OOC: Lounging Around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: OOC: Lounging Around

Post by CyberDragon »

I know it's my turn, but dad recruited me to help build a patio. I'll post once I'm done with that.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

:shock:
Who in their right mind builds a prosthesis with a steam pressure shunt right next to exposed wiring? even ignoring the damage a short could do, thats practically asking for the vapor to get electrolyzed and cause a hydrogen buildup. who's his mechanic, Tim Taylor?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Name: Miles

Species: Ghost Tabby

Appearance: Since Miles is a ghost, he doesn't have many noteable features. He is pure white, or about fifty percent transparent, and has a very slight glow around him. Almost like a dying glow stick. Miles is also slightly short for a pet.

Personality: Miles is very very shy. To the point of staying out of sight almost entirely. That has had a drawback though, lately he's become very lonely and is dying to have some social interaction. That is if he can hold a conversation with a living being without scaring them out of their wits that is! Not that he isn't a likeable person, people can't get over the fact that a real ghost is trying to talk to a real person!

Other: Miles is a ghost as a result of an accident on the way to a vet visit. As such, Miles often coughs every now and then. Miles feels that, while not a punishment, he feels like he has to do something in order for him to fully pass on. What he doesn't know. Miles is also a bit dissapointed that turning a ghost isn't all it's cracked up to be. Other then turning invisible, he isn't too happy about the situation. Added: While Miles may not have any real power. He can learn them. And he can scare. He's very good in the "special effects" department of scaring. Miles also has some very good mental abilities. Which he doesn't really use that much.

Miles is currently an angelic being, thanks to events transpiring in Applegate and his desire to help. He can wield powerful white magic, shape based tools and traps(boxes, spheres, triangles, etc). He also no longer has his cold he died with.

SPECIAL

Strength - 2
"I can't even imagine l-lifting something like that."

Perception - 7
"Oh. Right, right. S-sure, let's l-leave it at th-that."

Endurance - 3
"Ooof, hey, *cough* wait up!"

Charisma - 5
"Wait! Please! Please don't, run! I just wanna, sigh."

Intelligence - 9
"I th-think I've b-been around l-long enough to kn-know
better."

Agility - 4
"J-jump? Are y-you serious?"

Luck – 4
"Table! Chair! Desk lamp! Is there anything I WON'T run
into?"
He's in need of a rather stiff drink and some jovial company considering his world is about to go up in flames and there's nothing he can do about it.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

welcome aboard. carbonated drinks are in the glass-doored fridge behind the counter.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Thank you!

Color: This
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the void reacts to thoughts, so, if the others go out there, bits of their worlds might start to form. which now that I think about it might actually be more interesting than hanging out and chatting... i probably should have introduced this sooner.

>.<
Deske

Post by Deske »

Hmmm... What do AI think about...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

electric sheep ?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm thinking of bringing back one of my favourite characters from a dead RP, Pepito.
What do you think, Buster?
Name: Pepito Diego Rodriguez

Neighbourhood: 17CF

Species:
Brown Rat

Appearance: Pepito is tiny for a rat. He was obviously the runt of his litter and even full grown the top of his head barely reaches an average rat's shoulder. Aside from his size, he too has the typical appearance of a brown rat except for a slight semicircular notch on the top of his left ear courtesy of an uncomfortably close encounter with a cat.

Personality/back story: Pepito is one lucky rat. Born in a colony on a Spanish ship, everyone thought he was going to die as he was born so small. He managed to pull through although he was never as strong or as big as his siblings, or indeed, as anyone else in the colony. He quickly found himself at the bottom of the hierarchy due to his size. However, it didn’t take him long to work out how to use his size to his advantage. Being so light he’s incredibly fast and being so small he can easily remain innocuous and undetected. Despite being uninvolved in the bulk of the rats’ food raids, Pepito found from a young age that he was easily able to feed himself from better food than the other rats since he could reach places in the captain’s quarters and in the galley that no other rat could without being seen. He grew up well fed but lonely, shunned as he was by the other rats partly due to his size and partly due to their jealously. Unfortunately for the colony, but fortunately for Pepito, their ship was wrecked during a storm. Most of the colony went down with the ship, unable to escape in time due to the rapidity of the ship’s foundering. Thanks to Pepito’s speed though, he was able to cling to a bit of driftwood until during that same storm he was thrown by a wave onto the deck of the Impudence. Seizing the opportunity, Pepito scrambled below decks where he was confronted by Tackle, the 2IC of the Impudence's bilgerats. Fortunately Tackle spoke enough Spanish that the two could understand each other, although he was a bit rusty. The two became fast friends and Tackle began to think of Pepito as a kind of student, teaching him English and staff fighting among a few other skills. Soon Pepito was accepted into the Bilgerats where, with Tackle’s help, he finally found a home.

