HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

YingBlanc

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by YingBlanc »

yeh i was "first on the scene" as cops say and he had 1 post and only a small time on the forum, i informed him of the right thing to do so hopefully he should be cracking on with some of the stuff i said once he's back online
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Aquablast wrote:By the way, Pecan and xhunter, why don't you two simply use (In Philippines)"Insert speech here" instead of using an online translator? I think it is more work than it is worth, not to mention if we want to read it, we will have to use the translator as well for an inaccurate translation.
I think that'd be a lot easier for me. Thank you, Aqua.

And, I would like to inquire something. Currently, Paige's family consists of himself, his dad, and a younger child, Sam. Obviously, the child is in school Monday through Friday. However... I know this is Pet Friendly, but I was wondering if I could use Sam as my Guest character, since, as far as family goes, Paige and Sam are brothers.
(Of course, I'd need permission from both Ice and Buck)
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

YingBlanc wrote:yeh i was "first on the scene" as cops say and he had 1 post and only a small time on the forum, i informed him of the right thing to do so hopefully he should be cracking on with some of the stuff i said once he's back online
I also sent him a PM about making a character and introducing himself on the forums as well.

I also deleted his posts, and the OOC posts made by you guys about his post.
-
Pecan wrote:I think that'd be a lot easier for me. Thank you, Aqua.

And, I would like to inquire something. Currently, Paige's family consists of himself, his dad, and a younger child, Sam. Obviously, the child is in school Monday through Friday. However... I know this is Pet Friendly, but I was wondering if I could use Sam as my Guest character, since, as far as family goes, Paige and Sam are brothers.
I know I can't grant permission, but I can suggest things. In other neighborhoods, humans of all ages and positions: Parents, children, owners, shopkeepers, police, etc. are usually always there, and don't count towards the guest or Main character limit.

I don't know about having him as a guest. That's definitely something you'll need to talk to Bucky or Kitsy about (Buckdida or Ice Kitsune. I like nicknames.)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pecan wrote:
Aquablast wrote:By the way, Pecan and xhunter, why don't you two simply use (In Philippines)"Insert speech here" instead of using an online translator? I think it is more work than it is worth, not to mention if we want to read it, we will have to use the translator as well for an inaccurate translation.
I think that'd be a lot easier for me. Thank you, Aqua.

I guess you could I have no problem with it. But ctc is right they are always there I don't see why you couldn't just use him and not have him count towards being a guest.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

The only reason I would have him in my guest character slot is because I'd use him a lot more than, say, a parent or doctor. Those are usually for when pets need them. Sam wouldn't be just when Paige talked to him- on weekends (IC), he'd be his own character, with stats, and everything.
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

Well I think it a cool idea. But then it would turn into a normal R.P. right?

This is PetFriendly, but hey it could change how the game is played. I like changes. changes mean progress in..... when did I start reading my history speech?

But seriously, I'm cool..... but my vote doesn't count, since the forum isn't that nice. Pout
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

[/Rant]
Okay, NOW I'm angry. When I first read aquablasts comment I thought, gee, maybe I should. And of course I wrestled with it for a little bit. Only becuase it was aquablast who introduced me to the roleplay in the first place. I then thought that I didn't need to because I personally thought it enriched the roleplay experience. Then I remembered a few posts back with the main group. Why didn't you say anything when Ying-blanc, KanashiFox, and The Broken Fox used different languages? Are you telling Valerio now to post {I} now and then post in english whenever he types? Sorry, but, I don't like it, and I'm not going to follow it. You do whatever you feel comfortable with Pecan. But I will continue to be posting in another language whenever I feel the need to let my characters do so.
[/EndRant]
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

AHH! THE RAGE OF XHUNTER! RUN!, He/She will kill us all!
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

@EmoPeanut: Not nice. I am a He. And it is xhunterko please. Thanks.
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

I said He/She. I didn't know, and I thought I shouldn't ask.
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

xhunterko wrote:[/Rant]
Okay, NOW I'm angry. When I first read aquablasts comment I thought, gee, maybe I should. And of course I wrestled with it for a little bit. Only becuase it was aquablast who introduced me to the roleplay in the first place. I then thought that I didn't need to because I personally thought it enriched the roleplay experience. Then I remembered a few posts back with the main group. Why didn't you say anything when Ying-blanc, KanashiFox, and The Broken Fox used different languages? Are you telling Valerio now to post {I} now and then post in english whenever he types? Sorry, but, I don't like it, and I'm not going to follow it. You do whatever you feel comfortable with Pecan. But I will continue to be posting in another language whenever I feel the need to let my characters do so.
[/EndRant]
Nyugodj meg xhunterko, ne csinálj ilyen felhajtást a nyelvek miatt! ;)

