HPU: Exotic Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

musclecar326

Re: Pet Friendly: Exotic Acres OOC

Post by musclecar326 »

As most of you have seen EA has crawled to almost a standstill. Now I understand that people have social lives and school outside of these forums, but could some of you try and make an effort to post a little more often than usual. I don't want to force anyone to put the forums ahead of schoolwork or work so please just try to post more thank you.
Yes, I am a furry.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Its finals season... I can only really post on weekends I think, perhaps later at night...
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

EA has been very slow lately with very few users helping out, by posting. I understand that you might have school, a job, or other personal things going on. But please make more of an effort to check the forum often and post when you can. Please and Thank You
Yes, I am a furry.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Is it cool that I made them fairies? If not I can change the post.
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

I feel like EA is more realistic, but, it doesn't matter to me. Just gives me ideas for a "Honey We Shrunk the Pets" type adventure, but, magical... Partially because EPIC COMES OUT IN A FEW MORE WEEKS!
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

EA is more realistic. So i think that having them be spirits or a form of ghost would be better. Considering that ghosts do exist, in most neighborhoods, and in the real world if you believe in such thing
Yes, I am a furry.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Got it, I will have it said that they are wisps, which are a type of spirit, wisps are usually seen as strange balls of light, which would fit perfectly for this situation
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Leave two spots open for me, alright?
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

I don't think anyone else is trying to join right now... but ok, I will.
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Alright well due to my lacking of posts in EA and also that I feel I am somewhat slowing down the arc at some points and not contributing as much as I should coupled with hat fact I may have overwhelmed myself with too many RP's heh if possible i'd like to request to post my character out of EA.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Well I guess, If you are really that set on getting out of EA then you can, just make sure to make a great leaving post. Something that explains why he would leave EA.

Now there will be more slots open that no one wants to fill. Considering that all the new rp'ers have common domestic animals... :(

Also, I guess we could do a mini time skip to when the girls are at Kallie's house and the boys are about to drop the notepad off. If you all agree with that... But first Marine must do his leaving post and I would like to hear from leafolawl but there has been no activity from him for a while so...
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Well if I may, from where we are I'm not 100% sure I could get a good post on him leaving with it making sense and also be time efficient, if possible and with permission i'd like to keep going moving him out until I can actually cut him from the town. If possible.
CherryPopFizz

Post by CherryPopFizz »

ahm, hi there, I was just wondering if there were still positions open in this particular forum ?
I ..I wanted to see if i could join please ...
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

No problem, there are plenty of spots open. I'd have you wait until the next day in EA till you join though. Considering that it is nearing dinner time already.

But anyway just go ahead and make a character sheet and post it here to be seen. If it all looks great, welcome to the neighborhood(soon).
Yes, I am a furry.
CherryPopFizz

Post by CherryPopFizz »

Name: Tiny LeBlanc

Species: Fennec Fox

Neighborhood: Exotic Acres

-Appearance-
Tiny is just as her name states, rather on the smaller side of the spectrum. She has big black eyes and over sized sandy colored ears that are common to her kind, but seem exaggerated on her a bit because of her small stature. She has a slim little snout and her tail is not as fluffy as other breeds of fox, but she never seems to notice. There is a small dark spot just at the base of her tail like a birth mark, no real particular shape though her elderly owners swear it looks a bit like an egg on its side.

Her owners have just purchased her a new slim red collar with a silver star emblem on it that has a letter T engraved on it.

-Personality-
Tiny is a bit on the skiddish side and when frightened might end up curling up into herself and shrieking in a high pitched squeak a few times until she had calmed down. It might take a little bit of time before she gets comfortable around you but after she warms up, Tiny is a very sweet little thing, even adventurous at times! Under the right circumstances she can get a bit on the hyper side, bounding across the room after a sound or at a chance to play.

