This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 56  Next
Pet Friendly-Old OOC 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Keeshah wrote:
But you are losing the game... O'connor is getting pelted all over with snowballs in the Xmas storyline!..

Which is dead, unfortunately.

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3839
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Alex wrote:
The voice got quieter with the word "love", and his eyes dropped. His face was getting redder and redder.
"Love....? But... you don't even know what love is!"
Although her voice was still loud, his mom calmed down a bit after hearing his words. It wasn't an unknown feeling for her, after all. She petted Alex on the head.
"We should get home now and have you fixed.


Ooops no kittens for you!

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Keeshah wrote:
Ooops no kittens for you!

They're not order, after all.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Alex and Dylan wrote:
Alex and Amelia's love story

Wait, I know what happens next! Amelia takes this potion that puts her to sleep, and Alex goes to find her, thinks she's been put down, and kills himself, and then Amelia wakes up, sees dead Alex, and kills herself, and then the two families make up and become good firneds!

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Teh Brawler wrote:
Alex and Dylan wrote:
Alex and Amelia's love story

Wait, I know what happens next! Amelia takes this potion that puts her to sleep, and Alex goes to find her, thinks she's been put down, and kills himself, and then Amelia wakes up, sees dead Alex, and kills herself, and then the two families make up and become good firneds!

ewwwwwwwwww what there's a LOVE story?

...firneds?

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:42 am
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Ebly wrote:
ewwwwwwwwww what there's a LOVE story?

...firneds?



Yeah...there is...On a unrelated note, why do you even come here? Your not even in this RP.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Dylan wrote:
Ebly wrote:
ewwwwwwwwww what there's a LOVE story?

...firneds?



Yeah...there is...On a unrelated note, why do you even come here? Your not even in this RP.

Sometimes there are things I actually have to comment on, and besides that, I hate the red, but I click to get rid of it instead of just going 'mark as read'. :'D

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 am
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Ebly wrote:
Dylan wrote:
Ebly wrote:
ewwwwwwwwww what there's a LOVE story?

...firneds?



Yeah...there is...On a unrelated note, why do you even come here? Your not even in this RP.

Sometimes there are things I actually have to comment on, and besides that, I hate the red, but I click to get rid of it instead of just going 'mark as read'. :'D


You hate red? Are you a bull or something?

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Dylan wrote:
You hate red? Are you a bull or something?

Do you realise how much that kind of question sounds like something Tails would ask?
You just need a programming tie-in and...

Anyway. I come here because sometimes I do in fact have an on-topic response to post. Kind of a just in case measure, and also because it's become a bit of a force of habit.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:56 am
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Ebly wrote:
Dylan wrote:
You hate red? Are you a bull or something?

Do you realise how much that kind of question sounds like something Tails would ask?
You just need a programming tie-in and...

Anyway. I come here because sometimes I do in fact have an on-topic response to post. Kind of a just in case measure, and also because it's become a bit of a force of habit.


Fair enough then, So what are your thoughts now?

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Dylan wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Dylan wrote:
You hate red? Are you a bull or something?

Do you realise how much that kind of question sounds like something Tails would ask?
You just need a programming tie-in and...

Anyway. I come here because sometimes I do in fact have an on-topic response to post. Kind of a just in case measure, and also because it's become a bit of a force of habit.


Fair enough then, So what are your thoughts now?

there are so many things i'd like to say to this but i'd get in trouble for most of them

but at the very least i can say that i giggled

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:03 am
Profile
Box Fox
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:31 am
Posts: 2275
Location: Austin, Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Ebly wrote:
there are so many things i'd like to say to this but i'd get in trouble for most of them

but at the very least i can say that i giggled


aw man, I would really want to hear them.

