• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
HousepetZ: Survivor Tails 

Post Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Hey, we're supposed to give to you gifts! You're too generous, because these arcs sound exciting (especially "UltraViral Epidemic" :o). Hope you had a good one!

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master

Nathan Kerbonaut Wrote:
Hey, we're supposed to give to you gifts! You're too generous, because these arcs sound exciting (especially "UltraViral Epidemic" :o). Hope you had a good one!

I did have a good one (we're not celebrating it 'till Saturday as my family as off work then, so I spent the day playing Outer Worlds on Xbox), thanks! As for UltraViral Epidemic...it is exciting as it's an idea I had brewing for a LONG time now ;)

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm
Profile WWW

I really cannot wait to see what you have done with it!

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:26 am
Game Master

(Yes this arc got knocked down to two chapters due to restructuring)

HousepetZ: Death Dies Harder
Chapter 2: Horde Rush

"So everything you had from that house is in those four bags? Man, you must be one heck strong dog," Terrance commented while Slayder was prepping some burgers. Earlier, after their previous chat, Terrance had ventured out into the base (with a duffel bag from one of the cots) and snuck into the kitchen area for some food. While a dropped can almost alerted a few zombies, he was able to get enough food and drinks to hold them over for how ever long they decide to stay in the barracks. Thankfully, Slayder had a small portable grill (that he had bought from a outdoors shop sometime ago) so they were able to warm up some of the food. As Slayder flipped a burger, he chuckled at Terrance's comment and nodded. "Yep," he replied, "Everything from my room is in those four bags, sans my bed and TV...I still find it odd that the fire took its time coming to where me and Tarot were but, guess I should chaulk that up to Celestial intervention, eh?" Terrance, although knowing that Celestials did exsist thanks to first-paw encounters, just chuckled before heading over to where Slayder was to see how the burgers were coming.
"My owner taught me how to make grill," Slayder said as Terrance looked at the burgers, which were now a golden brown with a smell that one could only describe as heavenly.
"Well, I don't know about you," Terrance laughed while grabbing a plate, "But this ole' dog is hungry for a burger!" Slayder laughed as well and place a patty on the burger bun. As they both ate, Slayder decided to ask how long Terrance had been a part of the K9 Unit.
"For as long as I can remember!" Terrance remarked while taking a bite out of the burger, "Used to be a simple Officer but, after the whole zombie ordeal, I got promoted to Sergeant."
"Who all works in the K9?" Slayder asked.
"Well, mostly canines, but lately we have been allowing other species to join up. Just recently, we had a feline named Max join up." Terrance replied.
"Huh," Slayder remarked while he finished his burger, "Guess that ECP thing actually worked..."
"Actually, the Equal Chance Program was shut down by Keene once the original cure was found," Terrance interjected, "Instead, Keene runs the Pets Opportunity Initiative or POI. It's a charity to help homeless pets find a loving home. Pretty basic, but it has been received better then ECP." This much was true as the POI has found homes for dozens of homeless pets, including getting some jobs as therapy pets. "Admittedly," Terrance remarked while wiping his mouth, "There are still some out there who aren't the biggest fans of Keene and his doings but, eh. Can't really please everyone." Slayder nodded while he cleaned up the grill to put back in the one bag he had, leading to Terrance to ask him what he's been doing ever since the fire. Slayder just shrugged and remarked that aside from doing odd-jobs like babysitting and yard work to get money, he's mostly been living in the woods by himself or checking into hotels if he wanted somewhere nicer to sleep. "But once I get reconnected with Tarot and such, I'm finding a nice house to move in and call my own...sans any owner as I actually like living alone now!"
"Well, if we ever get out of here, I'll personally help you look for a house." Terrance replied with a chuckle.

It was now dusk as Terrance looked out a window while Slayder finished up putting his gear away. The chaos from earlier had ended, leaving in its wake death and a sense of loneliness. Bodies of helpless soldiers and zombies strewn across the base while the occasional living zombie shambled around, looking for its next meal. Terrance instinctively knew that this was going to be tricky as a simple walk would be suicide, given Slayder's bags and their weight. What they needed was a vehicle, though they couldn't use the K9 Car as he didn't come to the base in the car but, rather, was picked up by the late Lt. Vasquez of the base. No, they needed to get a Humvee as, not only would it be better armored, but they could fit all of Slayder's gear inside. There was only one slight issue and that was how would they get a Humvee from the garage to where they are without alerting any zombies?
"You're not turning dead on me over there, are you?" Terrance jumped a bit from Slayder's interruption then replied "Nah, just trying to figure out a way we can get out of here safely. I'm thinking our best bet is that Humvee over there but I have no idea how we can bring it over here with out alerting any zombies..."
"I MIGHT have a way...but I'd need to head out and do it myself..." Slayder said, leading to Terrance to look back and ask what he meant. "Well, my owner taught me this: If I can sneak over there, I can put the Humvee into gear and push the vehicle over to us. Then, once it's loaded, you can steer the Humvee and I can continue pushing it to the gate and, once outside and down the road a good bit away from this base? I hop in, you start the engine and BOOM! We're out scott-free!" It was a tricky plan, that much was certain, but it was the only choice they had. Terrance, after thinking it over, looked at Slayder and told him "If you think you can pull this off...then lets do it."

