This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 76  Next
Pet Friendly: Main OOC 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I know exactly what your going through, musclecar.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 am
Posts: 1375
Location: On your mind.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Your not alone on that issue dude. The same thing happened to me, minus the relationship part. But at times like these, the only way to go is up.

_________________
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.


Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16970
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
sorry to hear about all that, Musclecar. Glad to have you back, even if in a limited capacity.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:54 am
Profile YIM
Banner Artist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 1991
Location: Perak, Malaysia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Settle your life first, Musclecar, and hang in there. I've been there, and if you ever need an ear to listen to or some help, you can always PM me here. Things will get better eventually, even if it takes a long time before that happens.

_________________
Image

RP Cheat Sheets!
Applegate || Apollo City || Snow Tunnel || Richardson Valley || Richmond Acres

I love my coffee <3


Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:47 am
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6629
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Aw. That sucks, Musclecar. I hope things look up for you real soon.


In other news, I have an announcement to make. From tonight until the 13th December (GMT+10) I'll be away on a family reunion for my grandparents' 60th anniversary and then on a camping trip. In the mean time my characters will be controlled as follows:

In RA:
The Waltons: Keeshah
Everyone else: Welsh Halfwit

In 17CF: Roarin

In EA: 69eist

In Apollo City and Radiant Gardens: Mr Neon Shot

Thanks to those people for their help. See you all when I get back!

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:52 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 3605
Location: Fairfield, Illinois
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I could have sworn I posted. Sorry to hear musclecar326 and I hope things look better for you soon!

_________________
Also on twitter: https://twitter.com/xhunterko

Help a fellow out? I have a GoFundMe set up. Help and share if you can: http://www.gofundme.com/dp5vug


Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:17 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 3004
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
On an unrelated note, any Carol writers out there? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2722&start=0

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:49 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
So, what if there was a roleplay where you played as pokemon, who acted like Housepets?

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm
Posts: 2912
Location: Awaiting Mewtwo's return to Smash AKA Texas.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I had a similar idea, but mine was based off of Mystery Dungeon.

_________________
I feel like there's a sand demon inside me trying to control me.
My RP characters
My avatar is my fursona Hyper. Drawn by the talented Hukley.
3DS Friend Code: 3497-0595-1132


Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: I dont know
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
id join that. be an awsome thing to do.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:49 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I had started working on a rough draft of the file, but then I read the ooc post again, and it said that there were no slots left.
But then, I read somewhere else that if there is enough people willing to join, then you could make it.

My idea for the rp, would be something along the lines of Naruto.
The pokemon you'll be playing as just graduated from the training academy.
Their trainers will have a squad of 3 pokemon (note that for every 3 pokemon, there will be one trainer.)

The trainers are in charge of training their pokemon to battle in the pokemon tournaments.

I don't have a lot of it sorted out, and it's just a rough draft, but I think it would be a cool idea.

Another thing that would be cool is if you could combine pokemon.
Mine would be the Arcainine, and the Ninetales.
It's more of a choice of look, rather than a choice of power.
the only addition to the morphed pokemon would be his ability to use confuse ray (when evolved.)

Under Evolved version:
Attachment:
Vulithe.JPG
Vulithe.JPG [ 11.78 KiB | Viewed 960 times ]

Evolved version:
Attachment:
Ninenine.JPG
Ninenine.JPG [ 16.75 KiB | Viewed 960 times ]


The face is a little weird on the Ninenine(?), but the look is simple.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm
Posts: 2912
Location: Awaiting Mewtwo's return to Smash AKA Texas.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Wait, so would the Pokemon be anthropomorphic or just normal Pokemon?

_________________
I feel like there's a sand demon inside me trying to control me.
My RP characters
My avatar is my fursona Hyper. Drawn by the talented Hukley.
3DS Friend Code: 3497-0595-1132


Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: I dont know
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Omg thats amazing. i want to try to do that. i think o have an idea of what i am going to dchoose too. where do i go for that?!! :idea:

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3726
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
hypernovatic wrote:
Wait, so would the Pokemon be anthropomorphic or just normal Pokemon?


That would depend on the type of poke'mon. some have hands some don't

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I think it would be like the housepets rules.
Mammals will be anthropomorphic.
Anything else would be their normal look.

To fuse pokemon, here is the website I used.
Pokemon Fusion
I think it covers up to Emerald.

Here are a couple more examples of pokemorphs.
Attachment:
Cumander.JPG
Cumander.JPG [ 10.98 KiB | Viewed 940 times ]

Attachment:
Maromeleon.JPG
Maromeleon.JPG [ 13.19 KiB | Viewed 940 times ]

Attachment:
Maroizard.JPG
Maroizard.JPG [ 17 KiB | Viewed 940 times ]

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:44 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: I dont know
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
would you mind items equiped to the pokemon. i had an idea of a stone that eevee can hold to evolve and devolve at will to strengthen attacks.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I wouldn't say for the beginning, but as they adventure, that could work.

New post:
Nine walked out of his home in the forest. His father walked out with him.
The Growlithe mix was excited for his first day at the academy. Soon, he would be a professional battle pokemon, once he started his lessons of course.
"Now listen. If it gets too rough, call me." The Arcanine told his son.
"Alright, pa!"
"Once you've settled with your battles, you'll be able to join the police academy!"
"Awesome!" Nine wiggled his one tail in the air. He just couldn't wait until he got to the training academy.
True, he wasn't sure if he would have Nine tails, or just the one, but it didn't matter.
Nine's life was just about to start, and he couldn't wait.

That is just a little prologue to the role play.
It is not going to start at the academy, but at the graduation ceremony, where they are assigned a trainer.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 am
Posts: 1375
Location: On your mind.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Hey guys, are there any RP's accepting new members?

_________________
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.


Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:07 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 2209
Location: I dont know
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Radient gardens is accepting. we accept pets with powers,abilities, just plain weird or normal! :D
thats humor btw. but on a seriuos note Radient gardens is accepting.

@neonshot. i would want a spot in your RP as a special bred eevee or a dark vaporeon.if itz ok with you.

_________________
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!


Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:15 am
Profile
Worst Mod EVER!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Posts: 4512
Location: South Florida
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
MrNeonShot wrote:
So, what if there was a roleplay where you played as pokemon, who acted like Housepets?

We've have some non-Housepets RPs on here over the years, so that's not against the rules. Decide how much you want tit to be "like Housepets" though. Do you want the Pokémon to behave like Housepets characters, or like Pokémon in Mystery Dungeon? 'Cause I'm not sure with that example...

_________________
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Image
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)


Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:05 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I haven't played mystery dungeon, so...
I'm thinking all the pokemon that are based off of mammals would be like the housepets.
Although I'm not sure how popular the idea is.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:43 am
Posts: 616
Images: 1
Location: SoCal in the US
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I wouldn't mind being in a pokemon RP. Would the trainers be kinda like the owners in the existing RPs or would they be more like the actual trainers in the games/anime? Also, would we play the pokemon primarily or the trainers primarily?

_________________
Image

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065


Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:38 pm
Posts: 2915
Location: The Moon
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Hello there, fellow RPers!
I am back from my ... well... let's best call it absence (or major block). It seems that I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll make sure to post everywhere as soon as I can.

_________________
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

Image

My RP Characters


Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:19 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 3004
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
<Hugs the wolf to welcome him back.>

_________________
The Avatar is Kilo. He's a gentlemouse... "I am indeed, dear boy, and HUKLEY draws me perfectly"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie


Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:22 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Well, the primary characters are the pokemon.
There will be:
-One Red Trainer
-One Green Trainer (if the red slots are filled)
-and One Blue Trainer (if the green slots are filled)

Basically, you can start as any pokemon, as long as you start as the under evolved versions.
If you want to play as a Charizard, you need start as one of the lower evolved forms first.

But, all I can see are 2 people willing to join besides myself.
If anyone else wants to join, please say so.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm
Posts: 2912
Location: Awaiting Mewtwo's return to Smash AKA Texas.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I'd love to join!

_________________
I feel like there's a sand demon inside me trying to control me.
My RP characters
My avatar is my fursona Hyper. Drawn by the talented Hukley.
3DS Friend Code: 3497-0595-1132


Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
That's 3 others besides me.
Last time I checked, the requirements were 9 people, and support from 1 mod.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:06 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 871
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I might join as a riolu depending on some of the final details.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm
Posts: 2912
Location: Awaiting Mewtwo's return to Smash AKA Texas.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I have an idea for being either an Eevee or an Absol.

_________________
I feel like there's a sand demon inside me trying to control me.
My RP characters
My avatar is my fursona Hyper. Drawn by the talented Hukley.
3DS Friend Code: 3497-0595-1132


Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Alright, maybe I should write an organized version of this idea later.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 am
Posts: 1375
Location: On your mind.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I'd join if I hear more about the details.

_________________
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.


Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3726
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
69eist wrote:
I'd join if I hear more about the details.