_________________
Image
Make Pasta not war.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Dylan wrote:
Ebly wrote:
there are so many things i'd like to say to this but i'd get in trouble for most of them

but at the very least i can say that i giggled


aw man, I would really want to hear them.

youstillsoundliketailsandit'smakingmelaughatthispoint

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Oh ****it guys. I'm so dumb! I just can't believe I actually wrote "fixed" in there.... but you DO know what I actually meant. Get him healthy! Not fixed like.... fixed! You know! flower power stop staring at me!

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3839
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Alex wrote:
Oh dam*it guys. I'm so dumb! I just can't believe I actually wrote "fixed" in there.... but you DO know what I actually meant. Get him healthy! Not fixed like.... fixed! You know! flower power stop staring at me!


**stares at Alex**
But his Mom caught him with a female, I think she does mean fixed as in fixed!

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Actually, yeah, I read that and I was like, "Woah, isn't that a little...er, drastic?" I thought you meant fixed as in fixed, to copy Keeshah over here. ;D

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:55 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Here, going there.
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Buckdida wrote:

@ Justice: MiniDragon? No mythical creatures, please, because magic opens up a whole can of worms that I'd think we'd rather avoid... The mountain goat is hooved, so it wouldn't be bi-pedal. Reptiles are also non-bipedal. The other two are fine, though.



yeah yeah, I already said the MiniDragon was just to test an extreme, not something I actually planed... it doesn't make sense anyways, I'd have to come up with an overly complex back-story for a how he came to be in the first place, and was a pet no less... and... just really too much backlogging for a character I prefer to develop as I go, not entirely before I start... it actually had nothing to do with magic though... more to do with science and bio engineering.

I know Rick hasn't portrayed deers as being Bipedal, but nothing is stopping other hoofed animals from either being Bipedal, or working as a pet, especially for the intents and purposed I had planned for that particular line of character... and if I wanted to make it bipedal, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to make a hoof-hand variant. Reptiles and Lizards of all sorts have been repeatedly and successfully portrayed as being Bipedal... may I point you to the very common GEICO commercials? or a great deal of video games that feature a variety of animals as their characters? or... the list goes on friend :P... what, exactly, made you say that they weren't?
__________

@ Keeshash: I'm going to ignore that, but only this once... largely due to the fact that this is based roughly around Ricks comic, in which ferret ownership does most certainly not seem condoned.

_________________
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]


Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:01 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Justice193 wrote:
I know Rick hasn't portrayed deers as being Bipedal, but nothing is stopping other hoofed animals from either being Bipedal, or working as a pet, especially for the intents and purposed I had planned for that particular line of character... and if I wanted to make it bipedal, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to make a hoof-hand variant. Reptiles and Lizards of all sorts have been repeatedly and successfully portrayed as being Bipedal... may I point you to the very common GEICO commercials? or a great deal of video games that feature a variety of animals as their characters? or... the list goes on friend :P... what, exactly, made you say that they weren't?

This roleplay is based on the Housepets reality. i.e., the way things are in the comic. Rick has stated that hoofed mammals are quadrupedal, as is in reality. I'm not sure if he has commented on non-mammals, but I think he has. Check the info topic.

That, exactly, is what made him say they aren't.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Keeshah wrote:
**stares at Alex**
But his Mom caught him with a female, I think she does mean fixed as in fixed!

caelei wrote:
Actually, yeah, I read that and I was like, "Woah, isn't that a little...er, drastic?" I thought you meant fixed as in fixed, to copy Keeshah over here. ;D

No no, it's just that my English is horrible, it's not my native language or anything! I learned it by watching Cartoon Network, what do you expect? I can't talk like Shakespeare!

TL;DR - Alex isn't getting fixed/neutered!
STOP STARING AT ME!

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:13 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3839
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Alex wrote:
Keeshah wrote:
**stares at Alex**
But his Mom caught him with a female, I think she does mean fixed as in fixed!

caelei wrote:
Actually, yeah, I read that and I was like, "Woah, isn't that a little...er, drastic?" I thought you meant fixed as in fixed, to copy Keeshah over here. ;D

No no, it's just that my English is horrible, it's not my native language or anything! I learned it by watching Cartoon Network, what do you expect? I can't talk like Shakespeare!

