PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neko

PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by Neko »

Welcome to the Yorkshire Fields Out of Character discussion thread.
Please read all of this first post and understand the rules before applying. When making your character sheet please choose a color for your characters Dialogue and thoughts. Provide the code at the end of your sheet and make sure it isn't already being used.

Setting
Yorkshire Fields started out similar to its neighboring city, Brookshire Meadows. Unlike Brookshire, Yorkshire took off from it's humble beginnings as fields of farming to the big city that it is now. Most housing in Yorkshire are town houses, apartments, or the second floor of a store. Town houses and Apartments are generally in the same area, surrounding the big park in the center of town. The city park is big, covering about 5 acres of land full of tree's, sidewalks, benches, and a pond.

Map of the Housing Area

Current residents of Yorkshire:
Every character has their own color when they talk, so its easy to tell them apart. Every notable character in the RP is listed here, including non-pet characters. Humans are Underlined, animals who are not main-characters are Bold.
Open Characters for anyone to use:
Currently No specific characters, but a general idea:
- Doctor's/Veterinarians -
- Police and Animal Control - Open when they appear, unless specially noted.

ctcmjh:
- Yukiko (Female, Kishu Inu)

Aquablast:
- Bullet (Male, Beagle)

RockstarRacoon:
- Tiara (Female, Raccoon)
- Flash (Male, Coyote)

HyperGenesis:
- Cesium (Male, Arctic Fox)

Coatl_Ruu:
- Phi (Male, Maine Coon)

RandomGeekNamedBrent:
- Spike (Male, Siberian Husky)
- Kat (Female, Bobcat)

Mystic Wolf:
- Mystic (Male, Iberian Wolf)

The Moon Howler:
- Varg (Male, Northern Eurasian Gray Wolf)
- Rion (Male, Cat)

Tha Housefox:
- Arin (Female, Italian Greyhound)

The Game:
- Alana (Female, Samoyed)

Kondog:
- Konnie (Female, Black Labrador)

simple things:
- Alexander (Male, Australian Cattle Dog)

kurowolfe:
- Tuah (Male, Cat)

We have 4 free character slot(s) left!
House Rules:
These are all important, so know them well and memorize them if you are going to be apart of this neighborhood.
- There are 20 character slots Guest characters DO NOT count. After all 20 slots are taken we will become join-by-request. This means that you have to apply and be approved by not only the GM but other members of the neighborhood as well.
- You may have 2 characters and 1 guest character If you want more characters a majority vote will be held by all current members. If majority agree you may have more, but the absolute limit is 4 characters 1 guest (or 3 characters and 2 guests)
- Give others a chance to respond. This is a big issue. Don't go on ahead and leave other characters behind, give them a chance to respond. After two days you may take MINOR control of the character or simply work around them.
- Posting Speed: I would like this neighborhood to have a rather quick posting speed. I'd like people to join who can generally post 4-5 times a day, which isn't hard to achieve. With this said there is no posting limit, just make sure you IRC one on one convo's so you don't fill up the RP. Please do not join if you know you can not be active, there are other neighborhoods with slow posting speeds.
- This is a Democracy, not a Bureaucracy. Unless there's a rule being enforced, or some opposition, anything (within the rating limit) goes. If you want to do something because you think it's fun, go ahead.
- Get on IRC. I am making this a requirement. There is no reason why you can't get mIRC and keep in touch with all the members. It's a great way to talk and keep in touch instead of constantly filling up the OOC with questions. Not to mention 1 on 1 RPing is easy over IRC. mIRC guide If you can't get mIRC, you can use Mibbit.com. After connecting to the gamesurge network simply input the command: /join #YsF
This will take you to the Yorkshire Fields (YsF) chat room.
- Watch the OOC thread. Stuff is constantly being said in here, important announcements, arc ideas, and the like. Be sure to check in often.
Joining Process:
1. If someone wants to join the neighborhood, they need to post a sheet in the Main OOC and then come in here.
2. You need to post a link to your character sheet in your post along with a color you'd like (Provide the code and make sure it already isn't in use.)
3. Your sheet and color will then be evaluated and rejected or accepted. If I reject it I will tell you what to do to get accepted.
4. After your sheet is accepted you need to get on IRC to show that you can access it.
5. Once you prove you can use IRC, you can go and make your intro post.

When we become Join-by-Request
1. Steps 1-4 from above.
2. After I accept the sheet the majority of current members will have to approve your sheet to be accepted.
Yorkshire Fields Cannon:
- Pets are more like Pets then other neighborhoods where Pets are more childlike. Yorkshire recently accepted Pet Friendly laws, so owners are still adjusting to the change. What this basically means is that Owners treat their pets more as pets then children. Example: Pets will primarily eat kibble, have pet beds instead of real beds (like children beds). An example for dogs/canids: Being told to Sit, or Stay, being punished by wearing a muzzle, or having to sleep in a kennel etc.
-All pets have rights with the new PF laws. But like mentioned before, everyone is still adjusting and getting used to them. This is why pets are more like pets, then children.
-Before the PF laws were placed(A few months ago) there were leash laws. Now with the new PF laws Pets can roam the city as long as they have a collar with a licensed tag.
-Pets can still be childlike and happy go lucky, it's the owners that act differently.
-Pets moving in from a PF neighborhood are the only exception to this, their owners can act however you want.
- Yorkshire Fields is the big-city, while Brookshire isn't much of a city at all.
- Yorkshire is rapidly expanding, encroaching on the surrounding wildlife, causing an ecological meltdown. Wild animals in the Yorkshire are less friendly and do not socialize with each other anywhere near as much.
================
(Important)
Extra Notes and Concerns:
PLEASE READ:
I will be gone for a week on vacation, and as such the RP won't start until I return. This gives everyone plenty of time to make a character or two while I'm gone (make some awesome background stories ;]) But this brings up a lot of issues.

Since I'm gone I won't be able to Approve/Deny Sheets. With the 20 character rule this could be a problem, so while I'm gone the 20 character rule does not apply. As long as you post, saying you want to join, or link to your character sheet, YOU WILL RESERVE YOURSELF A SPOT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. Even if it goes over 20 characters, that's fine.

Just post saying you want to join and you'll guarantee yourself a position. Even if I come back and deny your sheet, you still have a spot and can try again. YOU MAY ONLY MAKE 2 CHARACTERS AT THIS TIME.

To Summarize: Don't worry about the limit, Everyone can apply.
Housing: All the housing circles around the Park, town houses, apartments and then a few stores(A store's second floor can be where you live) All the Townhouses are on 2 streets adjacent to each other, the apartment complex's take up one street and the remaining street is of small business (A small grocery store, a hardware store ETC, they can be anything you want as long as it's practical.)
Stores: If you plan on having your pet's owner own a store, please make a simple layout of the building and have a list of products (it'd be even better if you listed prices). Put the layout and list of products in a post in the OOC and I will make an index for Stores. This way if people go to your store they know what you have and what the store looks like which makes it a lot easier to RP.
Lay-outing Your House: This will be very useful when other character's visit your house. Just make a blueprint of your house to give everyone a general idea of what to see. Just make sure that if you're living in a town house that you know the basic layout of townhouses. Apartments can be lay-outed however you like, just make it practical (Size wise mainly)
Concerning the Canon: So if you didn't understand the Canon, simply put, the owners treat their pets more as 'pets' then say, children. Leashes, Muzzles, using Sit/Stay commands, Primarily Kibble Diet ETC.

My main concern is that, if your character is coming from a pet friendly neighborhood, they can have their owners to be different. BUT they should probably notice the way how other owners act, or not, up to how your owners act.

I just hope everyone understands the canon, if you have questions go ahead and ask them here or join IRC (#YsF) and ask me there.
Help with the Index: The index is going to be a lot of work to keep up on all by myself. I'd greatly appreciate it if when your character started an arc or got involved in an arc, that you post in the OOC with a link to the first post that starts the arc and a small description. It'd probably be best to wait till the arc plays out till the end to index it, to properly put a description.
Muzzles: If an owner is ever going to use a muzzle (punishment for example) please be specific. Is it the kind of muzzle that's a cage, and the pet can still talk, or the kind that straps onto the mouth where they can not speak? Please be specific so others know how to react. You don't want them to try talking to your character when they're 'strapped muzzled' and can not speak.
Your Character(s): Please note in your sheet whether or not they are moving in or already live in the neighborhood. If they're moving, state whether they're coming from a PF neighborhood or not. If your character already lives in Yorkshire, you may want to talk to other people who have characters who already live their as well. Discuss whether or not they'd know each other, be friends, if they'd know each others back story ETC.
I'd prefer it if most character's already lived in Yorkshire Fields(It'd just be weird seeing a bunch of people moving in at once), and since I'll be gone for a week that would give you all enough time to discuss to each other about your characters and if they know each other and such.
Pet Activities: It was brought to my attention that since pets are...pets. That it cuts down on what they could do(Since they won't have things like, video games, skateboards, etc) This is easily compensated with outdoor activities, Catch, Frisbee,Tag, Hide n' Seek, sports and the like. Not to mention you could do things like board games at home, or if your owner has a game console you could always ask to use that.
Living and Stores: Just because you own a store doesn't mean you have to live in the second floor. You can own a store and live in the nearby Apartment complex or a townhouse.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Reason: Updated OOC
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Neko

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by Neko »

Table of Contents
Arc: The sheep in wolf clothing
Jake wakes up with no memories of himself save for the name he read from his tag. He meets various pets in his amnesia and finally ends with ASPCA Coordinator Phillip.

Arc: Two cold hearts makes a warm one
Aiden is found by animal control but is quickly adopted by the Delacruz. A short drama with Angel followed by one from Aiden helped them understand each other better.

Arc: Luck of the Irish with a dash of anchovies and a side of angels
Newcomer Leopold finds out through the angel Marc that you can find home even in distant lands.

Arc: The battle of the bandless
Windchimes confront Angel about a past that they shared separately. Tears of joy ran through their river of sadness as they sailed with their music.

Arc: Tag! You’re Heat!
Bullet finds out that having too much fun under the sun is not something that should be done.

Arc: A princess from a faraway land
Tiara steps down from her throne and sees the land of Yorkshire thanks to May.

Arc: You’re only as old as you think you are
Cesium celebrates his 18th birthday to find out it’s not the start of freedom.

Arc: Slip-in just don’t slip-up
Maple is about to find out why you should always check before you step.

Stores

Store: Fine Tunes
Player: Jofoxx
Owner: Jacob
Merchandise: Guitar's and Guitar accessories
Description:The store is an old brick building that has been newly renovated on the inside. It has display windows on both sides of the door, and a sign above it that reads the name.

Store: Technobits
Player: BollyTheWolf
Owner: Tim
Merchandise: Electronics
Description:The store is a brick building on the outside, but it is fittingly modern on the inside. It has display windows on both sides of the door, as well as windows on both sides of the building, and a sign above it that reads the name.

Store: Celtic Corne
Player: LucidDarkness
Owner: Ryls O'Malley
Merchandise: "It sells a bunch of Irish-y things"
Description:The store is an old brick building with vines creeping up the sides of it. There is a certain mystical, old-fashioned appeal to it that makes the building feel as though it is from another era. It's probably all the brick, vines, and rot-iron workings. From the outside, all that shows that the building contains a store is a little wooden, hand-painted sign next to the door with an arrow pointing in and a list of the hours (which are always subject to change) underneath it. There is also a little Open/Closed sign hanging over the window on the front door.
The inside is packed with all of the same old-time-y charm that the outside displays. Brick or aged-drywall interior, dark-stained wooden flooring... Like a little taste of Old Ireland right in the middle of Yorkshire.

Last edited by Neko on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

I'll either move a modified Shadé in or...

Scratch that...
I'll create Sunni... so expect and edit soon... or not soon... whenever...
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Zander

Post by Zander »

If i were to move Matt here, would he be able to live in a regular house because hes rich? :3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Zander wrote:If i were to move Matt here, would he be able to live in a regular house because hes rich? :3
Yorkshire is all city, the only housing is town houses, apartments, or a living area above a store. Plus, I don't see Matt being a 'pet'. You understand the canon don't you?
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

I'll join!
Make Pasta not war.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

-reserves a spot-
-goes to make charactersheet-
Neko

Post by Neko »

I'm not sure if I made this clear, but the RP won't start until I return. This gives everyone a Solid week to make a character (two is the max) And also plenty of time to have your character(s) 'connected' to other RPers characters, if they already live in Yorkshire. (Which I recommend highly) It'd be interesting to start the RP and characters already know each other, while new ones move in.
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Cool! Thx for the heads up.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I'll think about joining if I have time.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Alright, RockstarRaccoon brought up a good point on IRC.
And since I'm so lazy, I'm just gonna copy/paste our convo.
<@RockstarRaccoon> I guess I don't mind it being not so "pet friendly"
<@RockstarRaccoon> I think it might cut down character interaction though
<+Nekoyasha> depends
<+Nekoyasha> I guess I should post this somewhere but
<+Nekoyasha> before the PF laws there were always leash laws
<+Nekoyasha> so pets didn't necessarily got out much
<+Nekoyasha> but now they have been out for a few months
<+Nekoyasha> and pets can roam the city as long as long they have a collar and licensed tag
<+Nekoyasha> ..know what I'm sayin?
<@RockstarRaccoon> k
<+Nekoyasha> I'll make a post about it..
<+Nekoyasha> so if anything
<+Nekoyasha> pets will be eager to just romp around on their own
<@RockstarRaccoon> Well, what I mean is that in BsM, characters played video-games and rode skateboards and went to the mall and all that
<@RockstarRaccoon> If they're not like children...
<@RockstarRaccoon> then again, RV is like that, they get by
<@RockstarRaccoon> so I guess it'll be fine
<+Nekoyasha> Pets play games too
<+Nekoyasha> Catch, Frisbee
<+Nekoyasha> not to mention you could just explore the city
<+Nekoyasha> stores, the mall w/e

I'm going to add this to the Canon,(not the convo obviously) just basically that Pet's would be more eager to hang out and stuff. They can play fetch, catch, Frisbee, outdoor games, board games and I guess owners could let their pets use their game consoles. Not to mention you can explore around the city, which will be molded by all of the Rper's in the neighborhood. I specifically left it undetailed so that you can make it into what you want(nothing drastic) Just remember that there is a forest on one side of the city, with factories on the outskirts around the city.

EDIT: Added into the canon and added "Pet Activities" to notes and concerns.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Mah YsF pet!

I can has this color?
Neko

Post by Neko »

JOFOXX wrote:Mah YsF pet!

I can has this color?
Approved, and yes that color is fine. Nice Store layout & guide btw.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

<-- 's gonna make a sheet

store however=Pizzeria =3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Neko

Post by Neko »

bollythewolf wrote:CHECK THIS OUT
Nice sheet, It's approved and the color's fine.
Neko

Post by Neko »

I can has this color?
I looked at your store again and realized you have no kitchen. Maybe change the huge storage room into a small dining area? Stove, sink, fridge, small counter space and a table? If not your characters are going to be eating out all the time :p (Actually, your character would probably eat kibble, your owner would eat take out! :P)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Amagad!

Heehee
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Tobee wrote:Amagad!

Heehee
You fixed the issue I told you about so...Everything looks good, color is fine. Approved.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Yay! Rawrawr tyty! :3
Alex

Post by Alex »

Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Neko

Post by Neko »

Looks good, colors fine, Approved.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Alright everyone, I'm about to leave. Gotta pack my laptop into our camping trailer, and finish packing. I'd like to say I'd be able to check in over my vacation but I really doubt it. So, have fun making characters(only up to two), get to know other people joining, and feel free to join the IRC chat (#YsF) there are already members hanging out there. I'll see you all next Friday (possibly Saturday cause we might get back super late)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Neko wrote:

I can has this color?
I looked at your store again and realized you have no kitchen. Maybe change the huge storage room into a small dining area? Stove, sink, fridge, small counter space and a table? If not your characters are going to be eating out all the time :p (Actually, your character would probably eat kibble, your owner would eat take out! :P)
Hmm... The storage is needed for the store...

I'll edit something.

FIXED
DarkHeartsAndSuch

it took me leaving the house to realize i had erred in placement...

Sunni
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Hey! I'm new to the forums here, but not as new to RPing. Though, I will admit the roleplaying on this forum is unlike any other I've seen before! So, in short, I'd really like to try my hand at it. I'll go and submit and character sheet and what have you, and then post it here.

