DnD 3.5 interest

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zack_the_husky

DnD 3.5 interest

Post by Zack_the_husky »

So, would anyone on here be interested in doing a DnD 3.5 campaign, with me as the DM...?
Dissension

Re: DnD 3.5 interest

Post by Dissension »

You'd probably get a better reception in the Roleplaying forum, where I have seen a few D&D threads over the years. Good luck!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Depending on the amount of time it would take, yeah! I've read the entire player's handbook even.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Already tried an Interest thread in the Roleplaying area. Didn't work as well as you'd think...

Edit: @Sleet: Alright, then. I'll try finishing up the map for the world, soon, and, then I'll link to the OOC thread in my first post on here.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's possible because I don't go there.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Yeah. So, anyway, the campaign's going to be featuring stuff like Dragons, Drows, and Djinn stuff.
thoughtwright

Post by thoughtwright »

YES maybe depending on how involved it becomes.

And I've never actually played online (web, IRC, or otherwise), the nagging question is How do you do minis, or at least the battle rules?
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Meh, well...In my last DnD game, where Ctc was the DM, I guess the battle rules were maybe somewhat similar to regular?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Actually, it is pretty easy to play by posts. In fact, it is easier to describe stuff in a post then in real life. As for the battle grid and minis, it is not hard either. You can simply make a picture, or use some excel grinds instead.

Here is some examples:

A battle map from one of the D&D game I am in!

This is an example post of battle (4e)!

[example]
Bebop raises his songblade up with jubilance and it hums slightly in response to the lightning filling the chamber. The gnome's eyes sparkle as he levels the blade once more at the gelatinous blob. "Our passage here is overdue! You shall soon be naught but goo!"

Actions:
Standard- once again with the old Vicious Mockery, 17 vs Will for 12 damage and the cube takes -2 to attacks until the end of my next turn.
[/example]

After that, the DM reduces the HP of the Gelatinous Cube and make a note that the cube has -2 penalty to attack rolls, if Bebop's attack hits.

For some 3.5e examples, just go here.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

This is dead, closing it now.