TL;DR - Alex isn't getting fixed/neutered!
STOP STARING AT ME!


Leers at Alex.. O.O


actually you just lost your up, lets get you fixed-up.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Juicy Wolf-Cat
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:59 am
Posts: 2350
Location: Richardson Valley
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Okay, okay. I'm confused. Where is everyone right now? I need to figure out where Venison is going to roam to, and everyone's locations are muddled. The idea is that he's going to look for the gym, and if he sees anyone on the way...you get it, right?

_________________
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack


Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 am
Posts: 490
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Pretty much everyone is at or near the park. Pavelle, Tory, Magnus, O'Connor, and Lucky are near the Wall

_________________
Image
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Image


Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:27 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Quote:
No no, it's just that my English is horrible, it's not my native language or anything! I learned it by watching Cartoon Network, what do you expect? I can't talk like Shakespeare!


Woah... you learned English from Cartoon Network? That's so cool; I couldn't even tell, before you said. Bravo. Very cool.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
caelei wrote:
Woah... you learned English from Cartoon Network? That's so cool; I couldn't even tell, before you said. Bravo. Very cool.

Thanks lol. I watched CN for hours when I was four... now I'm seventeen, and my English got much better by playing games, internet and even school. But until recently I didn't know that fixed can mean.... yeah.....

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3839
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Buckdida wrote:
Okay, okay. I'm confused. Where is everyone right now? I need to figure out where Venison is going to roam to, and everyone's locations are muddled. The idea is that he's going to look for the gym, and if he sees anyone on the way...you get it, right?


Well lets see Rav is at Venison's side, She.. err he in nearly in tears because of his teasing about her.. His pink scarf!!

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5133
Images: 2
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
You do freakin' too know someone named "Minty", Keeshah! :lol: Or do I need to explain the whole nickname deal again?

_________________
DOH HO HO WELL THEN


Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3839
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Teh Brawler wrote:
You do freakin' too know someone named "Minty", Keeshah! :lol: Or do I need to explain the whole nickname deal again?


Rav is the one who is not connecting minty with O'Connor..

P.S. you just lost the game!~.~

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:39 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Independence, MO
Post Henry Page
I know it's a little late in the game, but I think I'll join anyways:

Name: Henry Page

Gender: Male

Species: Dog

Age: 50 (Dog years)

Gang: Democratic Party of the United States

Appearance: Henry Page has snow-white fur all over his body. He is made fun of by Dalmatians, but is actually a Labrador. He appears more human than other canines.

