HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: PF:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by Argent »

I've removed all references to the houses on the ridge, and changed them to houses along the highway. State "highways" aren't necessarily raised freeways or even busy roads, a lot of them are just two or four lane roads that are designated as "highways" in planning documents.

There just aren't that many towns that aren't on a highway, a railway, or a river. There's got to be some reason for a town to be there, and for the produce from the farms around the town to get transported on towards the city.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I know. It's just unlikely that there'd be a need to pas through RA.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Can we put it on a railway? I like trains. And its likely that if it has a military history, the military would make good use of a railyard.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

Esper wrote:I know. It's just unlikely that there'd be a need to pas through RA.
Then it wouldn't be a very busy highway. There's a state highway in Texas that's only half a mile long and is locked at night.

Railways are also cool.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The highway is okay then, but I don't see where RA's military history is coming from. I mean, there is very little strategic use... I dunno. I just don't think it's a necessary aspect, like It'd only come into play one single arc. I'm really sorry for being difficult. Oi...
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm just tossing ideas out that might explain Flynn's tunnels. Maybe they're part of a secret rabbit underground conspiracy instead!

Also discovered that I started out Sandy talking "like this" so I went back and fixed that as well.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I just threw out the suggestions a few were old hide outs for when locusts came in the 1800s. (A very common problem in the Midwest.)
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

I see... If you need an explanation for the tunnels, how about their being natural? It could be possible for an underground water vein to have carved them. Water could even still be running through them. Am I missing anything else?
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

It could be all of the above all converging and merging with each other. The tunnels would each have a different feel like a natural cave suddenly becoming an old 1800's tunnel then a secret lab. Or maybe I've been listening to too many D&D stories from my friends lately.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Esper wrote:I see... If you need an explanation for the tunnels, how about their being natural? It could be possible for an underground water vein to have carved them. Water could even still be running through them. Am I missing anything else?
You're not likely to have flat land near a river at the same level as limestone caves, you'd need to have RA on an upland, lots of hills and ridges.

They could be old mines, though again that would be more likely in hilly country.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Alright, I'm going to bed. Good night everyone!

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Um, I dunno. I'm just getting really tired trying to figure out what's going on. Like I said, puzzle pieces that are supposed to go where there is no space... I guess
Argent

Post by Argent »

Mercury is wondering where all the dogs went. Flynn knows the answer to that. And now we've got plagues of locusts, and fire from the sky... just so long as we don't get to death of the firstborn, 'cos Cinnamon is an only weasel!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Wait there's fire?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

We should prolly let Esper make a map of the town 1st before anyone starts inputting extra DLCs >_<

EDIT: @Esper Reference to the Exodus
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

A-ano... I'll try to generate a map... Also: oh, okay then. Now I know
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa's starting to show some attitude...lol
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you or anything. >_< I'm just saying that we probably shouldn't stray too much from what RA was originally formatted to be...

Ref Ref!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

since i joined like 2000 posts after the first post. What exactly was it formatted to be?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aye, I understood, thank you!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

LovingCorgi wrote:since i joined like 2000 posts after the first post. What exactly was it formatted to be?
pretty much like this
Esper wrote:All I know is that there is town square where all business is usually done, in one direction there is a suburb that is very old and in the other direction is farmland. In the other two cardinal directions is a dense, flat forest containing a river and a massive grassland after the forest ends, in the other direction is a small ridge covered in trees. I guess the big house would be far off in the very back of the little suburb where the encroaching trees are more plentiful. I'm pretty sure the stables and thus the clinic would be near the farmlands... I guess. I can only write up area like that, not draw maps
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Esper wrote:A-ano... I'll try to generate a map... Also: oh, okay then. Now I know
And Knowing is Half the Battle........ :mrgreen:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Marine Fox wrote:
Esper wrote:A-ano... I'll try to generate a map... Also: oh, okay then. Now I know
And Knowing is Half the Battle........ :mrgreen:
G.I.JOEEEEE !
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Esper wrote:The highway is okay then, but I don't see where RA's military history is coming from. I mean, there is very little strategic use... I dunno. I just don't think it's a necessary aspect, like It'd only come into play one single arc. I'm really sorry for being difficult. Oi...
I dunno. The fact that it's out of the way and in a flat and (I'm assuming) a geologically stable area could be strategic assets. It could provide plenty of area for a training facility and geological stability would provide a good place for storing sensitive or dangerous equipment. It could have been abandoned long ago for a more convenient or more defendable location though, with all the equipment etc removed and only the infrastructure remaining.
Argent and I were having a little discussion about it before. It could also explain the rumours of strange things happening on (or under) the grasslands.
We were also thinking that there could be a strategic network of tunnels under the town with some large and some small openings in/under various buildings, and if these are accessible to the pets they could get up to all kinds of mischief without their owners ever knowing they've left the house.
Additionally there's the possibility that Doc is imprisoned in an old military bunker to which one of the tunnels leads - this could be used to effect a daring rescue.

The decision is ultimately yours, Esper, but that was our thinking. Really, the backstory of the tunnels isn't all that important - we just need something to explain them being there in the first place. After that we can use the tunnels however we want in future arcs.

