HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

IceKitsune

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok I will later tonight or in the morning and Emo Peanut is also out guys he just told me over PM
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Sunset Plateau, take a note. I am hereby forbidding anyone else from leaving. You will all stay here... forever.
~Your faithful RPer, Pecan Camari.

...I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that. *feels ashamed* Any, E.P, we'll miss you.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Pecan wrote:Sunset Plateau, take a note. I am hereby forbidding anyone else from leaving. You will all stay here... forever.

I, ctcmjh, Mod of the RP forum, Emperor of Equestria, hereby decree that Pecan is right, and everyone stays forever.

Yeah... I'll miss you Emo Peanut...

EDIT: Did I start a trend, and now people are beginning to use My Little Pony Friendship is Magic avatars?
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Pecan wrote:Sunset Plateau, take a note. I am hereby forbidding anyone else from leaving. You will all stay here... forever.
Yes Sir! Or Ma'am! I'm not sure about your gender... :?
ctcmjh wrote:Did I start a trend, and now people are beginning to use My Little Pony Friendship is Magic avatars?
Don't worry, I won't. Ever.
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

ctcmjh wrote:Did I start a trend, and now people are beginning to use My Little Pony Friendship is Magic avatars?
I actually have had one on on two other sites... It just took some time to find a good one for here. It wasn't actually you that made me do it. (Though you made me hurry it along. ^^)
The Broken Fox wrote:Yes Sir! Or Ma'am! I'm not sure about your gender... :?
I am a male. ^-^
valerio

Post by valerio »

Oh, don't you worry...
You won't get rid of me so easily...nossir, no...
never...
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

i shall not leave ever either
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

This is my only home... AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE!!!
*calls in a napalm strike around the perimeter*

Anyway, until I go into the military, this will be Shamrock's home forever. And he will just be sitting in his room while I'm at boot camp... or Maybe I could have IceKitsune move him around a bit... of whom I give full control to while I'm gone :D
Last edited by Challenger01 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Challenger01 wrote:This is my only home... AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE!!!
*calls in a napalm strike around the perimeter*

Anyway, until I go into the military, this will be Shamrock's home forever. And he will just be sitting in his room while I'm ta boot camp... or Maybe I could have IceKitsune move him around a bit... of whom I give full control to while I'm gone :D
heh thank you sweetie I will gladly take some control of Shamrock while you are gone :D

Edit: and of course I will never leave (except maybe I might take a longish (like a week or 2 at most) break from the RP one day I don't really know but I might.)

Edit2: Psykeout is leaving the forums not that it matters he hasn't posted in here for like two months I think

Edit3: Does anyone know where KanashiFox is? he hasn't been on since the 8th and hasn't posted since the 6th if he doesn't post by the end of Monday I will put him on the retired/inactive list as well
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Alright, well, Icekitsune and I have been talking -and this is just our opinion here- and it feels like this RP could use a quick reboot... Not like, restart EVERYTHING... but because of how many people and their characters keep coming and leaving on such a prevalent basis... it might be good to wipe our characters clean of any memories... So wipe half the slate clean, still keep the neighborhood as it is, but push the non-active characters out of the active character's heads...

Also, this might be a good suggestion... and don't see me coming of as mean, I'm honestly not, it just upsets me.

Don't join the RP and make one post, then quit... If you come into the RP, please have the intention of staying for a while... It just makes it hard when people come in for a day, quit and have a character just standing there, leaving us to take control of them. I understand things happen, and maybe people get upset at RP'ing and want to quit, but if you DO quit, give us some notice, and properly exit your character so we DON'T have to take control of them.. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, it's just harder to keep the RP running smoothly when these things happen...

That's my two cents, does anyone have any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions regarding the matter? If so, please reply
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Challenger01 wrote:Alright, well, Icekitsune and I have been talking -and this is just our opinion here- and it feels like this RP could use a quick reboot... Not like, restart EVERYTHING... but because of how many people and their characters keep coming and leaving on such a prevalent basis... it might be good to wipe our characters clean of any memories... So wipe half the slate clean, still keep the neighborhood as it is, but push the non-active characters out of the active character's heads...

Also, this might be a good suggestion... and don't see me coming of as mean, I'm honestly not, it just upsets me.

Don't join the RP and make one post, then quit... If you come into the RP, please have the intention of staying for a while... It just makes it hard when people come in for a day, quit and have a character just standing there, leaving us to take control of them. I understand things happen, and maybe people get upset at RP'ing and want to quit, but if you DO quit, give us some notice, and properly exit your character so we DON'T have to take control of them.. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, it's just harder to keep the RP running smoothly when these things happen...