As the moon was beginning to rise, Slayder was standing at the doorway of the barracks as Terrance, after pointing him in the direction of the vehicle, handed him his sidearm as a just in case. Though flattered, Slayder told him to keep it as he'll grab something off any fallen solider. Terrance, although hesitant, just nodded and told him "Good luck" before shutting the door quietly, leaving only Slayder outside.
"Showtime," Slayder thought as he moved out onto the base and began sneaking his way over to the Humvee in question, passing by bodies of those now considered by mother nature to be dead. He did stop at one body to loot a M4A1 and some magazines as a 'just in case' before continuing on, only briefly stopping as he thought he saw a body twitch, but was relived to see it was just a bird flying off. Though it took a bit as he had to wait for one zombie to leave an area, he finally reached the Humvee Terrance pointed him to. Checking it over and making sure the tank was full along with grabbing the keys off another corpse, he quietly opened the door and, as per his owner's instructions, turned the key slightly then placed the vehicle into gear. As soon as he was able to confirm it could move, he began to slowly, but surely, push the vehicle towards the barracks, making sure not to attract any unwanted attention. Though he did squish one fallen zombie's head, it was thankfully not loud enough to attract any other zombies. In no time at all, both Slayder and the Humvee was back at the barracks. Putting the vehicle in park, Slayder snuck over and quietly knocked on the door. Terrance opened it and was impressed that he brought it over with zero attention.
"You can thank me once we are outside. Now, come on...help me get my bags on board," Slayder whispered. Terrance nodded and did just that before hoping into the drivers seat and putting the vehicle back into drive. "You ready?" Terrance asked and Slayder nodded and began pushing the vehicle towards the gate. As he pushed, Terrance thought to himself that this was oddly going too easy, something Slayder then brought up as he whispered "Not trying to jinx us, but I'm legit surprised we didn't get hit yet," to which Terrance nodded and quietly added that maybe zombies actually sleep at night. As they were a few feet away from the gate, it seemed that Slayder's plan was going to actually work. However, like all good plans, it wasn't meant to be. For as they reached the open gate itself, there was a sudden loud bang that came from behind them, making both Terrance and Slayder freeze and look at each other.
"Please tell me that was a fart," Terrance asked and Slayder shook his head before looking behind him and remarking "Worse: Someone shot a flare towards us." Indeed, someone did shoot a flare and that someone was dressed in a familiar looking robe and holding both a flare gun and a phone, the later of which the person spoke into and said "Two survivors are trying to escape...they'll be dead in a few seconds," before high-tailing it out of the area as, coming like a tsunami, a massive horde of zombies came rushing in.
"Holy CRAP!" Slayder shouted as Terrance turned the engine on and also shouted for Slayder to get in, which he did and Terrance floored it just as the horde reached their bumper. Crashing through what remained of the open gate, the duo rocketed down the road as the zombies continued their chase. "There's no way we're heading back to Babylon Gardens!" Terrance said as he drove, Slayder nodding and, after a bit of thinking, said "There might be a place we can stop at...I remember doing work for a guy and, I dunno, there was something about him that seemed trustworthy enough...he even said I can come back to him when I feel the need too...dude looked like a bird to be honest..."
"Well, right now, that's our best shot!" Terrance quickly interrupted, "Where does this guy live?"
"In a house about thirty minutes from Pavillion," Slayder said, "But lets try to lose these guys first BEFORE we head there, 'k?" Terrance nodded and continued to lay on the gas, trying to find anyway to shake the zombies chasing them. In his head, he was trying to figure out why these zombies were running as fast they were. Thankfully, after a few more minutes, the horde began to dissipate and back off from the chase, leaving only Terrance and Slayder alone again.
"I thought zombies couldn't run like that," Slayder remarked and Terrance replied "They don't," before looking back and remarking himself "Those weren't like any zombie I ever seen..." The rest of the ride was silent as both were trying to figure out why these zombies were the way they were, with Terrance wondering if there is a new virus and Slayder wondering if Tarot would be safe...