P.s. Sorry if you wanted any of that to remain private, Argent.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Esper wrote:I see... If you need an explanation for the tunnels, how about their being natural? It could be possible for an underground water vein to have carved them. Water could even still be running through them. Am I missing anything else?
I like the water vein idea, could be very fun to explore.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Esper wrote:The highway is okay then, but I don't see where RA's military history is coming from. I mean, there is very little strategic use... I dunno. I just don't think it's a necessary aspect, like It'd only come into play one single arc. I'm really sorry for being difficult. Oi...
I dunno. The fact that it's out of the way and in a flat and (I'm assuming) a geologically stable area could be strategic assets. It could provide plenty of area for a training facility and geological stability would provide a good place for storing sensitive or dangerous equipment. It could have been abandoned long ago for a more convenient or more defendable location though, with all the equipment etc removed and only the infrastructure remaining.
Argent and I were having a little discussion about it before. It could also explain the rumours of strange things happening on (or under) the grasslands.
We were also thinking that there could be a strategic network of tunnels under the town with some large and some small openings in/under various buildings, and if these are accessible to the pets they could get up to all kinds of mischief without their owners ever knowing they've left the house.
Additionally there's the possibility that Doc is imprisoned in an old military bunker to which one of the tunnels leads - this could be used to effect a daring rescue.

The decision is ultimately yours, Esper, but that was our thinking. Really, the backstory of the tunnels isn't all that important - we just need something to explain them being there in the first place. After that we can use the tunnels however we want in future arcs.

P.s. Sorry if you wanted any of that to remain private, Argent.

Sorry for a double post people but I saw this and just wanted to voice my opinion.
Now while something like that may be interesting, the idea of all the houses (or some) having hidden tunnels in my opinion doesn't seem like a feasible thing. Maybe an old building in the woods but tunnels running through the town (With the exception of the sewer tunnels) might be a little off. Again strictly my opinion.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

True. But one or two wouldn't hurt.
I just need an explanation of some sort for the tunnels, and then we can start exploring them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

There's also the stuff mentioned in the very first post of this thread. Finding the Original RA, discovering a secret lab ^_^, that sounds pretty cool.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

and then a certain reploid wakes up :P
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

I could do a map of RA if you like.

as for places for secret labs..

Abandoned minute man missile silos.

An USDA (United_States_Department_of_Agriculture) research center.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

How far is RA from the state border? For that matter, which state is it in?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:How far is RA from the state border? For that matter, which state is it in?
Richmond Acres is a PERFECT RP for beginners and veterans alike! We'd love to have you!

RA is a small, quiet town surrounded by farms and forest, a few larger building are moving in though. RA is dominated by its town square, which is its center of economic activity. In the outlying suburbs of the town are small and indeed quite old, trees and scrub seeping in from the surrounding forest bring a calm and shaded motif with them. Home to several pets and their owners, the town government has made it so all pets, so long as they are collared, to enter any building as they please that are not specifically restricted. In the spring, the orchards bloom, bringing in tourists and saturating the air with a sugary sweet smell that lasts until the very end of fall. If one were to travel far enough into the woods, they would find crystal clear river known among ferals and a few select pets, as an ideal spot to swim and cool off on the hotter days and a perfect spot to meet up and hang out at night. If one were to go even farther into the woods, they would find themselves at the edge of a beautiful grassland with rolling hills and scattered trees, it is relatively unknown what can be found here. It is rumored that there are the ruins of the original Richmond Acres from the 1950's lay out in the grasslands, other rumors suggest that a wild beast lives there, while still others say that it holds a pit that leads to a secret lab of a questionable level of occupation, it is simply unknown. In the opposite direction of the suburb is a massive stretch of farmland. RA is located in the midwest US.

A map will be posted later E[O:=

In the midwest USA, so that would put it somewhere west of the Mississippi river, to the Rocky mountains.

Also it is in a "grasslands area"
The Great Plains states are, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.

USA land based missile silos are in..
Malmstorm AFB, Montana. Minot AFB & Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota. Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota, F.E. Warren AFB, which straddles a corner of Wyoming/Colorado/Nebraska. Whiteman AFB, Missouri.

So i would put RA in Nebraska, Kansas, or Oklahoma.
that would also put RA in Tornado alley..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

So my original idea for the tunnels (which now has Mod approval for family friendly rating) is this:
Flynn will read in his book at the library that:
"Al Cabone, the infamous canine gangster, is thought to have used tunnels in the area to smuggle orange soda across the border during the Prohibition, although there has never been any concrete evidence found to verify this." Then the characters would explore the tunnels, maybe find a (half) empty case with a couple of broken bottles or flattened cans or something like that.

Keeshah wrote: So i would put RA in Nebraska, Kansas, or Oklahoma.
The tunnels could make a good tornado shelter too.

We just need to work out the extent of them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:So my original idea for the tunnels (which now has Mod approval for family friendly rating) is this:
Flynn will read in his book at the library that:
"Al Cabone, the infamous canine gangster, is thought to have used tunnels in the area to smuggle orange soda across the border during the Prohibition, although there has never been any concrete evidence found to verify this." Then the characters would explore the tunnels, maybe find a (half) empty case with a couple of broken bottles or flattened cans or something like that.

Keeshah wrote: So i would put RA in Nebraska, Kansas, or Oklahoma.
The tunnels could make a good tornado shelter too.

We just need to work out the extent of them.

Subway tunnels in the old 1950's ruins?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Why subway tunnels?
Could just be subterranian, designed simply to hide things from prying eyes. This would also explain why the entries/exits are hidden.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The map is nearly done.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

What are your thoughts on the options for the background stories for the tunnels, Esper?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yay , take your time esper , cause you might have to draw the underground map too mwahahahahahaha !
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Esper wrote:The map is nearly done.
well that was fast
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It may even be that there is no network, that the tunnels are just in Flynn's house/yard.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters