or a ukelele and then he would try to aggrandize his performance as if he were playing the most complicated of the instruments. :roll:
valerio wrote:I can see Fox as a guitarist, and King energically playing a violin.
No way, there could not exist a better instrument for Fox than a harmonic. And King playing a violin? What the howl? Fiddle plays a violin. A guitar would fit better with him.
And seriously, how can you say that Grape would like a Trombone? That's for dorks! She is too cool for that and furthermore, she surely hates strident and loud sounds (she have enough with her daily "GRAAAAAPE!"'s. :lol: ). Therefore, there's no better instrument for her than a bass. 8-)

You know, this topic is pretty amusing, maybe we should open a thread for this.
Last edited by Gren on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh wow, I think I set off quite a discussion here xD
You'll just have to see what I think the others are suited for, which would take a while, since I may be busy.

@copper: I know, but by the time I realized it, I was already colouring, so yeah..

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:But the sax is the kind of instrument that it can only be played by a true artist. An instrument meant for improvisation; chaotic and yet harmonic, such as Peanut is. :lol:
Annnnd... Max isn't? =P

He could be just as chaotic and harmonic as Peanut. He gets kicks out of messing with people and he want to have a generally healthy relationship with everyone while doing it. I can throw in also his chaotic nature likely ended up with his bitten ear and that he reads Pridelands, which suggests he has personal fantasies in mind as well.
Kouri
Banner Artist

Post by Kouri »

In case anyone's curious about it, here's the song Peanut is playing: (according to the notes in the background)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzhuU_rhAg

I was curious about it myself, so I played the first few notes on a piano, recognized the melody and then searched youtube to see what it was called. Very classy, Peanut ;)
Cellos do sound pretty beautiful though, don't they?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Oh, good! I was about to have to ask what it was called, cause I recognized the tune but didn't know the name!
*listening to Bach now* ^_^
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Silly Zealot wrote:I admit hearing a classic cello melody as I see this, that must mean it's very good, right?
It's not a sign of my insanity acting up again..... right?
Kouri wrote:In case anyone's curious about it, here's the song Peanut is playing: (according to the notes in the background)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFzhuU_rhAg

I was curious about it myself, so I played the first few notes on a piano, recognized the melody and then searched youtube to see what it was called. Very classy, Peanut ;)
Cellos do sound pretty beautiful though, don't they?
Obbl wrote:Oh, good! I was about to have to ask what it was called, cause I recognized the tune but didn't know the name!
*listening to Bach now* ^_^
I don't know how to read musical notes, so I did not recognize the melody at all. But the first seconds of it were precisely what I hearing in my head as I looked at the drawing!
Every time I see a cello, I think of that melody. It's extremely famous. The go-to song of cellos, in fact!

Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:Annnnd... Max isn't? =P

He could be just as chaotic and harmonic as Peanut. He gets kicks out of messing with people and he want to have a generally healthy relationship with everyone while doing it. I can throw in also his chaotic nature likely ended up with his bitten ear and that he reads Pridelands, which suggests he has personal fantasies in mind as well.
I wouldn't call him an artist. He is far more concerned in his social life to even have time for such things like drawing, writing or music. And I think everyone have fantasies, but that doesn't make you an artist.
The only way I could call him an artist is as a prankster (just as Bino. Thinking about it, they have more in common than what I thought).
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:I wouldn't call him an artist. He is far more concerned in his social life to even have time for such things like drawing, writing or music. And I think everyone have fantasies, but that doesn't make you an artist.
The only way I could call him an artist is as a prankster (just as Bino. Thinking about it, they have more in common than what I thought).
People can act on their fantasies, which is one thing I get from some of the imaginate arcs he's in. =P

I slice him between prankster and a charmer, but with his prankish tendencies being his chidish side, similar to how Peanut likes playing games and Grape likes writing fanfics. Pranksters usually go for the flute, but I would think Max would be savvy enough to know that a sax would make him much more mature and charming in life. Something we've seen he tries hard to be depicted as, despite his shortcomings =P