HPU: Applegate OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

HPU: Applegate OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hey guys I'm gonna try my hand at running an RP
Pending final mod approval this will be the thread where we figure out the ground rules and get everything set up and ready to go.

Applegate
Applegate is a small (very small) farming community in the Midwest that has just become pet friendly (in other words all the characters will be in the process of moving in at the beginning of the game. (Because I said so and it’s easier for me that’s why!) This is negotiable if you really insist on having a character that is already in town, just message me and we can work out the details. The town grew around two large apple farms (the McCoy’s and the Richardson’s) Today these farms are the basis of Applegate’s economy. Despite being a farming community the last 50 or so years have seen an influx of families looking to get away from the city. The main town Stretches between the two apple farms.

The layout is fairly simple; the main street sits between two parallel streets of houses

The main street has all of the town’s shops, a small grocery store (Jon’s groceries) a Shell gas station, a movie theatre, a hardware store, Gordie’s pizza, Dave’s barbershop, Art’s bar (no they don’t allow pets) a struggling sporting goods store, and a very cramped book store. There are no schools in Applegate; Students have to make the 3 mile commute to the slightly larger Blue River for school, fast food or the mall. (If I think of something or we need something to move along the story it will be added arbitrarily)

Here's the setting:
Map of Applegate

Maple Street Residents:
Buster Drake(Player: RandomGeekNamedBrent)
Tara (Player: RandomGeekNamedBrent)
Silver Diamonds (House: B) (Player: ShadowLightning
Mickey Strawters (House: J) (Player: Mickey)
Mikan Kawabe (House: O) (Player: kurowolfe)
Open houses: A, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T

Main Street Residents:
Rena Callahan (House: 5 (bookstore)) (Player: Leafolawl)
Eon and Ion (House: A) (Player: Civilization)
Ray Stevens(House: C) (Player: Hlaoroo)
Lyn Frost (House: D) (Player: hypernovatic)
Open Houses: B

Oak Street Residents:
Pico Degallo Rotella (House: C)(Player: Sartharina)
Buster Woods(House: G) (Player: Buster)
Janus Lagrange (House: L) (Player: Valerio)
Hubert (Player: Valerio)
Lilly Hughes(House: Q) (Player: Hlaoroo)
Open Houses: A, B, D, E, F, H, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, R, S

Forest Residents:
Miles (Player:xhunterko)
Duke (Player: serence ice fox)
Serenad Gla'cier (Player: serence ice fox)
Martin (Player: The Moon Howler)

No House Selected yet:
Hazyl and Lydia (Player: Hypernovatic)
Pat Eric Kulvo (Player: CaramelCream)

Notable NPC’s
Sheriff: no one calls sheriff by his real name. He’s been in charge for about 30 years, he’s the quintessential small town sheriff, lazy a little bumbling, but he knows his town
Crazy Nettie: Nettie lives above her book store. She’s, eccentric, but generally friendly and totally harmless
Gordie: An incredibly large man who runs the town’s only restaurant. Gordie is a big man with an affinity for the kitchen; he loves animals and is thrilled to see Applegate go pet-friendly.
The city council: Really only exist because someone has to pretend to run stuff, don’t really do much, usually meet at Gordie’s, and don’t do much more than eat pizza

Though the town is small it’s surrounded by farm land on 3 sides to the West is mostly forest land broken by the occasional abandoned house, there isn’t much to do in town but there are plenty of adventures to be had around it.

I want to stick to that setting but some details can be edited if we have a consensus.

I'd like to start with about 6 players (not counting my character)

That number is by no means set in stone though.

Post your character here for now if you're interested.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: New RP!!!!!!!!HEY!!!!HEY!!!OVER HERE!!!!!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

No.
Too loud.
Do not want.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

quick note on character creation
Im comfortable with anything within the PG-13 range for characters, and I may let you push it a bit (keeping within forum rules of course) if you want to add something "edgy" to your character please do it with good reason.
I reserve the right to veto anything that I feel isn't conducive to an enjoyable game.