"Over there," Slayder pointed towards a nearby house. It was about two hours later when they arrived at the home Slayder said about. Pulling into the driveway, both Terrance and Slayder hopped out of the vehicle, Terrance looking over the house while Slayder grabbed his gear. Knocking on the door, Terrance then leaned over and was about to ask Slayder what the person name was when the door opened and Terrance's face soon went to confusion. Standing at the doorway was the owner of the house and, much to Terrance's surprise, it wasn't a human or pet. But, to his confusion, the owner looked exactly like someone he saw years ago. A feathered being that once threatened their entire existence.
"You OK?" Slayder asked as he looked over at Terrance, "You look like you seen a ghost." Terrance looked back at Slayder before looking at the owner and saying out loud, by accident, "I seen this guy before...but he was dead..." The bird in question, surprisingly, just chuckled and motioned them both to come in before closing the door and, in a voice even deeper then Slayder, said "So you're the fellow that Spirit Dragon mentioned. Pleasure to finally meet a survivor of my son's ilk."
"Your...son?" Terrance asked, tilting his head to the side. The bird bowed his head solemnly and nodded before looking up and saying "I am the Celestial known as Thunderbird...and I was the father of the Fallen Celestial you called Pete The Gryphon."

Next Time...HousepetZ: Something Wicked This Way Comes

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

Really nice job on this chapter! It definitely came out awesome!

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:37 am

That was an awesome chapter, Slayter looks like he’ll be a good ally. Cool to know Maxwell is now a cop, and now we’re meeting the father of Pete. Hopefully, he isn’t like his son.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 am
Game Master

trekkie Wrote:
That was an awesome chapter, Slayter looks like he’ll be a good ally. Cool to know Maxwell is now a cop, and now we’re meeting the father of Pete. Hopefully, he isn’t like his son.

Well, the next arc (Only one chapter in length) is all about Thunderbird and Pete and will shed light on past events, along with current and future events. But I can say he is the total opposite of Pete.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:06 am
Profile WWW

Pete's father?! :o Slayter has important connections, and some serious survival skills. I'm eager to read more!

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 pm
Profile WWW

Father-Son rivalries. Never good.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:16 pm
Game Master

