HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: PF:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by MrNeonShot »

Have you seen my house?
Torches... Torches EVERYWHERE!
But Koa isn't around to complain, so Tesla, Sixtoes, or Oreo may need to speak up.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:I kind of agree with Corgi. It would be nice for everyone to have one but Hutch having 20 torches is a bit unbelievable.

Oreo doesn't have a flashlight.

Also in RL.. 3 flashlight's (one in each bathroom.). Two magnetic shake lights. two battery powered lanterns.
A flashlight on the computer, beside the bed, one in the junk room.
SO I have 10 light producers in my RL house.... An a big powerful industrial gas powered generator.
I have experienced a lot of power outages. An many candles..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You know, come to think of it, my family has quite a few too. We have them a)for power cuts and b) because we used to go camping every summer.
Well, I suppose Hutch might conceivably have them after all.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Okay, I know it sounds crazy, especially when I mentioned I'll be less active in the next couple of weeks, but is there any open slots in RA? I sort of wanted to revive an old character of mine.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I believe we have spots. Ask Esper.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You're in luck. RA has 1, possibly two slots left from the information Esper has given me for the new OOC.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

You need at least two sources of light and more is better for every caver and they should be waterproof that's what these ziplock bags are for so no you can't have mine I mean I've got good night vision it's a weasel thing but it's darker in there than you'd believe.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:You know, come to think of it, my family has quite a few too. We have them a)for power cuts and b) because we used to go camping every summer.
Well, I suppose Hutch might conceivably have them after all.
Now how many actually work? An how many have dead batteries. Anyone have extra batteries ??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

XD That's about the long and short of it, Keeshah. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The player list is no longer accurate and needs to be redone, as my computer screwed it up the last time I tried. We have three total open spots, two of which have people who might occupy them
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Erm, so is that a yes or a no? :?

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That's a yes, Kuro. we have a slot. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Hey! They're giving game-masters custom titles now?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

When they become mods, yes. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Cool! So just post the character sheet here right? And how far should I read back on past posts? Is 5 pages adequate?

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Yes, only us mods can level up to paladin

Yes, 5 pages ought to be fine
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

There's a banner maker group, or did kuro make mod?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

There's a banner maker group. Whoever wins the competition to make the latest banned gets a "banner artist" tag until the next banner goes up.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

So I get to ban people? ;p Nah, just joking on the typo.

So anyway, here's the character. Suggestions for modifications are welcome, because I somewhat revamped the character.

Name
Felix Hart

Character Type
Main

Species
Domestic Cat

Neighborhood
Richmond Acres

Appearance
Felix has a lean build and an average height, with golden eyes. He has a ginger coat with white stripes running through horizontally across his back from an orange strip actoss, while his underbelly is pure white. The ends of his four limbs are also white in colour, halfway up his forearms and legs. Speckled here and there on his pelt are scars from injuries he had incurred, the most prominent one being a large diagonal slash across his chest. His tail is unusually fluffy and poofy though, and is completely ginger. He is mute, and he interacts with others by writing on a waterproof notepad that he always carries around with him. Because of this, he has a small sling bag like this to store his spare notepads and magic pens. He wears a black silicone rubber collar (leather scares him) and his tag is shaped like an eight-pointed star, yellow in colour.

Personality
Felix has a reserved nature, preferring not to talk (or in his case, write) to others he doesn't know and be a wallflower in social gatherings. However, once someone manages to break the ice tenderly with him, he will be more comfortable in having conversation with said individual and be less distant. To make up for his inability to speak, he writes very fast and beautifully in a conversation. He is a good listener by nature, and will try his best to help others with their own problems. Felix hates confrontations and fights, and will either run away from them or shut himself away by crouching in a corner. He also loves to read, and will spend his spare time reading a novel. He is okay with anyone who asks about his numerous scars, but one mention of his tail, and he’ll become catatonic.

Background
Felix used to be a nameless stray cat for the early three human years of his life, living in the alleyways of a city slum, barely surviving each day. He was abused physically and mentally by most of the slum residents, both human and animal, scarring him for life. One day, after a serious beating-up involving weapons by the local dog gang, his flesh wounds got infected with bacteria, and he caught a very strong fever. He was on the verge of dying when a young man named Samuel took him in and brought him for treatment. Felix was able to recover from the fever, but unfortunately his vocal cords are permanently damaged as a side-effect, thus making him mute. This didn't bother him at all though, and for the first time, he willingly opened himself up to the good Samaritan, agreeing instantly when asked to live with him. He was still traumatized by the horrible experience in the slums, but he’s making progress to move on with his life, and he certainly bears the name his Dad gave to him with pride; Felix, Latin for ‘luck and happiness’.

