HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

EmoPeanut

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by EmoPeanut »

Sweet! Now, how and when should the mall trip end?
I think it should end with a bang.
Since Nicky and Dakotah are going to watch a movie for two hours, what about everyone else? Just a question.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

EmoPeanut wrote:Sweet! Now, how and when should the mall trip end?
I think it should end with a bang.
Since Nicky and Dakotah are going to watch a movie for two hours, what about everyone else? Just a question.
The red button is pressed.
The mall is turned into a gigantic ball of yarn.
The cats are happy!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

valerio wrote:Sorry for the double post, but this proposal deserved one of its own...

I saw we have many 'dead' characters, most of them very interesting and others just waiting to be developed after way too short appearances. So, here's my idea, folks: either me, Buck, Ceet, or IceKitsune, asks their owners, on behalf of the whole group, to use these characters for very limited appearances, say 2 days tops a week in SH, as special guests, while waiting for their owners to return.
These characters would be available to every active player, with the commitment to use them in full respect of the character's sheet. This would allow us to keep them appearing from time to time, rather than letting them fall into oblivion :cry:
To use one of these characters, the active player will have to notify here in OOC first so to avoid overlapping.

If there are characters whose owners are not returning at all, then I suggest said characters be available by default, always with the same 2-days appearances rule.

I hope you'll all find this feasable.
Thank you for your attention! :mrgreen:
I'd rather this not happen. There are a couple of problems with this...

First off, there's basically the rule where you really can't control other player's characters unless they've got your character STUCK. You're not supposed to control other player's character's otherwise.

Next off, if you have multiple players controlling a single character, the character's development and personality WILL be inconsistent, nevermind the character sheet, or if done at different times. This is not good for that character.

If the player comes back, and wants their characters back... they might not be happy with what has happened to their characters.

If you want to revive characters, they must become a single person's character entirely, and most likely as a main character as well. You can't turn forsaken characters into a pool of guest characters for you all to use. That would be confusing.

You CAN, however, create NPC's for everyone to use (one example is Griff from RV), but when created, you must say so as such.

Characters come and go, arrive and disappear. It's part of RP'ing and how it works. Let the dead characters go.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
valerio

Post by valerio »

I understand.
Thank you for anwering, Buck.
Valerio, Roger and Over.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Basically there are three groups in the mall:
- The Arcade group (Blueberry, Eris, and Lance)
- The Movie group (Nicky and Dakotah)
- The Music group (Ying and Kanashi)

I guess most people want to end this day quickly, but I am afraid the Arcade group (my group) might take a while. However, we might finish the games later through the IRC, like the early basketball game.
KanashiFox

Post by KanashiFox »

I know That ying and i are about to check out after the awkward moment
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hello the broken fox! Nice to see you here! What made you pick SP by any chance?
The Game

Post by The Game »

Kinashi-Fox, I don't want to sound rude, but could you add quotation marks (") when your character talks? It's easier to understand if they're speaking or thinking that way.
KanashiFox

Post by KanashiFox »

Okay sorry I will do
valerio

Post by valerio »

Please, someone updated page 1 with the new characters AND saying that we now have only 1 slot free only
Also, in which part of the US lays Sunset Plateau? Is there snow, there, at this time of the year?
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

