Housepets: A 'Simple' Date

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Karl

Re: Housepets: A 'Simple' Date

Post by Karl »

Wow, this update is really good. And the last line just shocked me :)

Now I wonder what will happen next. And I can't wait to find out...

And my favorite line:
“I’m telling you, night based songs are overdone…I don’t care how romantic they seem to be…everyone’s heard them a million times.” Fiddler said to Keys.
:lol:
I'm a bookworm!
The Game

Post by The Game »

Way to go you guys!
I still love this!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

YES! LET THE PAIN BEGIN!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Ah! I can't wait for the update!

I may prefer the Grapewell stories, but I can appreciate a well written, entertaining, funny, and very creative Grapenut story. :mrgreen:
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

One of those on snap, busted moments. Great update there. Let the drama begin :mrgreen: .
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Let me tell you now...Tuesday's update will depend entirely on if I fail or pass tomorrow's exam. If I pass, I'll likely be in the mood to finish writing Chapter 10. If not, I'm sorry. It'll probably be at least one day late in that case.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, good luck Tha Housedog, I hope all goes well with the exam. Now go study more if you're that unsure of passing! :evil:

Edit: Stupid spelling mistakes!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:Well, good luck Tha Housedog, I hope all goes well with the exam. Now go study more if you're that unsure of passing! :evil:

Edit: Stupid spelling mistakes!
It doesn't work like that. It's a skills exam. And a written exam. One piece of good news in that regard...is that everybody who has ever taken this test has passed it. 100% Pass rate. I'm worried, but I'm not THAT worried.

I also get all day off from school for it. And it'll end at about... 1 PM. So I'll have a bit more time to work on ASD, if I'm feeling up to it. After Saturday's update, however...I'm definitely going to have to slow down for finals week. High school is a jerk sometimes.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yes. High school isn't always the best thing in the world. I hated finals. But the rewards are pretty awesome! Winter Break, Wooo!
My characters
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Oh Snap!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Good luck with your exams then :) Best is to stay calm and believe in your possibilities.
I'm a bookworm!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Well, I did it. I passed. That means that, more likely that not, you're probably getting an update tomorrow! ;)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Congratulations! :D and Yay for update. X3
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Karl

Post by Karl »

Tha Housedog wrote:Well, I did it. I passed. That means that, more likely that not, you're probably getting an update tomorrow! ;)
Well then, congratulations :) It always feels good when you have this behind you.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:Well, I did it. I passed. That means that, more likely that not, you're probably getting an update tomorrow! ;)
[JD Mode on]mmmMMMM, nirvana-y. [JD Mode off]
Oh and unercongrats for passing! See? Housepets! is good for your studies :mrgreen:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Huzzah, young man! Congratulations on passing your test Mr. CNA Housedog.
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

WHat sucks is, I had a lot of time to work today and no imagination to write ASD with...I'm hopeless. :lol:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

You just sent the fairy on a rant, Tha Housedog. Never say you are out of ideas around her. :x
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Can she share some? I'm running out of juice.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tha Housedog wrote:Can she share some? I'm running out of juice.
Send a PM if you're serious about that. You introduced Max too early, though.
My characters
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

He needs juice stat!

Should try getting up and pacing or somthing, that's what I do! I constantly hit writer's block walls! Eventually some really good ideas come! Just give it time! We can wait!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:Can she share some? I'm running out of juice.
I'd offer help, but in the end I'd be tempted to write it for you! :mrgreen:
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

-_- Yeah... T.H. isn't going to make it. Sorry folks... He said he'll post it tomorrow.
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That's fine. I'd rather have a good update than a fast one anyway.
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

lightwolf21 wrote:-_- Yeah... T.H. isn't going to make it. Sorry folks... He said he'll post it tomorrow.
the longer the wait, the greatest the pleasure when we'll read it ;)
Karl

Post by Karl »

lightwolf21 wrote:-_- Yeah... T.H. isn't going to make it. Sorry folks... He said he'll post it tomorrow.
It's gonna be very hard to survive until this day... but I'll be strong!
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Karlos wrote:
It's gonna be very hard to survive until this day... but I'll be strong!
Prescription: In case of death by waiting, use a dose to revive patient. 100% effective!
'ASD', is a Housepets! Fan Projects Forum production. Balm for your Soul. :D
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Goin' out with a bang! The tenth and final chapter of A 'Simple' Date is here! Please enjoy your stay in Completed Fanfic Land!

Housepets: A ‘Simple’ Date
Chapter 10
Written by Tha Housedog, Reviewed by lightwolf21
----------------------------

“M-Maxie…” Grape stammered. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, nothing. I was just minding my own business, perched on top of a tree…until I saw you and your real boyfriend over there holding hands and almost kissing. If you didn’t want to date me, why didn’t you just say so, instead of faking being sick just to avoid me?”

“I had to do this for Peanut…I promised him that I would let him have one thing…and he chose a date. He earned this fair and square, and you have to respect that.” She was determined to turn this around on Max…if she didn’t, she knew what would happen.

“You’re with him! I know it! I watched you two!” Max yelled, his fists balled up. “I saw you two! Holding hands, snuggling, about to kiss…that sounds like more than just ‘respect’ to me!”

Grape pretended to be shocked. “Maxie, are you…actually jealous of Peanut? I’m not sure I want to have a boyfriend like that…”

Fiddler and Keys “Ooh!”ed in the background…just like a movie audience.

Max fell for it. “N-No! I’m not jealous of the dog! No way!” He waved his arms in front of him wildly, in protest.

“So…you don’t want me? I guess I’ll just go to Peanut, then…” She looked up and away, pretending to be happy, teasing him just to keep him from thinking of her as a ‘dog-lover’…and it was working.

“Ahh!” could be heard in the background.

“Be quiet, you two!” Grape yelled at the spectators. Fiddler and Keys answered back. “Sorry!”

“N-No, I’ll…I’ll wait for you. I can come back…another time.” Max walked away, looking down…when he realized that he might be able to slip in… “That means a date tomorrow, Grape Jelly Sandwich!”

“Okay!” Grape replied. She sat back down on the blanket next to Peanut. “Now where were we?” She asked.

“I think we were…here.” Peanut leaned in and kissed Grape on the lips. She didn’t pull away, but she didn’t lean in, either. Instead, she giggled. Grape would play hard to get…she wanted to see just how much Peanut wanted her. To see if what she was thinking of doing for that dog was worth it.

At the kiss, Fiddler and Keys’ music resumed. It started with the fiddle and worked in the piano, slowly and steadily, building tension in some parts and quieting in others, just as the light wind that blew the snow did. The sun had finally begun to set, and the sky blazed in orange, purple, and red. The afternoon sky was picturesque, and since nobody but Maxwell was outside due to the February cold, Peanut and Grape’s date could finish uninterrupted.

“This is such a beautiful sunset…” commented Peanut, who was watching the afternoon sky. He was sitting down, leaned back with his weight on one arm. Grape mirrored him. She coughed. “Grape? Are you okay?” he asked, looking concerned.

“I’m fine,” she responded. She didn’t really know for sure, but the cat figured that it was best to not worry about it. “Let’s just enjoy our date,” Grape said as she popped a dog treat into her mouth.

“Okay,” Peanut said, not entirely convinced, but willing to drop the subject. “It’s so beautiful here.”

“Yeah,” Grape agreed. “We don’t see this very often…we had better take it in now, while we still have it.” She watched Peanut for a few seconds. He continued to stare at the sunset…

----------------------------

The date stretched for most of the remainder of the night. As Peanut and Grape chatted away, they kissed and continued to share the dog treats, taking sips from the water bottles that Peanut had packed. Once they ran out of supplies, and the night grew colder, they decided to go back home. Arriving back home, Peanut opened and held open the door for Grape, but before she could head off to take a nap, Peanut stopped her.

“Grape, I have to show you something.”

“What is it now, Peanut?”

“Remember that surprise I mentioned earlier? Follow me.” He took off, leading her into their shared bedroom. He booted the computer back up and had the webpage for his comic already open. As he glanced at it, Grape walked in. “Now what did you want to show me?” She asked.

