HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by xhunterko »

And a forum search later and I find this:

http://leafolawl.deviantart.com/art/Cur ... -262419389

Hopefully that'll clear things up a bit. :)
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

Hmm, this looks interesting. Any room for one more?
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I don't think they have any vacancies.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know what I guess we could do with a few more players. We only have 6 as it is and one can't post right now anyway also we are kind of slow. So how about the two of you post your character sheets and we'll see if you fit in.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Alright, wrote up a quick brother and sister to see how this goes, should be fun xp

Name: Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale
Character Type: Main
Species: Dog (Dalmatian)
Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: A typical white and black spotted Dalmatian, Mikey matched the breed standard for his old kennel club in all ways but one, his bright blue eyes. He wears a bright red collar with a gold violin tag, and his collar buttons meant for controlling a music player on its left side.

Personality: At first glance Mikey seems to be very... distant, although perhaps distracted might be a better word. He rarely seems to be aware of where he's going, and tends to start break-dancing or free running for no apparent reason. It's not so much that he is shy, more so he's never quite sure how he should interact with others, preferring to have other pets and people approach him first. Mikey is however deathly afraid that other pets might connect him to his show dog past, and because of this he tends to put on the facade of a tough hoodlum around what he sees as more high class pets.

Other Notes:
His two Dads, Jason and Shaun, are both dance instructors and choreographers. And yes, they're gay.
He has reached near mastery of both the piano and the violin, although getting him to play outside his house would take some effort
Mikey's collar is actually a sophisticated music player which allows him to hear his tracks through the vibration of fillings in his back teeth

Background: Mikey was born and raised to be a show-dog, pure and simple. For his first three years on the circuit Mikey did extremely well, earning many awards for his poise and well-spoken yet humble demeanor. Unfortunately Mikey failed to notice the jealousy of the other pets, and they conspired to have the breed standard of his kennel club changed so that only darker eyed Dalmatians were eligible. Unwilling to continue to raise a mere Pet instead of a champion Mikey's parents abandoned him, their last kind act being to leave him at a decent shelter where he was found and adopted by Jason and Shaun at the behest of their cat Tara. His dads hope to open a dance studio in the neighborhood, and have asked Tara and Mikey to show off a bit in order to drum up some interest.

SPECIAL

Strength 6
Perception 3
Endurance 5
Charisma 7(4 generally when he's not dancing or playing music)
Intelligence 9
Agility 9
Luck 3

And lets go with #8000BF for his speech

Name: Tara Truesdale
Character Type: Main
Species: Cat (Savannah)

Appearance: With golden fur, sharp black spots and bright green eyes Tara is quite the pretty kitty. Her long legs make her just slightly taller than your average cat, and her large ears give her the appearance of being able to hear everything. Tara wears a purple collar with a gold teardrop symbol on it, her name on the front with her Dads info on the back.

Personality: Tara is a generally kindhearted soul, although she has a definite mischievous streak about her. Tara doesn't believe that the world should be taken too seriously, and if fun can be had then fun must be had. Although quite willing to walk up to any random stranger and start up a chat, Tara cannot help but try to tweak the noses of pets who seem to think too highly of themselves. So long as others don't hurt her friends though Tara is fairly easy to get along with, and to those that do just remember... some cats have long memories.

Other Notes:
Sister pet to Mikey
Is an excellent dancer, using her natural flexibility for both ballet and belly-dancing among other forms
Absolutely loves all forms of music, but prefers especially to have it played for her

Background: Tara was born in a shelter, and spent a year there before being adopted by Jason and Shaun. She has traveled all over the world with her dads, helping them choreograph for both singing sensations and small town theater programs. Shaun and Jason have always treated her like a queen, giving her whatever she asked for, but she never really asked for more than their attention and to be with them. Concerned that their daughter might need a playmate though Tara's dad's took her to the pound where she instantly recognized Mikey from a video of him playing the violin at a dog show. After ordering her Dad's to rescue him Tara has spent the majority of her time cajoling Mikey into playing music for her and generally trying to be more sociable. She still constantly helps her Dads with choreography, and is currently trying to drum up business for their own dance studio.