But seriously, please calm down! You have to admit that while we were using the occasional word or phrase to spice up a sentence, you and Pecan were writing entire conversations in a different language. Can you see the difference? Also Filipino is considerably less common than Italian, or... darn, I forgot which language Ying and Kanashi used, but still!
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

xhunterko wrote:[/Rant]
[/EndRant]
Chill, it is only a suggestion. And like Broken Fox said: Yingblanc, KanashiFox, and valerio are only using foreign language for short phrases or a single sentence. But if you two are using it for conversation AND if you two are struggling with the translation, why not just post in English?

But go ahead and post in another language, if you want. Like I said, it is just a suggestion, no need to get angry.
Last edited by Aquablast on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I must agree on that. xhunterko, if you want to use other languages, of course it is NOT forbidden, just make it so that another reader can understand what's happening without having to trust a translabot...or that, at worst, that the translabot's use is kept to a minimum.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

If you want, I can put translations at the bottom of the post. But part of the reason was (and still is) to have some things slowly discovered about the characters. And then tell things as a whole. That way, when I tell my characters full background to other people, there'd be a more genuine response from their characters. That's all that I was really trying to do. I didn't mean to get people upset over it. Sorry.

Edit: One more thing. Are we going to let EmoPeanut discover the hidden crypt? Or do we want to try my random number idea?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Let's go for the hidden crypt, then! 8-)
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

I think the crypt would be better for when we are all there. Or at least most of us.

Also I'm not upset xhunterko, nor am I against you continuing with the foreign language! I just wanted to share how I see things.

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Khun. everyone has secrets. I'd be worried if you didn't." He frowned. "I mean, I still have one or two as well." Closing his eyes, he added, in a quiet voice, "One that I know I'd sooner swallow poison ivy then talk about."
Darn you Pecan! Now you're gonna drive me nuts with it until Khun pries it out of him. Or until for when you decide to share it. Heh.
"And when your ready to get that off your chest, I'll be right here for when you do," Khun said, then he reached into his collar and pulled out his wallet. He flipped it open and pulled out a photo from the inner holders. It was a bit old. But it was still precious to him. After all, it was of him and HIS kitty cat. He was holding the back of it to Paige though.

"Since we're talking secrets here," Khun said, placing the photo face down on the island next to the chip bag, "I guess since Nihm's taken quite a shine to ya, I can show you this. This was j-just before we were married. A c-couple m-months at l-least. We, we didn't know any b-better down there about it being t-taboo in the states at all. And, well, responsibility was encouraged at an early age. S-so, I, I asked and s-she said yes. I just, j-just wish I had had m-more time with her. Sniff."

"Daddy, are you sure?" Nihm asked him.

"I'm positive sweet heart," Khun said to her, then he looked at Paige again, waiting. "Now, there's a couple more things I have to get before we head out, s-so I'll go get a f-few things and I'll be back." Khun then headed back down the hall and through a door in the center of it. He walked in his room and sat down on his bed for a few seconds and put his head in his paws.

Sniff, well, here goes nothing, Khun thought, fighting off tears.
Original post for those who missed it.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hey does anyone know whats going on with EmoPeanut? if he doesn't show up by the end of the day I'm controlling his character to get us out of the Mall.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

IceKitsune wrote:Hey does anyone know whats going on with EmoPeanut? if he doesn't show up by the end of the day I'm controlling his character to get us out of the Mall.
Yeah, the mall group is sort of stuck without him, and me and Val are waiting for you guys to get home...

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hopefully I wasn't too mean to the poor guy. :? :oops:
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

xhunterko wrote:Hopefully I wasn't too mean to the poor guy. :? :oops:
Huh?
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:Hopefully I wasn't too mean to the poor guy. :? :oops:
what do you mean?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

@EmoPeanut: Not nice. I am a He. And it is xhunterko please. Thanks.
This post.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

...does that mean you don't want me calling you Hunter?

Oh, and Val... have Valiant and Rikki ever done any international cases?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

@Pecan: No, it's fine, you can call me Hunter if you want. :)

The only reason I told EmoPeanut that is:

a) I was still irritated
b) I thought he was trying to cause trouble and I was trying to be serious

Otherwise, I don't mind it every now and then.

And here I was thinking that Sunset Plateau was being forgotten.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:...does that mean you don't want me calling you Hunter?

