• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United OOC 

Post HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United OOC
Simple Background:
While there were many places that got hit hard during Z-Day (The day the Zombie Virus was unleashed), none was hit the hardest as Candrilla. What was once a thriving city, it is now nothing but a destroyed wreck infested with the undead and any survivors unlucky enough to not make it out during the initial evacuations...Welcome To The Worst Nightmare Of Your Lives...

Basic Roles:

Survivor - As a survivor trapped within Candrilla, your goal is simple: Scavenge, Kill Zombies, survive, and rebuild society.
Military - If you are military, you'll either be tasked with watching the Evac House along with going into Candrilla sometimes to look for survivors or be one of the units trapped within the city
Exotics* - You guys are explorers so you can go where ever you want to scavenge and look for gear, along with aiding survivors by either helping them with what they are doing or taking them (with permission) to outside the city to your safe house in the woods (Any survivors that are there are allowed back into the city to scavenge and look for survivors)
*Exceptions include: Wolves, Lizards, and Bears

THE MOST Very Important Rule:
NO KILLING OTHER SURVIVORS: You all have to work together to survive. You are allowed to get into fist fights with each other and the worst you are allowed to inflict is making one unconscious, but no killing others

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ:

1. Say, is this canon to the main HousepetZ Storyline?
This RP takes place in a different city with different characters, but, yes, it is within canon but there won't be any interactions between this and the main HousepetZ/HPU cast*
*This includes the character of Anubis

2. Can pets or exotics get infected?
No, the way the virus works is that it only affects humans so pets are safe*
*If a pet/exotic does get infected, it'll be like a flu to them with the added zombie bite on them but can be cured

3. Can our character be related or have any sort of contact with the cast of HousepetZ?
No and depends on your intention of contact (DM me first)

4. What types of animals/pets are allowed?
Standard ones you'd find in the HPU are allowed (If you are wanting to play an exotic* animal, your story-line will be much different)
*Exceptions include: Wolves, Lizards, and Bears

4a. Wait, Bears and Lizards?
Yes. Candrilla allows them to have their owns houses in the city

5. How violent is this RP?
You can say how a zombie dies, the shape of the bodies you encounter, or what wound you got but no explicit details for either (Meaning don't go past a PG-13 rating)

5a. Do bodies remain or melt ala RE4?
Bodies remain where they are once dead. You are allowed to move and burn bodies if you have to.

5b. Do Zombies regenerate?
No. Once you kill a zombie, they stay dead
*If it will make your character feel better, you can always just burn the body

5c. Can we eat the zombies corpses or, for that matter, any of the corpses we find?
...No...and ew....

6. Are we using typical RP Stats?
Stats for HousepetZ: Survivors United are the usual ones with a standard 42 point system

7. Is clothing allowed?
Up to you how you want your character to look

7a. Can our character have special additions, like a robotic arm or such?
Yes but no additions that can result in god-modding or OPing your character. Make sure there is a legit reason for it (Ex. Your pet lost an arm in a crash and got it replaced with a robotic one)
*No super-powers either as this virus does not work like that

8. Where can we spawn?
Within Candrilla or the Farmlands (If Survivor)
Woods surrounding Candrilla (If Exotic)
Main Evac Safe House (If Military)
Stranded Unit somewhere within the city (If Military)

9. Why type of character can we be?
Your character should fall within one of three styles:
Survivor
Military
Exotic

10. Going back to spawning, what is the layout of Candrilla?
It is your typical city with stores, apartments, houses, businesses, malls, and a few docks
There are also vast woodland areas and farmlands (The farmlands are the only non-military zones that are free of undead)

11. What rules for this Zombie Thing is the RP following?
TVs and Internet still work (So you can have things to watch and play)
Zombies are a mixture of Resident Evil 2 zombies and George A Romero's zombies
Same time, there are only Zombies, no mutant creatures or such

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet:

Name:
Talky Color:
Animal:
Status (Survivor, Exotic, or Military):
Rank and Branch (ONLY if military):
Appearance: (What they wear and such)

Background: (History before Z-Day and what they were doing during the outbreak)

Other Notes: (If your character has any thing interesting about them you like to bring up)

Special Trait: (This is important. This is a trait that your character has that can help during this zombie apocalypse. Examples include Mechanic, First Aid, Hunter, and Outdoor Person)
*Be sure to also include in your background why they have this trait. For example, you can say they worked with someone who was a mechanic and, as such, they know their way around vehicles

Stats:
Str:
Per:
End:
Cha:
Int:
Agi:
Luck:

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

Location: It's actually kinda weird being back in Halifax after being gone so long...
Post Re: HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United OOC
Character Sheet:

Name: Mila
Speech Color: The same as her coat
Animal: Siberian Tiger
Height: 7'8"

Appearance: wrapped in the typical three-tone striped brownish orange coat of her species, Mila stands out in a crowd. She's large with an athletic build, visibly muscular, and has little to no visible fat due to having maintained a steady exercise routine during her years in captivity. Having very little to do when she lived at the zoo other than exercise and groom has also left her with a quite well kept coat and some vain habits she hasn't shaken yet. she tends not to wear clothes, and lately she's taken to using a 10' section of a downed lamppost that she sharpened one end of as a spear, so you'll often see it strapped to her back.

Background: Originally born wild, Mila ran afoul of local law enforcement during her youth, and was only saved from being put down by her species rarity. After being sent from place to place for a few months she eventually wound up a resident of a local zoo and lived there for just under a decade until the end of the world occurred. Thankfully, she's maintained her strength and hunting skills from her wilder younger days.