HousepetZ: Something Wicked This Way Comes

"Father?" Terrance was surprised, to say the least. He had known that Pete had a sister, Spirit Dragon, but he had no idea about him having the father. The first thing that did ran through his head was a fear that this Thunderbird was similar to Pete, hence why the later was the way he was. However, he was surprised to see that Thunderbird was the complete opposite of his late son in every way, shape, and form. The only aspect they shared was that they were both gryphons, although Thunderbird's wings were more black then Pete's wings. But the biggest difference that was immediately noticeable was that, in stark contrast to Pete, Thunderbird was more peaceful and soft-spoken, though Terrance could tell that he could go all Darth Vader with his voice if he needed to. His frame of mind was soon broken as Thunderbird invited both him and Slayder to take a seat in the living room so he could explain everything.
"I had no clue you were a Celestial, T-Bird," Slayder remarked using Thunderbird's nickname, to which he chuckled and said "Well, I will admit it was a bit tricky keeping it secret from you...but I think I did pretty well," and Slayder nodded and agreed with him. Terrance, meanwhile, interjected and, after a quick apology, asked if Pete was always like this.
"Not always," Thunderbird solemnly replied as he took a seat on a nearby chair, "See, when he was a young bird, he was as kind and generous like you wouldn't believe. He always looked out for others and was always the friendliest Celestial out there. When he first got the chance to come here to Dimension Prime...er Earth...he told me that 'it's amazing how far mankind had come since the beginning' and that 'he loved interacting with the pets and other critters of the world'." Thunderbird then looked over at a nearby picture on a shelf before saying "But that all changed when his sister got something he wanted..."
"His sister being Spirit Dragon, right?" Terrance asked. Thunderbird nodded, "It was odd at first. One day he was all happy and helping out where ever he can...the next day? He wanted nothing to do with anyone and just stayed in his room. At first, I thought something happened on Earth, but there was nothing major that happened where he was. I talked with any Celestial that had contact with him that day and neither of them knew what happened. So, I chatted with Dragon and she told me that both her and him went and entered a local bard and grill. Before they even entered, they pasted by two mortals yelling at the ones dog, even smacking it for some reason. Pete was angry as he hated seeing that so he marched over and started berating them, which then devolved into a shouting match. Dragon was able to calm him down and they both headed in...until..." Thunderbird cupped his mouth with his paw as a tear came out of his eye.
"What happened?" Slayder asked and Thunderbird looked up and, with a deep sigh, wiped away the tear and said "...before they left, Pete headed to the bathroom to wash his hand. Before he opened the door, he overheard two of the patrons in there talking and, at first, he thought they were just being mortals...until he heard some whimpering then...then nothing...next thing, he flung the door open to see the two people inside...along with a dead animal that Pete recognized...it was then when Pete just snapped as he realized that they were the same two that were yelling at the now dead animal. Next thing anyone knew, Pete...slaughtered them. The one tried to beg for forgiveness but Pete said that quote "Filth and trash like you do not deserve forgiveness OR happiness of any kind!"...Dragon managed to get him out and back up to Heaven before the police arrived...they said that the two were barely even recognizable, only being ID'd thanks to their wallets..."
"What happened to Pete?" Terrance asked, his mind having trouble comprehending this whole incident. Thunderbird, after wiping away a few more tears, explained that Pete was put on trial and was told he was no longer allowed down on Earth and, as per his punishment, would be required to have counseling from the Great Kitsune..."Which was a pretty bad idea as...well, you saw right, Terrance?" Terrance nodded. Slayder, meanwhile, just couldn't believe what he had heard as he said, "So, let me get this straight: Both you and this Pete are Celestials. Pete was once a happy-go-lucky kid before slaughtering two folks for killing an animal...I hate to be rude, but maybe the world is better off with him dead."
"Slayder!" Terrance chided him but Thunderbird replied "No, he's right. The world and the universe is better off without him. Of course, I miss him but what's done is done...he chose the path he wanted to take and it got him wiped from the universe."
"Didn't you try to talk to him after his punishment?" Terrance asked.
"I couldn't," Thunderbird replied as he leaned back on his chair, "Some reason, he just blocked me out of his life and wanted nothing more to do with me. " The room was then silent for a bit before Terrance suddenly remembered something. Reaching into his vest, he pulled out his phone and, after searching through some files, he found what he wanted. "Bit of a subject changer, but do you happen to recognize this?" Terrance asked as he handed his phone to Thunderbird. Taking the phone, Thunderbird looked at the picture for a bit before replying "Yes, this is one of Pete's coins from his temple. He had during that whole U&U thing. Why?" Terrance replied "Well, a cult we've been dealing with, the Opener Cult, has been seen with these coins and a few eyewitnesses have said that they saw them used to turn people into a new breed of zombie, as shown from the Barker Resident incident. However, I'm not sure if they are related to the ones that attacked both me and Slayder here at the base." Thunderbird was quiet for a bit before replying, "I knew that Pete placed a curse on them but I altered it so it would only change humans who are not pure of heart into an animal that best suited them..."
"Pure of heart? Seriously?" Slayder said with a slight chuckle, something that even Thunderbird admitted was a bit cliched of himself to do. "But I don't know if he did do anything else to them that would turn humans into zombies...sorry." Terrance nodded as he took his phone back and placed it back in his vest and said, "Back to square one, again." Slayder responded by telling him that he shouldn't get discourage at the set-back and Thunderbird agreed with him. "Who knows?" Thunderbird added as he stood up, "Maybe Pete did put an extra curse on there, I truthfully don't really know. But, like Slayder said, don't get discourage. When one door closes, another will always open." His mood then lightened a bit as he asked, "Say, NASCAR is coming on in a bit...you guys want to hang out here and watch it with me? I got plenty of snacks and drinks." It had been a long day and NASCAR and junk food sounded great, so they both stayed with Thunderbird to watch the race and, all in fun, argue who was the better racer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EPILOGUE:

Madrokea Resort. What should've been a place filled with the chatter and laughter of resort goers, was instead filled with the screams of innocents and growls of the undead. This once peaceful and world-renown resort was now under siege by zombies. Many resort goers attempted to flee or fight back, but both cases was a lost cause at times as, for every ten that made it out, a hundred fell victim to the undead in someway. However, in the lobby of one of the more expensive hotels, a large bodies laid motionless, each one missing parts of their rotting bodies, while more bodies soon dropped to the ground. As the last one fell, the causer of this mass grave stood there, holding a paddle that they had fashioned two chainsaws on both ends, panting and covered in zombie remains. What should've been a peaceful vacation for this wolf was now a fight for survival as he looked towards the exit and saw more zombies approaching the lobby. With a grin and a flick of his cloak, Poncho readied himself and growled "You zombies ruined my vacation," before revving the paddle saw and roaring, "Now I'm going to send you back to the Underworld!!"

Next time...HousepetZ: Rock 'Till You Drop Dead

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

This is actually a very gripping chapter! Wonderful job! I'm glad we got to learn more about Pete!

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:31 am

Enlightening chapter. I guess an experience like that would change anyone. Shame he ended up as a jerk :/

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 am
Profile WWW

Great chapter! Good to get a back story on Pete, and its a shame that Pete let that horrible situation change him into a jerk. Neat that T-bird, Terrance, and end up watching NASCAR. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22