Backstory: Henry has had a tough life. He was abused by his owners, and then ran away. To sum it up, he lived in a trailer-trash neighborhood full of rednecks in Georgia. His owners liked to taunt how he was a canine and couldn't amount to anything. After a heated argument, he shouted, "I'll show you myself," and ran off, trying to avoid bullets (they gave up eventually).
After that, he tried everything he could to distance himself from that family as much as possible. They were very religious and racist. He hated them, and will seldom bring them up. As a consequence of their conservative views, he became liberal.
After running away, Henry was picked up by the ASPCA, where they cleaned him up and fed him. However, this was not enough. After his distrust of the previous owners, he did not want to deal with living with another. Henry thought that he could live on his own, but the ASPCA thought it would be better if somebody else took care of him. This led to another heated discussion, and after months (weeks in human time) of chasing lawyers, a loophole was found that would let him live on his own. In the Supreme Court case Henry v. Georgia, they decided that, because he was human-like and because no specifications were set based on species, Henry could become a citizen.
He later moved from the Georgia to Minnesota, after the federal government granted a loan for a house (at 3% interest). He then got a job at the ASPCA center at Minneapolis/St. Paul, but was not allowed to talk about politics there. Some people (conservatives for the most part) were angry that a dog wouldn't accept inferiority, and the government supported him.
Later, he decided to share his political views on the Internet after work. Some of them were normal, some were quite radical. With that he gained media attention. This is where the controversy came in.
He later gained a job as a radio host of KTNF. After becoming an icon, he received death threats from his previous owners, among other right-wing extremists. His response: the purchase of a brand-new pistol, and lessons for the safe operations thereof. Also, on his program he repeatedly bashes welfare, claiming that some of the people receiving it "deserve to starve," a clear response to his parent's mistreatment. These are two positions he disagrees with other liberals on. On education, he says, "The system here in Minnesota is clearly working. We need to send a clear message to other states that funding the foundation of our economy is a top priority." Minnesota (with credit to the DFL) became the first state to amend the constitution on regards of people like Henry, stating "Section I: All animals may become citizens of Minnesota, and thus be subject to the its laws, upon request. Section II: All punishment for a criminal act must be time-adjusted for the life expectancy based on the species of the individuals involved." (Little-known fact: Minnesota has the second-highest life expectancy in the country. Just thought I'd throw that in there.) This would later be challenged and upheld by the Minnesota and United States Supreme Courts.
After operating on the radio, he tried his luck operating a business. He bought the IPO of Tesla Motors with the money he made on the radio. He also operated Progressive Brands, a retail store. Recently he's been challenging conservative talk show hosts, some of which were challenging the store's policies on product placement. "Do you believe in the free market, or does that only apply to conservative businesses? How is that the free market, Glenn? Are you against Google?" Other interviews were just for humor or because Henry was mad and wanted to blow off steam.
Later Henry decides to get away from it all and move to <insert location of this roleplay here>, due to its pet-friendly and progressive atmosphere. Despite this, he still gets mixed reactions. Also, since leaving Minnesota, he has legal issues to deal with. There is also a life-extension drug that he is volunteering to try out. "If this is successful, I promise that I'll donate this to people who need it." He's also made substantial donations on behalf of education (not nearly as much as Bill Gates, but still substantial nonetheless). Whether he will be able to stay in his own house remains to be seen. Minnesota also hired a social worker that visited him periodically, something he will have to pay for in his new neighborhood (not that it's a problem).
Henry wants to make a run for congress, but is under substantial pressure due to the legality of the issue. He was registered DFL in Minnesota, and registered Democrat in this new location. He will be able to keep his citizenship and voting rights based on Henry v. Georgia, but there was no decision on whether he could run for congress. He misses his home in Minnesota.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Strength: 7 (girlfriend is stronger)
Perception: 7 (10 during a debate)
Endurance: 6.5 (1 after his girlfriend dies, which I'll explain later, 10 during a debate.
Charisma: Depends on the day
Intelligence: 10 (he taught himself)
Agility: 5
Luck: 2.5 (always some crazed goon coming after him)

Religion: Atheist before girlfriend's death, Episcopal Church of the United States after.

Author's note: You're probably wondering if the story of child abuse in Georgia applies to me. It does not. My parents have always loved me, and some of my best memories are in Savannah. I have also never lived in Minnesota, but go on a week-long trip there yearly to visit family (the only exception being 2nd grade). If I could move anywhere, it would be there. I will also add more information on this character later on.

Henry's girlfriend is Ginger, I'll add her later on. Both Henry and Ginger are based on dogs I had years ago.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:48 am, edited 6 times in total.



Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:37 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Independence, MO
Post My pets IRL
I know it's wrong to double-post, but if I hadn't I wouldn't be able to get this in because of the 60,000 character limit. Ginger was a Beagle mix that my parents got as a wedding gift. Henry, a Manchester mix, became her play pal. They both loved each other, even though they were both sterilized. After Ginger died, Henry became depressed. It seemed like there was nothing for him to do. Later we got Sally, a Chihuahua mix. She did little to help, but it was amusing when Henry stole her toys. After Henry died in 2003 (I'll have to get back to you on Ginger), I was very sad. It was actually one of the most devastating death of my life so far. Sally is still alive and well, and was also sterilized by another owner after having puppies (both of which were larger than she was). Shortly after we got her, she was hit by a car, and we decided to pay to keep her alive. It was one of the saddest of memories, and she was very lucky to have survived.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
I'm not Buck to know, but I'm apprehensive about how he'd take the 'debate' thing. Good luck getting it past the Bucktest. :V