If you join please be prepared to post at least once a day
more is encouraged but I understand some of you have lives.
Im not gonna crazy about this, but I would like to see the RP stay fairly active, so please make sure to post if you're absence would force another player to wait for your return.
this is one thing I will get on people about if they make a habit out of it.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

is that some kind of sRP? I can't quite figure out...
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Nope its a regular RP
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

it's quite interesting, I like small communities.
I would like to apply... Is it allowed for me to recycle my characters from Seabreeze harbor, but WITHOUT picking any of the situation I have left there? A new start for them, I mean.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I'd be fine with that
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ctcmjh

Re: Pet Friendly: Applegate

Post by ctcmjh »

I edited your OP slightly. I just messed with the formatting so that it would be easier to read.

I also changed the title so that people actually know what kind of RP this is.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

ctcmjh wrote:I edited your OP slightly. I just messed with the formatting so that it would be easier to read.

I also changed the title so that people actually know what kind of RP this is.
fine by me
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

If you haven't done so already, you might also want to announce this RP in the Main OOC thread. It could draw some people here.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I will join. I want to get in on the ground level of a new neighborhood. I'll make a character sheet some time in the next few days.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Give me thirty to forty minutes, and I'll have a character.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
valerio

Post by valerio »

- Type -
Main

- Name -
Janus Lagrange

- Gender -
Male

- Age -
6 (21 in pet years)

- Species -
Dog (Czech Wolf)

- Personality -
Janus suffers from DID. Two distinct personalities live inside him since he was a pup. Whether this was caused by a genetic disorder or a trauma, remains to be seen. During daytime, Janus is a happy, playful creature prone to interact with other pets. He likes to help others, offering advice. He’s very open-minded. During nighttime, Janus becomes aggressive, distrusting, very territorial, and will recourse to violence if given the chance, although he retains a sort of primitive ‘pack mentality’. In this state, Janus acts like a feral wolf. During these hours, he wants to be left alone and will wander outside the reach of the others, rarely allowing company. Both personalities are completely unaware of each other.

- Appearance -
Janus stands 5.5 ft tall. He’s muscular, displays a grey/reddish fur with a black stripe running along his back and a bushy tail with a black tip. Green eyes. Due to a birth defect, he displays ‘Verticle Ellipse’ pupils, making his eyes look like a cat’s. He wears a green shock collar with a yellow lightning symbol on it. His plastic medal is in the shape of a moon half white and half black. He also wears a black military tac-vest filled with pockets, in which he keeps the most useful items for small emergencies.

- Backstory -
Janus spent his life changing owners due to his mental and physical disorders. He never talked about his previous experiences, choosing to forget them as soon as he starts a new life. He and his owner, Ms. Isabel Lagrange, moved from New Jersey, under circumstances yet to be revealed.

- Strengths&Weaknesses -
S – Strong and agile, but he gives his best only during night time.
W - When the personality shift approaches he becomes weaker and confused, until he must sleep and is completely vulnerable

- Other Notes -
Janus’ ‘sunny side’ likes to read a lot, and carries a tablet with him in a backpack. He can do a lot of things, as he learnt to make the most of his lucid time. Janus’ ‘dark side’ is a skilled tracker, hunter and fierce combatant with knowledge of martial arts. Janus is undergoing a daily medical treatment to prevent blood clots in his brain, and in his backpack he also always carries food, his pills and at least two bottles of water. Isabel Lagrange is a lawyer that has no fear to put up a fight in the ‘big league’ if necessary. She won a mistreatment lawsuit against Janus’ previous owner. She cares a lot for her son and ‘dark’ Janus will trust only her. In both aspects, he's gay, but he will tend to be more aggressive in his nocturnal activities.

- Stats -

STRENGTH – 8
PERCEPTION – 6 to 8
ENDURANCE – 5 to 7
CHARISMA – 7 to 2
INTELLIGENCE – 6 to 5
AGILITY – 5 to 7
LUCK – 5

color 1 408000 // color 2 FF0000

---

- Type -
Main

- Name -
Hubert (called with a multitude of names, before)

- Gender -
N/A (formerly, male)

- Age -
N/A (claims he existed since the foundation of Ur)

- Species -
Ghost Dragon

- Personality -
Hubert is a wise spirit, kindred, who only wants to be sure that the inhabitants of the territory he protects are at safe. Yet, he won’t interfere with fate’s design, as he knows that life is something transitory, a whisper in existence. He cares most for the souls inside the bodies rather than the bodies themselves…and from time to time, Hubert likes to play tricks at the expenses of the living if he feels like to. He has shown a particular attention for Janus, on whose ‘dark side’ has a somewhat calming influence.

