OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by Buster »

typical vacation lengths are 1-2 weeks.

Aka 2-4 years at the pace this RP moves when it's active... during a slowdown like the one right now? uh...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

True, but it isn't really a true "vacation." It's an emergency cooldown so she doesn't destroy anything while her parents and Hivemind figure out how to fix her powers.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
dusk

Post by dusk »

It's doing the thing again where it won't recognize if I have read the forum. :(
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Deske

Post by Deske »

So are we waiting on something or someone?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm kinda just waiting for the next plot update.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

YOU SAW NOTHING! THERE WAS NO MISPOST!
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yes, i know, not great, but i've been out of ideas for that scene for months.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:yes, i know, not great, but i've been out of ideas for that scene for months.
Well, it gave him an in chance.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Sorry if the colors are off in my latest post. Posting from a phone right now and it's hard to find / select the right colors, will fix once I get home later.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi all.

Hotep has given me notice that due to his university and work schedules he is no longer able to GM this RP.

If anyone would like to take over from him and keep this place alive, please feel free to PM me or Serence or to post here. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay, so the only person who's expressed interest in taking over is Neon Icy Wings. If no one has any objections in the next couple of days then I'll make it official!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So... I've been thinking. I like Eira's character. I want to play with her more often, and I don't think she's a really good fit for this RP. She isn't really a "hide from the muggles" kind of person. I said before that I wanted to move her to BoH, and I think I have a way to do that that makes sense. I'm not leaving the RP however as I have another character idea. I will make the sheet tomorrow.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Speaking of characters, i'm not really sure if i want to bring sandy back when the next day starts, for two reasons.

firstly, her power isn't actually a form of magic, which i thought would be funny when i first made her, but has lost it's novelty since and is kinda isolating...
secondly, the "she's supposed to know what everyone's thinking, and can predict their actions from that" thing was getting steadily harder and harder to play, leading me to inciting contrived scenarios so I would know what the cast were most likely thinking, that in hindsight were kinda dumb and badly written.

I'll keep her around as a minor character in the background if you guys want me to, but having her be my main just isn't working.

As such, I was hoping I would be allowed to replace her with someone different.

---------------

Character Name: Rua Natanya

Color: THIS

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Black Cat...? Something's not right...

Age: She says she's 17, but that's a middle aged adult for a cat and she doesn't look it.

Neighborhood: Radients Vineyard

Magic:
Rua can summon elemental constructs, from things as simple as arrows to as complex as a 40cm tall clockwork golem, which are grouped into the following types, from her best to worst: Shadow, Nature, Metal, Water, Lightning, Fire, Earth, Air, Ice, and Light.

She also has an extremely ornate and oddly designed bow that will propel itself to her, the way the MCU version of Mjolnir does for Thor, though she usually leaves that home unless she wants to practice.

Appearance:
At a little under 1.3m tall, her fur is jet black with slate grey markings which are actually pearl and lavender, but have had graphite powder rubbed into them to hide their color, and especially fluffy. She is aways seen wearing a green sweater with embroidered flowers on it. if you were to somehow get it off of her, you would find out she has a pair of wings hidden under it, and a trail of feathers mixed into her fur down her back that looks like it should continue up past her neckline but have been clipped short enough that her fur hides them.

Her eyes are flamingo pink, and have a round pupil not a slitted one for somereason.

Her collar is white, with a tag in th shape of stylized crimson bird with white down and blue/yellow accents on it's wingtips. close examination would see "Product of Nintendo" etched into the side of the bird that's usually blocked by her fur.

Personality:
She's clearly been spoiled in her upbringing as she can be pretentious and demanding at times, and can be overconfident in her own abilities, but is otherwise an altruistic overeager bookworm.

It's clear she's hiding something as she periodically messes up odd things like details about her past or what her own name is.

Other Notes:
Her presence, or more specifically, the type of magic she uses, tends to passively short out electronics she spends too much time around.

She will occasionally mention her 'guardian' Casieni Soqhu and if you visit her house you will see what most would assume to be a 2.5m tall, bulky, slightly off-colored, lion with prosthetics on his right arm and leg. Unless you catch him without his shirt, in which case you'd see wings similar to Rua's albeit longer, and 'seams' in his fur color where the tan dye stops and the not-quite-brown gets replaced with it's natural steel gray. though the blazing orange mane is apparently his natural color and hair. The big guy runs a recreational archery range, and a paintball field (with safety dividers between them of course) out of his property, and has two full sets of Paintball gear... which wouldn't be that odd if it weren't for the padded jackets both being in Rua's size, despite one of them saying Casieni on it. (minor character)

Even harder to catch a glimpse of is an apparent third member of their group who's pure white, transparent to the point of barely being visible, and vanishes the instant she notices anyone. (non-interactive)

Both of them have (forged) IDs that claim they are Immigrated from Africa. Though, apparently, the big guy's understanding of African geography comes from Marvel comics and/or movies given the fictional country the two documents claim they're from. How no one has caught this inconsistency yet is a mystery.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 5
- Perception: 7
- Endurance: 5
- Charisma: 4
- Intelligence: 10
- Agility: 5 (would be higher but it seems like something is messing with her balance)
- Luck: 6
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Looking over the character I'd say she's good to go Buster! And Sandy becoming a secondary character is perfectly fine.