Ditto

not the poke'mon, with the above statement :lol:

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16970
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
If you need a mod's approval, then I'll get behind the idea after seeing some more details
(also count me as one more interested party)

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:14 pm
Profile YIM
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:54 pm
Posts: 450
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I think I may be interested. I assume we all would have move sets, stats, eg.?

EDIT: Who is the Game Master to this?

_________________
Image
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.


Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:47 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 3605
Location: Fairfield, Illinois
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
@The Moon Howler: Yay! Your still able to post in Snow Tunnels by the way. You can do that this round, or if you want, you can pm me a post and I'll add it in to mine.

Also, those doing the pokemon role play, you are free to use Snow Tunnels combat system if you like! And I'd stay away away from fusion pokemon if you want to keep from confusion or keep it traditional.

@69eist Snow Tunnels is a join by request group. You will need to pm me your character sheet first, then I'll look at it and let you post it on the roleplay's thread for player vote approval. The only draw back is you'll have to post last though.

_________________
Also on twitter: https://twitter.com/xhunterko

Help a fellow out? I have a GoFundMe set up. Help and share if you can: http://www.gofundme.com/dp5vug


Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:53 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
Still working on the details, but the trainer's names are:
Akamaru of team Ruby.
Emerras of team Emerald.
And last, but not least, Indigo of team Sapphire.

We'll need 9 people to play.
3 of the more active players will be the trainer's.
Each trainer will have 3 Pokemon in his squad.

That's as much of the fine points that I have.

Also, I am the GM of Apollo City, so is that a problem?

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Last edited by MrNeonShot on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 871
Location: In the corner of your eye where you're scared to look
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I CALL BEING ON TEAM EMERALD!!!!!
It was the first pokemon game I ever played, so of corse I would want to be on the team named after it.

_________________
Because it's hard to express tones through just text, you have to make your posts perfect. Forgetting a period can turn a heartfelt apology into a bratty retort. Mis-spell to many words and you look like a idiot.
Think before you post.


Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:48 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 3750
Location: Texas
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
“To the graduating class of *cough cough*, we wish you all good luck on your adventures!”
There was a roaring cheer throughout the Pokémon crowd. Parents hugged their children tightly, excited that their children were finished with their academy work.
They were now battle ready.

After all the festivities, the graduated class gathered in a room. Everyone was talking about how their trainer would evolve them to the ultimate state, or, how they would guaranty their trainer all of the gym badges. The volume was at a deafening level. You could barely hear anything in the room.
Finally, the professor slammed his hand on the table. Everyone fell silent.
“Today, you all are assigned a trainer!” He shouted loudly. All the Pokémon cheered at the statement.
Again, he had to control the crowd.
“You all are expecting your trainers to be highly skilled. What you fail to see, is that these trainers are straight out of their own academy!” He explained.
The Pokémon looked at each other quizzically. What did he mean, “New Trainers”? They were supposed to be the best! How are a bunch of newbies going to compete with professional gym trainers?
“You must cooperate with your trainer. He, or she, will train you to be the best that you can be! So, without further ado, I present to you…” The door opened at the left.
A boy in a red hat walked into the room. He wore a red vest and blue jeans, and a pair of old walking sneakers. He didn’t look very adventurous.
“This is Akamaru! He will be the trainer of group Ruby!” The professor announced. There were a couple paw claps, or feather flaps, but nothing much.
Next, a boy in a green headband walked in. This one wore a green vest, fingerless black gloves, and an orange backpack. His hair was black on the sides and back, but white on top. He also wore a pair of running shoes, perfect for adventure.
“This is Emerras! He will be the trainer of group Emerald!” The professor announced. This time, more claps and flaps could be heard through the group. When the clapping stopped, the professor continued.
“And finally, this is Indigo.” A girl with a blue bandana over her head walked into the classroom. She wore a new Pokémon backpack, modeled after a Pikachu. She pulled her right foot behind her left leg, and waved at the group. This sent even more applauding in the room. She had the confidence that all of them wanted in a trainer. Both Akamaru and Emerras crossed their arms in jealousy at the amount of applause she got. She was the popular one of the three. The professor cut off the cheering so he could finish.
“Each Pokémon will be assigned to a trainer. The trainer is in charge of teaching you the skills you require to better yourselves. Your job is to make your trainer proud!” The professor continued.
“Since you’re a beginning group, you will be given small jobs, like delivering letters, or documenting other Pokémon.” The professor drew on the chalkboard examples of what he was saying.
“As you progress in your jobs, and build up your skills, you will be given tougher jobs, such as protecting wealthy businessmen, or defending a mine from wild Pokémon attacks.” He drew a very pathetic group of zigazoons on the blackboard.
“And as you guys have probably guessed, you will participate in Pokémon battles along the way, defeating gym trainers, and other competitions. So, I wish you all the best of luck!”
With that, the professor left the room.
“Hey, don’t you still have to assign the groups?” Emerras called after the old man.
“That’s for you to decide!” The old man called as he walked down the hallway.
Akamaru and Indigo stood awkwardly in front of the group of Pokémon.
“Alright then…” Emerras said as he walked back to join the 2 other trainers.
“Let’s assign teams.” Akamaru added. Suddenly, Indigo jumped on top of the desk and shouted
“Who wants to be a part of team awesome!?!”
-------------
Map:
The map will most likely be the map used in Pokemon: Emerald, with some slight alterations (when I get to it.)
Players:
Players play as any Pokémon they choose, so long as that Pokémon is in its first stage.
For instance, if you want to play as Charizard, you have to start with Charmander.
Teams:
Each Pokémon will be assigned a team. Each team will consist of at least 3 or more Pokémon.
In the beginning, each team will be given a small task. For example,
Team Ruby is sent to catch a zigazoon.
Team Emerald is sent to Catch a starly (That’s a bird, right?)
And Team Sapphire is sent to catch a Magikarp.
The first mission is easy, but as each team grows in skill, the more difficult the mission.
Battles:
I’m not exactly sure how this will work.
My idea is to just have one person regulate the battle, saying if the Pokémon missed or hit, and other such battle situations.
The next suggestion is to use snow tunnels battle system.
But,
When you’re in a battle, make sure you react to what happens.
For instance, if a zigazoon uses tackle, but it misses.
-~-
Zigazoon attempted to jump on the Mudkip, but the mudkip jumed out of the way before he was hit.
-~-
Growlithe lit up the forest with a stream of fire, but the Starley flew up out of his range.
-~-
Tentacool used a supersonic move. The Charmander was hit directly, and became confused.
He looked around with blurry vision, attempted to pounce, but hit the ground rather than his opponent.
-~-
You get the idea.

Tournaments:
I still haven’t figured out the battle system, so tournaments are going to have to wait.
Aaaand I think that’s everything on gameplay. If you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to speak.

Signing up:
Signing up will be different than my usual way that I do, since there isn’t an OOC. Instead, you’ll do it like normal people and post it here in the Pet Friendly: Main OOC.
-------------------
-Name-
Anything within reason. Keep in mind pets tend to take the last name of their human owners. Though note that simpler names are easier to remember, type out and spell correctly…for the other RP’ers.

-Character Type-
Is this a main character or a guest character?

-Species-
Choose your breed of Pokémon.
Make sure that the Pokémon is in its first stage.
You will have to update it by crossing out your original breed, then adding the evolved form.

-Age-
I don’t think it matters in the Pokémon world, so why should it matter here?

-Neighborhood-
Pokepets!, of course!

-Appearance-
How your character appears, and any bits of clothing it might be often seen wearing; for most pets this is just a collar though. One to three lines should be enough for most…but no more than two paragraphs. Try to let us visualize your character, but keep it concise!
Also, if your Pokémon is a cross bred Pokémon, make sure you say what it looks like.
If you’re really bad at explaining what it looks like (like me), make sure to add a photo of what he looks like.

-Personality-
The bread and butter of Pet Friendly! What is your character like? A fast talker? Slow minded, but strong? Happy and bubbly? It’s really up to you. The general question is: “How does your character act, in public and private?” But keep in mind that some of the best way to show off the character’s personality is through the RP! Keep things concise here.
Keep in mind that some Pokémon aren’t going to act bubbly (e.g, Mewtew)
Oh, and factor in the character’s personality when making the special stats bellow.

-Other Notes-
Any other minor details you want to add about your character. Character Backgrounds are NOT required but if you want to bring up a few important details this is the place to put them. Also keep in mind that characters with a backstory can be easier to write for.

-Battle Stats-
Or, interesting banana for short (giggles)
These stats are exactly what you’ll see in game.
Say that I’m a growlithe.
In the beginning, he’ll have
[Roar] and [Ember]
When he learns new moves, add them to the list.
Your move lists are only 4.

