HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: PF:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by MrNeonShot »

Keeshah wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:Are we going to avoid the fact that we were in the tunnels when you decided to have Oreo get stuck in the trap? .
Point of order, Oreo getting caught in the trap was pre-cleared with Esper, before it happened.
Then the type of snare he was caught in was changed, after the previously agreed on trap suddenly became unacceptable.
But you asked to be caught first. If he was going to get away scott free, maybe a rope trap would've been better, but you put barbs on it.

But my all around point is Esper had an arc going and has been running it smoothly. He's doing fine.

The question is what do you want to do? Is there a certain arc you have an idea for?
serence ice fox wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote: If you want to have an rp centered around a vet clinic, then make one. Otherwise, stop getting Oreo hurt and enjoy the tunnels.
Second , again , not my place to say , but if I may suggest , at least try to discuss and find a common solution , anything other than "if you don't like it , leave/make your own" , I'm sorry but that is not gonna solve anything. Yes , you have a point , but don't put it the way you did just now , just a small suggestion.
I was taking what he was saying and adding it up. He wanted to be able to chat during vet visits. Fine. He wanted to be able to go to the vets as often as he wanted. At this point, why? There isn't any story advancement here unless the rp is specific to vet clinics and vets.
I wasn't saying he should leave. I was saying that if he wants one of those, go ahead and make one. Don't mess with Esper's rules. I agree with Esper that vet trips take way too long and don't really advance story.

That being said, I think a vet rp would be perfect for what Keesha wants! Arcs would twist and turn as the players explain their symptoms and gain new symptoms so the vets would have to figure out the problem and always be on their toes (like a House R.P)

But Keesha has brought this up multiple times and it just gets repetitive, and the same proposition always shows up.
"Esper is bad at g.ming, he needs to step down."

So who should be the game master if he steps down?
And what is the problem? That he likes to be informed before getting snow in the summer? That freedom of character choices effect the rp?
Maybe the latter could be done. For example, Blizzard decides to start his own coffee shop with no warning. Whats the harm in that? Heck, even a snow fall would be nice once in awhile.

But wait! serence set the forest on fire and broke Piper's door, changing a bit of the rp. Isn't that something? There has been creativity here, but Oreo just isn't the skunk to change something suddenly, and that isn't Esper's fault.

I think the best solution is to ask Esper first before blowing up the tunnels or flooding the town center or even starting a coffee shop.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Keeshah, there was nothing sudden about the trap change. You were told nothing potentially lethal yet you chose to go against that and catch him around the neck anyway. You can't blame Esper for your own choices. He changed nothing, only enforced what you'd already agreed to.

Secondly, the issue with the weather was that snow in summer makes no sense (I mean, how often does it happen, really?). Besides, the GM has the right and has always had the right to allow or disallow whatever they chose in their own RP. There's also a difference between a minor diversion like a chilli eating contest and in changing something major like the weather which can affect the whole RP.

Could you explain to us what exactly you want Esper to do as a GM? Should he act as a GM and enforce things or would a passive GM who just lets things happen be better? Because the two aren't compatible. There's just no way for him to do both things. If you could explain exactly what it is you want in clear and non-contradictory terms, aside from just asking him to step down then we might be able to address the issues when we understand them properly.

You're right that these are shared worlds but we still need to work together to get the most out of them. If one person just does whatever they want then it doesn't work. The role of the GM is to coordinate everyone's desires and ideas and mould them into the RP such that they advance the plot and help the characters grow and learn. It's our job as players to provide those desires and ideas, not to force them in ourselves.

What you do in RV is up to you as GM. You can play that world however you want. What happens in RA however is up to either Esper or a player vote. That's always been the way in any RP, at least as far as I'm aware, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Like I said before, there are no anti-roleplaying rules or restrictions. The few guidelines that Esper has set down were to set the theme/feel of the RP and to get us out of the ruts that we're stuck in. We players can be creative too. Look at what we've done with the tunnels. Look at the adventures in the park. Look at the arc with the poachers. There's all kinds of things we can do. There's no need to keep hurting our pets to advance the plot.

