Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

Post by CyberDragon »

We have two speedsters. One is an NPC, and one is controlled by Rook.

If you make a character sheet, and it is good and follows all of the rules, regulations, and requirements specified in the opening post of the OOC, then I will consider it.

Keep in mind though that I am fairly strict about who I let into this RP. This is not from a desire to make this game exclusive, but rather it has to do with the fact that this game is hard to keep up with as it is. Writing my posts for this game sometimes takes around three hours to respond to everyone.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

for some reason youtube decided to recommend this old thing to watch next after a bunch of cute kitten videos (i really don't understand how that thing links things together sometimes) and i had to find a way to work it into a post.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I’m calling it now, Old Jaken is Present Jaken from the future after he’s adopted by Rika. Not sure how he got here though.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I think I'm scrapping my old character sheet, I just don't want to do... Oh great, was it Alan or Alain, already forgot, anyways I am scrapping my old character sheet for... Something else
I hope you don't mind a new speedster,
Name: Nathaniel Jay
Codename: Lightspeed
Color: BF00FF
Species: Cardinal, rabbit, and cat chimaera
Appearance: blue body, brown legs, red wings, green eyes, two feet and five inches tall, skinny, cat ears, large bird wings, and the tail of a cottontail, wears green anti-friction boots. Thin fur that rarely grows. Wrapped around a bad scar, he has a piece of platinum armor, coated on the inside with fur, and a crossbow on top as a means of defense.
Personality: Energetic, kind, dislikes dancing, likes grilled pineapple juice, likes board games, easily amused. Doesn't overlook things very much but instead underlooks. imaginative. Likes archery
Powers: Super speed, mach 1. Super flight, he can flap his wings very fast due to his super speed at about Mach Two
SPECIAL:
Strength: 6
Perception: 6
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 5
Intelligance: 6
Agility: 10
Luck: 4
Powers: 5
Other Notes: Nathaniel is a chimaera who was experimented on by Zevian, a highly advanced race from a planet which had sentient versions of earth creatures, scientists in space, when plutonium waste exploded in the reactor, there were no survivors except Nathaniel, who had obtained super speed. He wants to go on the beacon of hope in search of a new home, albeit in space. He was originally a cottontail, got a bad cut on his arm when they tried merging him, a cardinal, and a cat, due to the cat scratching him; it never healed, hence the arm cover. Always has a crossbow. He is bad at English from a Zevian standpoint, they are usually highly fluent in various languages but he always mistakes 6 & 9 and spells friends with the e before i. Unlike other Zevian creatures, he cannot perceive the wider spectrum of color that most Zevians can, most likely related to the explosion of the reactor
Weakness: Running barefoot. Dense air, it slows him down and hurts him if he tries running too fast and damages his wings which brings us to weakness three, he can't fly with broken wings.
Neighborhood: Beacon of Hope
Oh, umm… should I have a starting location or something? I mean, he doesn't just appear in the beacon of hope.
Starting location…?: stranded somewhere unfriendly.
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

You're going to need some more detail, particularly in the powers category. For example, how fast can he go? Technically at power level 5, you don't need a weakness, but one is always good to include. You need to be more specific with the power description so I can decide if it matches with the power level you specified.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Do I need to slow him down? Also, I was debating giving him molecular vibration, moving through things.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Definitely needs slowing down. According to this, he runs at Mach 14,567 (14,567 times the speed of sound). Our other speedster can reach Mach 10 and is power level 6. Super speed with a power level of 5 would be limited probably to the speed of sound, or Mach 1.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and now i cant make jokes about there being a red spandex jumpsuit in his locker...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Huh? Who?

I'm still calling it the Bacon of Hope, nothing can stop it. At least it isn't inBold Italic Dark Red
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Barry Allen
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

To see what he means, choose a theme. 1990 or modern ((Modern has no titles as they don't do that sort of thing any more...)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:To see what he means
Seriously? you've known me this long and you're still getting it backwards?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:To see what he means
Seriously? you've known me this long and you're still getting it backwards?
Sorry. This pc's a bit odd. Sometimes it misses out letters or spaces and I don't notice. Apols.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:To see what he means, choose a theme. 1990 or modern ((Modern has no titles as they don't do that sort of thing any more...)
still does not help.