Oh, and Val... have Valiant and Rikki ever done any international cases?
Although they never left Sicily, they were vital in rescuing two USA soldiers that had been kidnapped because witnesses in a criminal case. That is why the Pentagon offered the cybernetic arm to Valiant when he was mutilated by the Mafia.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

@Hunter: Yay! Good to know! ^^

@Val: Okay, though Paige will probably ask IC as well. Again, just out of curiosity, were the soldiers human or pets?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:@Hunter: Yay! Good to know! ^^

@Val: Okay, though Paige will probably ask IC as well. Again, just out of curiosity, were the soldiers human or pets?
human soldiers
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

By the way, what time is it now in game?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aquablast wrote:By the way, what time is it now in game?
should be close to 1900-1930. At this point, they had an early dinner at Leone house, and Valiant, Rikki and Darien are passing time while the group returns.
KanashiFox

Post by KanashiFox »

I really hope i didnt miss much I'm sooo sorry I had a broken computer on my hands. But i back now
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

It's fine mate just in time as well since were heading back.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

The following message is the same as seen in another OOC thread:
The Broken Fox wrote:Before I forget, a quick heads-up folks!
I'll be visiting relatives this weekend, so expect me to be gone from Saturday noon till Sunday afternoon European time / Sat dawn-morning till Sun morning-noon American time (depending on where you live). I'll try to log on if I can, but I can't promise anything. Sorry! :(
This has been a public service announcement! :)

YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

have a nice time mate we'll try not to do anything big when your away i think maybe
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sorry bout the lateness everyone. However, I am having to take desperate measure. No images or flash are to be allowed from this site in order for me to view it. If I cause too much lag, I'll get kicked off. So, apologies for that.

Cheers!
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

hey everybody small announcement, on Ying's profile in this Rp i said he had a Long Distance Relationship that is based on mine before but now me and my BF have split up till we get a more suitable time to date closer to when we'll rent out a flat and live together but for then i am single which means Ying is single in Sunset Plateau so...even though it saddens me right now and I'll make Ying announce the news IC tomorrow, In Character Time...so anyway i'm not leaving the rp either i can take it, "it takes more to kill a water-buffalo" as Roosevelt once famously said so i'll still be RPing but expect 2 changes to Ying 1. he will be a tiny bit more depressed so say -1 charisma maybe since he's still going to be energetic in his work and also 2. I cannot say right now but you can guess.
MustHaveGrapenut

Post by MustHaveGrapenut »

Hey, erm, May I join in the RP?
I've read the rules and basic details and all but this is my first time in a RP, so Im a little bit unsure.
Also, can I explain my character as a Traveler with a motive and winding up staying in SP instead?
and after I've placed my character sheet here, can I instantly join in?

Its ALL GOOD...
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

MustHaveGrapenut wrote:Hey, erm, May I join in the RP?
I've read the rules and basic details and all but this is my first time in a RP, so Im a little bit unsure.
Also, can I explain my character as a Traveler with a motive and winding up staying in SP instead?
and after I've placed my character sheet here, can I instantly join in?
Hi!

Well, we have 1 open slot left in this RP, so that should be okay! Also don't worry, I was a first timer too when I joined, we promise to be gentle! :lol:
Character backstories are generally fine, even encouraged, unless they are blow out of proportion, don't fit with the setting of the neighborhood, cross the established canon, etc... You get what I'm saying? ;) However, this is exactly what your character sheet is for, you introduce your character to us. You don't have to list off all the plot points, just give us an idea. You post the sheet here and in the Main OOC, then wait for the approval of our GM, IceKitsune, before you can join in! Should be quick and affirmative unless he thinks there's something wrong with your character.

MustHaveGrapenut

Post by MustHaveGrapenut »

Hi!

Well, we have 1 open slot left in this RP, so that should be okay! Also don't worry, I was a first timer too when I joined, we promise to be gentle! :lol:
Character backstories are generally fine, even encouraged, unless they are blow out of proportion, don't fit with the setting of the neighborhood, cross the established canon, etc... You get what I'm saying? ;) However, this is exactly what your character sheet is for, you introduce your character to us. You don't have to list off all the plot points, just give us an idea. You post the sheet here and in the Main OOC, then wait for the approval of our GM, IceKitsune, before you can join in! Should be quick and affirmative unless he thinks there's something wrong with your character.
Erm, how do I know that IceKitsune approves my character? by PM?
Last edited by MustHaveGrapenut on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its ALL GOOD...
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

MustHaveGrapenut wrote:Erm, how do I know that IceKitsune approves my character? by PM?
He'll reply to your sheet in this thread, most probably! ;)