“Check this out!” Peanut turned the monitor toward Grape. She was shocked, to say the least. Peanut had actually put out his comics for the world to see, and they had reached over 7000 views in just one day! “Peanut! You didn’t?” She asked, amazed.

“I sure did,” he replied. “And it’s all thanks to you. If you hadn’t encouraged me to do this, if you hadn’t handed the binder filled with my Spot (Superdog) comics to Joey and Squeak…then you and over 7000 others wouldn’t be looking at this right now. Thank you so much, Grape!” He hugged her.

Grape was impressed. Peanut had finally managed to conjure up the courage to do what she had been trying to convince him to do for years now. “You’re welcome, Peanut.” Grape said, as she returned the hug. “Do you see now? There was no need to worry yourself about what others thought about your comic. All that mattered was that you liked it, and that you had the courage to put it up. And see what happened? You ended up with quite a few fans!”

“Yeah! And it’s all thanks to you, Joey, and Squeak! Thank you so much, Grape! Oh, I gotta go thank Joey and Squeak! I’ll be right back!” he called, as he sped out the door and down the street, back to Joey’s doghouse.

Grape watched as Peanut left the house, filled with pride. She had done her job. She fought back tears of joy as she glanced at the webpage one more time before shutting off the computer and laying down for bed.

THE END
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Yay, for happy endings for all! X3
...even Maxwell.
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Very nice wrap-up. I hoped it would end well, and it did! :D

Peanut has fans! :lol: I just love that!
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

.......good work
I hate happy endings...
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Hehehe! I loved everything, specially the part of the background voices (the 'aaaww', 'oooh!' by Fiddler and Keys)!
Great thing everything ended well... just great and cute, huh?
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I Liked this story. Well written, entertaining. :mrgreen:
lightwolf21 wrote:Yay, for happy endings for all! X3
...even Maxwell.
H-how is that happy for Maxwell? Grape manipulated him into allowing her to go on a date with another guy. Max had to have had a seriously broken heart; seeing his girlfriend on a date with someone else on Valentines Day, and when he confronts her, she makes him seem like the bad guy. That seems like a pretty crappy ending for poor little Maxie... Even if he gets a date with her the next day, it's probably just going to be awkward and full of jealousy and regret, ultimately ending in the two of them splitting up. Not a happy ending for Max at all...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's why I don't like when Max gets involved in Grapenut fanfiction. It makes me sad to see him hurt.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sleet wrote:That's why I don't like when Max gets involved in Grapenut fanfiction. It makes me sad to see him hurt.
But I don't like it when he's ignored in Grapenut fanfiction. Grapenut fanfics basically ignore the fact that Max exists, because he's rarely seen on them.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Then perhaps there should be more where he lets Grape go without anyone getting upset. ^_^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ctcmjh wrote:H-how is that happy for Maxwell? Grape manipulated him into allowing her to go on a date with another guy. Max had to have had a seriously broken heart; seeing his girlfriend on a date with someone else on Valentines Day, and when he confronts her, she makes him seem like the bad guy. That seems like a pretty crappy ending for poor little Maxie... Even if he gets a date with her the next day, it's probably just going to be awkward and full of jealousy and regret, ultimately ending in the two of them splitting up. Not a happy ending for Max at all...
Okay, valid points...but to be fair, it could have been worse.
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

lightwolf21 wrote:Okay, valid points...but to be fair, it could have been worse.
You have no idea.
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:
lightwolf21 wrote:Okay, valid points...but to be fair, it could have been worse.
You have no idea.
I could have gone in a completely different direction, I could have had them actually fight...but instead I went the peaceful way. It could have been A LOT worse than I wrote it. I can branch that part of the story three ways in my head right now at this very moment. However, that would take way too much time. Be happy that this story didntend on a "sadder" note. ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

ctcmjh wrote:
Sleet wrote:That's why I don't like when Max gets involved in Grapenut fanfiction. It makes me sad to see him hurt.
But I don't like it when he's ignored in Grapenut fanfiction. Grapenut fanfics basically ignore the fact that Max exists, because he's rarely seen on them.
not by ME, dear Sir.
Not at all...
GREAT ending, here. I could easily visualize the scene (and the expressions of Fiddler & Keys, hehe!)