HPU: Applegate OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Applegate OOC

Post by Hlaoroo »

The trick to getting involved in an RP, Shadow, is simply this: get involved. It doesn't matter if it's awkward to have your character walk into the middle of something or walk around a corner and run slap into someone - rather, that's half the fun! RPs are all about exploring the interactions between the characters and about developing the characters as individuals. There's a lot of teamwork involved in a RP. People can't interact with your character if your character isn't there to interact with. So just have them walk up somewhere and say hi.

Alternatively you can wait for the tour group if you want but that's less fun and, as Serence said, there's no telling when it might start properly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

As soon as Pat responds to getting divebombed by a flying, singing, dancing cat, I'm going to try to pull a few characters away (Forcibly, if need be) from the Sudden Drama for some silly Housepets!-style shenanigans.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Okay then, I'll get Silver to move closer to get involved in said shenanigans. :P
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Looks like a lot happened between when I went to sleep last night and got up today...

One thing to note, Kuro, is that collapsing and falling unconscious are mutually exclusive things.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Checked, and duly noted. I always thought that collapsing is just falling in general.

I'm a little tired to be honest. I've spent like 4 hours replying on Youtube comments that were attacking my home state for some of our people's beliefs, and having to deal with these people is like trying to placate a crying child. And they still refuse to see to reason. And all this just after I've recovered from yet another sudden bout of depression, and handling insomnia at the same time also.

In any case, I've forced Mikan to act.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

They aren't mutually exclusive, Leaf. True, it is possible to collapse without losing consciousness. However, generally when one loses consciousness a collapse immediately follows.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

kurowolfe wrote:Checked, and duly noted. I always thought that collapsing is just falling in general.

I'm a little tired to be honest. I've spent like 4 hours replying on Youtube comments that were attacking my home state for some of our people's beliefs, and having to deal with these people is like trying to placate a crying child. And they still refuse to see to reason. And all this just after I've recovered from yet another sudden bout of depression, and handling insomnia at the same time also.

In any case, I've forced Mikan to act.
sorry to hear that Kuro , but , if I may , I don't think you should even bother with the youtube comment section . Those types of people can't be reasoned with , they can't and they don't want to listen to anything but their own words anyway . Just ignore them
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Also what Serence said. I bothered with the youtube comments once. Never again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

What defines collapsing and passing out as mutually exclusive is that you /can/ have one without the other at all in both directions. It's not even uncommon.

However, let's not get caught up on and debate the semantics of denotation versus connotation. At least not here in the O.O.C. for Applegate.

I don't mean to come off as attacking, it's just that I believe the distinction is good to keep in mind.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

this argument is over a miscommunication.
Mutually exclusive means two statements can't both be true. only one, the other, or neither.

you meant to say that Serenade is still conscious, just collapsed. but you actually said she can't be unconscious if she's collapsed.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

In any case, I understand the difference :3

I've updated the cheat sheet for their appearances, so that we would not need to second-guess how others look while writing~

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I updated Mickey's character sheet.

Name: Mickey Jack Strawters

Color: Mint Green.

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Calico cat

Appearance: Mickey is only about half her owners height, reaching 2'6 feet. Her muzzle, underbelly, tail tip, tuft of hair and ponytail are black. Mickey herself is light brown with lighter brown eyes. She wears a brother leather jacket and usually had her paws on her pockets. She also wears a green handkerchief over a deep green leather collar and a red one on her head. The red one was a gift from her parents when she stared her work on the farm. The green one is some random one. She swears she's never seen it before.

Personality: Mickey is a tomboy. She is ruffle and tumble, never hesitating to play fight. She doesn't mind getting dirty, since the scent of strawberries will forever be in her fur. But at the same time, Mickey is also friendly and kind. She cares for her friends and will stand up for those who can't stand for themselves. She'll help out critters in need always, unless she knows somethings up. She was also raised in the country side, giving her a thick country accent and speech. Underneath, though, Mickey is sad and broken. She never dwells or even thinks about her illness though. She remains the lion-in-a-kittens-body people know her to be.

History: Mickey was raised on a farm with her parents, a black cat named Marceline and a brown cat named Ozzy. They taught her everything she knows. Bull wrangling, berry picking, horse riding, the usual stuff for a kitten her age. They had even given her a red handkerchief like their own! But one day, when she was out by the old bridge, Mickey tripped and tumble off the edge of the cliff the bridge connected. She reached out with her claws and was able to grab on and shout out for help, in which her parents responded. They were in such a hurry to save their daughter that thought wasn't processing and it was purely instinct. They were able to get her back up, but at the cost of their lives. Mickey and her owner relocated to Applegate soon after.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L Stats
- Strength: 7
- Perception: 5
- Endurance: 6
- Charisma: 6
- Intelligence: 8
- Agility: 4
- Luck: 6
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

... I am completely lost right now, and my keyboard is broken.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

oh dear , sorry to hear about your keyboard . I believe your character was outside or something right ? Maybe you could meet up with Shadowlighting's character , since his character is also newly come to town .
ShadowLightning

