HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by Leafolawl »

This being the first post on the page, I expect this to have a spot in peoples minds.

There are those of us who like to post longer segments than others, because it can hold more detail. This undoubtedly takes more time and effort, so they can't post quite as fast as those who post basic ideas and actions, a posting style that gets stuff done much quicker, but can sometimes leave behind an important detail. I've seen OOC posts that tell where something is because that detail was forgotten in the user's IC post.

Every posting style has pros and cons, and I don't expect everyone to use the same style to post, but I will ask that everyone considers what style the other RPers are using, to avoid others being let behind or left hanging.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

I do say I must apologize, I am part of this situation too and am just ambiguity as the rest. I know what you mean because I go to school as well.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, my idea behind the time skip was so that everybody could refresh and regroup. And pick up where they left off the next day. I thought it strange rasgriz wasn't posting because rasgriz had left the role play or he was waiting or something. So I figured it best to skip, and let everybody regroup, and have things happen during the night to keep in line with the main idea.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

so, any idea how to fix this for raz?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Moon Howler wrote:so, any idea how to fix this for raz?
I'm waiting for Raz to get back to me so we can figure something out.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Do I need to wake Mitch up? I was wondering about what was going on. With his luck, he can, mistake a bolt for another, or have a short fuse instead of a long one. So let me know what's up and I'll think of something.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I really want to Fix this for Raz but he hasn't gotten back to me yet, I can't really come up with a plan until that happens as its his idea.

Edit: Ok Raz is done with this whole camping thing and wants someone else to figure it out. So I'm going to take a vote if you guys want to try and salvage this camping trip or just cut our losses and get back to Sunset. I really don't care either way but at this point I don't have any plans.

I also wish to apologize to everyone, especially Raz, for letting it get like this as GM I should have done something to fix it sooner. I'm beginning to wonder if I should step down as GM but I wanted to get your guys thoughts on how I was doing first.
valerio

Post by valerio »

first of all, you are no more at fault than the rest of us kitsune: we should've adhered to the turn rules in first place, being GM doesn't mean you have to do our work. So I am guilty as well.
You are a good GM. The problem is, we are not organized enough to do a massive gathering thing. Empirical evifdence proves that, so I am in favor of cutting losses and finish with the trip as originally intended.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I'm beginning to wonder if I should step down as GM but I wanted to get your guys thoughts on how I was doing first.
Absolutely not. A lack of communication is what happened. New players came in surprising everything, taking the story for a turn, events moved quickly before people could respond or participate, or be acknowledged, and in any case, we were all clueless as to what had been planned or what was supposed to happen any way. I know it was supposed to be some sort of surprise thingy, but it's hard to put on a play when no one knows what their lines are. As for Mitch, I was just playing into his nature.

As for the vote, I don't like the idea of just cutting and running. I think we might be able ot get by another day at the campsite, if that's all Rasgriz needs. But if the majority has lost interest as well, then let's head back to Sunset. And maybe Rasgriz can do there what he intended to here. Maybe at the lake or some other spot in the woods.
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

I totally agree with Mitch, Let's all just come to some agreement soon and keep it going, this has been some of the best RP ive done in a while (aside from amtgard) and I would hate it's GM to go *poof*
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Moon Howler, Will's going with Eris to the vat, right? When and how are we going to move that along?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

That's kinda why I proposed a mini-time skip.
The Moon Howler

Okay, first of all, I wish to apologize to Raz. I played a major role in speeding up the events and screwing up, leaving him unable to do anything. It was an honest mistake, dealt mostly by confusion and somewhat desperate not to miss another small series of events (like with Quartz's characters first arrival). I didn't want to leave you hangin' like that, Raz, sorry.

Second - IceKitsune - Don't you even dare to suggest that! You are a good GM. You aren't a machine to be able to follow and prevent everything. You can't possibly be on watch 24/7 - you have to take breaks. It was only a bad luck you had that break at that particular time.

Third - Cut&run tactic will make the matters worse. We better think of another solution. Some way to preserve the arc and fix the mess.

And final - ctcmjh - yes, Will is going with Eris (I wish/prefer this part to remain like that). The next thing is both characters are taken to the vet for the night/time-skip and we continue from the morning
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

We could skip to the next day and go explore the woods and have something happen as we explore it. But if we do this we have to split up into smaller groups of course. Also I do not want to spend another whole day at the camp at this point lets all agree to go home back to sunset after a few hours in to the afternoon and have the morning for exploring. Lets say the stuff that may happen creeps everyone out and we go home because of that. Or something.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Or we creep out even more the next day if Raz wants to do more stuff and not just a day. We can do three days right?
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

Im up for anything
valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:We could skip to the next day and go explore the woods and have something happen as we explore it. But if we do this we have to split up into smaller groups of course. Also I do not want to spend another whole day at the camp at this point lets all agree to go home back to sunset after a few hours in to the afternoon and have the morning for exploring. Lets say the stuff that may happen creeps everyone out and we go home because of that. Or something.
agree on this strategy.
Val is creeped out enough as it is, he'd gladly go back home, and the others would follow
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Quartz does not like the idea of being captive at the vet again. I have been “getting back up in here” or at least trying, but IceKitsune, being a GM probably is hard so keep up your great work. How is Quartz to 'live' in Sunset? I doubt anyone would invite him to thier house.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Quartz, would you mind slowing down a little? You're moving a bit too fast for me. |D
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
The Moon Howler

QuartzOrren wrote:Quartz does not like the idea of being captive at the vet again. I have been “getting back up in here” or at least trying, but IceKitsune, being a GM probably is hard so keep up your great work. How is Quartz to 'live' in Sunset? I doubt anyone would invite him to thier house.
Will's Father might...