I'm interested on the whole legal thing you got going on there. It's making a lot of assumptions but they seem pretty reasonable.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:05 am
Profile
Juicy Wolf-Cat
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:59 am
Posts: 2350
Location: Richardson Valley
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
I can't believe I read all of that.

First off, just to add a silly nitpick: You've got 6,000 characters, not 60,000. (I threw it into Word and used the word count tool...counts characters too.) However, the double post is fine, because you switch to an entirely different subject; much like a new chapter or page break or whatnot.

Now, the stats. The split points...I suppose that's okay. Adds more variety that way...though I'm not entirely sure on it.

The debate thing? You'll need to be more specific. On TV? Radio? Just chatting with another pet? If it's ONLY on TV and radio, sure. Otherwise, adjust your stats, because then that's quite unbalanced. And, you have 41 total points across your regular stats. You're missing one! Might I suggest balancing your split stats, and add a half point to each?

Also...you're misinterpreting the stats. Agility is more physical, movement based, not thinking based. Charisma is used for convincing others, talking, and getting people to do what you want. Perception is the ability to track your surroundings, and reading the thoughts of others. From your char description, you'd probably want high Charisma, Intelligence, and Perception.

Now...the canon. The legal stuff. Interesting. Very. Hmm...Rick said that animals legal rights depend on the state. So. I will let it stay, simply because it's interesting, and opens up many storylines. Lucky you, you snatched up the spot of "independent pet."

Hmm...

Politics are okay in context of the comic, and, by extension, the RP. HOWEVER. I'm going to give a big fat warning right now: DO NOT GET EXPLICIT IN DESCRIBING POLICY, ECONOMICS, ETC. Focus more on pet's rights and such. I love this RP. So turn this RP into political propaganda whatsoever and I will gut you myself! It's against the forum rules besides. Tread lightly, and consider this your warning.

_________________
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack


Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The World That Doesn't Exist
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Ughh to much Backstory
*head hurts*
I know writting is your calling Game but on Rps you're supposed to make your backstories sweet and simple
Owwie my head

_________________
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Reno Crawley EC S-8 P-6 E-6 C-7 I-5 A-5 L-5
Panda Evans EC S-6 P-7 E-6 C-5 I- 7 A-7 L-4
Marro Woods EA S-5 P-9 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-5 L-5
Erin "Pepsi" Evans BsM S-4 P-4 E-8 C-9 I-6 A-7 L-4


Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:15 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Actually I rather enjoyed his back story! It made perfect sense in justifying why he's in the position he is now, if a bit politics-heavy.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The World That Doesn't Exist
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Ebly wrote:
Actually I rather enjoyed his back story! It made perfect sense in justifying why he's in the position he is now, if a bit politics-heavy.


Oh by all means it was good just a bit much for my teenage mind you see I know very little about politics for my Civics teacher tends to make me fall asleep in class

_________________
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Reno Crawley EC S-8 P-6 E-6 C-7 I-5 A-5 L-5
Panda Evans EC S-6 P-7 E-6 C-5 I- 7 A-7 L-4
Marro Woods EA S-5 P-9 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-5 L-5
Erin "Pepsi" Evans BsM S-4 P-4 E-8 C-9 I-6 A-7 L-4


Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 am
Posts: 4246
Location: Imagination!
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
WolvenPaw15 wrote:
Ebly wrote:
Actually I rather enjoyed his back story! It made perfect sense in justifying why he's in the position he is now, if a bit politics-heavy.


Oh by all means it was good just a bit much for my teenage mind you see I know very little about politics for my Civics teacher tends to make me fall asleep in class

On that note, I'm 16. Something about teenage minds?