I have an obsession with Bold Italic Dark Red
Rp characters
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hawkfang42 wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:To see what he means, choose a theme. 1990 or modern ((Modern has no titles as they don't do that sort of thing any more...)
still does not help.

I have an obsession with Bold Italic Dark Red
They are talking about you going at the speeds of the Flash from DC comics... which by the way, they had to make up a concept that explains how he can survive at those speeds which doesn’t exist in our world, so take that as you will
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay… but Nat Jay just has shoes, air friction is less of a worry to him, but running at Mach 1 barefoot with cat feet is not a good idea

edit: can someone catch me up to speed about what's going on, or would that have to be condensed into a novel?

Edit number II: What else do I need to add, Cyber? Do I need to add more details to Nat? What should I call him?
Rp characters
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Quick question, if I wanted a character to have a weapon they always carried around, where would I put that in the character sheet? For example, I wanted Nathaniel Jay to have a crossbow as part of something around his arm. Actually, I kind of want to add stuff to him now that I think about it.
Rp characters
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

EDIT: Re-Did the ENTIRE sheet

Character Name: Hawk Redsky
Color: [color=##0040BF]#0040BF[/color]
Type: Main
Species/Breed: Wolf/"Other Being"
*It's name has no known translation among any species*
Code Name: Phoenix
Born: Nebula Prime but emigrated to Earth at a young age
Neighborhood: Beacon Of Hope but prefers to stay on his ship

Powers: Regeneration (But it comes at a cost: Every time he regenerates, the pain he receives during said regeneration is multiplied 10 fold so a simple knife wound can feel like a hit from a .50 cal), An expert shot and re-loader* with any weapon due to his past with the military (his main armaments are two revolvers but he doesn't mind using other weapons if need be), and can change into the "Other Being".
*The way he reloads is that his Other Being forms the needed ammo for his weapons. For example: If he runs out for his revolver, he swings the cylinder open and rounds form out of his skin and into the cylinder*

Weakness: While a way to fully kill Hawk has been a mystery for years as he survived many a fatal blow and accident, it has been known that ammo consisting of Sulfuric Acid is powerful enough to not only eat way his skin to the point of appearing like a walking skeleton with hanging flesh, but can prevent regeneration of his body for a good bit, allowing for all damage from any weapon to actually affect him.

Appearance: As a wolf, Hawk stands 6'0" and has fur the color of the night sky with hints of silver and with eyes a striking shade of green. His "Other Being", on the other hand, is a mystery to many as not many have lived to describe it. Those that have seen it say it's something out of a nightmare, describing a being with Chrome-like skin, razor sharp claws and teeth, and blood-red eyes.

Personality: Hawk is very thoughtful and, at times, a gentleman with his dictation, although only to those he's wasn't hunting or killing (if one were to use a pop-culture example to describe him, then he would be similar to Alucard from Helsing). When he was doing the later i.e killing or hunting targets, he is known to be very callous towards his enemies. The Other Being, on the other hand is, again, a mystery as Hawk only unleashes him in emergencies and, when he does, it has been described as the most violent persona of him...but you wouldn't think that at first if you would to hear it speak, as many describe it as machine-like, but almost peaceful and caring, which is a far cry from what the being is and can do.

Other notes: Hawk doesn't ever bring up his past as he quote "Left the past in the past and left it to die" though there have been theories about. Many speculate he was part of the military group that was attacked on Nebula Prime years ago with only one survivor while others speculate he was the one who killed the group. While it is true he was part of Earth's military in his youth (which is where said speculation originates from), any connections to that group in particular remains a mystery as any info on him seems to be either lost or unavailable to the public. One thing that is known is that before he became a hunter, he was part of a group called The White Circle who is said to have went up against an inter-dimensional demon on a derelict ship located in the Taurus Quadrant. Other then that, the only other thing that many do knew is that he was considered to be the galaxy's deadliest bounty hunter...although nowadays he's retired from Bounty Hunting after his last contract made him re-question everything up to that point. He was ready to call it quits fully and just live out his life on a tropical planet when he remembers hearing about a group calling themselves The Champions stationed on The Beacon Of Hope. Thus why he came to the ship...he wants to reignite the hero within and become who he feels he should've been from the start.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 7
- Perception: 5
- Endurance: 6
- Charisma: 6
- Intelligence: 6
- Agility: 5
- Luck: 6
- Power: 7
Last edited by SeanWolf on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Ok, there are a couple of issues that need to be addressed:

First of all, I don't even have to count your stats to know you have too many. You are allowed 46 points (8 X 6) to distribute between them.