I'm looking forward to this! I haven't had a GOOD roleplay in quite some time!
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
Neko

Post by Neko »

Hey everyone this the only. Me I'm goin t be postin from my tri.p . Anyway I thought of another character. To put it short its gonna be a pup in the pound. I already thought of how he would get adopted by someone but I'm not sure if anyone would want tl do it instead. If not I'll go thro with my plan. See u all friday
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Neko wrote:Hey everyone this the only. Me I'm goin t be postin from my tri.p . Anyway I thought of another character. To put it short its gonna be a pup in the pound. I already thought of how he would get adopted by someone but I'm not sure if anyone would want tl do it instead. If not I'll go thro with my plan. See u all friday
Possible translation...

"Hey everyone, this the only time I'm going to be posting from my trip. Anyway I thought of another character. To put it short, its gonna be a pup in the pound. I already thought of how he would get adopted by someone, but I'm not sure if anyone would want to do it instead. If not I'll go through with my plan. See you all friday."

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Yes thanks dark. Hard to post on broken phone. See u all friday
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Sounds good. I'm pretty excited about this. I'm JUST finishing up my profile and will be posting it probably within the hour.. I'm not really sure how to link to a specific post, though, so I'm not sure how to post my profile here.

I'll put it in the Main Thread, and try to figure it out from there. ><

DarkHeartsAndSuch

LucidDarkness wrote:Sounds good. I'm pretty excited about this. I'm JUST finishing up my profile and will be posting it probably within the hour.. I'm not really sure how to link to a specific post, though, so I'm not sure how to post my profile here.

I'll put it in the Main Thread, and try to figure it out from there. ><
to link it, right click on the little circle with the blue arrow in it at the top of the post, and choose, copy link.

RP Characters
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:to link it, right click on the little circle with the blue arrow in it at the top of the post, and choose, copy link.
Wow. Thank you so much! I was going crazy trying to figure that out! xD

LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

SUCCESS (I hope ><)

Introducing:
Leopold O'Malley!

Woo!

Neko

Post by Neko »

Had to post this. I think we are getting to many stores need more variety. Town houses apartment complex. Everyone with. A store now is finbutwe need more variety. Also we need more females we have like only one right now lol. So new people or characters try to make a girl and avoid store please unlesyoure really set on it. Thanks
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Neko wrote:Had to post this. I think we are getting to many stores need more variety. Town houses apartment complex. Everyone with. A store now is finbutwe need more variety. Also we need more females we have like only one right now lol. So new people or characters try to make a girl and avoid store please unlesyoure really set on it. Thanks

"Had to post this. I think we are getting too many stores need more variety. Town houses or in the apartment complex.* Everyone with a store now is fine but we need more variety. Also we need more females, we have like only one right now, lol. So new people or characters, try to make a girl and avoid stores please unless you're really set on it. Thanks."

* I'm not sure there...

RP Characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I was actually in the middle of making a girl character. Also, I'm thinking of transferring Tobias from Oasis Towers to Yorkshire Fields.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Neko wrote:Had to post this. I think we are getting to many stores need more variety. Town houses apartment complex. Everyone with. A store now is finbutwe need more variety. Also we need more females we have like only one right now lol. So new people or characters try to make a girl and avoid store please unlesyoure really set on it. Thanks
I noticed this. What's so appealing about having a store anyway...? I mean, I have one, but I just... did it. It wasn't like I was "OMG A STORE MUST HAVE"

LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

"I think we are getting too many stores. We need more variety, like town houses or in the apartment complex." Is what I think it was supposed to be like..

If you need me to edit where my character lives, I can. I'd rather not, if I can avoid it, but it'd be easy enough to make into an apartment.
But I'd REALLY rather not be a female.. It's not that I can't play one, I just only plan on having one character. :/

*Edit* And there was no particular reason why I made my place into a store... It just seemed like the kind of place the family would stay..

DarkHeartsAndSuch

No one was asking you to, Lucid. That message was mainly for the new people joining or people making another character...

RP Characters
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Oh, I know. I wasn't taking it as an attack. I was just offering to change if we felt it needed to. :)