So, if you have a cross breed
you need to factor in what it’ll be able to do.
For instance, If I have an Arcanine mixed with a Ninetales, his moves would be:
[Roar] [Confusion Ray]
[Ember] [Quick Attack]
this is just a rough move list from what I can remember, but this is the idea.

When he’s starting off, he’ll most likely be just a growlithe, because the 2 don’t have a difference in attacks.

-Stats-
This is based off the pokemon stat system.
When a pokemon levels up, it’ll say that it gained some points, making it stronger.
I’ll have to look it up again, but this is what you’ll enter.
You will have to update it every time your character levels up, though.

----------

Alright, so this is all that I could think of.
If anyone has any ideas, go ahead and say them. I’ll need all the help I can get.

_________________
"I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
Image
Image


Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:42 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:54 pm
Posts: 450
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
MrNeonShot wrote:
“To the graduating class of *cough cough*, we wish you all good luck on your adventures!”
There was a roaring cheer throughout the Pokémon crowd. Parents hugged their children tightly, excited that their children were finished with their academy work.
They were now battle ready.

After all the festivities, the graduated class gathered in a room. Everyone was talking about how their trainer would evolve them to the ultimate state, or, how they would guaranty their trainer all of the gym badges. The volume was at a deafening level. You could barely hear anything in the room.
Finally, the professor slammed his hand on the table. Everyone fell silent.
“Today, you all are assigned a trainer!” He shouted loudly. All the Pokémon cheered at the statement.
Again, he had to control the crowd.
“You all are expecting your trainers to be highly skilled. What you fail to see, is that these trainers are straight out of their own academy!” He explained.
The Pokémon looked at each other quizzically. What did he mean, “New Trainers”? They were supposed to be the best! How are a bunch of newbies going to compete with professional gym trainers?
“You must cooperate with your trainer. He, or she, will train you to be the best that you can be! So, without further ado, I present to you…” The door opened at the left.
A boy in a red hat walked into the room. He wore a red vest and blue jeans, and a pair of old walking sneakers. He didn’t look very adventurous.
“This is Akamaru! He will be the trainer of group Ruby!” The professor announced. There were a couple paw claps, or feather flaps, but nothing much.
Next, a boy in a green headband walked in. This one wore a green vest, fingerless black gloves, and an orange backpack. His hair was black on the sides and back, but white on top. He also wore a pair of running shoes, perfect for adventure.
“This is Emerras! He will be the trainer of group Emerald!” The professor announced. This time, more claps and flaps could be heard through the group. When the clapping stopped, the professor continued.
“And finally, this is Indigo.” A girl with a blue bandana over her head walked into the classroom. She wore a new Pokémon backpack, modeled after a Pikachu. She pulled her right foot behind her left leg, and waved at the group. This sent even more applauding in the room. She had the confidence that all of them wanted in a trainer. Both Akamaru and Emerras crossed their arms in jealousy at the amount of applause she got. She was the popular one of the three. The professor cut off the cheering so he could finish.
“Each Pokémon will be assigned to a trainer. The trainer is in charge of teaching you the skills you require to better yourselves. Your job is to make your trainer proud!” The professor continued.
“Since you’re a beginning group, you will be given small jobs, like delivering letters, or documenting other Pokémon.” The professor drew on the chalkboard examples of what he was saying.
“As you progress in your jobs, and build up your skills, you will be given tougher jobs, such as protecting wealthy businessmen, or defending a mine from wild Pokémon attacks.” He drew a very pathetic group of zigazoons on the blackboard.
“And as you guys have probably guessed, you will participate in Pokémon battles along the way, defeating gym trainers, and other competitions. So, I wish you all the best of luck!”
With that, the professor left the room.
“Hey, don’t you still have to assign the groups?” Emerras called after the old man.
“That’s for you to decide!” The old man called as he walked down the hallway.
Akamaru and Indigo stood awkwardly in front of the group of Pokémon.
“Alright then…” Emerras said as he walked back to join the 2 other trainers.
“Let’s assign teams.” Akamaru added. Suddenly, Indigo jumped on top of the desk and shouted
“Who wants to be a part of team awesome!?!”
-------------
Map:
The map will most likely be the map used in Pokemon: Emerald, with some slight alterations (when I get to it.)
Players:
Players play as any Pokémon they choose, so long as that Pokémon is in its first stage.
For instance, if you want to play as Charizard, you have to start with Charmander.
Teams:
Each Pokémon will be assigned a team. Each team will consist of at least 3 or more Pokémon.
In the beginning, each team will be given a small task. For example,
Team Ruby is sent to catch a zigazoon.
Team Emerald is sent to Catch a starly (That’s a bird, right?)
And Team Sapphire is sent to catch a Magikarp.
The first mission is easy, but as each team grows in skill, the more difficult the mission.
Battles:
I’m not exactly sure how this will work.
My idea is to just have one person regulate the battle, saying if the Pokémon missed or hit, and other such battle situations.
The next suggestion is to use snow tunnels battle system.
But,
When you’re in a battle, make sure you react to what happens.
For instance, if a zigazoon uses tackle, but it misses.
-~-
Zigazoon attempted to jump on the Mudkip, but the mudkip jumed out of the way before he was hit.
-~-
Growlithe lit up the forest with a stream of fire, but the Starley flew up out of his range.
-~-
Tentacool used a supersonic move. The Charmander was hit directly, and became confused.
He looked around with blurry vision, attempted to pounce, but hit the ground rather than his opponent.
-~-
You get the idea.