SPECIAL

Strength 3
Perception 7
Endurance 4
Charisma 8
Intelligence 6
Agility 9
Luck 5

And #FF00BF for her speech
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well I really like both of those characters look really interesting. Ok I'll let you in, you can start posting as soon as you can. Nice to have you in Sunset
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Thank you for the reply, give me a moment to think about the personality. Is this neighborhood strictly dogs and cats only?
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

69eist wrote:Thank you for the reply, give me a moment to think about the personality. Is this neighborhood strictly dogs and cats only?
Nope you can be basically anything that would make sense really.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Thanks, I've been working on a new character and finally I have a chance to use him. Still reading up on his species though.
My Personas

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Name: Georgia Gilgan

Species: Chameleon

Appearance: Georgia is wears a white Cravat (18th century neck tie) under his collar and cuffs on his wrists. He wears a yellow collar with a diamond shaped tag. He mostly keeps his scale colors a light red violet and has purple eyes.

Personality: Georgia is more of the gentleman type of pet. He is somewhat of a neat freak and loves to keep things proper. He also likes to correct people. If he sees something wrong, he would go out of his way to make things right in his perspective.

Background: Raised since birth to be a classy pet. Terrance Gilgan , his owner, trained him in knowledge and history of art. He also shares an interest in fashion with his daughter, Tamy Gilgan. He constantly keeps up with trends and likes to change his colors to match some fashion styles he sees or is inspired by. He loves to paint and he sometimes uses his tongue to paint. Terrance works in a French art Museum in Paris. The reason why Georgia is in Sunset Plateau now is because Tamy got a scholarship to study in America and Tamy decided to take him with her.

Other notes:
Georgia doesn't mind the fact the his name sounds like a girl's name
He isn't phased by insults.
He sleeps with a teddy bear named Pallete

S.P.E.C.I.A.L

4 Strength
9 Perception
3 Endurance
7 Charisma
10 Intelligence
3 Agility
6 Luck

Will this color be fine? A31947
My Personas

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

A Chameleon well that is a very interesting choice. Really can't wait to see what is done with that for sure.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Do I need to post for Pain or he's still in a state of just following Lance around?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Can I have a recap on what the pets are doing?
My Personas

hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

well, im new to RPing, id appriciat a bit of guiadance\help\whateve in the begining :c
sooo

Name: han

Character Type: main

Species: fennec

Appearance: Han is small, she has light orange\yello fur, wear a ribbon on her neck (butterfly knot at the back) with a bell (heart shaped holes), fluffy tail, brown eyes.
refs:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/ ... 6lfq1p.jpg

Personality: moves between shy when in public (mostly) and pretty hyper (in person), but it depends on who is she with. shes smart, but dont enjoy thinking, so she dont act as if she is smart. pretty clumsy, get hurt easily and playful most of the time.

Backround: she was found when she was younger at the street, where she used to hand and search for food, she was cought and sant to a domain for wild animles, before she was "put to sleep", one of the people who worked there, James(housband of jessy Mika) wanted to save her. He took her and took care of her. After a month or so, the one in charge of james figured he took one of the wild animels, so he fired him, james couldnt find a stable work place or a neighborhood that will accept his pet for the next few years and they had to move a lot.

Other notes: Han doesnt like to think of herself as a wild animel, she tend to act as if she is one of the cats.

Streanght- 2
Perception- 2
Endurance- 3
Charisma- 3
Intelligence- 8
Agility- 8
Luck- 4
Last edited by hanDesu on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

69eist wrote:Can I have a recap on what the pets are doing?
Most of the Pets are at the park right now talking near to the woods. The Panda village and Animal Control are cleaning up the mess from the flood the (game) day before. zephyrtobiaswolf's Characters just moved into town and are running off down the street.
The Moon Howler wrote:Do I need to post for Pain or he's still in a state of just following Lance around?
Right now he is just following Lance around since Lance's group isn't doing much at the moment. However if you can and want to post that would be a good idea because as I said we aren't doing anything really right now and I've kind of hit a bout of writers block. So maybe someone doing something will help.

hanDesu Sunset is kind of the place were a bunch of people got their start RPing so I have no objections to letting you try here as well. I would just work on your spelling a bit, the forum does have a spell check function on it. Also you still have 12 Special points to use if you want to, you don't have to but the option is there.
valerio

Post by valerio »

How many groups there are at the park? Belisarius would like to approach one, but *I*'d like to know who he could talk to. :lol:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:How many groups there are at the park? Belisarius would like to approach one, but *I*'d like to know who he could talk to. :lol:
Other then Lance in the park right now are, Jessica, Paige and Will Turner,Pain; Brutus (the bear sorry if I spelled the name wrong) and Will I think are still there with the group as well. That is all I remember being there, Pain and Will can't talk since Moon Howler is still out I believe.

Also if your character is not on the first post list could you post a summary of him/her (like they are in the first post) in this topic or in a PM to me so I can get a new list done. The old one is very very outdated and needs to be redone. Thank you.

hanDesu I noticed you didn't pick out a color for your character yet please do so, so I can add you to the list if you want to RP with us. Also zephyrtobiaswolf and 69eist since your characters are on this page you don't really have to give me anything just to be clear
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'm withdrawing my application. I'm frustrated with Reptiles not being a little anthro like the mammals here.
My Personas

hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

this rp doesnt seem too active or whateve
id try to apply in another ooc or whateve
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

IceKitsune wrote:
valerio wrote:How many groups there are at the park? Belisarius would like to approach one, but *I*'d like to know who he could talk to. :lol:
Other then Lance in the park right now are, Jessica, Paige and Will Turner,Pain; Brutus (the bear sorry if I spelled the name wrong) and Will I think are still there with the group as well. That is all I remember being there, Pain and Will can't talk since Moon Howler is still out I believe.

Also if your character is not on the first post list could you post a summary of him/her (like they are in the first post) in this topic or in a PM to me so I can get a new list done. The old one is very very outdated and needs to be redone. Thank you.

hanDesu I noticed you didn't pick out a color for your character yet please do so, so I can add you to the list if you want to RP with us. Also zephyrtobiaswolf and 69eist since your characters are on this page you don't really have to give me anything just to be clear
Uhm, I'm here, I just didn't see anyone talking to Dan(Pain). As far as Will goes - he's at his house atm.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Sorry I'm posting so slowly, I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I'll probably be a bit slow for a week or so, then I'll pick the pace back up.

EDIT: Val, were you planning on responding to Will? My last post was at the bottom of the previous page, so you might have missed it.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Alright first post is now updated with new character list and the map of Sunset (might update it a bit more later). If I missed anyone's character please PM me or tell me in this thread so I can fix it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:Sorry I'm posting so slowly, I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I'll probably be a bit slow for a week or so, then I'll pick the pace back up.

EDIT: Val, were you planning on responding to Will? My last post was at the bottom of the previous page, so you might have missed it.
yes, I had missed it *is derp*
Posted!
TheInsaneMaster

Post by TheInsaneMaster »

Could you tell me that are there any free spots left in this? I'm intrested in joining.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

TheInsaneMaster wrote:Could you tell me that are there any free spots left in this? I'm intrested in joining.
If you're still interested, and you haven't yet done so, you might wanna try PMing IceKitsune, the GM.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yes, there are two spots left, sorry about taking so long I guess I didn't see the email about the posts in this topic.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And for a second, I thought I might be seeing your resignation post. Phew.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

:lol: No not yet :P
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Heh heh, hopefully not for a long time though. Right? Right?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:Heh heh, hopefully not for a long time though. Right? Right?
Yeah as it stands, Im not going to be done with this for a while don't worry.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Can someone give me a brief description of what the panda village looks like right now?

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, it's in the clearing of an old chapel. Two buildings next to each other are right beside the chapel an even space apart. The closest is the bath house. The one beside it is the meat house. Spreading northwest of the meat house, there are 4 finished longhouses that need roofs that are being worked on at the moment by 2 pandas each. Then northwest of those are 3 plots. Two of them have frames built up and one is only dug out. In the farther north west corner, where the trees grow thick again, is a partially built two story tower with just the frames where Mitch and Rikki are. Cello and Zhang are showing Mikey the village and they are north of the chapel.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Uh, hello guys! Could I ask for an overview of what this RP's setting is? I'm kinda fuzzy on it...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Esper wrote:Uh, hello guys! Could I ask for an overview of what this RP's setting is? I'm kinda fuzzy on it...
Are you confused about what it looks like or something else? We do now have a map in the first post
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Nah, not what it looks like. I'm confused as to where/when and the overall theme. Please direct me back to the OP if that info is already there and I missed it
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Could I make a character here?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

At Zephyr: Did you see my post about offering a tour of the neighborhood? It was right before one of yours, so you may have missed it.

At Esper: While I can't really make a final call on the theme, I personally think Will puts it best:
Will Turner wrote:"As f-for what we do... well, I guess you c-could say it's usually spur of the m-moment. We do whatever sounds fun, and if s-something else happens, we deal with it then."
So, I guess if I had to describe it in one word... "Spontaneous"

At Hyper: Again, can't make a final call on anything, but if Ice doesn't answer quickly, you might want to try PMing him.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Sorry about the delay Pecan, completely missed your post. Also I may be posting a tad slower for the next few days, just got a new job and will need to settle in for a bit.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Hello!

I wish to join this Neighborhood:
Character Sheet wrote:Name: Danni Naioko
Breed: Japanese Bobtail Cat
Height: 2.6"
Location/Neighborhood: N/A

Appearance: Strong build, yet slim-looking. White all over except her head and tail, which have brown patches with golden undertones. Tail is short and curled up. Eyes are odd, one blue (Right), one gold (left). Collar is a fine leather with the edges stitched with a gold-colored thread. Also stitched in the same thread is 'Danni' in Japanese characters. No tag.

Personality: Confident and Agile, Danni prefers to be by herself rather than make friends. She enjoys exercising, especially running and acrobatics. She hardly talks and never seems to want to anyway.

Background: Originally from Tokyo, Japan, Danni was very different from her two sisters. She didn't act like them and hardly talked to them either. Growing up was hard, she didn't see the point in trying to gain the attention of her owner like her sisters, preferring to just sit around or go running or listen to music. After living in Japan for a year and a half, Danni's owner, Anya Naioko, one of three sisters much like Danni, had the idea to move to America and study at a university. She wanted to take Danni with her, so she searched for pet friendly towns, found one that was close to her University and bought a home there..

Strengths/Weaknesses/Notes:
- Although from Japan, she only speaks a little Japanese.
- knows little about America or it's customs.
- Almost always seen with headphones on listening to her music.
- Isn't prone to talking unless talked to.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 5 "Pretty average.."
P: 6 "Clear skies.. Good time for running.."
E: 8 "Daily jogs around the block means I can run longer.."
C: 3 "..What are you staring at?
I: 4 "Which side do Americans drive on again?
A: 7 "Acrobatics classes with Anya keep me.. flexible.."
L: 8 "I once found A 100 Yen bill lying in the street.."

Text Color: This
Last edited by ~\Rook/~ on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sorry about not getting back to you earlier Rook. Character looks good to me so please start posting as soon as you want.