Other Notes:
- Tiny adores movies- Especially computer animated or traditional animations, her current favorite is 'A Monster in Paris'.
- Tiny's favorite toy is a small easter egg that has been sealed shut and filled with small beads so that it jingles when shaken. This is routinely hidden around her house and will randomly be stumbled upon from time to time.
-Tiny loves music! If you turn on something she likes for long enough, she will either curl up and listen to it or even try to sing along. She isnt terrible but some times she messes up on the words.
- Be warned, Tiny can be a little bit of a clutz at times, especially when she gets excited about something and starts to bounce around. She has a tendency to trip and land in awkward situations.
SPECIAL
STR- 2
PER- 8
END- 4
CHA- 6
INT- 9
AGI- 10
LUC- 3

I hope that this is okay ...
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

It looks great. It will be great to have another Fennec fox in the neighborhood. I'll contact you when the RP moves on to the next day. (which I hope will happen in the next week or so)
Yes, I am a furry.
CherryPopFizz

Post by CherryPopFizz »

Yay! Thank you so much <3
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

alright, just saying: I have no idea how we can continue along out current course of action without getting Leaf back. The guys are at the house specifically because of Tesla.

any ideas? If we can come up with something, I'll make a post, but the only post I can think of right now involves Maria directly addressing Tesla, and that'll just get us stuck again.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

i dont know either, i wish leaf would just come back to make this easier. But leaf is not, so we'll have to figure out something in the meantime. I have thought of 1 solution for now, we could say that once tesla got to kallie's she laid down somewhere to take a nap. So right now she is sleeping, upstairs presumably.

If anyone else has a better idea then go ahead and propose it.
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

What about some type of event? Or a good Arc or two? Maybe get some crazy stuff going on?
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Ok, well i want a vote from everyone left in the RP on what to do; now that Seth is completely gone from EA, marinefox is leaving, and Leafolawl is still missing. Our current arc is now going to be pretty messed up, since most the characters are at Seth's character's house I don't know what we will do.

So I want a vote on if: we should skip all the conversations that would have happened and have the boys on their way to the bowling alley, and the girls out shopping again; or have leaf's and seth's characters controlled by others so that way the conversations can happen.

Please everyone still in EA please vote. If you have an idea that isn't one of these two please state it.
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well really, only those involved in that group need to vote.

If we were the only group in the RP I'd suggest just skipping to the next day, but the other group isn't stuck, so skipping them to the next day wouldn't make sense.

anyway, I'm fine with either option, though the second one assumes there are players willing to control the extra characters, so I guess I'll go with option 1.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Jump to bowling alley, let the others squeeze in wherever when they get back.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Alright well you two and me are the only ones left in the main group of pets, so this will make it harder to keep going. Since both of you said skip ahead, thats what i will do.

Either way EA is in need of more members, so I would love if someone would ask, but who knows that might not happen. I'll try and get more though.
Yes, I am a furry.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Last edited by Argent on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 am, edited 15 times in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

I saw that you needed more characters...may I be allowed to join?

-Name-
Echo Langston

-Character Type-
main character

-Species-
Maltese Liger (blue/grey lion-tiger hybrid)

-Age-
5 (in human years, which would make her 17 in pet years)

-Gender-
female

-Neighborhood-
Exotic Acres

-Appearance-
Echo is a large, and stands taller than most other big cats and wolves (she's smaller than a grizzly though). She is lean, with a bit of muscle, and her fur is a stormy grey-blue, with a white muzzle and belly, along with her toes. Her stripes are black and erratic, becoming strong around her eyes, back, legs and tail, but fading everywhere else.Her eyes are golden brown. Her tail has a black tuft on the end; She has a thick leather collar with a metal buckle and round brass tag. Echo's father made a backpack with a harness for when she decides to go in a full out run, so you'll often see her wearing that.

-Personality-
Echo is quiet, and is really rather new to how things work outside a zoo. She is willing to help out others, but mostly lets more dominant personalities lead the way. She likes to read and watch documentaries(from scientific to historic to technologic), but is too shy to try and strike up an intelligent conversation with anyone but her dad. She will get frustrated at someone who tries to bully other people around, but it doesn't even occur to her to use brute strength to solve problems. Common sense hasn't led her wrong so far, so her complete and utter loyalty is hard to achieve. Echo isn't a goody-two shoes though; her personality is still capable of sneaking and lying (as well as stealing ice cream).

-Other Notes-
Echo was born in a zoo, which shut down after it lost popularity. Most of the other exhibits didn't know what to make of her, considering she grew rapidly and kept mostly to herself after her mother died. Some of them even bullied her into serving them, or staying out of sight when visitors came to the zoo. When the animals were being sold, she was then given a home by the young Dr. Eric Langston, who promptly introduced her to ice cream and beef jerky, and developed a close relationship with the kind African-American. Dr. Langston himself is a zoologist, as well as a developing linguist, and with many job opportunities, he just couldn't tear himself away from Echo to try and find a high paying job in a city that wouldn't accept such a big animal. His brother (a real estate guy) suggested Exotic Acres, and he happily accepted.