Tournaments:
I still haven’t figured out the battle system, so tournaments are going to have to wait.
Aaaand I think that’s everything on gameplay. If you have any suggestions, don’t hesitate to speak.

Signing up:
Signing up will be different than my usual way that I do, since there isn’t an OOC. Instead, you’ll do it like normal people and post it here in the Pet Friendly: Main OOC.
-------------------
-Name-
Anything within reason. Keep in mind pets tend to take the last name of their human owners. Though note that simpler names are easier to remember, type out and spell correctly…for the other RP’ers.

-Character Type-
Is this a main character or a guest character?

-Species-
Choose your breed of Pokémon.
Make sure that the Pokémon is in its first stage.
You will have to update it by crossing out your original breed, then adding the evolved form.

-Age-
I don’t think it matters in the Pokémon world, so why should it matter here?

-Neighborhood-
Pokepets!, of course!

-Appearance-
How your character appears, and any bits of clothing it might be often seen wearing; for most pets this is just a collar though. One to three lines should be enough for most…but no more than two paragraphs. Try to let us visualize your character, but keep it concise!
Also, if your Pokémon is a cross bred Pokémon, make sure you say what it looks like.
If you’re really bad at explaining what it looks like (like me), make sure to add a photo of what he looks like.

-Personality-
The bread and butter of Pet Friendly! What is your character like? A fast talker? Slow minded, but strong? Happy and bubbly? It’s really up to you. The general question is: “How does your character act, in public and private?” But keep in mind that some of the best way to show off the character’s personality is through the RP! Keep things concise here.
Keep in mind that some Pokémon aren’t going to act bubbly (e.g, Mewtew)
Oh, and factor in the character’s personality when making the special stats bellow.

-Other Notes-
Any other minor details you want to add about your character. Character Backgrounds are NOT required but if you want to bring up a few important details this is the place to put them. Also keep in mind that characters with a backstory can be easier to write for.

-Battle Stats-
Or, interesting banana for short (giggles)
These stats are exactly what you’ll see in game.
Say that I’m a growlithe.
In the beginning, he’ll have
[Roar] and [Ember]
When he learns new moves, add them to the list.
Your move lists are only 4.

So, if you have a cross breed
you need to factor in what it’ll be able to do.
For instance, If I have an Arcanine mixed with a Ninetales, his moves would be:
[Roar] [Confusion Ray]
[Ember] [Quick Attack]
this is just a rough move list from what I can remember, but this is the idea.

When he’s starting off, he’ll most likely be just a growlithe, because the 2 don’t have a difference in attacks.

-Stats-
This is based off the pokemon stat system.
When a pokemon levels up, it’ll say that it gained some points, making it stronger.
I’ll have to look it up again, but this is what you’ll enter.
You will have to update it every time your character levels up, though.

----------

Alright, so this is all that I could think of.
If anyone has any ideas, go ahead and say them. I’ll need all the help I can get.


I think I'll try it. If a PokePet fainted, would the trainer have to bring them to the Pokemon Center and all? And I assume it would be turn based.

_________________
Image
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.


Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile
E-Quoll to Any Challenge!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 6629
Location: Down Under
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC
I'm back a couple of days early due to inclement weather. We got snow, hail, sleet and rain and it's supposed to be summer, for goodness sake! Oh, well. What can you do when Mother Nature throws a tantrum, hey? Thanks to all the guys and girls who managed my characters while I was away. ;)

@69: 17CF has 1 slot open currently. PM me if you're interested. ;)

_________________
My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the incredible ScruffKerfluff.

Image Image Image


Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:15 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 76  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.