But ugh i can so relate when it comes to that. i fell asleep in every single history lesson last year. his voice was like a metronome! but that more makes me bad at history than politics.

_________________
I was going to make a joke but then I did.


Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The World That Doesn't Exist
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Meh good point but still ok back to topic please don't turn this into a politics page that would suck cause when someon tries to explain politic to me I get a headache

_________________
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Reno Crawley EC S-8 P-6 E-6 C-7 I-5 A-5 L-5
Panda Evans EC S-6 P-7 E-6 C-5 I- 7 A-7 L-4
Marro Woods EA S-5 P-9 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-5 L-5
Erin "Pepsi" Evans BsM S-4 P-4 E-8 C-9 I-6 A-7 L-4


Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:46 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Independence, MO
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
Buckdida wrote:
I can't believe I read all of that.

First off, just to add a silly nitpick: You've got 6,000 characters, not 60,000. (I threw it into Word and used the word count tool...counts characters too.) However, the double post is fine, because you switch to an entirely different subject; much like a new chapter or page break or whatnot.

Now, the stats. The split points...I suppose that's okay. Adds more variety that way...though I'm not entirely sure on it.

The debate thing? You'll need to be more specific. On TV? Radio? Just chatting with another pet? If it's ONLY on TV and radio, sure. Otherwise, adjust your stats, because then that's quite unbalanced. And, you have 41 total points across your regular stats. You're missing one! Might I suggest balancing your split stats, and add a half point to each?

Also...you're misinterpreting the stats. Agility is more physical, movement based, not thinking based. Charisma is used for convincing others, talking, and getting people to do what you want. Perception is the ability to track your surroundings, and reading the thoughts of others. From your char description, you'd probably want high Charisma, Intelligence, and Perception.

Now...the canon. The legal stuff. Interesting. Very. Hmm...Rick said that animals legal rights depend on the state. So. I will let it stay, simply because it's interesting, and opens up many storylines. Lucky you, you snatched up the spot of "independent pet."

Hmm...

Politics are okay in context of the comic, and, by extension, the RP. HOWEVER. I'm going to give a big fat warning right now: DO NOT GET EXPLICIT IN DESCRIBING POLICY, ECONOMICS, ETC. Focus more on pet's rights and such. I love this RP. So turn this RP into political propaganda whatsoever and I will gut you myself! It's against the forum rules besides. Tread lightly, and consider this your warning.


First thing's first: I just got a PM from Teh Brawler, I think this made him upset. Yet some of you like the storyline. Do I really have to change this? Some of Henry's views are right of center (specifically gun rights and welfare reform), so he's more centrist than you think.

Also, Buckdida, I see that I'm finding myself on very thin ice. Now I'm wondering if this is worth it. I'm sure I can come up with Henry stories that are outside of politics (I was going to add more about personality), but the reason his views are left are because his owners were very far right, which is why he wanted to be independent and thus support pet's rights. I don't mean to indoctrinate you people, I just want to tell his story, if that's okay with you. Buck, I might need more help on what I can and can't say.

Also, yes the debates mostly take place in the media. He's also more kind to pets than people. That's why he's a lone wolfing it, he can't stand being controlled.

There's one more character coming up: Ginger, his girlfriend. She's has even more right-wing views. So, yay, more reading!

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 am
Posts: 490
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
As long as you don't get overly political you should be fine. I would also like to point out that I'm pretty sure we don't want any deaths in this RP.

_________________
Image
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Image


Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Independence, MO
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
ArgentFlame wrote:
I would also like to point out that I'm pretty sure we don't want any deaths in this RP.
There is just no pleasing you people is there? I never intended for there to be a homicide, and I do not plan on writing one. The gun is for protection, plain and simple.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 am
Posts: 490
Post Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!
I was more referring to to the "after girlfriend dies" thing actually

_________________
Image
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Image


Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 56  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.