Pepito is superstitious, as many sailors are, although he’s not entirely sure which superstitions he should follow so he uses a bit of all of the superstitious he knows, just in case. He believes in luck and given his upbringing he has good reason to. This sometimes earns him odd looks from the other rats, Tackle included, but Pepito doesn’t mind, especially since, although he won’t admit it, Tackle shares a few of Pepito’s beliefs.

Other notes: Having spent his entire life at sea, Pepito suffers from Mal de Debarquement, a condition which means that his inner ear is unable to adapt to the lack of motion when he's on solid ground. This means he can't gain his balance and he suffers from a headache, ringing in the ears and a sick stomach and he struggles to stand or walk.

Stats: S3, P5, E6, C5, I7, A8, L8
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

sure go ahead, though the lack of moving terrain may not be the most comfortable for him.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well if he sits on someone else then he's okay since people are never still.
Otherwise I'm sure with all the tech the barman can rig up something to simulate movement for him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Plus the betting on races between him and Flash...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash would win a sprint, but Pepito would win a marathon. Flash moves in a blur, but can't sustain it for too long.

I'm half considering bringing in another rodent of mine who never got to debut because Apollo City froze.
-Champion Motto

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Pretty sure though, the place sounds like it could compensate for such a disease? OR even "cure" it even if temporary? I mean, considering how technologically advanced the place is?

By the way, was the angel's drink ever poured into the glass?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yeah, it was mentioned in the post from june 29th.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Can anyone enter while the door is set to "void" or do I need to wait?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:Can anyone enter while the door is set to "void" or do I need to wait?
Well, as 17th C is gone, he's in a bit of a void anyway...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

It's not set to void, it's disconnected from the frame. Both ends can wander right now, so you might pop out on the stage or from the washroom door or upstairs.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay. This could be fun!
Does anyone have a plate of food in front of them at the moment?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

No, but give me a few minutes...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I'm just thinking what old or new characters I should bring on in. Too many, yet too few says me brain.
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:Name: Sunny Briggs

Character Type: Main Character

Color: #BF0040
Neighborhood: Richmond Acres

Species: Dog, Golden Labrador Retriever

Backstory: Sunny Briggs was born the runt of the litter. Due to complications at birth, he almost perished but he fortunately survived. The family cat, Luna, eventually became his best friend and he views her as his parent.

The Briggs family was an adventrous family, but after years of traveling and many incidents with Sunny, decided to move to Richmond Acres.

Picture: N/A Will probably make later

Appearance: Has the standard golden coat of a labrador with hazel eyes. Wears a red plaid scarf that belonged to his mother around his neck, and is missing the tip of his right ear.

Personality: Very optimistic, always tries to stay positive. very energetic and somewhat of a little troublemaker though well intentioned. Is very loyal to those he befriends and is rather protective of Luna, friends and family.

Strengths: Is a very good swimmer.

Weaknesses: Very gullable, easily tricked.

Other Notes-
-Due to complications at birth, despite his age, he has the mind of a puppy.
-Loves to play games and run.
-Theme Song: Celebration by Kool and the Gang

Strength- 3
Perception- 5
Endurance- 7
Charisma-6
Intelligence- 3
Agility- 8
Luck- 10
Throwing in the optmistic, charasmatic, energetic dog puppy known as Sunny Briggs! Reportin at the OOC Lounge ^~^
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sure come on in.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Can I get another character in here? He's a rat that I never got to play with in Apollo City.
Character Name: Pascal

Color: This

Type: secondary

Species/Breed: Lab Rat Chimera

Neighborhood: Apollo City

Appearance: Pascal used to be a rather large and bulky standard white lab rat with red eyes. This bulk was due to the fact that under his skin is a carapace made of a material similar to an abalone shell. This shell gives him extraordinary durability and strength that is fairly high for a mouse. The shell however clearly doesn’t protect his skin, as there are some major scars all over his body, and even areas where his skin and fur are gone and his carapace can be seen underneath. Specifically, the carapace is exposed on his chest, shoulders, spine, knees, and patches on his arms. Because he was an experiment with genetic manipulation, he also glows in the dark. It was a tracking gene that identified which subjects had been modified.