That's my two cents, does anyone have any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions regarding the matter? If so, please reply
Yeah as I said to him over Skype I agree completely especially the second part of it. Look I get that things happen and sometimes RPing is just not your thing or you get bored of it fine you can quit but please remove your own characters don't make us do it or leave them hanging.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Actually joining and quitting rapidly is sort of how RPs on the Internet is. Very few have the dedication to stay, and I don't think that can be changed easily. But yeah, getting non-active characters out of the view is a very tiring and irritating proses, and proper exit are welcomed.

With that said, I am personally against rebooting to forget the non-active characters. Don't you think it is a bit sad for your character to forget someone? I am sure we can work it out somehow without needing that.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Aquablast wrote:With that said, I am personally against rebooting to forget the non-active characters. Don't you think it is a bit sad for your character to forget someone? I am sure we can work it out somehow without needing that.
Yes, yes! I agree. Also I don't want Darien to forget Valiant! :x Not after the work I put into their relationship...

Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

The Broken Fox wrote:Yes, yes! I agree. Also I don't want Darien to forget Valiant! :x Not after the work I put into their relationship...
I think what they mean is to forget the inactive characters. So Lance will still know Valiant and Darien, while Blueberry will still know Eris. But both Lance and Blueberry will forget that Khun and Nicky ever existed, and Bora never met with Ronald.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aw, Khun and Nicky were cutey!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

IceKitsune wrote:also we should start to wrap this day up.
We're almost done now! Most everyone is asleep! :P

valerio

Post by valerio »

If Lance has anything to add, I'm done
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

I, for one, am not sure I'd like to "wipe away" the memories. I mean, we want this to be as realistic as possible, right? And in real life, you don't just erase the memories of your friends.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

i as well don't support of the "memory wipe" if kanashi ain't here by the time we go to meet up for the investigation then can i control his character to phone me by the collar saying that he is ill and won't be out for a time?
The Game

Post by The Game »

I don't think we should do the memory wipe.
Not only would it be confusing to keep remembering to have your characters forget, but I think it would just be sad that they can't remember their friends :(
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

YingBlanc wrote:i as well don't support of the "memory wipe" if kanashi ain't here by the time we go to meet up for the investigation then can i control his character to phone me by the collar saying that he is ill and won't be out for a time?
Yeah that sounds good and it looks like the memory wipe is off then; ok I'm fine with that. Just please if your going to leave remove your characters yourself I beg of you that are left.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Well, I know we are able to have to characters per neighborhood, so, I'd like to ask if ya'll are okay with Will here being introduced during the next day?
Pecan wrote:Name: William "Will" (Turner)

Species: Mink

Breed: American Mink

Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Char Type: Main

Nutshell Description: A brown-furred mink with the usual white spot on his chest, but also a whit front left paw. He is extremly timid, coming from knowing for years what his previous owner was raising him for, and is scared very easily.

Personal Quote: "GAH! Don't DO that!"

Appearance: William almost looks like your average Mink, with glossy, chocolate brown fur, blue eyes, and a small white patchjust underneath his chin. However, his paw is white as well. His eyes are rarely not wide, and if you look closely, in stressful situations his right one gets a slight twitch. He has a light green collar, with a small, replica treasure chest on it.

Personality: From birth, Will has been timid. He has trouble speaking up, and on the rare occasions he is heard, he thinks it most likely sounded dumb. He is often on guard, though that guard isn't very thick, as he is very easily scared. Upon being scared, his first reaction is often, 'run first, ask questions later,' and so far, it's worked for him.

However, Will knows he's a scaredy-mink, and when alone, he often daydreams about being brave. Going on adventures, fighting bad guys, rescuing a damsel in distress... he wishes his life could be like that, though he knows it never could be. Will actually has started a blog of fictional stories, without his raiser knowing, of course, that have gotten pretty high ratings. His favorite theme has always been pirates, or anything to do with a good seafaring adventure.

Despite being a bit anti social, however, Will is actually quite good at sports, especially ones that need lots of running and dodging. Dodgeball is something he excells at, with his instinct for running put on high. Sports are one time Will can almost seem... truly happy around people.

Other Notes
-Despite being able to be 'scared' by anything, William has an actual fear of knives. Longer blades are okay, but knives cause a sort of PTSD effect if they come to close to him.
-William is allergic to Raspberries. He isn't deathly allergic, but enough can hospitalize him.