- Appearance -
Hubert appears – that is, whenever he wants to appear to people – as a 80 cm long dragon composed of blue ‘ethereal light’, with bright yellow eyes, slender, with smooth skin and a crest of fur running from his forehead to his tail.

- Backstory -
Hubert spent his life and beyond that to protect the human communities as it was fit, changing his allegiances from time to time in history, selecting the new places by his own unscrutable desire. This time, he has taken a liking to Janus, and follows him wherever he moves.

- Strengths&Weaknesses -
S – Knowledge, telekinesis, illusionist, immunity from any physical harm
W – At daytime, Hubert must go back into the skull and can’t leave until the sun has set.

- Other Notes -
Hubert displays a vast knowledge, and often likes to pride in it. he can read minds, though he will not do it unless necessary. He can project illusions, that will be as lasting and convincing as the target's willpower is weak. He can telekinetically influence objects like a poltergeist does, but nothing heavier than a 110 pounds-mass, distributed in a single objects or throughout different smaller objects. The skull he resides into now stays at Lagrange House. Hubert still can talk through it, though.

- Stats -

STRENGTH – N/A “But I still can kick your mortal butt!”
PERCEPTION – 10 “Being 3000 years old will have its advantages, nu?”
ENDURANCE – N/A “Existence is endurance in itself, compared to the temporary flesh.”
CHARISMA – 8 “Let’s forget this silly thing ghost/living, and let us be friends...Hey, why are you screaming?”
INTELLIGENCE – 10 “I spent my time studying. Not boring at all!”
AGILITY – N/A “As if an incorporeal entity needed it...”
LUCK – 8 “I'd be luckier if it wasn't for this silly prison.”

color 0000FF
Last edited by valerio on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Name: Gage Price
Species: Corgi
Neighborhood: Applegate
-Appearance-
Friggin adorable(colored like the corgi in the pic)
Missing his left ear
-Personality-
Incredibly nervous and shy. He tends to put a wall up between himself and new people. Very introverted. He doesn’t trust other dogs. He much prefers the company of cats, but usually feels out of place around them. As a result he spends a lot of time alone and brooding. He doesn’t have much interest in being social and usually has to be forced into it.
-Backstory-
Gage is moving to applegate with his young owners Mike and Sarah from the rust belt town of Steel river. Gage took a lot of abuse from other dogs in Steel river, culminating in losing his ear in a fight with a particularly nasty bull dog. Gage’s rough childhood has made him extremely distrusting and jumpy. Mike and Sarah were worried by his increasingly rough bouts with depression and decided that he needed a change of scenery. Having heard that Applegate was going pet friendly they decided it’s be a perfect place to go start a family while also getting a fresh start for gage.
-Other Notes-
Gage loves pizza
He is fairly socially awkward, to the point where he’s hesitant to talk to new people unless he absolutely has to.
Has a rebellious streak, will sometimes do things just to disobey/irk his parents
Deals with bouts of insomnia
he's from a rough town and it shows, if left unchecked he can curse like a sailor
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
STR- 3
PER- 8
END-4
CHA- 2
INT- 6
AGI- 9
LUC- 10

color
Attachments
Black_Corgi_1_by_D_Canvas_StocK.jpg
Black_Corgi_1_by_D_Canvas_StocK.jpg (147.72 KiB) Viewed 115053 times
Last edited by Seth on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:- Type -
Main

- Name -
Janus Lagrange

- Gender -
Male

- Age -
6 (21 in pet years)

- Species -
Dog (Czech Wolf)

- Personality -
Janus suffers from DID. Two distinct personalities live inside him since he was a pup. Whether this was caused by a genetic disorder or a trauma, remains to be seen. During daytime, Janus is a happy, playful creature prone to interact with other pets. He likes to help others, offering advice. He’s very open-minded. During nighttime, Janus becomes aggressive, distrusting, very territorial, and will recourse to violence if given the chance, although he retains a sort of primitive ‘pack mentality’. In this state, Janus acts like a feral wolf. During these hours, he wants to be left alone and will wander outside the reach of the others, rarely allowing company. Both personalities are completely unaware of each other.

- Appearance -
Janus stands 5.5 ft tall. He’s muscular, displays a grey/reddish fur with a black stripe running along his back and a bushy tail with a black tip. Green eyes. Due to a birth defect, he displays ‘Verticle Ellipse’ pupils, making his eyes look like a cat’s. He wears a green shock collar with a yellow lightning symbol on it. His plastic medal is in the shape of a moon half white and half black. He also wears a black military tac-vest filled with pockets, in which he keeps the most useful items for small emergencies.

- Backstory -
Janus spent his life changing owners due to his mental and physical disorders. He never talked about his previous experiences, choosing to forget them as soon as he starts a new life. He and his owner, Ms. Isabel Lagrange, moved from New Jersey, under circumstances yet to be revealed.

- Strengths&Weaknesses -
S – Strong and agile, but he gives his best only during night time.
W - When the personality shift approaches he becomes weaker and confused, until he must sleep and is completely vulnerable

- Other Notes -
Janus’ ‘sunny side’ likes to read a lot, and carries a tablet with him in a backpack. He can do a lot of things, as he learnt to make the most of his lucid time. Janus’ ‘dark side’ is a skilled tracker, hunter and fierce combatant with knowledge of martial arts. Janus is undergoing a daily medical treatment to prevent blood clots in his brain, and in his backpack he also always carries food, his pills and at least two bottles of water. Isabel Lagrange is a lawyer that has no fear to put up a fight in the ‘big league’ if necessary. She won a mistreatment lawsuit against Janus’ previous owner. She cares a lot for her son and ‘dark’ Janus will trust only her.

- Stats -

STRENGTH – 8
PERCEPTION – 6 to 8
ENDURANCE – 5 to 7
CHARISMA – 7 to 2
INTELLIGENCE – 6 to 5
AGILITY – 5 to 7
LUCK – 5

color 1 // color 2

---

- Type -
Main

- Name -
Hubert (called with a multitude of names, before)

- Gender -
N/A (formerly, male)

- Age -
N/A (claims he existed since the foundation of Ur)

- Species -
Ghost Dragon

- Personality -
Hubert is a wise spirit, kindred, who only wants to be sure that the inhabitants of the territory he protects are at safe. Yet, he won’t interfere with fate’s design, as he knows that life is something transitory, a whisper in existence. He cares most for the souls inside the bodies rather than the bodies themselves…and from time to time, Hubert likes to play tricks at the expenses of the living if he feels like to. He has shown a particular attention for Janus, on whose ‘dark side’ has a somewhat calming influence.

- Appearance -
Hubert appears – that is, whenever he wants to appear to people – as a 80 cm long dragon composed of blue ‘ethereal light’, with bright yellow eyes, slender, with smooth skin and a crest of fur running from his forehead to his tail.

- Backstory -
Hubert spent his life and beyond that to protect the human communities as it was fit, changing his allegiances from time to time in history, selecting the new places by his own unscrutable desire. This time, he has taken a liking to Janus, and follows him wherever he moves.

- Strengths&Weaknesses -
S – Knowledge, telekinesis, illusionist, immunity from any physical harm
W – At daytime, Hubert must go back into the skull and can’t leave until the sun has set.

- Other Notes -
Hubert displays a vast knowledge, and often likes to pride in it. he can read minds, though he will not do it unless necessary. He can project illusions, that will be as lasting and convincing as the target's willpower is weak. He can telekinetically influence objects like a poltergeist does, but nothing heavier than a 110 pounds-mass, distributed in a single objects or throughout different smaller objects. The skull he resides into now stays at Lagrange House. Hubert still can talk through it, though.

- Stats -

STRENGTH – N/A “But I still can kick your mortal butt!”
PERCEPTION – 10 “Being 3000 years old will have its advantages, nu?”
ENDURANCE – N/A “Existence is endurance in itself, compared to the temporary flesh.”
CHARISMA – 8 “Let’s forget this silly thing ghost/living, and let us be friends...Hey, why are you screaming?”
INTELLIGENCE – 10 “I spent my time studying. Not boring at all!”
AGILITY – N/A “As if an incorporeal entity needed it...”
LUCK – 8 “I'd be luckier if it wasn't for this silly prison.”

color
I like it
you're good to go
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I've found out I like working with LINKS! X3

I also fixed the yellow thing.
Love me right now! Done.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Leafolawl wrote:I've found out I like working with LINKS! X3

I also fixed the yellow thing.
much better
thanks!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Name: Buster Drake(male)
Species: Rabbit

-Appearance-
He's about the same size as Zach. his fur is jet black and his eyes are yellow. He wears a blue-green collar with just round tag with "B" written on it.
here he is being gay

-Personality-
He's an easy going person. He's happy most of the time, and maintains a cool composure even when angry. he just tends to make thinly veiled threats when he gets mad (such as "Vet bills are very expensive nowadays, aren't they?" or "I love having hands. don't you?") always with a smile and a laugh (he'll never follow through on these threats, but other pets don't know that). He likes to spend his time outside, thinking to himself if he isn't hanging out with friends. He always seems to know the right thing to say in tough situations, be it a joke or a reassuring pep talk.

SPECIAL:
STR-4
PER-5
END-4
CHA-10
INT-7
AGI-7
LUC-5

text color: #008080

that good? need more?
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Name: Buster Drake

Species: Rabbit

-Appearance-
He's about the same size as Zach. his fur is jet black and his eyes are yellow. He wears a blue-green collar with just round tag with "B" written on it.

-Personality-
He's an easy going person. He's happy most of the time, and maintains a cool composure even when angry. he just tends to make thinly veiled threats when he gets mad (such as "Vet bills are very expensive nowadays, aren't they?" or "I love having hands. don't you?") always with a smile and a laugh (he'll never follow through on these threats, but other pets don't know that). He likes to spend his time outside, thinking to himself if he isn't hanging out with friends. He always seems to know the right thing to say in tough situations, be it a joke or a reassuring pep talk.

SPECIAL:
STR-4
PER-5
END-4
CHA-10
INT-7
AGI-7
LUC-5

text color: #008080

that good? need more?
nope that's good enough for me
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

There is hardly a chance our colors will be confused.

Edit↓
[quote="Seth']nope that's good enough for me[/quote]
Is this sarcastic?
Or is it about his lack of gender?
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

Hey, hey, hey, I decided to try my luck with this RP

Name: Rex Rockbed

Species: German shpeherd

Appearance:
Big (5,8 ft/~171 cm tall) and strong, he's a pride of his species. He has Dark blue eyes and collar with the same color. His tag is a guitar.

Personality:
Rex is somewhat strange at the moments and not much of a talkative. He prefers to play on his guitar (acoustic, though he also has electric one). He doesn't have big dreams of being on stage, but instead, her prefers to play mainly just for Fun. he also reads from time to time and listens to music. If a friend asks him to play something he knows, he will do it gladly.

Background:
His father, Matt, is a son of somewhat rich business man. The old businessman wasn't much Proud of his older son's lack of interest to his job and they had a lot of arguments about that. One day, the went too Far and Rex's Father was given a small amount of his Father's fortune and sent away, never to come back. The First thing Matt did was to go the the nearest shelter, where he found one year old Rex and adopted him. Together, they changes a few places to live until they found Applegate, where they decided to choose as their Final stop.

