• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
A Curious Coin Conundrum 
Smiley McSmiles

Post Re: A Curious Coin Conundrum
Your friend did a really good job emulating the Housepets! style. It looks nice! Glad to get a good look at the two :D

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:22 am

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
Awwwww. Lockely lost his clothes? Oh well. Is that coin around his neck the one that changed them?

Oh! No, that's the custom tag Nicole made for him, it's supposed to look like a compass (so he can find his way). In terms of clothes, I followed the same thing that happened with Steward and Thomas. Lockely kept his scarf, but it's not depicted here so we can see the collar/tag.

Obbl Wrote:
Your friend did a really good job emulating the Housepets! style. It looks nice! Glad to get a good look at the two :D

I'm glad you like it! I was shocked at how well he managed to style mimic the comic, but he's got really strong art skills. I'm happy to finally see them outside my mind's eye as well.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:01 am
Profile WWW

Handsome work. Your chum's got the knack - great, energetic depiction.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 am

So the other pictures of him in clothes on your FA profile aren't meant to be a part of this story?

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
So the other pictures of him in clothes on your FA profile aren't meant to be a part of this story?

Not for this story, no, gonna follow the rules and customs of this universe.

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:15 pm
Profile WWW

Wow jeez, it's been a hot minute since my last entry. Apologies, work and life have been exceptionally busy, and combined with a rather annoying case of writer's block in the moments I've had to work on this, it's been a task. Regardless, though I powered through it and I present to you all part 5. Enjoy!

“Okay, so you head one way down the street, and I’ll head the other, then we meet up back here and discuss our findings.” Jack passed a small spiral bound notebook and a clicky mechanical pencil over to Lockely. “Write down who you talk to and what they know and hopefully we can finally get a lead on this.” He glanced towards the forest, “Have you heard anything from that mysterious other fox you ran into?”

Lockely flipped open the notebook and shook his head, “No, not a thing, it’s weird. I’m pretty sure they’re keyed into what happened but… well, they vanished.”

Jack scratched under his chin and made a note in the book, before fixing his gaze back towards the forest. “Do you think they’re responsible for the coin?”

The fox shifted his weight from one paw to another and shook his head, “No, weirdly enough, but I do get the feeling they have to be connected.” His tail swished impatiently, “But we’re not gonna find out more unless we ask around. Let’s see what we can find.”

They both nodded to each other and split off in separate directions. Jack was going to canvas the outer edges of the neighborhood and Lockely was going right into the heart of it. It was a long shot, but long shots were basically all they had to work with.

Several hours later.

A flustered fox rubbed his temple as he approached a pair of near identical looking Siamese cats. His notebook page mostly contained names and scribbled doodles rather than any real information. He gave them a three fingered wave and an exhausted, but warm, smile and recited his prepared intro: “Hey there, name’s Lockely, I’m a bit new to the neighborhood but I wanted to meet some folks and, well, ask if you all have seen anything… gosh this is going to sound dumb… but anything weird around here?”

Both cats glanced at each other, smiled, and then back at him. The one on the left spoke first. “Weird? In Babylon Gardens? You really must be new.” The one on the right then replied, “Well allow us to welcome you, I’m Mr. Bigglesworth.”

Lockely had gotten answers similar to this all day. Weird was the normal here, but like, not magic weird, at least not usually? He was getting a lot of conflicting info. He made a note of the first one’s name, then replied, “Nice to meet you, Mr. Bigglesworth.”

“You as well, and this is my housemate, Mr. Bigglesworth.” The one on the right motioned to the one on the left.

“Wait… Hold up, I thought you were Mr. Bigglesworth.” Lockely raised a brow and glanced off as if he was trying to side-eye the camera in a mockumentary.

Mr. Bigglesworth replied, “I am.”

The fox tilted his head to the side. “But… you said they’re Mr. Bigglesworth.”

Mr. Bigglesworth, the other one, replied, “Yes. I am.”

“I… okay. Right. Hm.” Lockely was acutely aware of his tongue as he chewed on a bit of his own cheek. There was a moment of silence between the three. And then another. “Right. Well, good to meet you, Misters Bigglesworth. I had one more question, to expand upon what I asked earlier…”

Both of them replied at the same time, like the creepy twin children from that one movie whose title escapes the author at this moment and time, “Shoot.”

“What about…” He hesitated for a moment, “Magic? Like magic golden coins, have you heard anything about anything like that? Any rumors or stories or drunk guy ramblings?”

The two cats shared a glance at each other, then back to him, then back to each other. Lockely looked on with bated breath. Mr.(s) Bigglesworth rolled their eyes, then laughed. The one on the left spoke first, “I bet that other weird fox put him up to this?”

“You mean Karishard?” replied the one on the right.

“Wait, who’s Karishard?” asked Lockely.

The two cats looked at each other for a split-second and then laughed, turning their backs on him and walking away down the street.

“Now we know he’s pulling our tail,” said the one on the left.

“Why are foxes so weird?” asked the one on the right.

Lockely dejectedly sighed as they walked away. “Are… are you serious?” He called out to them. They kept on, not giving him another thought.

His ears perked to the soft padding of footsteps behind him, stopping instead of walking past him on the sidewalk. He huffed and turned, addressing the only person it could obviously be. “Jack, I hope you’re having better luc--” It wasn’t Jack. Heck, it wasn’t even someone he knew, but it was someone he knew... of. He took in the glare of his own reflection from a pair of dark, oversized wraparound sunglasses worn by a ferret.

“Mr. Milton. Sorry, am I in your way?” The fox casually stepped to the side into the grass to allow Keene free passage. It felt like his very soul was being examined by this pint sized polecat.

Keene pulled his glasses down just enough to peer over the frame, “Magical golden coins, huh? I think we need to have a talk.”

Last edited by Lockely on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:18 am
Profile WWW

I wonder if Keene had been following Lockely all day in the shadows because he had gotten a feeling he was another transformed human? Either way, this chapter came out awesome! Hope to read more from you!

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:38 am

Amazee Dayzee Wrote:
I wonder if Keene had been following Lockely all day in the shadows because he had gotten a feeling he was another transformed human? Either way, this chapter came out awesome! Hope to read more from you!

If he's been asking around the neighborhood all day, then word likely would have gotten back to Keene. Especially since this story takes place right after the temple fell.

Another good part. I was getting nervous that you'd dropped the story. Keep it up!

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:38 pm

You weren't the only one! I look forward to reading more of this.

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:17 pm

I appreciate your patience, thank you! I don't plan to abandon this story until it's come to a conclusion, so don't you worry. I just haven't had time that I did during the earlier chapters to actually write.

I'm very happy you all seem to enjoy it and missed it. Thank you!

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2