HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Pecan
Game Master

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by Pecan »

Alright then, consider him inside and toweled.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*pokes roleplay*
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hunter, I'm waiting for the pandas to answer Chris' question.

Civ, is Meeko awake enough to talk yet?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

The panda's already answered Chris' question, it was edited in I believe if I saw that correctly.

And, should Meeko just wake up all the way... I'm just going off personal experience with dealing with something like that, and time seems to go so much slower here. Though if things need to move along I guess he could wake up.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ah, sorry. Not sure how I missed that. My bad.

Well, it's up to you what you want to do with Meeko, Civ.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sorry if it seemed like we left some people behind. We do miss you when you don't post and worry about you! Don't be afraid to jump right back in!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

^ What xhunter said.

I should really call you co-GM instead of assistant GM, xhunter. You're making my job easy. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorry I was inactive, I'm back. I'll read through the posts and see if I can make a reply.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hlaoroo wrote:^ What xhunter said.

I should really call you co-GM instead of assistant GM, xhunter. You're making my job easy. ^^
Ha ha nooooooo.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pecan? How did Will like the magic trick?
I'd like to wait for his reaction before posting again, if that's okay.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Sorry about that, I was actually waiting for Derek to respond to Blay before I commented.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, I was kind of interested to see Will's response to that magic trick since he's nervous by nature. But if you'd prefer I can post for Derek now. Your call.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Nah, I just reread the trick more closely and understand why you wanted my response first now. I went ahead and posted.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cool. Thanks for that! ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I think a discussion is needed.

The last post was made over a week ago. Other role plays are still going. Our gm, last I heard, has been traveling, and unable to upkeep things, but he may be able to now, but that's beside the point.

All players in this role play have and always have been able to freely voice their opinions, concerns, and communications either privately to each other or to the gm or mods.

The fact that we haven't had a new post in a week concerns me. I am concerned over the healthiness of this role play and what potential problems it may have.

Being the AGM allows me to bring up these concerns.

But most importantly, there is a participation problem. A number of questions need to be addressed:

Who is waiting on whom?
Who has lost interest and does not wish to participate any more, if anyone?

I think these questions are important to be answered.

As the assistant gm, I think I can bring up these questions. And I think I can ask that they should be answered by every active player. If I'm wrong I'll let the GM or mods correct me.

I am simply concerned about the health of this role play which is why I'm bringing this topic up.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Waiting on Hialoroo and hunter here
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Bashing my head against a wall trying to figure out how to explain Star's lack of reaction and action to the current scenario.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I'm not sure what to do with Albert currently. Haven't been as focussed on this role play as I should since I started work. Got to a point where I thought I'll do something when I'm not too tired to thing of something to do and never really found myself not being tired.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry, guys. I've been flat out with my move. Now that I'm settled I'm back full time though!

I think most people are waiting on me at the moment, xhunter. Thanks for being so attentive and keeping the RP alive though!

And guys if you do have any concerns about this RP or my/xhunter's leadership here or any suggestions on arcs or plots or anything you'd like to see in the RP then please don't hesitate to let us know either here or via PM. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

HoundInATree wrote:I'm not sure what to do with Albert currently. Haven't been as focussed on this role play as I should since I started work. Got to a point where I thought I'll do something when I'm not too tired to thing of something to do and never really found myself not being tired.
Hey there! Due to a post by Brent if it helps things I had a panda talk to Albert.
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Hlaoroo here's my character sheet and thanks for the invite.

Note: No I have never served in the US military, but I feel that Military Service Dogs and their handlers need to be in the spotlight a bit more. So in a sense my character is a tribute to them.

Character Name: Rash

Color: color=#0000BF

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Dutch Shepherd

Neighbourhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: Silver Brindle coloration, toned body of a military dog. Face has a scar running from upper left to lower right. Blue “Ghost eyes.” Normally wears a navy blue collar with an urban camo pattern.

Rash has two different pairs of tags one are his dog tags from the military, the other is an intricate tag that has an R flanked by two wolves. It is believed the two wolves represent Geri and Freki.
Can be found wearing his military vest which has his rank and title on it (His handler is a Staff sergeant making him a Sergeant first class).

Personality: Rash can be described as very content dog who loves his job, or lack thereof. He is normally shy with strangers, but warms up to those who share a common interest. He is very protective of his human companion Jim. Rash enjoys being outside especially in cold weather when he likes to take long walks and even go camping if he can. Likes to test himself from time to time by building elaborate runs in his backyard. When you get to know him Rash is an amazing friend and neighbor. He constantly goes out of his way to help others, this is mainly to do with his sense of honor though he can simply be extremely friendly. Though it doesn’t seem like it Rash is really good with younglings, as he refers to them. He can often times be seen catching the attention of the younger generation by either showing off some slick move, or by telling extravagant stories that he has heard from afar.
Another result of having worked with the Military Rash can have bouts of PTSD from time to time, especially around New Years and the Fourth of July due to fireworks.

Other notes: Military K-9 cross trained in I.E.D detection, and security. Served two and a half years in Kandahar Afghanistan, although retired he still serves as a teacher (in the effect of teaching other’s what he did in the service).
Graduated top of his class while he was in the 341st Military Working Dog Training Squadron in Lackland, Texas. He is well traveled and knows several different languages.

Jim was Rash's last handler in Afghanistan and adopted Rash upon the duo's return to the states. Jim was handed a desk job by the Army as a recruiter, he also helps Veteran Affairs offices if they need the help. Jim currently works handling paperwork for the local Recruitment office in Sunset Plateau's mall, as a recent addition the office isn't fully put together just yet (Thus Jim getting called to work for a late night shift). Jim would have likely settled in Sunset for retirement, with Rash, had he not taken the recruiter job offered to him.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats: S: 7 P:7 E:7 C:4 I:7 A:6 L:4
Last edited by RashallVetkay on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm happy with that. I'll approve him! Welcome to the RP!

One question though. Who are Geri and Freki?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Hlaoroo wrote:One question though. Who are Geri and Freki?
The wolves that flanked Odin in Norse Mythology, or so I've read.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Aah. That's cool!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Guess I'll start reading through and getting caught up on where everything is lol.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sounds good. :)

Probably the easiest way for you to join would be to be wandering through the woods and stumble on the panda settlement. The other characters are inside, I think. Except for a small group that's kinda gone inactive...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Alright sounds good.

Question: I noticed there was a map that you had made for the RP, is that still relevant?

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It's a little outdated but it'll give you the gist. I need to update that at some stage.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

As far as I know, only 2 pets are actually in the village. One is controlled by Brent who hasn't posted for a while. The other is Albert and I'm trying to get him involved again by having a panda talk to him.

There's 2 on the road to the village. Meeko and Chris, who are talking with the panda guard and royalty. Well, Chris is talking.

Then there's the group in Chris's house. Blay and Will, and I think someone who hasn't posted in a while too.

Then there's 4 characters in the Leone's house. Mitch, Rikki, Moon, and Will.

If you pick entering near the red panda village, they are cautious, protective, slightly militaristic, but also welcoming, kind, and generally treat strangers and visitors well willing to give them a benefit of the doubt.

Also, anyone waiting on me? I'll post in a bit.

ALSO: As for what time it is, late afternoon about a quarter til 5 'o clock.
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

xhunterko wrote:As far as I know, only 2 pets are actually in the village. One is controlled by Brent who hasn't posted for a while. The other is Albert and I'm trying to get him involved again by having a panda talk to him.

There's 2 on the road to the village. Meeko and Chris, who are talking with the panda guard and royalty. Well, Chris is talking.

Then there's the group in Chris's house. Blay and Will, and I think someone who hasn't posted in a while too.

Then there's 4 characters in the Leone's house. Mitch, Rikki, Moon, and Will.

If you pick entering near the red panda village, they are cautious, protective, slightly militaristic, but also welcoming, kind, and generally treat strangers and visitors well willing to give them a benefit of the doubt.

Also, anyone waiting on me? I'll post in a bit.

ALSO: As for what time it is, late afternoon about a quarter til 5 'o clock.
Thank you for the info especially that last part, I was about to ask what time it was in the RP. I may put my character at his new house, though I'm not sure just yet.

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Since Star wasn't on that role call of sorts I guess I should clarify that he is with Chris and Meeko, but whenever I was getting ready to make a post life would delay it in one way or another. I'm currently trying to make a fitting post though.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Since Star wasn't on that role call of sorts I guess I should clarify that he is with Chris and Meeko, but whenever I was getting ready to make a post life would delay it in one way or another. I'm currently trying to make a fitting post though.
Ah! That's the person I couldn't remember cause they hadn't posted in a while! You weren't left out on purpose, and if I forgot anyone, it's not on purpose, it's you haven't posted in a while and we've forgot who you were! Sorry!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:Hate to be a bother, but did you forget Sunset Plateau? I'm pretty sure one character, Albert, is waiting for a response from one of your's, Jessica. If you still have time can you double check please?
alright, I just looked back. since my last post (which honestly I didn't leave much to work with, I think I was expecting Buster to reply for Bowser) Hound hasn't posted at all, and I was waiting on him. and because i was looking for a post by him, I hadn't noticed you'd replied to us with something Jess could react to.

Hound could have probably made at least one post in there without me making a post first, but I still probably should have responded. I just hadn't noticed your post.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
xhunterko wrote:Hate to be a bother, but did you forget Sunset Plateau? I'm pretty sure one character, Albert, is waiting for a response from one of your's, Jessica. If you still have time can you double check please?
alright, I just looked back. since my last post (which honestly I didn't leave much to work with, I think I was expecting Buster to reply for Bowser) Hound hasn't posted at all, and I was waiting on him. and because i was looking for a post by him, I hadn't noticed you'd replied to us with something Jess could react to.

Hound could have probably made at least one post in there without me making a post first, but I still probably should have responded. I just hadn't noticed your post.
I replied in main. But don't worry about it. Thanks for replying though!

You should be able to post something HoundInATree. ^^

And welcome to the role play RashallVetkay!
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

xhunterko wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:

I replied in main. But don't worry about it. Thanks for replying though!

You should be able to post something HoundInATree. ^^

And welcome to the role play RashallVetkay!
I've had a rough idea for a while, but it's only been a rough idea. I'm not too sure we I'm struggling with this RP.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

*Didn't see the cardinal directions on the map so I just kind of winged it with the north and east reference.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sounds right to me anyway. :)

I just noticed though. There's nothing in the character sheet about his owner. Was his owner in the military with him? What's he doing now? And what brought the pair to SP?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Hlaoroo wrote:Sounds right to me anyway. :)

I just noticed though. There's nothing in the character sheet about his owner. Was his owner in the military with him? What's he doing now? And what brought the pair to SP?
Didn't really cross my mind yesterday, but I did post right before I went to bed so I wasn't 100% there haha. I'll add that info to my next post which will take place whenever the next day comes.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay.
Would you mind popping it here in the OOC too please, just so I can make sure I'm happy with it? Thanks. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Hlaoroo wrote:Okay.
Would you mind popping it here in the OOC too please, just so I can make sure I'm happy with it? Thanks. :)
Will do, I'll add it to my main character sheet.