Serence makes some good points too. Can we please calm down and talk rationally.
serence ice fox wrote: And while I'm rambling here Hlaoroo already posted a rather motivating post , so yeah . bottom line is , stay calm , work together , if you're finding something that bothers you , say it right then , and we can all work it out , don't let it inside until it burst out like a volcano of frustration and anger , not gonna help.
^ This. Good advice. Let's listen to the wise fox, please.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

MrNeonShot wrote:We can't do that anymore. Nadia is probably going to be the 5th pet injured because of the tunnels, so now guess what? The only thing to explore is the fields... thanks to the obsessive accidents in the tunnels.
There's the ridge (with caves), the river, the farmlands (hey, let's have a civil-disobedience sit-in at the rabbit farms), the national park (complete with ferals), downtown, Tesla's airship, shopping, detectiving, nearby communities with human kids like Kensington, ...
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Argent wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:We can't do that anymore. Nadia is probably going to be the 5th pet injured because of the tunnels, so now guess what? The only thing to explore is the fields... thanks to the obsessive accidents in the tunnels.
There's the ridge (with caves), the river, the farmlands (hey, let's have a civil-disobedience sit-in at the rabbit farms), the national park (complete with ferals), downtown, Tesla's airship, shopping, detectiving, nearby communities with human kids like Kensington, ...
And thats off the top of your head! This means we don't just have to explore the fields. There is other places to go (and I had no idea!) I'm happy that we do have these things to explore. So why keep returning to the vets?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Argent

Post by Argent »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Argent wrote:
And thats off the top of your head! This means we don't just have to explore the fields. There is other places to go (and I had no idea!) I'm happy that we do have these things to explore. So why keep returning to the vets?
I don't know, when I created the Waltons I expected them to fall into the background as "oh that's where Sixtoes and Puss* come from", and the next thing I know pets were getting blinded and breaking legs and falling into freezing rivers every time you turned around.

* I never brought Puss into play. Running TWO pets from the clinic would have been just too much. I offered him up for adoption but nobody bit. Puss's character sheet
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Guy's I'll be gone for the weekend. If you need anything, you can take control of Elliot. Family reunion
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No worries, Gg. Have fun!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Puss has a sad backstory. He certainly is original, but I already have 2 characters. Plus, I wouldn't know how to play his salesman side.
Add13

Post by Add13 »

Hi people I keep meaning to start on this RP but life keeps getting in the way. Hopefully I can try to jump in on Wednesday, can some one quickly bring me up to speed on whats happening
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Update me too please. I'll also update Missingo about what's happening.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

so I'm guessing the way is open now ?
also , someone might wanna answer these ^^"
Add13 wrote:Hi people I keep meaning to start on this RP but life keeps getting in the way. Hopefully I can try to jump in on Wednesday, can some one quickly bring me up to speed on whats happening
69eist wrote:Update me too please. I'll also update Missingo about what's happening.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

69 is updated via skype.

Here's the info though, of most recent events:
Oreo was rescued after being caught in a snare while exploring the tunnels under the Porters' house and he and Leslie were taken to the vets to be treated (Leslie cut his paws trying to help Oreo) along with Doc since he knew what he'd given Oreo and Blizzard since he'd seen what had happened. Now Oreo and Leslie are going to go back to Oreo's place and Blizzard and Doc will go back to the Porters' place.
Meanwhile, Nadia set off a deadfall trap that blocked a tunnel with rubble, separating her from the other pets. Tesla has now dug her out with his machine, I think.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:69 is updated via skype.

Here's the info though, of most recent events:
Oreo was rescued after being caught in a snare while exploring the tunnels under the Porters' house and he and Leslie were taken to the vets to be treated (Leslie cut his paws trying to help Oreo) along with Doc since he knew what he'd given Oreo and Blizzard since he'd seen what had happened. Now Oreo and Leslie are going to go back to Oreo's place and Blizzard and Doc will go back to the Porters' place.
Meanwhile, Nadia set off a deadfall trap that blocked a tunnel with rubble, separating her from the other pets. Tesla has now dug her out with his machine, I think.
If he dusn't turn it off, willit dig dawn to the earf's cor?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote: If he dusn't turn it off, willit dig dawn to the earf's cor?
"journey to the center of the earth" anyone ? :mrgreen:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