Eric and Echo live in a one story house, with a large backyard that has two big oaks before giving into jungle landscape. The kitchen is large, but Eric likes to live modestly, so the rest of the house is fair sized. They string up hammocks between the oaks and take Saturday afternoon naps together.

Langston and Echo like to watch Shark Week while munching on beef jerky. They argue over whether the cookie cutter, the great white, or the whale shark is cooler.

Echo loves medieval weaponry- she plays with a miniature catapult sometimes.

Echo also draws as a pastime, and keeps her art pencils and sketchpad in her backpack, along with any books she might be reading.

She likes classical and contemporary music, and will sometimes sing along- not in front of anyone of course (she's convinced she sounds like a dying marsh-mellow)!

Echo doesn't believe in luck

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 9 (I don't want to hurt anyone though...)

Perception- 6 (I can focus, unless I'm geeking out.)

Endurance- 8 (I can't go on forever!)

Charisma- 3 (I'm not the leader type.)

Intelligence- 8 (so much to learn, so little time!)

Agility- 5 (I'm not the best of the best, but I'm not the worst.)

Luck- 3 (I'm not stupid enough to walk under ladders anyway.)

font is this color
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

@argent: I didn't even know the species of your character so i had to look it up, that animal looks cool. Anyway If I could request, I would like a little more elaboration on his personality, and maybe a back story if you have one. Other than those two things this looks like a great new neighbor in EA.

@CrystallineWolf: A Liger? That's cool. I liked the entire thing so, I can say that this will be another great addition to the neighborhood.

For both of you, I would love to just add you into the neighborhood now but It is about 5 or 6pm in the RP right now so I don't think it would be very good to have that happen. So us people in the RP will try and get the day moving faster so as to allow you to join for the next day as soon as possible. Thank You for your interest.
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

okay, I think there's been some confusion.

Marine's character is still with our group, but I think he thought that Roarin and wolven were also with our group so he attempted to interact with them.
Marine Fox wrote:Ryan getting no response, fell into an awkward and introvert mood slightly rolling his eyes and following Snowy and Joe into the house, keeping quiet and a low profile.
he said that after he tried talking to the other group.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CrystallineWolf

@CrystallineWolf: A Liger? That's cool. I liked the entire thing so, I can say that this will be another great addition to the neighborhood.

Awesome! I wasn't sure if you would allow hybrids or not. How do you know a day is over? Do you fade out after the last activity is done, or does everyone roleplay going home and talking to their perspective owners about it? Can you end a day at any time, depending on what sort of action happens, or do you play the whole thing out? I just wanted to know what sort of measurement you had for an arc (or is that different?).
Argent

Post by Argent »

Been tweaking it, better?

(inspired by a binturong named "Velcro" I saw on a kid's TV show back when my kids were of an age to be watching shows like that)
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:okay, I think there's been some confusion.
Marine's character is still with our group, but I think he thought that Roarin and wolven were also with our group so he attempted to interact with them.
Well i dont think that matters anymore considering that marine has told me via pm that he has left this RP at that exact time a few days ago. So he is no longer with our group thats why snowy noticed him missing.
CrystallineWolf wrote: Awesome! I wasn't sure if you would allow hybrids or not. How do you know a day is over? Do you fade out after the last activity is done, or does everyone roleplay going home and talking to their perspective owners about it? Can you end a day at any time, depending on what sort of action happens, or do you play the whole thing out? I just wanted to know what sort of measurement you had for an arc (or is that different?).
Well really the day progresses on the time schedule that the characters get through. So like for example if they go eat somewhere we know that it will probably advance the day like half an hour, even though it might take us a few days to get through that scene of the arc. What happens for the end of the day is that, everyone posts something about their character getting into bed or falling asleep, then I post and say that it is morning and say what my characters do first, then everyone else follows. The whole thing is more of a guess and tell situation. And finally, yes i could end the day at any time i please but that would be rude for the other members.
Argent wrote:Been tweaking it, better?
(inspired by a binturong named "Velcro" I saw on a kid's TV show back when my kids were of an age to be watching shows like that)
that is better, short but to the point. It looks good now. So when the new day comes your in.
Yes, I am a furry.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

musclecar326 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:okay, I think there's been some confusion.
Well i dont think that matters anymore considering that marine has told me via pm that he has left this RP at that exact time a few days ago. So he is no longer with our group thats why snowy noticed him missing.
you know, I thought I remembered him expressing the desire to leave, but I couldn't find the post. alrighty then.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Oh uhh ok I think I can shed some light on this lol.
Yeah my bad I had thought Marro's group was still with Snowy's group so that was my bad :mrgreen:
so maybe it can just be assumed he stayed with Snowy's group and stayed low and with leaving, that is my intent but as to not have Ryan disappear out of thin air if possible i'd like to wait till the end of this day.