Second, Lycanthropy and Werewolfism are two of the only powers in this universe that actually do have a set of rules associated with them: Lycans are a species of anthropomorphic canine on Earth with the ability to use specialized muscles to shape their bodies in order to disguise themselves as humans. Werewolves, it has been stated in game, are humans (or admittedly any sentient species) that is cursed to turn into a mindless beast under certain circumstances. Werewolves are a bit more flexible.

Third, Hivemind has very little tolerance for bounty hunters on his ship. One of the reasons for this is that if a criminal hasn't been caught by him or the champions yet, odds are Hivemind wants it that way for one reason or another. There needs to be a good reason why he is there.

Fourth, the weakness for the Cyber Werewolf form needs to be something that enemies can exploit to get past the power or reduce it's effectiveness. Loosing mental control isn't considered a valid weakness in this game since it doesn't reduce the power's effectiveness, it makes the character a problem for the other characters if said mental control is lost.

Finally, due to some problems we've had in the past with people joining only to vanish soon after, I'm afraid I only allow people into this game after they've been playing in one or more of the other RPs in this forum for a period of time.

Hawkfang42 wrote:Okay… but Nat Jay just has shoes, air friction is less of a worry to him, but running at Mach 1 barefoot with cat feet is not a good idea

edit: can someone catch me up to speed about what's going on, or would that have to be condensed into a novel?

Edit number II: What else do I need to add, Cyber? Do I need to add more details to Nat? What should I call him?
As for you, Hawkfang42, I didn't realize you changed your sheet until just now. Sorry, I've been quite busy lately. I'll see if I can address things:

For your sheet, could you elaborate further on his weaknesses? Running barefoot is fairly obvious I suppose, but why is cold/being cold a weakness? What does the cold do to his powers?

In addition to that, having a Charisma (personality) score of 2 doesn't make much sense for an energetic and kind character. You should redistribute some points to his Charisma score.

Next, for super speed of Power level 5, you need to have an Agility score of 10. After all, you need to reach peak human speed before you can go to superhuman speed.

As for catching you up to speed on what's going on, it might be easier for you to read the last ten or so pages, but I'll do my best.

Right now the team is on a planet called Celica, home to the fox-like race of people known as Celicans. They are there mainly to investigate an attempted assassination/attempted kidnapping that occurred a few days ago on Earth that originated from Celica. When they got there, they found Celica was under attack by an invading fleet of Varanian ships. Varanians are a reptilian race known for being aggressive and for hunting, killing, and eating pretty much anything that moves, including people.

The team went down to the surface of the planet and helped repel the invaders and rescue the population of the Capitol City of Celica. After evacuating the city, the leader of the Varanians referred to as the Warlord showed up. The team fought the Warlord by using the Predator drone as a sort of Megazord/Metal Gear mechanical war vehicle to enhance their powers. As they fought, the Warlord started to become possessed by the archdemon of greed and tried to consume the souls of the population of Celica before the Champion known as Titan showed up and punched the Warlord out of existence, freeing the souls the Warlord had trapped.

After a bunch of supernatural stuff happened with the ghosts of the people the Warlord killed, the team moved on. Currently they are in a partly destroyed weapons manufacturing complex and are about to confront whatever mutant monster the Celican military has been working on creating.
Hawkfang42 wrote:Quick question, if I wanted a character to have a weapon they always carried around, where would I put that in the character sheet? For example, I wanted Nathaniel Jay to have a crossbow as part of something around his arm. Actually, I kind of want to add stuff to him now that I think about it.
If there isn't anything special about the crossbow, then you would put it in "Other Notes" I believe. If the crossbow has special abilities, it needs to go into Powers. If it goes into Powers, I will need to determine if any changes to your weaknesses and power level are needed.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Okay… isn't it 48 points, mister Cyber? Anyways, shouldn't I have the crossbow in appearance due to it being something you would always see?
Rp characters
Deske

Post by Deske »

Appearance is generally for how your character looks. If the crossbow is purely aesthetic, then it'd go in Appearance. Otherwise, it should probably go in Notes.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hawkfang42 wrote:Okay… isn't it 48 points, mister Cyber? Anyways, shouldn't I have the crossbow in appearance due to it being something you would always see?
... Shoot, you're right. It is 48 points.