My RP Characters
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

The Moon Howler wrote:
QuartzOrren wrote:Quartz does not like the idea of being captive at the vet again. I have been “getting back up in here” or at least trying, but IceKitsune, being a GM probably is hard so keep up your great work. How is Quartz to 'live' in Sunset? I doubt anyone would invite him to thier house.
Will's Father might...
I THOUGHT THOU WOULD SAY THAT! So, I WAS thinking if he you didn't say how you met as it REALLY happened. WHERE IS EVERYONE FOR THE BEES I JUST HELPED WITH????? WHISKEYMUTT IS THE MOST ACTIVE RPER ALONG WITH ME!!!
RAINBOW YEAAH!
The Moon Howler

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Calm down. Will accompanied Eris to the vet. Also fix your reply, it kinda makes no sense with the grammar mistakes

My RP Characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

QuartzOrren wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:
Will's Father might...
I THOUGHT THOU WOULD SAY THAT! So, I WAS thinking if he you didn't say how you met as it REALLY happened. WHERE IS EVERYONE FOR THE BEES I JUST HELPED WITH????? WHISKEYMUTT IS THE MOST ACTIVE RPER ALONG WITH ME!!!
Quartz, calm down, and stop talking in all caps. It's a very rude way to type.

Now, you two are the most active because you keep on replying to each other without giving others a chance to join in. You both also jump around and interact with everyone you can, ignoring continuity and common sense about where your characters are. Please, slow down and allow everyone a chance to reply before you yell at us for not replying.

:)
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

My bad, i just saw a bunch of bees and me no likey when i get stung lol. Seriously though, the only reason i can quickly reply is because my email alerts me constantly and i have no life.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

WhiskeyMutt wrote:My bad, i just saw a bunch of bees and me no likey when i get stung lol. Seriously though, the only reason i can quickly reply is because my email alerts me constantly and i have no life.
:lol: , yes, yes, I know how that is. I didn't have a life when I first started on this site.

But now I do have a life; School, homework, a job, family, a girlfriend, pets, not to mention my various hobbies. I need to make time for everything, so I don't have the luxury of spending all day on the computer, waiting to post here. I'm 100% certain that there are plenty of others here. It's not fair or fun for us when we have to wade through a mountain of your posts to find a post to reply to. How about you guys wait to reply to each other until three people have posted in between each of your posts. With certain exceptions, of course.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

usually when there's a group having one conversation, there's a general posting order that is followed,so the first one to speak in a conversation doesn't speak until all others have. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same order each time, and someone can be skipped if one who needs to speak says they don't have anything to post. this avoids the problem that happened with razgriz and avoids large amounts of posts to wade through.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

Hi I'm new to this rp thing i was looking for a place to start and this thread sounds good is it too late to join?
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

If I were you, I would stay and read a bit for a day or two to absorb everyone and a week to try and introduce a character. Because I just jumped in and chaos ensued lol. But that's just friendly advice.
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

That's exactly what I've been doing don't want to just go in and get a barrage of chaos
Not one single person on this earth is perfect,learning to accept that however is a struggle few can understand
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Name: Borues
Species: Grizzly Bear
Type: Feral
Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Personality:
Borues is territorial, agressive, and easily agitated. He likes his quiet and doesn't appreciate people or pets mucking about his territory (which, he makes as vague as possible). He is intelligent enough but not about to make friends with anybody. Mainly he wants people and pets out of his fur as much as possible. He's kind of a jerk in a way. Borues is a medium buillt Grizzly. But still a Grizzly.

Other:
Borues lost a cub cousin to an imature hunter. He wears a human and bear tooth around his neck as a good luck charm.

S:
P:
E:
C:
I:
A:
L:

Color: Red regardless of if it's in use right?
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

Lol yeah, or else you could get what bishop received lol
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well. I'm just saying that because as far as I'm aware, that is the color that is the default for ferals.
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

Whoa sorry bro, but Is wasn't answering your comment my bad. Thats my color but i done know if the rules on that are like what I think so i will watch for a reply.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well see, that's because at another thread I looked at I think all the ferals were red in color. So that's what I was basing mine off of. But if there is a problem I can change it to this. Unless it's taken already?
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

Lol I have no idea, just rolling with the punches.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Xhunter I don't see any problems with it so your new character is excepted. And Ace11 post up a Sheet and I'll give it a look.
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

Name:Souske
Character type:main
Neighborhood:Sunset Plateau

Appearance:Welsh Corgi with spots of black yellow and white

Personality:Very secretive almost almost never trusts anyone.
Amnesia Personality:Energetic and very trusting.

Notes:Has no family lives in the woods is very smart and has a hunting rifle.Skilled in Hand-to-Hand combat and is very agile though he doesn't appear it.

Background:Left on his own at birth he traveled alone arriving at Sunset Plateau through sneaking on board a plane from Britain.After waking up he remembers nothing of his past

Special:

Strength-7
Perception-5
Endurance-7
Charisma-2
Intelligence-7
Agility-10
Luck-4

for my color I pick this one
Last edited by Ace11 on Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Not one single person on this earth is perfect,learning to accept that however is a struggle few can understand
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Well I'd like to remind you that a luck level of one would mean bad things are happening to him all the time and a perception level of two means he's almost blind and deaf and without a sense of smell.

5 is an average score, and 1 and 2 are significantly lower.

oh, and there's a limit of 10 points per trait, so spread those extra 5 amongst Luck and Perception.

but actually just 2 of them because there's an overall limit of 42 and you have 45
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Thank you sir.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok Ace I'm going to accept your character though some part of me feels he might be a bit "serious" for this RP so try to keep it under control ok? Especially the hunting rifle use it sparingly please.