SPECIAL
STR- 5 ("Less fighting, more running!")
PER- 4 ("...I... don't follow.")
END- 8 ("Is he gone? ...What, he's been gone?")
CHA- 3 ("I guess we could...never mind")
INT- 6 ("I miss our Sea cousins...")
AGI- 10 ("Run away Run AWAY RUN AWAY!")
LUC- 6 ("Oh, good, a hiding spot.")
And...is 00BF80 alright?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yep I approve can't wait to see him in the neighborhood!
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Rikki's gonna be haaappyyyyy! :mrgreen:

valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:Rikki's gonna be haaappyyyyy! :mrgreen:
MEGAYAYAY!!!
Oh, there's gonna be courtship!! :lol:
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Well, Val, Rikki might find end up having to do a lot for love. Let's just say his current owner is not raising him to be a pet...

So, is anyone still up in Sunset? Who all are we waiting on to fall asleep?

Edit: Nevermind!
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

GUH!!! I attend a single lecture, and so much stuff happens! :shock: I wanted Darien to react to the events... Where do I pick up now? :?

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

So, we started this whole rapidfire session about 12 my time. It is now almost 5:30 my time.
Did I mention A.M? Yeah... 12AM - 5:30AM.
I think I might need sleep soon...

Edit: Yeah, guys, sorry. I know we were going pretty fast, but I gotta get some sleep. I'll post as soon as I wake up, though. ^^
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hey all!

I'm not coming back, but I did notice something. I can browse just a little bit on the forums. But not for any length of time. I can also be in chat, as some of you have seen. But that's to the extent of my activities that I'm willing to let myself participate in. I hope you guys enjoy exploring the Chapel! And I'm also glad that you guys didn't decide to do a reboot. I have thought of some small way for Khun to keep in touch with Paige. I'm trying to catch Icekitsune in chat so I can see what he thinks. If I can't do that, then I have a last post ready as a farewell. I was really enjoying this too. See some of you in chat!

Best regards,
-xhunterko

(ps: i had to copy this over from a text file. I didn't want to stay too long while typing it so as not to cause lag)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok guys 46&2 wants us to wait like 30 mins so he can post he needs to go do something right now ok guys so no more posting for a half an hour
valerio

Post by valerio »

roger!
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

*waves hand in the air*

Ooh, ooh, Mr. Ice! I have a question! :mrgreen:
What's the official posting speed for SP?

Also, sure thing, I'll put myself on hold.

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Broken Fox wrote:*waves hand in the air*

Ooh, ooh, Mr. Ice! I have a question! :mrgreen:
What's the official posting speed for SP?

Also, sure thing, I'll put myself on hold.
well there is no official speed,like you can only post so many in such and such a time, but it should be slower then what it is some times.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Okay, for everyone's information:

Travis' "House" is a single floor arrangement, the front door opens up immediately to the living room, which is connected to the kitchen openly, only signified by a change in floor. There 's a small hallway in on direction, leading to a bedroom/bathroom, a closet, and a small office. Pretty much every room is covered in all sorts of animal-items, such as fur. As far as evidence, I PMed Val for that.

Edit: And, back on the old topic of names- can anybody think what I had in mind for young Will's name? It isn't so much a pun as it is just a call to something well-known.
The Game

Post by The Game »

pEcan, Destiny said something to Paige about four posts ago. It starts with "Well Paigemeister".
Just so you know :P
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Well, looky, your right!
Edited to fit a response to that as well.

Edit: Darnit! First I felt out of the loop over at another site, now here on this forum. Please, will someone explain what 'Doctor Who' is?

Double edit: I decided I'm going to have Paige be bi. It would fit his personality better, in my opinion.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

By my count, there are supposed to be 11 characters at the park now in one big group... :shock:
Pecan wrote:Edit: Darnit! First I felt out of the loop over at another site, now here on this forum. Please, will someone explain what 'Doctor Who' is?
Um, it's that popular British television series about a time traveling alien and his companions? Tardis? Sonic Screwdriver? Timelords? Just Google it...

Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

The Broken Fox wrote:By my count, there are supposed to be 11 characters at the park now in one big group... :shock:
Someone should suggest them to split up into two teams! :lol:
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

one for the basement and one for the bell tower and lot? Great idea :lol: 2 Separate scares at the same time.
valerio

Post by valerio »

OK, so who'd like the dubious honor to be the first blood of Bora, before the group can react properly? Don't worry, no serious harm will happen, but since we speak of a feral most definitely determined to wound the intruders, and having the element of surprise as advantage (and a kind of attack that will give the group no room to react) she'll be the first to strike.