If I recall, you divebombed at one of the other characters. I think it was Mickey. Also, sorry to hear about your keyboard as well. Hope you can get that fixed soon.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

so a little bit of an explanation might be in order here about what happening to Serenade , for a few of us who's involved , basically Hubert just took Serenade's consciousness to the astral plane , leaving her body behind . So to others it just looks like she went limp completely . The spirit is still trying to take over her body by the way.
And now I just remember that Serenade always hide a lantern between her tails , but since she's unconscious now , the lantern might be dropped out of her tails . Just a little details in case you guys wanna do something with it .
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I was bored
mikan colour small.jpg
mikan colour small.jpg (77.8 KiB) Viewed 16745 times
I forgot the lollipop. I also wonder if the emotions are correctly drawn...

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

nice drawings , the expressions seems quite right to me ^^
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Nice! Looks great! He's quite cute. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

ShadowLightning

I don't know why but I always imagined he was orange, even though that's not what it says on his character sheet. :lol: He looks great, kuro! :P
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I think Caramel might be gone. I'll talk to him, see what's up.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I can't blame him, Pat didn't see much action yet. I guess he also didn't know the slower pace of the HPUs xD

ShadowLightning

I think Sartharina might have gone too. Either that, or her keyboard might still be broken.

Also, I apologize for not getting involved with the RP. I'll try to be more active in the next days to come.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yeah, that's too bad, two people gone... And is Hyper still playing here, I tried to PM him but that got nowhere for here and I don't want to leave him behind.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

if Caramel's gone, you're welcome to continue playing his character, Mickey.
Sarth didn't do much so if (s)he's gone we can just sort of ignore that rico ever existed.

and Kuro, Tara has been think-talking in a way that everyone can hear, and she's only slightly translucent so everyone can see her too. Though he quite possibly could have missed that she was a ghost, she's sort of making an attempt to blend in.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:she's only slightly translucent so everyone can see her too
Not everyone can see her...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'll be honest, I originally wanted to make Mikan be totally oblivious to paranormal activities, aka not being able to even see ghosts, no matter how hard they wanted him to see them. Hubert was an exception, because he's a deity. It's kinda of my quirk in roleplaying, controlling characters that go against the general norm of the RPs they belong in.

But seeing how the most active players are also owners of ghost characters, and seeing how the supernatural is so interwoven into the fabric of Applegate itself, I find it harder and harder to maintain that personality of his, and I finally gave that idea up and had Mikan perceive Miles. The bit about the tattoo on his back was made up on the spot as a result of me trying to maintain that not being able to see ghost trait.

Tara, he had not seen yet. I don't have any particular in-universe reason for that, it's only me trying to remember that he could see ghosts now. The story still has to go in a smooth flow, so (not seeing Tara) -> (only knowing there's another ghost) -> (finally noticing her). He'll be able to talk to Tara soon :3

I apologize if this comes off as a rant. I'm relatively a greenhorn in the RP world, and am still learning to not fallinto the dreaded Mary Sue and purple prose traits

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no problem.
so he sort of has a mental block that makes it take quite a while for him to see perceive ghosts, even if they should be fully visible. I didn't remember that was a thing he had, so I'm cool with your post now.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Noted. My next post would be so that Tara, and in fact all other apparitions, will be perceivable by Mikan. Maybe not the spiritual energy and otherworldly things though.

Whenever that might be ;p

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Can someone give me another recap?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well, since everyone's still in the bookstore (well almost everyone) I'll just give you the big things going on

Serenade had some sort of supernatural episode, complete with a deepened voice for a moment, and is now unconcious upstairs. the local vet is examining her and trying to figure out what happened, but will probably need to take her to his clinic for a more extensive diagnostic.

Hubert is helping serenade inside her head or something, because the problem is actually supernatural in nature.

the others are milling about worried. Tara just offered to finally give the tour to try and take people's minds off of the current situation.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well, Eon is more focused on how Hazyl/Lydia is doing with Ion with him. They're kind of waiting on her response.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Buster went home. too much new wierd stuff for one day. unless anyone goes looking for her she'll be back tomorrow.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sorry for suddenly slowing down guys , I'm still here , just kind of stuck a little tiny bit ^^" , will post as soon as possible .
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

And I simply forgot =w= I actually thought I've posted a response, but nope, just my mind playing tricks on me

ShadowLightning

Silver's just chilling somewhere outside the bookstore. He was about to walk over and meet Mickey and Caramel, but they both left so he's back to just sitting around. I'm just waiting till Tara starts the tour so he can tag along and finally get some interaction. :P
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I'll be taking over for Caramel until/if he returns. Anyone wanna come to the farm with them? Now's your chance.
My characters!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Welp, we tried. I guess the herd mentality is strong in this HPU xD

In any case, I'm down with the flu at the moment, and while I can type, my head still feel a little congested, and there's a big chance I'll write something weird if I were to post now. So, gotta rest first *crouches under blanket* =w=

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yeah , your health is more important kuro , get well soon :)
ShadowLightning

Get well soon, kuro!