Now, while I haven't gotten explicit GM control just yet (I think), I guess I'll just act as GM for now just to try and get this RP rolling again. With that said, I'd like to ask the players of the RP if they have any ideas or grievances, pacing aside as that's obvious, and if there's anything suggestions or such you'd like to share. The one thing I'm going to do is try and have a list of potential events/goals to look forward to or work towards to spice up slower moments, but one thing I'd like to preserve is player created events, whether it be a sudden, random thing or planned towards. Kinda like the meal at Rig's. Overall I just want this RP to thrive and be enjoyable, so if I screw something up please call me out on it!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Character Name: Phoebe (Called Phobia sometimes) | Nightmare

Color: This

Type: main

Species/Breed: Rabbit | Demon Spirit

Neighborhood: Radients Vineyard

Home: Homeless (for now. Subject to change)

Power(s): Phobia’s fears have the ability to manifest as a demonic spirit known as Nightmare (though she calls it a number of things like “scary shadow thing” or “Ghostie”) Phobia’s power is her connection to Nighmare, though she doesn’t have any more control over the demon than she has over her own fear. However, if she learned to control her fear, Nightmare would grow tame. Nightmare does not reveal itself or act out unless Phobia is afraid.

Nightmare is capable of wreaking havoc on anything that sufficiently scares Phoebe. Nightmare can hide in Phoebe's shadow or in the black fur on her back, telekinetically move objects, and can lash out with wicked claws. Nightmare has the potential to be a deadly force. It is made of pure emotions. It doesn’t control when it does what it does, nor how much power it has. Both of these are directly linked to Phoebe’s fears. If she is startled, Nightmare might appear and scare away the threat. If she is in mortal danger and afraid for her life, Nightmare will lash out violently.

Unofficial, but Phoebe has been forced to endure trauma on a level that would break anyone's mind. Ironically the only thing that kept her sane through all of that is the fact that the abuse was her normal. She never knew anything else to compare it to until the day she met Rua. She is largely desensitized to pain, and can endure things that would easily kill adult rabbits from the shock of pain alone.

Appearance: She has the fur pattern of a “butterfly” rabbit, in that she has white fur all over her body except for a black stripe that goes down her back as well as butterfly like patches on her face and nose. She also has a sort of skull-like pattern of patches on her back. Though… something about them doesn’t seem… natural.

Nightmare, when visible, resembles a clawed skeletal rabbit. It is pure black with empty eye sockets which sometimes have a dim, glowing red light in them when acting particularly aggressive. Nightmare will hide in either Phoebe’s shadow or in the skull-pattern on her fur if the room is too bright to hide in her shadow. If nightmare is about to lash out, red eyes will glow on Phoebe's shadow or skull-patterned fur, indicating where Nightmare is hiding.

Personality: Extremely timid and easily startled. Phoebe is a sweet soul, but that sweetness rarely shines through her initial terrified reactions to other people. She has been traumatized in the past by the people who were supposed to be her best friends, and she is always afraid that someone or something is going to hurt her.

Other notes: Phoebe was abused as a little kit by her late adoptive parents, to the point where she almost died on numerous occasions. The abuse continued almost every day, only getting a break when guests would visit at which point her parents would focus more on keeping her away from the guests so they wouldn’t see her bruises. One day, the police were called in after reports of horrible screaming and fighting were heard from the house. When they got there, they found Phoebe’s abusive owners torn apart, furniture broken and thrown around, and Phoebe herself locked in a closet crying and shaking.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 6/2 = 3
- Perception: 8
- Endurance: 10
- Charisma: 5
- Intelligence: 5
- Agility: 6
- Luck: 2
I actually came up for the concept for this character before I submitted Eira. I just wanted to play with one of my universe's characters more.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Half expecting Nicole to pop up now "Harvey, have you been possessing the neighbors?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Nightmare was in part inspired by Harvey from Savestate, however I decided to go with a more serious horror approach.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Now, while I haven't gotten explicit GM control just yet (I think), I guess I'll just act as GM for now
No one has objected so I'll make it official. You're now GM, Neon! Congrats! *gives Neon a mayoral sash and the keys to this RP*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

*Accepts sash and keys quite late* Thank you very much! I'll do my best to not run the RP into the ground! Onwards to shining, magical future!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

And she's gone.