I can do Math! Just not always. :P

Anyway, it may be something that you can see, but since it has more use than simply appearance, it would go in Other Notes. That doesn't mean it can't also go in appearance.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Just an FYI, if no one says otherwise, Kolt and Quint are going to go straight to killing these things. They’ve dealt with what they would call Bio-Tinker creations before, and they view ending them as a mercy.
Also, someday someone WILL ask about all these power classifications I’ve been mentioning.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:Just an FYI, if no one says otherwise, Kolt and Quint are going to go straight to killing these things. They’ve dealt with what they would call Bio-Tinker creations before, and they view ending them as a mercy.
Well, Jenny's just brought up the gun which was effective against their troopers. She's not wanting to kill but she'd rather have the bst weapon to hand.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Just so you both know, these things aren't just Celican + Varanian. And the "other" category is pretty important here.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

So higher firepower is definitely called for.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

So I’m guessing this is going to be the first chance I get to break out Lethal Mode, huh?

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

At some point in the fight, probably.

Also, shoot. I forgot to put something in my last post. Give me a minute.

EDIT: I've edited my post. I've decided that if someone doesn't respond by the time I need to make my next post, rather than things getting held up I will simply place their last prompt in a quote at the end of the post so that it doesn't get forgotten and it doesn't require any searching to remember where you left off.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Priority characters done. I'll do the others (if I think of things for them to do) tomorrow morning.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

What to do, what to do, what to do? What do I need to add?
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hawk....

Chocolate cake is not a weakness...
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:Hawk....

Chocolate cake is not a weakness...
Okayyyy… but it is to the Scarlet Speedster, the Flash.
Rp characters
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Apols. Made error in base layout.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Quick question, would I have to specifically put in powers if Nat can fly with his wings?
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Probably would be a good idea to jot it down in there. If it's regular flight like any other regular flying animal, then it's optional. If it's super fast flight or something beyond the natural limits for most animals, then it definitely needs to be included.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

How fast should Nat's flight be, I was thinking at least a little faster than his ground speed. How about Mach Two
Rp characters
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

What else do I need, Cyber?
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Sorry. I've been busy.

I suppose Mach 2 for flight is fine. As for it's weakness, wings are typically fragile, so I suppose you can say the weakness for his flight is he can't fly if his wings are injured.

As for anything else I can think of, there isn't anything specific that needs adding. That said, how do you plan on introducing him? He isn't on the Beacon yet, so he won't be interacting with anyone there. Most of the players are in a military compound being stalked by monsters, so he won't start of interacting with them. There are a couple of people outside the military compound, but it would be sort of random for Nathaniel to show up there.

Also, I do have to ask: Are you sure you want to join just yet? Beacon of Hope is a very difficult game to understand sometimes. It has 78 pages of world building that has gone into it, and the rules of it's reality can get... very complicated. There's emotional aspects, glitching physics, real physics, demons, demigods, and zombies in the same setting as space ships and aliens. Then there's rules to gameplay like no "auto-hitting" (ask me in PM if you don't know what that means), power limiters on the Beacon itself, and the ability to monitor any injuries your character takes. Not to mention, the game is very active, and I can't help but notice you haven't posted in RA for a little over a week. This game typically is active every day. I just want to make sure that you know what you are going into because I want everyone to have fun.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I was thinking he might be stuck in the compound after ages of being traded between aliens after the accident.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I... suppose that could work. He wouldn't be on this level though, since almost everything was killed there by the monsters. Maybe on the next level down.

I suppose you're approved, but please wait until the team is done with what they are doing before you join. I will let you know when it's a good time.
-Champion Motto