serence ice fox wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: If he dusn't turn it off, willit dig dawn to the earf's cor?
"journey to the center of the earth" anyone ? :mrgreen:
We'd need to get Render in on that one... Or at least his Avvie.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm figuring ferals would use something like hobo signs.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that's possible , also , interesting ^^
at least I'm sure Mr.Badger would use it :P
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hey everyone, so sorry I was gone for so long! Work and school both suddenly got super busy so that even when I had free time I was too tired to put effort into RPing. But it's steadying out now, so I should be able to return tomorrow! Can someone fill me in on what happened while I was occupied?
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

WeirdGamer wrote:Hey everyone, so sorry I was gone for so long! Work and school both suddenly got super busy so that even when I had free time I was too tired to put effort into RPing. But it's steadying out now, so I should be able to return tomorrow! Can someone fill me in on what happened while I was occupied?
Oreo got into a trap and injured himself , so he had to go to the clinic , meanwhile , Nadia triggered a trap herself , causing a cave in that trapped her inside one of the tunnels , luckily no one was hurt ,and thanks to Tesla , the group's been able to dig a hole through the rocks and Kilo went to the other side to meet Nadia. The rest of the group (Flynn , Piper , Tesla , Hutch , Elliot, Lucky , Sixtoes) is still not going through because the hole isn't big enough and they afraid of being buried alive
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

You guys need to check this out it's amazing. And sorry I'm working on jumping back in. trying to pick the perfect time.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14431600/
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

LovingCorgi wrote:You guys need to check this out it's amazing. And sorry I'm working on jumping back in. trying to pick the perfect time.

that is pretty cool :D
and don't worry LC , just take your time ^^
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

*gets hypnotised watching that awesome clip* Sorr- can't RP. Too busy. Must watch Koa! :P
Well, welcome back, LC and WG! I can't wait to see you soon.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Keeshah wrote:Oh I have a question. Can the cat eat Oreo's skunk chow..? Or will i need to get a couple cans of cat food here?
Ooh, that's actually a good question. Cats are obligate carnivores and skunks are omnivorous.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm... I had to do some research on this...
Skunk food would probably be safe enough for cats for a day or two, I think, but I'd rather see them on a proper cat diet since it's tailored to their needs. Skunks, on the other hand, apparently can't eat cat food since it doesn't have enough taurine (protein) or calcium.
It's very hard to know either way though since there apparently haven't been any studies done into proper skunk nutrition.
I'm no expert in skunks either. I know little about them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

They would probably both do well on a diet of fresh whole rodents.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:They would probably both do well on a diet of fresh whole rodents.
oh I can't wait to see those 2 seeing Kilo again after hearing that :lol:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Er... You mean small rodents... Right?
Flynn, lagopmorphs are their own order now. They aren't considered rodents any more so you're safe.
Oh, thank heavens!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I purfur Ham samwicis.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:Er... You mean small rodents... Right?
Flynn, lagopmorphs are their own order now. They aren't considered rodents any more so you're safe.
Oh, thank heavens!
Rabbits! the original fast food!! :lol:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:I purfur Ham samwicis.
Hamster sandwitches!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Tacsi is the correct spelling...

Yay!

...in Welsh.

Pooks.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

LovingCorgi wrote:You guys need to check this out it's amazing. And sorry I'm working on jumping back in. trying to pick the perfect time.

0_0 Thats awesome!
I never thought I'd see Koa like that, but that is awesome!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Hey Koa shows his happiness sometimes.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Yay its my birthday tomorrow. turning 20. So happy.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Wow, you're practically dead. :lol: jkjk
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hypernovatic. The universal anti-happy pill.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

LovingCorgi wrote:Yay its my birthday tomorrow. turning 20. So happy.
awww , don't listen to that mean cat *hug* happy soon-to-be-birthday ! :D
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hey I'm allowed to make fun of all you old people! Anyways, happy early birthday LC!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:Hey I'm allowed to make fun of all you old people! Anyways, happy early birthday LC!
.....*cry in a corner* :cry:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I kid. I kid. *hugs Serence*
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:I kid. I kid. *hugs Serence*