xhunterko wrote:Hello the broken fox! Nice to see you here! What made you pick SP by any chance?
It just seemed like a nice, easy place to flex my RP muscles! (hint: they haven't seen much action before... in other words, I'm new to RP, and SP looks like a great place to get some practice) Oh, and valerio should also take some blame for it. :D He pointed me to the RPs in the first place, so I followed him! :lol:
valerio wrote:Also, in which part of the US lays Sunset Plateau? Is there snow, there, at this time of the year?
Seconded. It would be great if we could start after the time skip with a description of the season and the weather.
And a question for you valerio, is Valiant's prosthetic arm visible, or is it covered with some sort of fake skin and fur? I don't remember you saying that in your description so I would guess it's the former.
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I always presumed the place was a sort of mid-western town capable of having snow.. Kinda like in the Nebraska/Kansas range....
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Hello the broken fox! Nice to see you here! What made you pick SP by any chance?
It just seemed like a nice, easy place to flex my RP muscles! (hint: they haven't seen much action before... in other words, I'm new to RP, and SP looks like a great place to get some practice) Oh, and valerio should also take some blame for it. :D He pointed me to the RPs in the first place, so I followed him! :lol:
valerio wrote:Also, in which part of the US lays Sunset Plateau? Is there snow, there, at this time of the year?
Seconded. It would be great if we could start after the time skip with a description of the season and the weather.
And a question for you valerio, is Valiant's prosthetic arm visible, or is it covered with some sort of fake skin and fur? I don't remember you saying that in your description so I would guess it's the former.
Hehe, always glad to direct nice people to nice places... I'm happy you picked this one :D :D I gladly accept my faults for involving you :mrgreen:
Yes, the arm is visible. The current technologies don't allow for a realistic synthetic fur/muscle cover, and Valiant's artificial limb would look and smell weird if it was covered with a fake fur.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok after talking it over with Aquablast since ending this day will take at a minimum another week (most likely longer) I have decided to let Broken and Valerio post in Sunset we are still having the skip after today however.
valerio

Post by valerio »

aaand Valiant and Rikki just moved in! :mrgreen:
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

And so has Darien! :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go find an Italian dictionary, so I can see what Rikki is saying... :mrgreen:

Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Valerio... could it possibly be Shamrock that's the pretty boy? :P
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Challenger01 wrote:Valerio... could it possibly be Shamrock that's the pretty boy? :P
why not? go ahead, man
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well then, I will make a post regarding that as soon as The Game responds... for I am still waiting on Destiny to respond to Shamrock first.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

I guess that means Darien is walking down a different street then...

Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Broken Fox... there's like, four streets in Sunset... whichever street your house is on, it will be facing the park. you might just be on a different side of town.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

All right, all right, Darien will get his bearing in a minute. :oops:

valerio

Post by valerio »

night folks!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go find an Italian dictionary, so I can see what Rikki is saying...
There's always google translate. :)
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

xhunterko wrote:
Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go find an Italian dictionary, so I can see what Rikki is saying...
There's always google translate. :)

Do NOT speak of that horrid device! if i put a word in and refreshed, it would have a different version everytime! Don't use it, Don't!
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

Hey Broken....your character is a reporter yes or am i thinking of somebody else...anyway how about you have him meet Ying I'm sure you'll have plenty more to write about with his Investigations so hows about it once we all leave the mall, Yings house is just up from desi's. have you been past her's yet? Anyway i think it will be a good idea, we could feed off each other, you take my stories I take your stories :P
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

YingBlanc wrote:Hey Broken....your character is a reporter yes or am i thinking of somebody else...anyway how about you have him meet Ying I'm sure you'll have plenty more to write about with his Investigations so hows about it once we all leave the mall, Yings house is just up from desi's. have you been past her's yet? Anyway i think it will be a good idea, we could feed off each other, you take my stories I take your stories :P
Oh, I'm sure they'll meet up sooner or later! The supernatural is not one of Darien's usual topics, but I'm sure he'll appreciate a fellow journalist's work. :) I just wonder... is the neighborhood big enough for two journalists... :mrgreen: Just kidding!

valerio

Post by valerio »

A journalist of the occult, and a journalist of the mundane.
Fur's gonna fly :mrgreen:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I was going to let blueberry explore the abandoned building first. But Valerio's character of Bora just gave me a few ideas. Maybe Khun and Paige can give it a quick glance on their way to the falls. ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:I was going to let blueberry explore the abandoned building first. But Valerio's character of Bora just gave me a few ideas. Maybe Khun and Paige can give it a quick glance on their way to the falls. ;)
ooo, kuhn and Paige are SO in for troubles....
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Good thing Khun ain't afraid of no ghost. I'm not so sure about Paige though.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Huh? You want to visit the abandoned building now? That's pretty sudden!

But in case you didn't know, valerio or I will take the role of the narrator. Basically, valerio or I will describe the surrounding of the abandoned building and what's inside it as you explore. You CAN describe it yourself, if you really want. However, in that case we should discuss first before bringing in the abandoned building. Since I am sure we have different thoughts about the abandoned building.

Other than that... Well, I suppose you can run into the abandoned building! Nothing's stopping you or anything!
valerio

Post by valerio »

there! I hope this can suffice for our abandoned place... Let me know if you want me to add/modify something...

Pets call it The Haunted House.
People who still remember will call it ‘Pecan Building’...even if this construction hardly qualified as such.
Pecan Building was a three story building, where the third story was an attic.
This place was conceived as part of the ‘Phase 1’ of Sunset Plateau. William and Mary Pecan, stockholders of the society that built this neighborhood, wanted their own place with a large park for their animals, two Great Danes.
Four years ago, on December 26th, the place was finished and ready to be inhabited. But just that day, the dogs fell victims of poisoned meat left by poachers. The Pecans decided to leave the place, unable to stand the pain for this cruel loss. Pecan Building still stands here, in the middle of nowhere, while the vegetation, day by day, regains the ground it had lost during the construction. There is no longer trace of the garden, the small bird fountain is broken and its remains are covered with plants, the same climbing vegetation that now is slowly tearing apart the building itself.
Pecan Building is a Mary Celeste in its own way. The calendar in the kitchen, a bundle of yellowed pages that for some miracle is still hanging at the wall, shows the sad date circled in red. The pans still lay on the stove, covered with dust, emptied by the scavengers. The dishes are still arranged on the dining table, one of the chairs lays down, after Mrs. Pecan turned it by standing up abruptly.
In the living room, the TV set is a broken eye after an ornament had been thrown in rage against it. The books of the library are an unrecognizable bundle of chewed-up paper. The rats celebrated for a full year with this gift of culture.
On the first floor, the three bedrooms that once hosted a human couple, their pets and their guests are empty, rotting shells turned inside out by long-gone roditors. Clothes and dresses, or rather their tattered renmaints, are hanging by rusted wire hangers. The only piece of fabric that still is untouched is a suit still wrapped in plastic. It will never be worn for a parade or any other celebration…
Strangely enough, Pecan Building IS lifeless, in every sense. No scavengers, no roditors, no insects…aside from vegetation, no other life forms prospered, here. Their initial assault left marks, but after that the whole place is like the ghost of a building, patiently waiting for Time to wear it out.
Except that someone still lives here.
Someone NOT happy to receive visitors…
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:Description of the haunted house...
Ooooh! I'm having chills!

Me likes! :P

EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Zombies in there? Please put zombies in there. What? I really like the zombies
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

EmoPeanut wrote:Zombies in there? Please put zombies in there. What? I really like the zombies
I would've loved to insert doggie ghosts, but it appears to be a no-no. You'll have to do with a very angry hawk ;)
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

No Zombies? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can you deal with all those sad faces? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

sounds like a job for mystery investigator extraordinaires Ying and Kanashi ain't that right mate :lol:
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
KanashiFox

Post by KanashiFox »

Pulls out a wagon with Lots of Paranormal Gear With a sticker on the Side of the wagon that says GHI* I'm On IT!
The Game

Post by The Game »

Okay, if you guys haven't noticed (but I'm pretty sure everyone has) I tend to leave out words, even whole phrases out of my posts. A lot. Even though a proofread all my posts, my brain decides to skip words. :/
Next time one of y'all catches this, just give me a heads up in the OOC. Thanks! :P