Other Notes: She's actually decently smart, and sociable when she wants to be, but doesn't come off as such due to her lack of education, appallingly bad English (2nd language, never properly taught), and overall intimidating appearance and demeanor. Hence her low scores.

Special Trait: Survivalist - Mila knows how to hunt and forage, construct improvised shelters, and conceal herself in a natural environment, thanks to her upbringing.

Stats:
Str: 10
Per: 7
End: 9
Cha: 1
Int: 4
Agi: 7
Luck: 4

Characters

Last edited by Buster on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:54 am

Buster Wrote:
Character Sheet:

Name: Mila
Speech Color: The same as her coat
Animal: Siberian Tiger
Height: 7'8"

Appearance: wrapped in the typical three-tone striped brownish orange coat of her species, Mila stands out in a crowd. She's large with an athletic build, visibly muscular, and has little to no visible fat due to having maintained a steady exercise routine during her years in captivity. Having very little to do when she lived at the zoo other than exercise and groom has also left her with a quite well kept coat and some vain habits she hasn't shaken yet. she tends not to wear clothes, and lately she's taken to using a 10' section of a downed lamppost that she sharpened one end of as a spear, so you'll often see it strapped to her back.

Background: Originally born wild, Mila ran afoul of local law enforcement during her youth, and was only saved from being put down by her species rarity. After being sent from place to place for a few years she eventually wound up a resident of a local zoo and lived there for a decade until the end of the world occurred. Thankfully, she's maintained her strength and hunting skills from her wilder younger days.

Other Notes: She's actually decently smart, and sociable when she wants to be, but doesn't come off as such due to her lack of education, appallingly bad English (2nd language, never properly taught), and overall intimidating appearance and demeanor. Hence her low scores.

Special Trait: Survivalist - Mila knows how to hunt and forage, construct improvised shelters, and conceal herself in a natural environment, thanks to her upbringing.

Stats:
Str: 10
End: 9
Cha: 1
Int: 4
Agi: 7
Luck: 4

Everything checks out (the lamp post is pretty clever!)...Welcome, survivor!

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Game Master

Location: It's actually kinda weird being back in Halifax after being gone so long...
it's a long, pointy, piece of aluminum. may as well put it to use.

Characters

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:00 am

Unless you're overruling it, 2 is the lowest possible stat.

Regardless, I was reading your big thing here, and oddly, I found myself interested. As several character designs flashed through my head, I'll contact you.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:
(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR

Why do I still find this funny?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:32 am
Game Master

i don't get the logic behind that. in D&D the 'minimum 3' bit is because there is no 0 on a D6, and originally all stats were rolled, they implemented the point system later. it's a holdover, that's the only reason it's there.
in fallout games, the source of the SPECIAL stat system, its entirely possible to have a 1 or a 0 in a stat. It makes you a cripple or an unintelligible moron in the mechanically stricter entries in the series, but it is an option. and 'complete communication failure' is precisely what i'm aiming for here; she barely speaks any English, what she does know is a mangled mess, and being a massive intimidating predator works against most attempts to socialize.
besides, none of the RP's use the stats as a strict be-all-end-all, but more as a general guideline.

Characters

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:31 am

Forgot to make my own >.<
Character Sheet

Name: Roarke
Speech Color: Sample
Animal: Leonberger
Height: 6'10"

Appearance: Your standard Leonberger fur colors. Mostly wears a tank-shirt with a pair of blue jeans and combat boots, though due to the apocalypse, he now has a bandoleer, backpack, and some holsters on him as well, along with his owner's rifle (A lever action rifle).

Background: Before he was fighting for survival, Roarke worked at his owners gun shop selling and cleaning weapons while doing various odd-jobs mostlyu lawn-care and babysitting.

Special Trait: Weapon's Expert - Roarke is able to handle most weapons with ease and keep them in working order.

Stats:
Str: 8
End: 5
Cha: 6
Int: 8
Agi: 3
Luck: 5

Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:00 am
Profile WWW

It's less about if a character can exist with the stat, and more about precaution against a character that self-destructs because of the low stat. I personally don't mind, because obvious character flaws are fun if they're played right. I just don't trust myself to portray them.

Also worth noting(and as far as I'm aware), age was standardized more for convenience of understanding in role play than for a thing of accuracy. Instead of having to learn the aging of every breed and species, it's much easier for everyone to understand 1 year equals 3.5 years' worth of aging in animals, or twice as much in small animals such as mice. A simple concession to convenience, but I can get into detail with it if you want.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:49 am
Game Master

alright I've adjusted the miscalculation on her age, but i'm still not changing the stats unless the gm says i have to.

Characters

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:28 am

Buster Wrote:
alright I've adjusted the miscalculation on her age, but i'm still not changing the stats unless the gm says i have to.

I checked the stats out again and, again, everything is fine and I get why you have a 10 for strength (Tigers are usually strong). As long as you don't god-mod/OP them, the stats are fine.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:06 am
Profile WWW

I'm not against the stats, I'm just stating why I think the forums have that general rule. They even said individual roleplays are free to get rid of that rule if they want. Just didn't see anything about that one being tossed aside, so I thought I'd check.

The age thing is also more prevalent in SeanWolf's. Looking up life expectancy for the leonberger, they're only expected to live to eight years old in real life, so clearly not going by that.

30 in human years is 105 in pet years. That's old. Probably a typo, all things considered. 8 1/2 in human years is the closest I can get to 30 in pet years without getting into highly specific decimals.

I'm interested in joining, by the way. I have like, five different character ideas, just want to narrow it to one or two, but I can't do that until I have it all written down and can look at them.

SoujiTheFox Wrote:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]