Oh and also as of the current moment if Snowy left i'd think Ryan may still be with Joe.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Ok well since joe and kallie are bascially leaving the neighborhood i dont know how well that will work. I will just edit my post to include ryan in the group.
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Ok i'll get a post up signaling Ryan following.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here are my two characters. What do you think?

Name: Jake Jackson
Type: Main
Species: Eastern Grey Kangaroo
Neighbourhood: Exotic Acres
Appearance: Jake is 6’2” tall and tips the scales at 58kg (116lb) which is pretty average for an Eastern Grey Kangaroo. His fur is a light greyish brown with a slightly darker stripe running down his spine from between his ears to the tip of his tail. His collar is dark brown, well worn leather with a tag in the shape of a dark green gum leaf which curves to the left. He carries a canvas backpack in which can often be found useful bits and bobs such as a Swiss army knife, a flint and tinder, some string or rope, a small first-aid kit, a tin of pellets to chew to drive away the munchies, a canteen of water, and a compass. He always wears a grey akubra, except of course at the dinner table because that would be rude.
Personality: Friendly and instantly likeable, Jake also has a mischievous streak which he shares with his twin brother, Joey. Fortunately he also has the smarts to know when a joke has gone too far. He enjoys being active, hiking, camping, orienteering and teasing Joey.
Other notes: Collectively known as the JJ’s, Jake and Joey have the unusual distinction of being twin kangaroos. Having grown up in the Australian Outback, Jake is an expert in survival although he feels a little out of his depth, having only recently been captured and sent to a struggling zoo in America with Joey. Unfortunately they were not enough of a drawcard as a nearby zoo already had several Red Kangaroos and the zoo folded. Having found themselves out on the street, Jake and Joey moved to Exotic Acres on the advice of a friendly meerkat who was quickly shipped off to another zoo and have settled in with a young man who is obsessed with anything Australian. They live on about 4 acres of land just along from the park in the flatlands/plains area of town. The brothers are very close and would do anything for each other although you’d be hard-pressed to guess it what with the ribbing they give each other.
SPECIAL: S7, P5, E6, C7, I7, A6, L4

Name: Joey Jackson
Type: Main
Species: Eastern Grey Kangaroo
Neighbourhood: Exotic Acres
Appearance: Identical to his twin brother, Jake, right down to the akubra. Joey doesn’t wear a backpack though, and the gumleaf on his collar curves to the right.
Personality: Also friendly and likeable, although his mischievous streak runs a little deeper than Jake’s. Although this sometimes gets him into trouble, Joey knows that Jake will help him out of any scrapes he might find himself in. Joey would like to think he’s the stronger and smarter of the two, but really there’s no difference between them. He also enjoys the outdoorsy activities which Jake is fond of.
Other notes: Joey is the younger brother but, as he keeps reminding Jake, only by five minutes.

Here's a pic of what Eastern Greys look like.

I have an idea to get them started. I'll write that post in now but if you guys want me to move/change/delete it and start them later then let me know and I'll do it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CrystallineWolf

Um.. Hlaoroo? I don't know if you are aware, but Musclecar is waiting till the day is over to introduce any new pets- and it doesn't seem like he excepted your characters yet, either. They sound cool though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Fair enough. Alrighty then. Post is gone and we'll wait until the morning and see what happens. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

First, hlaoroo your two characters are approved and like the others said i am waiting till the next day in the rp to introduce new neighbors.

Second i am sorry that i have been a little absent from here the last couple of days. I got in a little trouble at school concerning tardies, and now i am banned from the home computer for another day or two. Btw i am typing this on my ipod.

EDIT: the ban is over so i am back for posting.
Yes, I am a furry.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Guess the days are really long in the summertime. :mrgreen: