PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Post by Leafolawl »

I'm waiting for the next day, just to make that clear.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Leafolawl wrote:I'm waiting for the next day, just to make that clear.
Not a problem. It'll be fun once you join us. :mrgreen:
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Hope I'm not overstepping any bounds with my latest post, Shiro is empathic and I kinda just guessed on Morrigan's state of visibility based on where she just was. Not even trying to draw Morrigan into this really, just couldn't ignore the chance to define the reaction of Shiro's abilities when applied to a ghost...and to set later possibilities for him trying to understand the situation.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Well, unless I'm wrong, Morrigan only has a body after applying some magic dust. I can only assume now she's just a ghost considering what's happening. I like the way this is going, in any case.

Of course, I can't speak for CT though.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Well, unless I'm wrong, Morrigan only has a body after applying some magic dust. I can only assume now she's just a ghost considering what's happening. I like the way this is going, in any case.

Of course, I can't speak for CT though.
That would be correct. I probably should have specified, though.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I imagine we're going with Morrigan being incorporeal now?
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Hnn, I wrote my post under the assumption that she wasn't visible. Hence Shiro's confusion at even catch a flash of emotion, let alone the undefinable nature of said emotion and the headache that came with it. Far as he could tell, he had been staring at empty space when that hit.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Question to ctcmjh: I have introduced a character in my latest Cake sisters story that, if I have your permission, I would like to introduce into Radiant Gardens (not right at this moment necessarily, unless you'd be okay with that).

Basically it's the Easter Bunny, whose name is Peter, but only Vanilla can see and hear him. Even if he were to appear with Vanilla and Max now, Max would not see or hear him. He would not be a regular character for which I would need a bio, just a secondary character like Mr. Cake.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

so...he's like an imaginary friends? Sorry, I've not had time to read your latest story yet, but is he an imaginary friend?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

44R0NM10 wrote:so...he's like an imaginary friends? Sorry, I've not had time to read your latest story yet, but is he an imaginary friend?
Not...exactly....

:roll:

Go read the story. :)
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

just wondering, are we gonna do a timeskip soon?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:just wondering, are we gonna do a timeskip soon?
We're planning on doing a timeskip really soon, yes.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

thanks a lot for the reply.
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Am I missing anything important to Mark beside the fact Shiro, Awesome, and Conrad are away from the park?
RAINBOW YEAAH!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorry, I just couldn't think of anything you were missing.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I'm not trying to be a spoilsport or a stick in the mud or anything, and I know I'm not the GM, only the co-GM, but the gay stuff in the RPG is really starting to make me uncomfortable. I don't like to read about two males being "married", for example.

Please don't think I'm unsympathetic, I can understand how people must feel, but I don't think it's appropriate. And I don't want either the posters involved or myself to leave this RPG, I just really don't want to read that kind of thing.

I don't expect or ask anyone whose character is gay to make them stop being gay, if that's what the character is, but it's what they're doing that is making me uncomfortable--I think it's going beyond where it needs to, or where it ought to, and I don't think it fits with the webcomic for which these forums were created.

There has been content before that made me uncomfortable, usually involving characters getting melodramatic or acting mean to others, things that I felt did not fit given the tone of the webcomic for which these forums were created and which I did not enjoy interacting with.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not a role player (one of these days I might pick up here), but I was pointed to this post, as a moderator, by another member.

You guys really need to be careful to not get potentially creepy with what you do in these role plays. We understand that PF is not supposed to be a clone of Housepets!, so deviations from the things that happen or exist in canon are acceptable. So if you want gay characters, that's fine as long as you don't overdo it (a neighborhood 40% of the pets are gay, for example, would just be bad role playing), but we would ask you to be sensitive to those who aren't comfortable with that kind of thing. As for those who don't like that kind of thing, either express that calmly and respectfully or not at all. And, of course, make sure you understand that some of the members here are not straight and it's the directions some people take role playing that you're uncomfortable with, not the fact that they post here.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:I'm not a role player (one of these days I might pick up here), but I was pointed to this post, as a moderator, by another member.

You guys really need to be careful to not get potentially creepy with what you do in these role plays. We understand that PF is not supposed to be a clone of Housepets!, so deviations from the things that happen or exist in canon are acceptable. So if you want gay characters, that's fine as long as you don't overdo it (a neighborhood 40% of the pets are gay, for example, would just be bad role playing), but we would ask you to be sensitive to those who aren't comfortable with that kind of thing. As for those who don't like that kind of thing, either express that calmly and respectfully or not at all. And, of course, make sure you understand that some of the members here are not straight and it's the directions some people take role playing that you're uncomfortable with, not the fact that they post here.
Thank you very much, Sleet--and I hope I did do as you encouraged in my above post. Especially as co-GM but even just as another player, I don't want to disrespect or alienate anyone, and I no more want anyone to feel like they can't play here than I want anyone to make me feel like I myself can't--and I'm well aware that not all members are straight, nor do I want to make a big deal of what might be a sensitive issue.

Honestly, though, to add to what I said before, I don't think even straight marriage is something that fits given the setting, except as relates to the pets' owners. I mean, isn't the idea that the pets are substitutes for KIDS? Calling their owners "Mom" and "Dad", for example? Yes, obviously some of them are old enough to date, but I haven't seen anything in the way of marriage in the comic, not among pets. The point I was trying to make wasn't just that it made me personally uncomfortable, but that I didn't think it fit given the setting.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Sleet wrote:I'm not a role player (one of these days I might pick up here), but I was pointed to this post, as a moderator, by another member.

Thank you very much, Sleet--and I hope I did do as you encouraged in my above post. Especially as co-GM but even just as another player, I don't want to disrespect or alienate anyone, and I no more want anyone to feel like they can't play here than I want anyone to make me feel like I myself can't--and I'm well aware that not all members are straight, nor do I want to make a big deal of what might be a sensitive issue.

Honestly, though, to add to what I said before, I don't think even straight marriage is something that fits given the setting, except as relates to the pets' owners. I mean, isn't the idea that the pets are substitutes for KIDS? Calling their owners "Mom" and "Dad", for example? Yes, obviously some of them are old enough to date, but I haven't seen anything in the way of marriage in the comic, not among pets. The point I was trying to make wasn't just that it made me personally uncomfortable, but that I didn't think it fit given the setting.
And even when they do date, they're very childish about it and silly. Like Bino and Sasha's silly relationship. Or, to use an example from this RP, Liz's very immature attitude towards dating.

Even if your character is super old, marriage isn't really a thing that pets do. And if your characters are super old, or a ghost (Like Morrigan, Aethon, Ekez, etc), then they should play second fiddle to your main characters. I only play Morrigan as a main because she grew into that spot, and it would be weird to take her away from the RP.

Just thought I'd address the ghost issue while we're here.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

In most cases, I'd agree that the pets are too young. Aethon and Morrigan are the more 'elder' pets in the neighbourhood. Aethon lived in an alternate past, where he was married, although he has a backstory I can't begin to describe (ironically, I still think it makes more sense then the comic though. Alternate timelines are less complicated then the world being a D&D game for Gods in my oppinion). So, yeah, Rendak should be the one explaining this. I just want people to know this, and he's too lazy to say anything himself.

Either way, there's only been 1 gay relationship in this RP so far. There's at least 1 gay character, to my knowledge, and 3 bisexuals. My own pet, Sly, has his reasons for being this way if you want to hear it (though, I'm unsure if you need to hear it, since he's 'hitting' on a girl right now). The others, I don't know.

I realise there's been a lot more homosexual behaviour at the moment, though we've known about it all for awhile. Zeke liking Rendak was established awhile ago, and so was Aethon's past life. It's just that a plotpoint is happening for those characters right now. Since those RP-ers are the main people talking, there's not much I feel that can be changed (beside Aethon stop talking about his past for awhile, which I'm sure he'll do). Once this timeskip happens, it'll go down to the usual, minuscule amount, I believe.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

@ctcmjh: Indeed. I didn't even do a bio for Peter, and I'm not going to. I might have him pop up on a more regular basis than I have been so far--or maybe not--but he's NOT a main character and he's NOT going to overshadow Honey and Vanilla, or anyone else's characters. He's not even going to be AS regular a character as they are.

@44R0NM10: I hope the timeskip happens soon because I don't really know what to do with my characters at the moment.... :oops: I want to bring Honey into her own, now that Vanilla has something to do, but I can't have her do it alone.
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Yup, I feel ready for the timeskip, anybody else?

Wolvenpaw and Rendak, I'm asking either of you to tell me how long you think you'll take. I have a reasonable idea that it won't take anybody else long if any time at all.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Well thats all up to Rendak, Oh and if you want a small explaination to you why Ekez is out of Zeke's body I can give you one

When Ekez was placed into Zeke's body he was given the choice to leave the body, doing so leaves Zeke blank and emotionless but his minds still there
If Ekez stays out of Zeke's body for too long, the body will start to internally collapse and end Zeke's life
However if Zeke dies Ekez ceases to exist along with him
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Well, I am ready for the time-skip. Mark hasn't met anyone but Conrad and Soukou, so he is closing off a bit.

To ctc: Am I to have the spirit character you thought about?
RAINBOW YEAAH!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

What is everyone's thoughts about allowing more spirit characters into the roleplay?

I for one, am against it. It detracts from the roleplay's focus on the actual living pets, and it gets very confusing.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'll just be the combo breaker here, and not vote for now. I don't know what the overall theme of this RP even is anymore. It's went from magic to romance within it's existence, and I have no idea where exactly it is now...
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon isn't a ghost really, first of all

Secondly Timeskip is great, all Aethy and Ekez do is cuddle and sleep
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:What is everyone's thoughts about allowing more spirit characters into the roleplay?

I for one, am against it. It detracts from the roleplay's focus on the actual living pets, and it gets very confusing.
I am too. I don't intend to go into any kind of "personal life" of Peter--the character wouldn't work that way. He needs to be a mystery. I can't even do a post with him in it where he isn't interacting SOMEHOW with some other character.
PF chars

--Phoenix

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Alright then time skip is fine then
Pet Friendly:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Yes, the timeskip will happen today, perhaps tomorrow.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Now seems as good a time as any to do this timeskip, everyone ready?
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Aa, very much so.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Anytimes fine by me
Pet Friendly:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

What's going to happen in the timeskip? Anything?

I don't know what to post.... :oops:
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

well, feel free to meet Awesome, Conrad and Shiro with one of your characters in the clubhouse. They might be going there, but even if not, they're in the park right now.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

44R0NM10 wrote:well, feel free to meet Awesome, Conrad and Shiro with one of your characters in the clubhouse. They might be going there, but even if not, they're in the park right now.
What are they going to be doing? Or what are they doing now?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

At the moment they're just meeting up and deciding what to do. What they'll be doing in the end is up in the air right now.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'm so sorry. I have writers block and have been away all weekend. Hope I haven't caused any problems.
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

Gah, testing is a pain right now. Excuse me for being gone so long. Did anything important happen beside the skip?
RAINBOW YEAAH!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Honestly, I'm not too sure what's happened myself. For a fact, Sly and Rendak aren't together anymore though.