HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Pecan
Game Master

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by Pecan »

Congrats, Roo!
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*no longer has major responsibilities to worry about, strips to underwear and socks and runs through the streets laughing*

Congrats Hlaoroo! Good luck!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Wow. Thanks, guys! I'll try to do you proud!
This was a very close election, with only one vote separating me and the second place person.

Now, for my first official act as GM, I'm banning xhunter for indecent exposure. :P
Just kidding. :P

For those in the diner, the place is set up to look like it's straight out of the 60s. It has lots of pictures of famous actor and actresses on the walls, including lots of famous animals. All the pictures are signed and there's even a jukebox. The diner has also several sport pictures, all signed, and animal actors pictures, including a GSD that played Rin-Tin-Tin back in the days.

Here's some pictures to give you an idea:
The 'front', to let people eat and move faster...

while, if you need a little more comfort and take it easy...

Thanks to Val for those pics. Val can give more details on the diner if they're needed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

unknownScreenname

Post by unknownScreenname »

Hey, I was wondering if I could join. I know I'm rather new here, but I thougt it would be fun. if a GM could give me some joining rules or anything that would be great. thank you.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome Unknown, both to the forums and to the RP section! I'm Roo, an RP mod and the GM for Sunset Plateau. Please don't hesitate to ask if I can be of any assistance to you both here and elsewhere on the forums. :)

First tip, familiarise yourself with the forum rules. Do that and we'll get along nicely. :)
Second tip, familiarise yourself with the RP rules. It looks a lot but it's really not. The basic gist is stick to the forum rules, post coherently, try not to post one line responses in the IC threads, don't control other people's characters, and remember to obey mods and GMs. Simple as that.

There's a template here for character sheets. All you have to do to join this RP is to create a character sheet of your own using that template and post it here. Then once I approve it you can post in the RP itself. :)

Welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself here. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

unknownScreenname

I would assume that the RP uses Paragraph style rather than script style? I also will be thinking about my character and will upload it here when I have it decided. Thank you so much for the hospitality.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If you mean what I think you mean then yes. :)
I suggest reading the most recent couple of pages of the IC thread to get a feel for how we do it and for the level of writing we like in this RP.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

unknownScreenname

Okay, sorry for taking so long, I just had to think about my character, and now I think I've got it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Lucas Keston

Type: Main

Species: Yellow American Labrador Retriever

Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: He is short with a brownish/yellow back and a white underbelly. He has brown ears and yellow eyes. His collar is green with thin silver stripes along it and his tag is a yellow star. There is also a small scar along his side.

Personality: Lucas is a shy dog who enjoys reading and the outdoors. He spends most of his time reading alone in the woods. He enjoys reading mystery novels, although he doesn't like telling people that. He talks with a stutter when he's nervous, which is most of the time. However, once he gets to know people, he begins to feel more comfortable and stops.

Other Notes: As a pup, his owners abandoned him. He managed to survive, and after a year, Marcus Keston, his current owner, found him and took him in. He and Marcus have just recently moved into Sunset Plateau, and Lucas is still getting used to the move. Lucas isn't nervous around Marcus, and as such they have a very strong relationship.

SPECIAL: S3, P4, E7, C2, I7, A5, L5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That's a great start, unknownScreenname, but I've just got two concerns. Firstly, characters that are shy and just spend time alone don't tend to do well in the type of RPs we have here for the simple reason that RPs are a collaborative effort and the fun of them is having characters interact with other characters. So perhaps makign him a bit more personable would be wise.
Secondly, his stats only add up to 33. While this is technically allowed, 42 is the maximum and is the norm and you might find it easier to characterise and play him if you do use all the points you have.
If you can fix those two things then I think you'll have a good character. :)

I do like Labrador Retrievers. I used to have one as a kid and he was the nicest dog you could hope for. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

unknownScreenname

unknownScreenname wrote:Personality: Lucas is a shy dog who enjoys reading and the outdoors. He spends most of his time reading alone in the woods. He enjoys reading mystery novels, although he doesn't like telling people that. He talks with a stutter when he's nervous, which is most of the time. However, once he gets to know people, he begins to feel more comfortable and stops.
Updated Personality: Lucas is a cheerful dog who enjoys reading and the outdoors. He likes to read in the woods and just relax. He enjoys reading mystery novels, although he doesn'ttell people that. He sometimes gets nervous around people and begins to stutter, but he still goes around looking for new friends.

SPECIAL: S4, P5, E8, C4, I8, A7, L6

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for telling me, those were both very reasonable things.

Also, I honestly based Lucas after my dog in real life. Labs are really nice dogs :D
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pop that updated information into your character sheet (there's an edit button in the top right-paw corner of the post) and then you can feel free to start posting in the IC thread. :)
Oh, by the way, what colour will you use? We like to use colour as well as punctuation for dialogue here just to make things more clear. So if you could pick a text colour and add that to your character sheet too then that'd be good. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Color is also used in your character's "thought balloons" like this! An imaginary character thinks.