Other Info:
- He is often seen with his acoustic guitar outside
- He always looks at the world optimistic

Strengths and weaknesses
S/W – he’s stubborn
S – Optimist to the core

SPECIAL:
S - 8
P - 6
E - 6
C - 5
I - 6
A - 6
L – 5

Color: 4000BF if possible

About Matt:
-he's a very nice and gentle person, yet you won't guess it by his formidable size (1,98 m/6,6 ft tall) and a bit crude looks
-he could be considered wealthy
-even though he has a lot of money, he doesn't have big dreams - he was dreaming about opening a bar or two in some town, where people could visit, have a beer and most of all - Fun
-he owes a perfectly good Harley Davidson and a jeep Toyota
-he usually wears his hair on a horse-tail.
-he wears leather jackets and jeans and looks exactly as a Rocker, although he doesn't actually describe Himself as one
-he also plays guitars (he taught Rex how to play)
-he has a few tattoos for luck on him
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

A sensible, artistic soul, son of a businessman?
The perfect match for Janus and his mom!! :D :D

And, sorry, his color has been taken by Hubert. In fact, I edited my submission to show the color codes I used for my CS.
The Moon Howler

that color okay?

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Leafolawl wrote:There is hardly a chance our colors will be confused.

Edit↓
[quote="Seth']nope that's good enough for me
Is this sarcastic?
Or is it about his lack of gender?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

no that really is fine
Im assuming male since its name is buster
Brent could you please put gender on your sheet somewhere?

Edit:
I'm thinking about getting this started as soon as we get up to 6 players
is that ok or would you guys prefer I wait until after this weekend?
your call im good with either
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hmm, four players + GM... I'd say, let's start on Monday. Weekend is usually slow even to join RPs, even slower for playing. Let's give it till Sunday night then it's moving time, waddayathink?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm fine with whatever we do.

and sorry about forgetting to put gender.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Irony

Post by Irony »

...Um. Is it okay if I join? :0

I don't have a character at this moment, but I should be able to make one pretty quick.
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

YAY A NEW ONE!

This is fantastic guys!

PORFAVOR RESERVE ME A SPOT.. PLEASE!

Thank you.
Aerroxosity

Post by Aerroxosity »

Is it alright if I join as well?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Seth wrote:nope that's good enough for me
>.<
I misread what you had put there, and seen "nope that's not good enough for me"
Why did I do that?

Sorry about the confusion.
Love me right now! Done.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

valerio wrote:Hmm, four players + GM... I'd say, let's start on Monday. Weekend is usually slow even to join RPs, even slower for playing. Let's give it till Sunday night then it's moving time, waddayathink?
Alright sounds like a plan, I'll start the RP thread monday afternoon when I get back from class (so about 3pm Eastern standard time)
Irony wrote:...Um. Is it okay if I join? :0

I don't have a character at this moment, but I should be able to make one pretty quick.
yes
simple things wrote:YAY A NEW ONE!

This is fantastic guys!

PORFAVOR RESERVE ME A SPOT.. PLEASE!

Thank you.
yes
Aerroxosity wrote:Is it alright if I join as well?
sure

I'm gonna cap this at 7 for now, just have character sheets posted by sunday night so we can get started monday.

Quick question,
Since there are 2 residential streets in town(I'm going to just call them oak and Maple) I'm thinking I'll just randomly place each character on one of those two streets. I like to have a vague layout of the neighborhood when I play.
Assuming there aren't any objections I'll go ahead and randomly assign you a street.(you can get to the other street easily, it'll be about a 5 minute walk)
sorry if this seems unnecessary but not knowing the general layout of a town is one of my biggest pet peeves in an RP.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Irony

Post by Irony »

Thanks for accepting me! This is my character. I might make some edits, but probably not.

- Name -
David Wright

- Gender -
Male

- Age -
5 years

- Species -
Persian cat (not the kind with the B< face )

- Personality -
David is very laid-back and has a cool and calm demeanor. He is quiet, doesn't talk often, and he needs time for himself, but likes the company of more outgoing individuals. He doesn't like humans much, but treats them with respect and can tolerate their company. He loves peace and quiet, and prefers the night, snow and rain. He prefers to take things slow, and has a tendency to do things at the last minute. He wont take offense to things if they are not intentional, and expects the same of others. He learned to control emotions, but as a result wont know what to do in sensitive situations. He can also be very sly. He's straight.

- Appearance -
http://i39.tinypic.com/kq6px.png
He is average height?? Think of it as if your character is tall then David is shorter, and vice versa. dunno how big a foot is orz
No collar because >:I . Checkered scarf instead.

- Backstory -
David has been with Beatrice Wright, an elderly woman, for as long as he can remember. He loves his mom and they get together very well. David never knew his genetic parents, though. Beatrice Wright was the CEO of a gasoline company until she retired. She's now fairly wealthy, but only spends enough for her and David to live comfortable lives. She plans to give the rest to David when she dies, which is a lot, unbeknownst to David.

- Strengths & Weaknesses -
Strengths – Cunning with a high IQ. Impervious to insults and temptations.
Weaknesses - Unable to respond properly in sensitive situations, is more drawn back in large groups. Only three out of five senses.

- Other Notes -
David is artistic, and likes to draw. He listens to various types of music, mostly "electric" (like VG-ish music) and admires musicians, as he would like to learn to create music as well as visual art. He loves colors, and his favorites are red-violet hues. He has no sense of taste or smell, and thus is incredibly healthy because he eats only healthy foods and isn't tempted by unhealthy foods. He doesn't like gooey foods because the only thing he perceives is the gooeyness. His IQ is 148, but he doesn't bother with trivia, so you can't really tell.

- Statistics -
STRENGTH – 3
PERCEPTION – 7 ??
ENDURANCE (mentally) – 8
CHARISMA – 2
INTELLIGENCE – 7
AGILITY – 4
LUCK – 10

color BF0080
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Irony wrote:Thanks for accepting me! This is my character. I might make some edits, but probably not.

- Name -
David Wright

- Gender -
Male

- Age -
5 years

- Species -
Persian cat (not the kind with the B< face )

- Personality -
David is very laid-back and has a cool and calm demeanor. He is quiet, doesn't talk often, and he needs time for himself, but likes the company of more outgoing individuals. He doesn't like humans much, but treats them with respect and can tolerate their company. He loves peace and quiet, and prefers the night, snow and rain. He prefers to take things slow, and has a tendency to do things at the last minute. He wont take offense to things if they are not intentional, and expects the same of others. He learned to control emotions, but as a result wont know what to do in sensitive situations. He can also be very sly. He's straight.

- Appearance -
http://i39.tinypic.com/kq6px.png
He is average height?? Think of it as if your character is tall then David is shorter, and vice versa. dunno how big a foot is orz
No collar because >:I . Checkered scarf instead.

- Backstory -
David has been with Beatrice Wright, an elderly woman, for as long as he can remember. He loves his mom and they get together very well. David never knew his genetic parents, though. Beatrice Wright was the CEO of a gasoline company until she retired. She's now fairly wealthy, but only spends enough for her and David to live comfortable lives. She plans to give the rest to David when she dies, which is a lot, unbeknownst to David.

- Strengths & Weaknesses -
Strengths – Cunning with a high IQ. Impervious to insults and temptations.
Weaknesses - Unable to respond properly in sensitive situations, is more drawn back in large groups. Only three out of five senses.

- Other Notes -
David is artistic, and likes to draw. He listens to various types of music, mostly "electric" (like VG-ish music) and admires musicians, as he would like to learn to create music as well as visual art. He loves colors, and his favorites are red-violet hues. He has no sense of taste or smell, and thus is incredibly healthy because he eats only healthy foods and isn't tempted by unhealthy foods. He doesn't like gooey foods because the only thing he perceives is the gooeyness. His IQ is 148, but he doesn't bother with trivia, so you can't really tell.

- Statistics -
STRENGTH – 3
PERCEPTION – 7 ??
ENDURANCE (mentally) – 8
CHARISMA – 2
INTELLIGENCE – 7
AGILITY – 4
LUCK – 10

color BF0080
everything looks good to me
Welcome
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Aerroxosity

Post by Aerroxosity »

-Name-
Albert Saughterman

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Belgian Shepard (Dog)

-Age-
18 (About 5 human years)

-Gender-
Male

-Neighborhood-
Applegate

-Appearance-
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=belgian+ ... ,r:11,s:43

He wears a purple collar with a tag in the shap of a feather sitting in a bottle of ink. He wears a custom hoodie complete with a design of a scroll used in mid-evil times (only worn through-out winter and spring)

-Personality-
Up-beat kind of guy, he's laid-back when he's alone but when he's in a group he likes to just have a good time. He'll say what's on his mind if it involves him somehow, or if it just suits the time and place. He is real gentle and a good friend he just isn't very good with meeting people due to his paranoia of strangers, but once he gets to know you he is really happy and a blast to be around.

-Back-Story-
He has lived most of his life with his owner Gary Saughterman, a tall bulky man in about his mid 40's brown hair and eyes. As a pup he was found in a small little tree-line and was taken to the pound, where he was found by his current owner. When he was about 2 he found out his owner had been hospitalized by some muggers, During that time he was very self taught because he had to look after his owner.

A while after his owner healed now having to walk with a cane, he got into some under the table money deals with a lumber farm to try and help with bills and grocery, but eventually got out of it and now generally just having fun with his owner, and some other pets he had met through the lumbering trial of that ordeal.

-Side Notes-
He is bisexual

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 5

Perception- 7

Endurance- 6

Charisma- 9

Intelligence- 3

Agility- 6

Luck- 4

#BF0040

Good? need anything done with it?
Sorry if this keeps saying more edits have been done on it, I just go through and edit misspellings. (For some reason they bother me when it's my own post)
Last edited by Aerroxosity on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 am, edited 8 times in total.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I just noticed a small contradiction in my character's personality. X3
I'll just get that small kink out of the system.
Love me right now! Done.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Aerroxosity wrote:-Name-
Albert Saughterman

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Belgian Shepard (Dog)

-Age-
18 (About 5 human years)

-Gender-
Male

-Neighborhood-
Applegate

-Appearance-
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=belgian+ ... ,r:11,s:43

He wears a purple collar with a tag in the shap of a feather sitting in a bottle of ink. He wears a custom hoodie complete with a design of a scroll used in mid-evil times (only worn through-out winter and spring)

-Personality-
Up-beat kind of guy, he's laid-back when he's alone but when he's in a group he likes to just have a good time. He'll say what's on his mind if it involves him somehow, or if it just suits the time and place. He is real gentle and a good friend he just isn't very good with meeting people due to his paranoia of strangers, but once he gets to know you he is really happy and a blas to be around.

-Back-Story-
He has lived most of his life with his owner Gary Saughterman, a tall bulky man in about his mid 40's brown hair and eyes. As a pup he was found in a small little tree-line and was taken to the pound, where he was found by his current owner. When he was about 2 he found out his owner had been hospitalized by some muggers, During that time he was very self taught because he had to look after his owner.

A while after his owner headed now having to walk with a cane, he got into some under the table money deals with a lumber farm to try and help with bills and grocery, but eventually got out of it and now generally just having fun with his owner, and some other pets he had met through the lumbering trial of that ordeal.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 5

Perception- 7

Endurance- 6

Charisma- 9

Intelligence- 3

Agility- 6

Luck- 4

Good? need anything done with it?
Did he get into the lumber deals or did his owner?

are they totally done with that chapter of their lives or are there some lingering effects?

What do you mean by self taught?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Aerroxosity

Post by Aerroxosity »

Seth wrote:Did he get into the lumber deals or did his owner?
Albert did, it was to help pay the bills and what-not because his owner couldn't work.
Seth wrote:are they totally done with that chapter of their lives or are there some lingering effects?
The most lingering effect of it is Albert's owner is permenantly disabled, so he has to walk with a cane.
Seth wrote:What do you mean by self taught?
Albert had to figure most everything out himself. Cooking, ect.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Aerroxosity wrote:
Seth wrote:Did he get into the lumber deals or did his owner?
Albert did, it was to help pay the bills and what-not because his owner couldn't work.
Seth wrote:are they totally done with that chapter of their lives or are there some lingering effects?
The most lingering effect of it is Albert's owner is permenantly disabled, so he has to walk with a cane.
Seth wrote:What do you mean by self taught?
Albert had to figure most everything out himself. Cooking, ect.
alright
Um
pick a text color for him and youre A-ok in my book
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Aerroxosity

Post by Aerroxosity »

OH.. How did I forget the color. I'll edit the CS to have it.
Irony

Post by Irony »

Oh... uh, is it okay if I add a female character? Or do we already have too many characters?