Other Notes
- He was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and requires daily intake of feline equivalents of anti-depressants.
- He still remembers methods on how to survive on the streets, though he prefers not to recall any of them.

SPECIAL
STR = 6
PER = 8
END = 4
CHA = 3
INT = 7
AGI = 7
LUC = 7

Colour #FF4000

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Copycat! XP I just made a 17 (5 y.o.) male cat character who's mute and has a tragic back story over in Sunset Plateau! :P

Heh, I think he looks good though. He'll be an interesting character to have here.

Thoughts, Esper?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

A: You both are copying my old character from BPS

B: I would really rather not have another shy brain running around, to be honest

EDIT: That sounds really dispassionate... When I say that I mean we already have a good deal of characters whose main character point is either their intelligence, or tragic backstory, while at the same time we have a major deficit in characters for whom physical strength is really even considered. I suppose being shy isn't really a character trait I need to pick at, but it makes your character seem a lot like the already existing Koa
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I edited my last post to have Piper respond to the arrival of the others. I misread Neons post just prior to mine. Sorry about that. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Esper wrote:A: You both are copying my old character from BPS

B: I would really rather not have another shy brain running around, to be honest

EDIT: That sounds really dispassionate... When I say that I mean we already have a good deal of characters whose main character point is either their intelligence, or tragic backstory, while at the same time we have a major deficit in characters for whom physical strength is really even considered. I suppose being shy isn't really a character trait I need to pick at, but it makes your character seem a lot like the already existing Koa
to be fair , depends on the writer , two characters with similar description might turn out to be quite different :) , and from what I've seen from kuro's other characters , I think he/she could distinct this character from the rest well enough .
As for the shy part , maybe it's only me , but....I think Koa is becoming less and less shy.
Finally the tragic back story , well ....yeah we do have a some characters with an unfortunate background , but.....is it THAT many ? I can only think of Koa , Hutch and Leslie when I think about tragic past ,Doc's past with his pack and the vixen already been settled , Aaron's friend Vera turns out to be alive , so no tragic there , Sixtoes is not even affected at all , mentally speaking anyway , when it comes to his past , neither is Blick with hers .
So.....yeah , in my opinion , only 3 of the characters , not counting Felix , have tragic past , is it really that much ? ^^"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, both Esper's and Hyper's opinions are sound to me. I guess tragic backstories and a physical disability are my, er, signature characteristics when developing characters. Though, I have to say that Felix is a rehash of one of my first two characters that I played like 3 years ago? Tuah from the now defunct Yorkshire Fields.

I'm okay with creating a different character to fill that roll. Maybe an intelligent yet dumb sports nut? Or a self-proclaimed die-hard fan of anime that is surprisingly not so knowledgable in all things anime and possesses extreme body strength?

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

That being, Serence, we still only have one or two characters who could actually do some kind of physical labor, as the main body of characters has developed over time to mainly include pets who are meant to be generally intellectual.

Kuro: that sounds fine, but I suppose you mean putting intelligence scores over wisdom scores when you say, "Intelligent but dumb?" Or is it the other way around?

Edit: oh, I forgot what setting I was talking about.. We don't have a wisdom score and this isn't DnD...
Argent

Post by Argent »

Well, I could try and bring Mister Badger in again. Strong, simple, worldly-wise, a bit of a rogue.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

I just noticed something.. Lucky is already using the suggested color Kuro wanted for Felix..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Esper wrote:That being, Serence, we still only have one or two characters who could actually do some kind of physical labor.

Moonbeam, Rocky, Senka, Doc.. All can an do heavy labor.
then again, there all the super sized pets as well.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Wait, are we at the Porter's house yet? Or at the park?
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote:Wait, are we at the Porter's house yet? Or at the park?

Let's just say were at the Porter's house now, to move things along a bit. ;)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Teleporting, Keeshah? :P
Now that everyone is back at the park I don't think it'll be hard to have everyone walk across without doing a mini time skip.
serence ice fox wrote:So.....yeah , in my opinion , only 3 of the characters , not counting Felix , have tragic past , is it really that much ? ^^"
How about Flynn? He was attacked and nearly killed by a fox in his past which makes it that much more difficult for him to deal with Nadia and Blick especially.
Esper wrote:That being, Serence, we still only have one or two characters who could actually do some kind of physical labor, as the main body of characters has developed over time to mainly include pets who are meant to be generally intellectual.
Piper is about as strong as a rabbit can be as a result of lifting and carrying things in the shop.
kurowolfe wrote:I'm okay with creating a different character to fill that roll. Maybe an intelligent yet dumb sports nut? Or a self-proclaimed die-hard fan of anime that is surprisingly not so knowledgable in all things anime and possesses extreme body strength?
I think, Kuro, the point is that Esper wants some characters with lower intelligence scores to give us a bit of variety.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

That brings up a question, as my memory is bad, how often to Doc or the two horses appear to take part in the story? Also, are the horses main characters or not? It would put you over the limit if they are, Keeshah

And yes, I am looking for more variety in the character types of active players here
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Doc used to be active enough but MarineFox was having computer problems and I'm not sure if he's managed to fix them or not. He gave Serence temporary control over Doc though so she may know more.

As to the horses, I think they're either minor or NPCs as the can't really gallivant around like the smaller pets.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

yes the last time I checked Keeshah decided that Moonbeam would probably become minor , Rocky has always been minor
Marines trying to get back here using his phone , but so far that isn't working out as well as we hoped ^^"
As for his character , Doc played a big part during Josh's rescue before the time skip , and he's pretty active before that , but since we already ended that part , I'm not sure what I should do with Doc anymore because I wouldn't want to change his personality too much ^^"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

How about this one?

Name
Celestina ‘Priya’ Hartmann

Species
Small Asian Mongoose

Appearance
Priya has a fairly thin and flexible build, and average height. She has bristly burgundy fur with gold-coloured specks all over her body, making it seem like her pelt is sprinkled with gold dust. Her tail is about half her height in length, with a pointed tip. She has small rounded ears like an otter’s and a pink nose. The most striking feature about her though is her eyes; bright amber in colour with black ovular pupils like a goat’s. To the uninitiated, her pupils would look like minus signs instead of the usual rounded shape.

She wears a long purple pashmina shawl wrapped around her shoulders and knotted in front of her stomach like so. At one end, a tag with the words “If found wandering around aimlessly, please say to her ‘Time to go home!” She always seems to have a diminutive smile on her muzzle. Another unusual thing about her is that despite how weak she looks, she is actually a very strong and thick-headed pet, possibly even stronger than males twice her size. Where she gets this strength is still a mystery.

Behaviour
In short, Priya is what most people would call an ‘extreme airhead’ or a ‘cuckoolander’. She lacks common sense, and would usually act in unconventional ways. For example, she gets lost in familiar places, and drinks water out of a jug instead of using a cup or something first. To get an apple hanging on a tree, she would headbutt against the tree truck to make it fall. A habit of hers is that she shakes the paw of other pets and then lick their paws as a way of greeting. She never gets upset even when others get angry or annoyed at her as a result of her weird actions, assuming that it’s natural for others to be mad at her all the time.

Also, even with her quirky ways of thinking, she is genuine and pure in her intentions, never holding any malice or distrust at anyone at all, becoming instant friends with those she meets. She also helps those in trouble whenever she can, though this may result in her getting in the way and making things worse.

Other Notes
- Her favourite snack is snake meat, though that is hard to come by.
- She talks with an airy voice.
- Her owner, Rubens Hartmann, is a small-time writer. He is aware of his daughter’s quirks, and of some people's negative aversion towards mongooses as a pest, but he loves her unconditionally nonetheless.
- The pashmina shawl is a present from a Pakistani pashmina clothier she had met and helped some time ago, who also gave her the nickname Priya, Malayalam for ‘loved one’ as a sort of protection for her from bad omen. As a result, it turns out she IS blessed with extremely good luck.

SPECIAL
Strength - 10
Perception - 3
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 8
Intelligence - 3
Agility - 3
Luck - 10

Colour #804080
Last edited by kurowolfe on Thu May 08, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Argent

Post by Argent »

Ooh, a viverrid. You hardly ever see viverrids.

You don't say?

Hey, what are you doing here? You belong in Exotic Acres!

Cut him a break, he's currently homeless.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think that with muscle building comes endurance, so perhaps taking some Charisma and placing it in Endurance would make her not want to pass out by walking around the block.
S: 10
P: 3
E: 5
C: 8
I: 3
A: 3
L: 10
If you don't want to, thats fine, I'm just giving an idea.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

That character does look good, but i would follow the stat change
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Esper wrote:That character does look good, but i would follow the stat change

The horses are minor characters / NPC's..
They pretty much require the other pets to come an interact with them. open the gates for them. ect.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, it was stated that she does not know where her super-strength comes from, nor that she ever build them up with weight training or even anything. That was my reasoning for the low END stat. (And I wanted to make a stat set that is also a palindrome.) But sure, having a little more endurance wouldn't hurt.