Except, don't use THAT color, that one his horrendous! He rethinks.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Good advice, xhunter!
Make sure the colour you pick is easily readable, unknown, and note that thoughts are written in italics without quotation marks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pecan, Superstar, Neon Icy Wings, you guys still with us? Dorothy is waiting for your orders. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Yo guys, slow down a bit! There are still others in our role play.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not many others, xhunter.
Superstar is really the only one we're waiting on since FlyLikeAGShep hasn't been on the forums in 6 months so we can officially say he's gone and since Neon Icy Wings said they'll have a bit of trouble getting on for the time being. I'll PM Superstar and find out what's going on since he has been on the forums regularly enough to post.
You're right that Val and I could and perhaps should still ease up a bit though. :oops:

By the way, I've decided to ease up on the "no drama" rule that MrNeonShot instated, as long as there's no objections from anyone. I think a bit of drama at times can help to keep things fun and interesting, as long as it's not too over-the-top. Drama is good, soap-opera style stuff isn't. :P Drama is also a good tool for character building too. What do you all think of that?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Hlaoroo wrote:Pecan, Superstar, Neon Icy Wings, you guys still with us? Dorothy is waiting for your orders. :)
I think I had already had Will order some juice before this, actually. Though, I did have him add a slice of pie to the order.

Also, I'm totally okay with there being a bit of drama. As long as it doesn't get to out of hand.

(Quick question: I've been playing with the idea of making Will have a dislike for meat. Not necessarily a vegetarian, he'd be okay with eating it if someone serves it to him, but he wouldn't ask for it himself at, say, a diner. Given his... scary past, I think this would be reasonable. Anyone have any thoughts on that?)
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

@Hlaoroo Well, still, still trying to wait for others to post though.

@Pecan: I think that's a good idea for Will.

Also fine with the bit of drama.

Also for those following the bit with the shed in the woods I'll be posting up a second feral character sheet in a bit hopefully.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I voting for some drama. Some Drama is always necessary for a nice story. I mean without some drama, then everything would just by "happy-happy", you know?
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'd like to join if you guys are accepting.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sure! Welcome, 69! Feel free to drop in a character sheet. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

So uh, I hope I don't sound rude, but is Chris gonna do the trick? Or are we waiting for the other users to post?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I was waiting for Val to post a response to Frances. If he doesn't post again by tomorrow morning my time then I'll do a post so we can continue.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

What should the card numbers be?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Up to you. It really doesn't matter. Chris could have made Blay pick any cards she wanted him to without him ever knowing it. :P
This trick is actually really simple. I'm no magician but I know the principle behind it. I won't reveal any details in public in case people don't want to know (it does kind of spoil it :P ) but if anyone really wants to know I can tell you via PM.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Look out people, I got a couple of foxes coming soon.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! I can't wait, 69!

Superstar, how is Blay saying "I don't believe this"? Is he saying it in a pleased, incredulous way or a less-than-impressed way? It's hard to tell from how it's written and it's kind of important that I know so I can have Chris respond appropriately. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Oh sorry. He's saying it in the sense that it's amazing, and he doesn't know how to comprehend it sort of, but he can tell there is some sort of trick to it, he know it's not just "magic". So basically he is pleased by the trick.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cool. Thanks. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Name: Allan Aker
Species: Fox
Gender Male:

Appearance: Red fox, slightly athletic build. Has golden yellow eyes, wears a dark grey collar with a silver tag. He wears a green pendant and usually carries a white pouch around with him.

Personality: Allan is a confident guy, he's up for any challenge and doesn't back down. He's also got a soft spot for his little brother Andy. He always tries to encourage his little brother to get out of the house more but doesn't succeed that much.

Other notes: Allan is an athlete, he is often used as a model for pet products in commercials. His owner, Tami is his agent and would often take pictures of him new different outfits and at different sporting events as she is a professional photographer as well.

S:7 P:6 E:7 C:5 I:5 A:7 L:5

==========

Name: Andy Aker
Species: Fox

Appearance: Andy is shorter compared to Allan and is white in color. He wears a brown color with a gold tag. He wears a purple sash and a brown belt with pouches. He's kind of slender.

Personality: Andy is the type to keep to himself. He doesn't like expressing himself too much as he's a little insecure with talking to people. He's shy at times and often prefers to be alone. He is usually seen with Allan if ever he goes out of the house.

Other notes: Andy is a kid at heart. He loves to play with toys and loves to collect some. He's also good at painting and usually makes his own pigments of paint. Don't be fooled by his slim appearance, this boy sure can run. Also, he's secretly gay. Allan is unaware of it though.

S:4 P:7 E:5 C:3 I:7 A:8 L:8

==========

History of both: Allan and Andy were strays at first. They were found in a park where Tami was taking some photos of the scenery. They've been travelling around for a short while and took pictures of a lot of places. Allan and Andy became rather fit as they've been on the move and eventually Allan came to love sports. Tami even posted pictures of them in her blog. Eventually, a scout saw Allan and Andy's pictures and wanted them to be models for some pet commercials. It worked out well at first but Andy decided that he didn't want to partake in it much. Allan recently got a contract at Sunset Plateau and so, they moved into town.
Last edited by 69eist on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think those characters look good. It's good that you have Adam to counter Andy's shyness a bit. You're approved and you can start posting :)
One quick question though. What's their backstory? Why did they come to SP or have they always been there?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Post has been edited.
My Personas

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Sorry for double posting but, any updates?
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, so sorry, 69. I was sure I did that already.
They're approved with that backstory!
Feel free to jump in and post whenever you're ready!

Pecan: I'm just waiting for Will to respond to Chris so she can do the trick. :)
Everyone else: Where are we all? I know you're out there!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

I completely forgot to look for text colors.
My Personas

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No worries. Pick whatever you like. We'll soon let you know if they're taken.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Val, I think xhunter is waiting for you to reply.
Brent, Pecan, what did Jess and Will think of Chris' trick?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I haven't decided what she thought yet, I'll get on that :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

posted! sorry for the delay
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Hey guys, still here. Will try to come up with my first post this weekend.
My Personas