Goodbyes are sad, but she is much better used in Beacon of Hope. Now, I am excited to play my new character. Now might not be the best time to introduce her, but I'm not sure. What would be the best time to bring her in?
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

TBF it was more like sitting next to someone on the bus, getting to know them and then watching them get off.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I guess that's true. It's been a long time IRL, so it felt longer.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Now might not be the best time to introduce her, but I'm not sure. What would be the best time to bring her in?
Difficult to say. with all the active groups stationary, (and currently moving at a snails pace) you'd need to come up with a believable reason for her to go to them. And you can't just use "transporter accident" this time.

In the past we usualy got lucky with several pets on the move at the time somone popped up.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Well that was an exciting reaction to a relatively harmless accident. To be fair, I wrote it so that she is being chased by something to begin with, so suddenly being hit by a paintball (which I know from experience hit HARD) and being knocked down while running from an unseen threat is probably going to terrify the shy and easily frightened bunny.

Though I should probably ask before I finalize what she is running from. This is an HPU RP, right? So I assume feral predators are a thing? She doesn't have possessions, so she looks like a feral rabbit. Currently in my mind she is running from a wild fox/coyote or something like that.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

yes, but It wont matter in a few seconds. most things don't stick around when a much larger 'predator' is nearby.

EDIT: and then checking her for injuries got derailed by an impromptu magic show. :lol: I'll just have Cas go get the first aid kit while they play and he'll pop up at the end.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

And we're stalled again... *sigh* okay, i'm waiting on group A to finish another round of posts so CD and i don't overrun everything, since smaller groups need less prep time per post.

who else is waiting?
Deske

Post by Deske »

I don't really know what to do. I've been in a wonderful slump for a hot minute and it's absolutely ruining my already sub-par writing skills.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I myself have a habit of not wanting to leave people behind, while also not wanting to rush people. My advice for anyone stuck right now is to have the characters do or say whatever comes natural. Ask a question, make an observation or statement. That's what I do, let the characters flow through me and then go over their thoughts and words with an editors hands. If worse comes to worse then I'll make my own post soon and try to rope in the bystanders if possible. At least if my fickle brain doesn't forget again, bleh. In the end though, don't stress out over anything and have fun when possible! (ramble ramble)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

What are we waiting on?
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Waiting to see if kaylee notices the text from sandy. (IC excuse why she's mostly inactive)

Bonnie's waiting on Jake.

The magic will continue once Deske has caught up with the other three.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I don't even know what I'm supposed to catch up on. Everyone seems to be doing their thing. Can I get a hint?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i don't know... you're just the only one with an active character who hasn't posted since the last time i did.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I guess they could go on the tour? I don't really know who the "other three" were either.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Neon Icy Wings, Hlaoroo, and Welsh Halfwit. who else would i be referring to?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:What are we waiting on?
Pretty sure it's Neon's turn. Unless they're waiting on someone?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Its my fault, kept meaning to write up a post but things kept distracting my easily distracted mind, like putting up smoke alarms. Sorry everybody! Will try to post something substantial before bed.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Buster wrote:Neon Icy Wings, Hlaoroo, and Welsh Halfwit. who else would i be referring to?
Ah there's the disconnect. I was expecting characters, not people.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Whoops, seems I missed one of the more important last posts (the one involving my guys). I've now edited them into my last post.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

:shock:

Holey CARP that was a dark post! Though to be honest... I kind of liked how it turned out from a storytelling perspective. I tried to make it just descriptive enough that you could fill in what was happening, but still leave out enough that it didn't violate the rules. (I hope)
-Champion Motto

midnight

Post by midnight »

Hi, I'm obviously posting here 'cause i want to join in this neighborhood.

Name: Eclipse
Color: Red
Type: Main Character
Species/breed: husky
Appearance:His ears, face and stomach have white fur, and his back Is a light brown. Eyes colors: cyan.
Personality: Is the type of pet that doesn't have too much opportunities, and yet still tries to finish, always aiming to do something at least a bit better than last Time.

Other notes: Is a apprentice magician, but his skills are not the best ones, and is looking for someone to train him.
For now, the only magic things he can do is mixing potions (and the half of them finish in a explosion), and a few tricks (usually all-type tricks) he can do. He learned magic when walking (he doesn't have owners, so he help others in exchance of food and home) see between trees a misterious cat summoning a rock golem, he follows her to the forest, and when she discovered it, decided to train it.
She send him to radients Vineyard to make him better, and now, reaching it, Eclipse is ready for everything! (Lets hope he doesn't make Explode anything.......for now....)

Str-5 Per-8 End-7 Cha-6 Int-6 Agi-6 Luck-4
Last edited by midnight on Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Do you expect me to write a good reference? How about: Spartans never die, only dissapear in combat"