Personality: A bit overconfident and something of a showoff, his near-invulnerability has definitely gone to his head. Not by too much, though, as he knows from his scars that he can still feel pain when injured. He also has something of a code of honor, as he will assist people who have helped him in the past.

Other notes: Pascal was a lab rat at the company Tom and Beta work for. He escaped however, but was injured in the process as his shell hadn’t yet fully developed. Beta found him, and he fully believed the tiger would just eat him without a second thought. Beta, however, nursed the rat back to health instead and released him once he got better. Pascal never forgot this gesture, and swore that he would return the favor.

Over time, Pascal has received a number of injuries, some of which in the process of helping friends and saving other mice. After each injury, he gets back up and moves on. It doesn’t matter if he was run over by a car or struck with a golf club.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 8 (“It helps not having to worry about breaking bones when lifting heavy things.”)
- Perception: 6 (“These ears aren’t for show.”)
- Endurance: 10 (“I’ve been chewed up and spat back out. Along with half that cat’s teeth.”)
- Charisma: 4 (“Eh, if you don’t like me… whatever. I’ll do me and you can’t stop that.”)
- Intelligence: 5 (“I saw a lot of science stuff as a baby. Then again, I also took a lot of blows to the head.”)
- Agility: 4 (“I swear, my weight and slowness is JUST because of this heavy shell.”)
- Luck: 5 (“I’ve had good moments. I’ve had bad moments. They balance out.”)
Last edited by CyberDragon on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

as long as you don't try to use anyone from BOH, since this would bring you up to the three character limit again.
Last edited by Buster on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I only have Flash and Deus currently in this RP, and Deus is a secondary character.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yeah, i know, i rewrote that when i remembered that whats her name... ice arm girl, can't remember her name right now, isn't here anymore. brainfart.

for some reason i had it in my head she was still there...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eira.

BoH is active enough that I don't need to bring her in here. I put her in the lounge because I thought she wasn't being used enoughwhile she was in RGV. I won't have more than 3 characters in the lounge at a time.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I just had the strangest thought. Miles and Pepito are from different times and places in the same world, only Pepito was alive about 300 years before Miles.
Wouldn't it be interesting if Miles had met Pepito's future dead self in heaven and he's now meeting the still alive past Pepito?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

IamJackieChun wrote:...because he's going to run out of steam soon, and that's putting it lightly".

Okay, i realize you can't tell from my current form, shapeshifter and all, but i'm a freaking TREE. Left to our own devices, we kinda outlast everything. try again.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hey. Can someone prompt me or something? Right now I've got nothing to do and no one to respond to.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

sorry, don't have any suggestions...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

sorry for the repeat post, but given sunny was added ages ago yet still hasn't been used, consider him ejected (someone else can take his spot).

that said, i'm not against ejected characters returning as long as there's a spot open and you ask first.

also the only person who i actually know why they haven't posted this week is CD. anything i can help with?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Nobody has addressed my characters and I'm currently too busy to think of something from nothing. If someone could prompt Flash, Pascal, or Deus, I would appreciate it. Pascal has a bunch of interesting things about him, but no one struck up any conversation with him.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

What's he currently doing? Miguel's not really doing anything.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well, i know two of them are eating...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Yeah, they're pretty much just eating. They aren't doing anything significant right now.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:Nobody has addressed my characters and I'm currently too busy to think of something from nothing. If someone could prompt Flash, Pascal, or Deus, I would appreciate it. Pascal has a bunch of interesting things about him, but no one struck up any conversation with him.
I'm stuck until xhunter posts again. I guess he must be busy lately. Maybe you could poke him, Buster?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Thanks, Deske!
-Champion Motto

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Hey, this RP, still accepting new players? I'm planning in joining.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?